Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 4, 2017 8:16 PM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This was a good chapter, especially for Reiner, interesting bit about the Teiber family and that the hammer titan is apart of that family. Reiner character is getting more complex as each chapter goes and it is making perfect sense why he has this mental issues.

This was a good chapter, but I hope we see Eren and co soon, I miss them. :(
Jul 4, 2017 11:26 PM

Jan 2016
This new chapter was so heartbroken like the previous one.
We can finally see Reiner's dad but it turns out he is a jerk, and it seems his mother, according to his father, just use Reiner to take revenge on the dad.
Karina used to work for this man, we can guess they had an one night stand, and maybe Karina seduced him so she could "become" a Marleyan.
If that's true so Reiner was born without love.

And Marcel, I think he protected Reiner because he felt guilty about what he did in order to protect his little brother. Poor Reiner...

Reiner wasn't loved by anyone, neither his parents, nor his warriors comrades loved him except Bertolt but he's gone now.
Everything he believed was false:
- he thought he obtained the armored titan because of his skills or devotion, in fact it's because of Marcel who made the army having a high opinion of Reiner and a lower opinion of his brother.
- he wanted to save the world by killing all the "devils" inside the wall but learned they weren't devils...
- his mother just used him to become Marleyan or for revenge, and his parents weren't in love with each other.
He's become a warrior for nothing... Maybe the only positive thing was to be friend with Bertolt.

Really nice chapter, I don't want to see the walldians yet, I want to know more and more about Reiner and the other warriors, I've been waiting 4 years for those flashbacks. People don't like warriors' story? Fine! Just drop the serie for several months like I did for the beginning of uprising arc : Eren training part was really useless, the most interesting parts were about Erwin, Historia, and Grisha, oh wait the flashback of Grisha belongs to the next arc!
People complain a lot about these recent chapters and want to see their beloved "main cast", but isn't Reiner a part of the main cast? And isn't the main cast now the warriors? They show us what we always wanted to know and you're complaining? You didn't want to know about the antagonists' feeling? I really don't understand most of the fans of this serie...
Jul 5, 2017 12:09 AM

Oct 2015
It was a good chapter, just like the last one. I really like Reiner's past, it turned out to be a really interesting, and sad one. I don't know if there is anything else to it, and I'm not sure if anyone else's past could be this interesting, so I'm hoping next month we'll see the main characters, or that both sides get ready for war so we can see the final arc.

I wonder how many chapters there are yet. It's been exactly one year since we saw the basement. We're yet to see the war, the end, and some strange things explained, like how did Owl know about Eren, etc.
Jul 5, 2017 12:32 AM

Jan 2009
wow that chapter is a great backstory to how Marcel was eaten by Ymir so her titan form is called Jaw titan eh

and i love how they detailed the abilities of each Titans on Marleys possession

and Reiner is just one lucky bastard isnt he lol

and i love this panel summarizing in few words their whole plan before they attack Eren and the others on Paradis island

Jul 5, 2017 1:08 AM

Aug 2012
Another interesting chapter on Reiner's past. He's been the main focus in these past few chapters and the fact that he's Isayama's favorite character right now

Pieck acting like a cat XD
It's been a while since we've seen Annie's titan form
I do hope we get to see older Eren and co soon
Jul 5, 2017 1:38 AM

Apr 2016
A bit of an underwhelming chapter. I was hoping to see more of the one-legged mystery man. I hope the rest of the story isn't going to be played out from the perspective of Reiner and his crew.

So the 9th Titan is called the War Hammer Titan? Meh...

Jul 5, 2017 2:33 AM

Aug 2013
I love how they just casually reveal that the 9th titan was in Marley all along. I watched a lot of theory videos about the 9th titan and they were all wrong.
Now I just wonder what the warhammer titan looks like and what his powers are. Personally I think that it has giant arms, but that is solely based on the name.

Jul 5, 2017 6:21 AM

Aug 2012
DarknessSerpent said:
I love how they just casually reveal that the 9th titan was in Marley all along. I watched a lot of theory videos about the 9th titan and they were all wrong.
Now I just wonder what the warhammer titan looks like and what his powers are. Personally I think that it has giant arms, but that is solely based on the name.

