Forum Settings
Forums

What was the point of Rafaela x Luciella or in what way did Clare benefit from receiving Rafaela's memories ?

New
Jul 3, 2017 10:32 AM

Feb 2015
I still don't understand what the purpose of Clare getting absorbed by that thing was. What exactly did Clare gain from that and why was it necessary for the plot?
Jul 3, 2017 1:56 PM
Jan 2017
I think it basically enabled clare to control her awakening and eventually awaken teresa as it was mentioned near the end.i have only read claymore once,so i don't remember much of it.
Jul 7, 2017 5:07 PM
Aug 2016
I think the concept of rafaela becoming "one" with clare was that of the twin warrior experiments, I guess rafaela bridged the gap between clare and teresa and allowed clare to awaken completely without the fear of not turning back to a human.
Apr 26, 2019 3:16 AM

Aug 2012
AshitaNoJonas said:
I still don't understand what the purpose of Clare getting absorbed by that thing was. What exactly did Clare gain from that and why was it necessary for the plot?
The knowledge that instead of getting awakened she needs to awaken Theresa. She is stopped several times from becoming a monster like the other awakened ones by what she gains from the two.
Oct 16, 2019 7:37 PM
Apr 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
AshitaNoJonas said:
The knowledge that instead of getting awakened she needs to awaken Theresa. She is stopped several times from becoming a monster like the other awakened ones by what she gains from the two.

More importantly, the knowledge of the Soul Link.

Rafaela did foreshadow Clare that she would be powerless on her own and that she needs to look within for the other one, yes...even though Yagi doesn't explain how does Rafaela even know that teresa lies dormant within Clare. While Rafaela might have learned that Clare carries Teresa's flesh from her time spent with Rubel, it's still unclear how she knew that Clare would even be able to bring out Teresa...but ok.

However, Soul Link was crucial because Teresa ended up awakening in order to deal with Priscilla, and without the Soul Link she wouldn't be able to remain herself. Clare basically served as the "stabilizer" there, just like Rafaela was for Luciella...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.