Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2017 4:56 PM
Nov 2016
FlamingMangos said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

Because it's fun to respond to people?

so, you just want attention because you have nothing better to do. Gotcha.

Because there are still people who somehow are misinterpreting my thoughts on this episode, so they keep asking me things, so I'm responding like a decent human being.
Ironically, you're the one who appears as though you want attention, what, with asking such a dumb question.
Jul 2, 2017 4:56 PM

Jan 2009
7 servants vs 7 servants eh, this might be good
Jul 2, 2017 5:02 PM

Jun 2009
This is going to be one of those anime where everyone hates it 12 episodes in lol.

But I'll love it the entire way through.
Jul 2, 2017 5:05 PM

Jan 2014
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO A-1 IS ACTUALLY MAKING THIS AWESOME

THE SUMMER SEASON HAS BEEN SAVED BOYZ, ANIME OF THE SEASON RIGHT HERE, CALLING IT
Jul 2, 2017 5:13 PM
Jan 2015
Pretty good start I'd say, the fight at the beginning was pretty exciting. Though there was the standard info-dumps as per the early episodes of every fate franchise anime, the information being shared is rather interesting. Also the summonings were dope.

People complaining about the exposition,will probably be the same ones complaining about not understanding whats going on later on. The hypocrisy is always strong on Mal afterall.
My Queens

Jul 2, 2017 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
FlamingMangos said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

Capitals and exclamation points help emphasis, because people online have the attention span of a 6 year old.
Anyone has time to quickly write and read for 5 minutes.

Why are you still here? I don't get it. Do you just want attention or what? You got your point across. You don't like the first episode so, you'll drop it. Ok, understandable but why are you still here?

It seems you didn't participate in the SukaSuka episode threads haha
Jul 2, 2017 5:50 PM

Oct 2014
I like Mordred more then Arthur already..

just seems more alive, ya know

that + dereban VA, so...
Jul 2, 2017 5:51 PM

Sep 2012
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
FlamingMangos said:

so, you just want attention because you have nothing better to do. Gotcha.

Because there are still people who somehow are misinterpreting my thoughts on this episode, so they keep asking me things, so I'm responding like a decent human being.
Ironically, you're the one who appears as though you want attention, what, with asking such a dumb question.

Yeah, and asking a question like how this is related to fate in anyway isn't a dumb question. Nice. It's like you never watched a fate title whatsoever because terms like "master" , "servants", and the "holy grail" never crossed your mind until someone finally spelt it out for you. Are you seriously acting like you're the smart one here when you're so goofy lol.
FlamingMangosJul 2, 2017 5:55 PM
Jul 2, 2017 6:13 PM

Mar 2017
FateHero said:
Alternate Timeline stuff always makes my brain start running overtime, so here's just a few thoughts that popped into my head

1. Aoi and Tokiomi Tohsaka wouldn't have died. Rin still has her parents.

2. Wonder what became of Ryuunosuke and his attempts to summon 'demons' since he never would have become a Master.

3. I guess Ilya was never born in this timeline, since I believe Kirei was only brought into the Eizbern family for the purpose of fighting in the Grail War.

4. Also, this means Shirou never gets adopted by Kirei, doesn't learn magic, he's just out there living a normal life somewhere.

5. Would REALLY like to know what became of Sakura and Kariya in this timeline, I don't doubt Tokiomi still gave her to the Matou family, since that wasn't a Grail thing, but with no impending Grail War, how would Kariya's attempts to take her place go over with Zouken?

Jul 2, 2017 6:14 PM

Jun 2017
There are still people who believe Sieg isn't the MC |o|

Jul 2, 2017 6:29 PM

Jun 2015
The action sequence in the beginning was amazing. The music is very good. Some characters were introduced. I'm liking Aka no Saber. The story is basically a seven on seven war. Sounds cool. Looking forward to see more.
Jul 2, 2017 6:30 PM

Jun 2015
RianMK said:
Wut? Can't be the only one who noticed this:

I noticed that as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the resemblance.
Jul 2, 2017 6:35 PM

Aug 2015
It feels weird to see something from type-moon not being animated by Ufotable (besides prisma illya).

Great start, I've never read the LN but ai know some huge spoilers, I hope the 25 episodes makes it worth watching.

Also, Apocrypha is full of waifu-husbando material.