Warhammer titan you say XD

Jul 5, 2017 6:44 AM

Aug 2015
So much for a titan with wings. I think the warhammer titan is gonna have one huge arm and one small one, kinda like this but in titan form instead of zombie
Jul 5, 2017 6:55 AM

Apr 2016
No doubt this Teiber Family and their Hammer-Time Titan have their own hidden agenda. smh
Jul 5, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2007
now that the 9th titan identity is revealed to be in the possession of the teiper family we know for sure that the amputee guy is probably Eren

but what if the teiper family already made a deal with the walldians? they seems to have their own politics and views on war in general and it would make sense why Eren would be able to infiltrate a somehow dangerous territory.. its assuring to know he have a backup somewhere.. maybe Armin and others are in one of their mansions too

Reiner is truly a tragic hero T.T i feel bad for him i hope his haters would understand his actions now!

on another note i really want to ship Zeke and Pieck so bad but i hate Zeke with passion because he basically killed Erwin so...
Jul 5, 2017 7:28 AM

Sep 2007
also i wonder if Zeke knew about the hidden telephone thingy inside the music box? Reiner seems to noticed it at the end of their meeting

damn those Marlyans they have no trust its so petty
Jul 5, 2017 7:43 AM

Feb 2011
.......... i want to see eren and the crew again man wtf
Jul 5, 2017 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
sim0n2170 said:
DarknessSerpent said:

Warhammer titan you say XD

So the transformation comes with a hammer, it all makes sense now! :P

Jul 5, 2017 8:04 AM

Jun 2016
Folks, the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin has been decided by Hajime-senpai. I'm so scared. ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 5, 2017 8:40 AM

Oct 2010
It's interesting to know about the backstory of the fall of Shiganshina. I wonder though where was the female titan during all of those commotion? Trying to track the founding titan while the other two distracts and kills people? Seems like there is a little bit more to explain from their side. Perhaps it will take longer to see the main cast...

Poor Reiner.

Jul 5, 2017 9:47 AM

Apr 2016
fiane said:
I wonder though where was the female titan during all of those commotion?

She drew the other Titans to the scene.
Jul 5, 2017 10:38 AM
Aug 2016
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Folks, the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin has been decided by Hajime-senpai. I'm so scared. ;-;
can you cite a source?
Jul 5, 2017 12:12 PM

Jul 2015
ahh come on! its been months since we have seen eren and others...i have startin to hate reiner......

the only thing this chapter did was make a correct explaination of what we already knew... and what's with 9th titan reveal? i know hajime isayama hates cliche but this is getting ridicolos...
Jul 5, 2017 12:40 PM

Mar 2016
fiane said:
They're probably close to the walls so she must have withdrawl to bring titans with her...

Lord_Lamington said:
So much for a titan with wings.
Maybe will be a flying titan in which his special power is to make aerial dives in to the ground... A "Warhammer"!

----------------------

Titans:

azertz99Jul 5, 2017 4:49 PM
Jul 5, 2017 1:47 PM

Nov 2016
Cool that they continue fleshing out Reiners character, this helps a lot making his personality more believeable.

It was also interesting to get a overview of all titans on Marleys side with the strength of titan and their user.

Zekes replies to Piek were pretty funny, did a good job with the dry and subtle humor again.

Good chapter and I'm really curious to see the Warhammer Titan.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2017 2:29 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah I miss Eren&Co but I like the Marley side
Jul 5, 2017 3:42 PM

Nov 2012
The final titan's been revealed, although we yet have to see what it looks like (but no wings apparently XD).
Nice to see more background on the warriors invasion, but showing Marcel's death so many times is losing impact.

I wasn't too fond of Reiner's dad overreacting so much, the execution felt over the top :/ Kinda like Nagisa's mom in assassination classroom. Sometimes less is more, we already feel sorry for Reiner. If you don't want anybody to know your little dirty secret you shouldn't scream that much. Still, it's pretty sad that the only place where people really cared for Reiner (at some point) was Paradis. And now the new "family" he has will suffer the pains of war.

I wonder what was up with the warrior's meeting and the microphone though, were those people hearing from Marley or Teiber? I didn't get that part.
If team Eren wins the war... I wonder what will happen next. It looks like they'll have to go against the rest of the world D: Nobody likes Eldians.
4/5
kchorrex2012Jul 5, 2017 3:49 PM
Jul 5, 2017 4:35 PM

Oct 2010
Nigerian-Warlord said:
fiane said:

She drew the other Titans to the scene.

azertyY said:
fiane said:
They're probably close to the walls so she must have withdrawl to bring titans with her...

Lord_Lamington said:
So much for a titan with wings.[/IMG][/spoiler]
Maybe will be a flying titan in which his special power is to make aerial dives in to the ground... A "Warhammer"!

----------------------

Titans:

Hmm... I thought because titans are naturally attracted to humans, the walled areas being concentrated with humans should be enough bait for them to swarm naturally inside. Do you guys have any sources? I really cannot wrap my head around Annie's role in the fall of Shiganshina. Or perhaps I simply forgot.
Jul 5, 2017 7:30 PM

Aug 2015
azertyY said:

Lord_Lamington said:
So much for a titan with wings.

Yes, i can actually see that. Now im picturing some 'perfect' physique male titan with angel like wings. Kinda like eren's, but a bit more bulkier and has the posture of a knight. When it attacks it soars up into the sky and then just full speed smashes into the ground creating a huge impact that could wipe out an entire city. And that's why the family hasn't used the power because it's so destructive. And the titan shifter inside might die from the impact. so once it's used it takes a while for person inside to recover, which balances it out so it's not too strong.

Now im just picturing a scene where the people inside the walls think they are in control of the island. Then they see the titan way up in the sky, but they cant tell what it is yet. Then it gets closer and closer, more people see it, then they realise what it is and start panicking. Kinda like when the colossal titan first appeared, where everyone in the town is looking. then Kaboom! lots of dead people
Jul 6, 2017 2:07 AM

Jun 2016
TreekoX said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:
can you cite a source?

The latest chapter had Isayama's note at the end of it:

"While I’m concerned about the readers opinion on the Marley Arc, it is heading to its end. I was initially influenced by the movie “The Mist”, but now I’ve have been influenced by “Guardian of the Galaxy” and “In one corner of this world”. Like “Himeanole” I don’t see Justice as something connected to Evil, yet the sensation of devilish homicide can overlap with a victim’s emotions. Please look forward to the end of Attack on Titan as it has been decided."

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 6, 2017 4:19 AM
Jun 2017
The chapter was really good. And I genuinely feel bad for Reiner. But, I WANT EREN TO LIVE FOR 2 BILLION YEARS!!! Is there any possibility for that now? I had a theory that the 9th Titan can survive longer. So, I thought that Eren would eat that shifter to gain a higher life span.
Jul 6, 2017 4:34 AM

Apr 2017
another interesting chapter, so.... the 9th titan is the war-hammer titan from that royal family, i wonder what is it good at

that flashback tho i'm so sad for reiner he pretty much lost all his comrades he trained with :( just get out there already annie lol

regardless, i miss mikasa i hope her hair have grown where is she isayama

btw

pieck is such an interesting character lmao

*points finger* "As expected of Pieck! that's exactly right."

i wonder what's her last name
sunako199Jul 7, 2017 5:18 AM

still life: pink roses
Jul 6, 2017 6:45 AM
Apr 2015
I'm a little disappointed by this chapter, we didn't learn much except the 9th titan name, we didn't get to see its appearance / learn its abiliites.

We also learned about Reiner's dad, the plot with the 2 brothers who saved Reiner but none of all of this is really interesting, it could've been skipped without any impact on the story.

I just wish to learn more about the one legged man & maybe Bertolth / Annie & to see some action, the political arc did have some yet this one doesn't have any except for the war at the beginning & the flashbacks.

We get it, Reiner is a victim manipulated by both his mother and the Marley. Now please focus on another character or give us some action.
As said earlier seeing Ymir eat the shiter for the 50th time is just repetitive & boring now.

I still liked the chapter though, for seeing the beginning of the 4 shifters mission & minor information like the submarine 4 legged titan & the colossal titan nicknamed "The god of destruction", but it could've been far better.

3/5
Jul 6, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2015
ILikeTurtles said:

I just wish to learn more about the one legged man & maybe Bertolth / Annie

Yeah, i wanna see Annie, and i was really hoping for some more hints of the one legged person. But Bertolt? did you skip a few chapters and come to this one? he died back in chapter 84.
Jul 6, 2017 7:25 AM

Aug 2013
fiane said:
It's interesting to know about the backstory of the fall of Shiganshina. I wonder though where was the female titan during all of those commotion? Trying to track the founding titan while the other two distracts and kills people? Seems like there is a little bit more to explain from their side. Perhaps it will take longer to see the main cast...