I love Mordred already, way better than saber (and the fact that SawashiGoddess is doing her voice just makes it better)
Jul 2, 2017 6:38 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was pretty cool, but I'm honestly annoyed that Saber is always the "main" servant. Getting tired of that class.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jul 2, 2017 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
Need more of that Jeanne's goodness, oh well, next episode will be Ruler's centric if I remember the novel correctly.

Jul 2, 2017 6:45 PM
Jun 2016
Honestly I'm surprised how many people after watching the episode still wished UFOTable was doing this. While I am worried their animation will fall off over time the choreography in this first episode was very well done by A-1 IMO. It's more captivating than a lot of the special effects UFO likes to use.
Jul 2, 2017 7:14 PM
Jun 2016
Super classic 1st ep and as alway so hype, love the fight between sabers, really sick first ep, I need the other ep ASAP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2017 7:27 PM

Jan 2014
Zelev said:
This episode was pretty cool, but I'm honestly annoyed that Saber is always the "main" servant. Getting tired of that class.

no Zeley, Jeanne d'Arc is the main here. Not saber
Jul 2, 2017 7:27 PM

Mar 2016
The first episode felt really rushed, then again it was explained how there would be a Great Holy Grail war and then another. Explaining the series' episode length.
Just hoping it holds that Fate Zero maturity and doesn't feel like a goofy re-run.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Jul 2, 2017 7:30 PM
Apr 2017
Very good start by new Fate series Fate Apocrypha
Looking forward for next episode
Really loved First episode very much
Jul 2, 2017 7:32 PM

Jan 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
Zelev said:

no Zeley, Jeanne d'Arc is the main here. Not saber

Hence the air quotes around "main." What I meant was that the Saber class undeniably gets the most screen time, which is annoying.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jul 2, 2017 7:36 PM
Jun 2017
I thought it was pretty good (4/5). The first episode had to many characters. I like when a anime focuses on one group to begin with then introduces the antagonist. Plus I like having a Good/Evil type of plot. I don't like it when a villain has "good reasons" for doing what he's doing
Jul 2, 2017 7:59 PM
May 2017
So far so good. Also, that saber at the end looked badass asf.

Jul 2, 2017 8:08 PM

Nov 2011
JohnTron said:
The first episode felt really rushed, then again it was explained how there would be a Great Holy Grail war and then another. Explaining the series' episode length.
Just hoping it holds that Fate Zero maturity and doesn't feel like a goofy re-run.

If you expect it to be another Fate Zero, you are gonna be disappointed.

Jul 2, 2017 8:10 PM
Nov 2016
FlamingMangos said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

Yeah, and asking a question like how this is related to fate in anyway isn't a dumb question. Nice. It's like you never watched a fate title whatsoever because terms like "master" , "servants", and the "holy grail" never crossed your mind until someone finally spelt it out for you. Are you seriously acting like you're the smart one here when you're so goofy lol.

Okay to be fair, my post was a little weird. BUT, it was explicitly clear that I had watched Stay Night and Zero, when I have mentioned them, more specifically, mentioned characters from it. I said, "How is this related to Stay Night and Zero".
My post was CONFUSING due to one part saying, "How is this Fate", and the other part making it clear I watched Say Night and Zero, so I should've known the connection. AKA, a weird-ass contradiction.

"Are you seriously acting like you're the smart one here when you're so goofy lol"
If possessing common sense is considered smart, then yes, I'm smart. If pointing out how normal it is to respond to people, then yes, I'm smart, because it's common sense.
Also, I happen to make lots of people laugh, both in real life, and online (usually through Jojo memes in the latter's case...)

You have filled out an item on my Issue of Communication With The Anime Community Online List:
#2 ​Getting off-topic,​ usually by nitpicking one thing that’s said by the other, or bring up something else entirely, in order to criticize the person, to create more conflict within the discussion.
Jul 2, 2017 8:12 PM
Nov 2016
[quote=xenovibe message=51363230][quote=J1m1s message=51362993]
lol for someone with limited time you sure do have a lot of time to over react ( dem capital letters and exclamation points ) about the first episode of a series you have already dropped.

Anyway, they will reveal the motivations for the characters later but fate apocrypha isn't like stay night or zero, you can expect some Michael Bay action set pieces, a few enjoyable characters here and there and a lot of fate fanservice but not much more.

But it sounds as though those character motivations will not be there much, compared to Zero.
If those Michael Bay action set pieces are anything like the fight in the beginning, I'll hate them, because I couldn't keep track of what the hell was going on.
Obviously, there'll be some enjoyable characters, but it looks as though Apocrypha will be 80% covered in exposition and, "deep" monologues, or whatever.
Fate fan service? Like what?
Jul 2, 2017 8:16 PM

Mar 2016
KaiserNazrin said:
JohnTron said:

If you expect it to be another Fate Zero, you are gonna be disappointed.

I never said that.. lol
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Jul 2, 2017 8:20 PM

Nov 2013
BlackCicero said:
The only thing I find myself asking is if Darnic has control of the Grail, then why the need for the war?

Because the war is necessary to activate the Grail. When a Servant is defeated his "soul" is absorbed by the Grail and used as fuel. That's why during the last episodes of Zero and UBW the Grail was already starting to manifest itself even though there were still more than 1 Servant alive. It already had enough "fuel" from the Servants that were killed.
Jul 2, 2017 8:42 PM
Jan 2017
Solid start. going to stay skeptical, this is A1 pictures we talking about here.
Jul 2, 2017 9:07 PM
Nov 2012
Looks pretty meh so far but they had a lot of exposition they wanted to do. I think starting with a movie would have been the wise choice. Closing op is nice though sounds like the singers from psychopass.
Jul 2, 2017 9:09 PM

Jan 2017
JGChaves said:
BlackCicero said:
The only thing I find myself asking is if Darnic has control of the Grail, then why the need for the war?

Because the war is necessary to activate the Grail. When a Servant is defeated his "soul" is absorbed by the Grail and used as fuel. That's why during the last episodes of Zero and UBW the Grail was already starting to manifest itself even though there were still more than 1 Servant alive. It already had enough "fuel" from the Servants that were killed.
Oh okay, I understand now. Thanks for pointing that out for me!
Jul 2, 2017 9:14 PM
Jun 2010
It was decent. Some well animated moments, decently paced, though exposition heavy, and easy enough to digest what's going on.

I see a lot of people expecting the animation quality of this episode to be kept thorough the whole series, to which I can only ask if you guys are crazy. This is A-1 Pictures, of course it won't. What we see this episode is for sure what the better animated episodes will be like. And something tells me in a 25 episodes series, there won't be that many top-notch episodes in the animation department.

As for the plot, it seems pretty standard Fate beginning. A lot of explanations about the workings of this war and showing a few Masters and Servants. I don't know much about Apocrypha, but I know it isn't well liked by the fanbase to begin with, seems like most people think it starts pretty good but becomes a huge letdown in the second half. So while I want to see and judge by myself, that does help keep expectations down.

Also I didn't like ufotable's UBW anime all that much, it wasn't terrible but it was a big disappointment. Even the production values weren't as high as in the other Nasuverse stuff ufotable did (the lackluster soundtrack in particular, that is likely the most difficult and most unforgivable thing to mess up in a F/SN adaptation), and really dislike Silver Link's Prisma Illya after the first season (which was very well done), so I don't really expect to like this all that much either, at this point I just want some cool servants and background lore, as given what I hear people talk about the novel's issues and the fact this is A-1, I fully expect a trainwreck.
Jul 2, 2017 9:15 PM

Dec 2012
Cool to see more Fate. OP song is pretty good.
Right into the action & cool to see Aka no Saber vs Kuro no Saber.
Sawashiro, Miyuki sounds great as Mordred/Aka no Saber.

Nice to see Waver. Lots of character introductions. Love seeing the servants get summoned.

Greater Holy Grail War about to begin. This is gonna be fun.

Looking forward to more.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 2, 2017 9:27 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 2, 2017 9:23 PM

Mar 2015
first episode was so good I have high expectations for this

yeehaw
Jul 2, 2017 9:24 PM
Mar 2017
Great episode! Mordred was so cool here, can't wait to see more!
Jul 2, 2017 9:28 PM
Mar 2014
I've read the Manga adaptation. Iliked this episode. I was expecting a 12 episode season. So to see 25 is awesome. I actually like this Shiro.
Jul 2, 2017 9:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Feels good to have a standalone Fate series to watch but with subtle easter eggs to the original series (Like Arthur and Shiro/Kirei)

Really looking forward to watching this in its entirety and I can't wait to see how this ride ends now that it's confirmed to be 2 cour

Great first episode and surprisingly the visuals are pretty good too lol (Which was my only worry)
Jul 2, 2017 9:50 PM
Nov 2013
This left a really great first impression. The animation was amazing, and the soundtrack is top tier as well, not to mention that voice cast. This show is literally filled with veterans.