Since annie was the only one that could easly maneuver among the walls she was probably needed in case founding titan was found, but it's really interesing what exactly she was doing in that particular moment. Maybe she didn't have tasks at all, and was waiting for her time to shine, or she did something we still have not found yet. Let's hope we will see something in next chapters, it seems it will be still focused on the Marley side.

I feel kinda sorry for Reiner since all his believes were false.
Jul 6, 2017 7:26 AM
Apr 2015
I meant Bertolt's family, we know about Reiner's parents & Annie's father but we don't know anything about Bertolt's parents (might have missed something though). Since his marksmanship skills were praised (even though he never used them in the end for his mission) maybe he received special training like Annie with her father.
Jul 6, 2017 7:31 AM
Jul 2017
i still have no idea what is goin' on here.

is paradis island is most dangerous land or what? it is so sad that paradis island is isolated so much. and how will eren and his friends learn the truth behind this political thing outside paradis island. what he learn so far just history.
Jul 6, 2017 7:44 AM

Jun 2016
WARHAMMER TITAN. That name dropped. Fuuuuck! The 9th titan is finally revealed. I'm shookt af!

I miss the Survey Corps already, but I trust Hajime Isayama. Ugh. Amazing chapter, as always.

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 6, 2017 7:59 AM

Aug 2013
ILikeTurtles said:
I meant Bertolt's family, we know about Reiner's parents & Annie's father but we don't know anything about Bertolt's parents (might have missed something though).

You are correct, i believe we don't know anything about Bertolt's family and it seems that he was mentally the weakest member of warrior squad.
Jul 6, 2017 7:59 AM
Dec 2015
Is war hammer going to look like Thor? Another family introduction! there are more questions than answers! What about Annie? I don't think the crystal prevent her from aging. Then there's questions about the main trio of the island and the ackermans.
Jul 6, 2017 8:45 AM

Jan 2017
I don't understand why some people really don't enjoy where the story is right now. I quite honestly am enjoying it quite a bit. All the new characters are great, and the old ones are also quite good. This shift into Riener's backstory is making his character heavily grow on me. I never really cared about him before these last few chapters, but this one really cemented it. I'm starting to really like where his character is going. Seems like he might not be truly on the Marlian's side. We might get a switch of sides from him seeing that the people on Paradis island are just normal people like he is. (Also his backstory is just heartbreaking TT-TT)

Overall this and last chapter were great. Dived more in to Riener's backstory is very intriguing to read about and is really making his character more interesting.

Also we need more Zeke. Please Isayama give us more of this boy.
Jul 6, 2017 9:00 AM
Dec 2015
xlemany said:
I don't understand why some people really don't enjoy where the story is right now. I quite honestly am enjoying it quite a bit. All the new characters are great, and the old ones are also quite good. This shift into Riener's backstory is making his character heavily grow on me. I never really cared about him before these last few chapters, but this one really cemented it. I'm starting to really like where his character is going. Seems like he might not be truly on the Marlian's side. We might get a switch of sides from him seeing that the people on Paradis island are just normal people like he is. (Also his backstory is just heartbreaking TT-TT)

Overall this and last chapter were great. Dived more in to Riener's backstory is very intriguing to read about and is really making his character more interesting.

some people just don't want to feel sorry for Reiner and co. and rather stick with Eren and co. Taking on Marleys.
Jul 6, 2017 9:16 AM
Jul 2017
great point. seriously, reiner and co story when they were in paradis island is just suck. they screwed up everything. and then how can i care about reiner and his country right now.
Jul 6, 2017 9:27 AM

Jan 2017
voidepression said:
xlemany said:

some people just don't want to feel sorry for Reiner and co. and rather stick with Eren and co. Taking on Marleys.

Yeah I get that to be honest. I am also waiting for the main cast to come back, but it's not urgent for me. I'm fine with reading about the events that are happening with Riener and co.
Jul 6, 2017 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
Reiner really had a fucked up past, no wonder he has these mental issues. It was cool to hear about this plan that they have to take care of Paradise Island and to learn the name of the 9th titan. I also liked those few pages that went over each titan that we know of so far. I couldn't but chuckle a bit at the Cartman Titan as all i could think of was Cartman from South Park.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 6, 2017 11:32 AM

Jan 2016
Strong chapter, Reiners backstory is really fucked up man. I can never hate him and it's sad to see how innocent the children are really, but the fact that the "devils on paradise island" must be killed is something that's sadly implanted into their brains at a very young age.

Jul 6, 2017 11:43 AM
Jun 2016
I have this feeling that Reiner might betray marley. What do you guys think?
Jul 6, 2017 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
Ksjc20 said:

That could happen, but he is running out of time so the biggest help would be just giving armored titan to scout regiment.
Jul 6, 2017 1:15 PM

Oct 2015
Just about every character in this manga is more interesting to read about that Eren, Mikasa and Armin.

With the Colossal in the hands of Paradis and that mysterious person from last chapter, I'm convinced this series won't end without Armin kicking in the walls of the Eldian ghetto on Marley.
Jul 6, 2017 1:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So much good info in this episode. I'm loving Rainer's flashbacks. They flesh out so much of the mysteries in he story. They are also going to make my eventual re-read of the manga more interesting
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 6, 2017 1:38 PM

Nov 2012
Ksjc20 said:

Well I'd say he's at least considering it, just by taking into account these last two chapters. He had a far better time with the 104th, then there's Historia and Annie in the walls. I wonder what he could do to make up for all the deaths since the fall of Shiganshina... Eren and co. are obviously not going to trust him (much less forgive him) that easily. It's totally possible, but I don't know what should he do to betray marley convincingly. Perhaps it'll all come down to him snapping at a very decisive moment and switching sides to turn the tide of the battle (he's good at snapping XD).

I wonder if Zeke has other intentions as well, why would he care to "save" Eren from Paradis if he was so quick to betray his father? No need to declare that if he just wanted to recover the founding titan.
Jul 6, 2017 1:51 PM

Apr 2016
One thing I've been wondering about: is the Female Titan's always a female no matter who uses it (hence it always being referred to as "The Female Titan"). I always thought the crystalizing ability was its main ability and that it was only called The Female Titan initially because of its physical characteristics to its shifter (Annie). Ymir was a female titan same as Pieck. Is this particular titan only given to females? What if a male got its powers - would it still be The Female Titan???
Jul 6, 2017 2:04 PM
Dec 2015
Nigerian-Warlord said:
One thing I've been wondering about: is the Female Titan's always a female no matter who uses it (hence it always being referred to as "The Female Titan"). I always thought the crystalizing ability was its main ability and that it was only called The Female Titan initially because of its physical characteristics to its shifter (Annie). Ymir was a female titan same as Pieck. Is this particular titan only given to females? What if a male got its powers - would it still be The Female Titan???

Jaws looks different when Ymir uses it, so I assume the female Titan will become male Titan if a guy uses it, but the powers will remain the same. Anyway, besides wondering what Eren and co. is up to in the past few years, there are a lot of other mysteries too. What are the ackermans? Where's Annie now? Who are this new mysterious family that house the power of the last titan? We might get a Zeke's backstory like Reiner very soon too.
Jul 6, 2017 2:18 PM
May 2017
It was a great chapter , loved it for sure , I'm not a fan of marley thing but it was great to get to know Reiner much more , to see Annie , Bert , Reiner and Marcel heading for the Island when they were only 12 and Every thing Reiner had ever beleived was wrong and for sure it is good to know finally about the 9th titanshifter but I'm lil bit disappointed about its fact I beleived that there is gonna be much more secrets and surprises byond the truth of the ninth titan , I'm excited now to know that the war is coming and pretty sure we are so close to get to know what has been happenning on the Island for those passing years , I'm waitting for more answers , there still soooo many secrets sooo many quastions and I guess we are approaching right to the answers , and what made this chapter more exciting is the interview that Hajime Isayama made with bessatsu shonen 2 days ago and I read it as the same time I was reading the manga so that made me a lil bit scared and excited about the end of the course. I can't lie I need to see my Eren and the others back again ❤ , it has been about half a year without them being a part of the course , great chapter 😍 and waitting for next month❤
HazarAbdulrahmanJul 6, 2017 2:22 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.