There was a shit ton of characters (some whom I may have a hard time learning names of), but with 24 more episodes to come, I'm not worried. I'm always excited for anything Fate related.
Jul 2, 2017 9:59 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
RianMK said:
Wut? Can't be the only one who noticed this:

I didn't even see this lol
Jul 2, 2017 10:01 PM

Nov 2009
[quote=AnimeFanboy1234 message=51365134][quote=xenovibe message=51363230]
J1m1s said:

lol for someone with limited time you sure do have a lot of time to over react ( dem capital letters and exclamation points ) about the first episode of a series you have already dropped.

Anyway, they will reveal the motivations for the characters later but fate apocrypha isn't like stay night or zero, you can expect some Michael Bay action set pieces, a few enjoyable characters here and there and a lot of fate fanservice but not much more.

But it sounds as though those character motivations will not be there much, compared to Zero.
If those Michael Bay action set pieces are anything like the fight in the beginning, I'll hate them, because I couldn't keep track of what the hell was going on.
Obviously, there'll be some enjoyable characters, but it looks as though Apocrypha will be 80% covered in exposition and, "deep" monologues, or whatever.
Ummm I think you replied to the wrong person, guy.
Jul 2, 2017 10:05 PM
Nov 2016
[quote=xenovibe message=51365836][quote=AnimeFanboy1234 message=51365134]
xenovibe said:
J1m1s said:

Uh, I meant to rely to you, xenovibe. What have I done?
Jul 2, 2017 10:07 PM

Nov 2009
[quote=AnimeFanboy1234 message=51365854][quote=xenovibe message=51365836]
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
xenovibe said:

Uh, I meant to rely to you, xenovibe. What have I done?
That's not my comment though...I'm not "J1m1s"
Jul 2, 2017 10:08 PM
Nov 2016
SabrinaK said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

Okay to be fair, my post was a little weird. BUT, it was explicitly clear that I had watched Stay Night and Zero, when I have mentioned them, more specifically, mentioned characters from it. I said, "How is this related to Stay Night and Zero".
My post was CONFUSING due to one part saying, "How is this Fate", and the other part making it clear I watched Say Night and Zero, so I should've known the connection. AKA, a weird-ass contradiction.

"Are you seriously acting like you're the smart one here when you're so goofy lol"
If possessing common sense is considered smart, then yes, I'm smart. If pointing out how normal it is to respond to people, then yes, I'm smart, because it's common sense.
Also, I happen to make lots of people laugh, both in real life, and online (usually through Jojo memes in the latter's case...)

You have filled out an item on my Issue of Communication With The Anime Community Online List:
#2 ​Getting off-topic,​ usually by nitpicking one thing that’s said by the other, or bring up something else entirely, in order to criticize the person, to create more conflict within the discussion.

The exact words from your comment were: “Why is this Fate when it has no actual connection to Stay Night or Zero?”

^ implying that you think something can only be Fate if it’s connected to the story of Stay Night or Zero.

Btw, I'm pretty sure Flaming was being sarcastic when he said that you must not have watched the other Fate anime.. We know that you’ve seen F/SN and F/Z; the point is that since you have seen them, you should be aware of why something with a HGW and servants/masters is classified as Fate, regardless of its storyline.

If Disney released a spinoff film with a new Jedi character in an alternate timeline, is it not obvious that it would still be under the name of Star Wars since it incorporates a concept unique to that franchise? Seems like plain old “common sense”.

Jesus Christ, you people love to nitpick.
I've apologized for screwing up my original comment, and have re-phrased to say that Apocrypha just feels to alien to me.
What else do you want me to say? I admitted I made a mistake, something nobody on the internet ever does.
Jul 2, 2017 10:37 PM

Feb 2014
Listening to EGOIST after so long is chilly!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 2, 2017 10:39 PM
Apr 2015
Can someone explain to me how Weaver Velvet is in the universe* of that Fate?
There was an type of minor holy grail war that he participated?
If was, why those wars are less important than that war?
Is there an logic of minor and greater grail envolved in that minor wars?

Please answer whitout spoilers
Jul 2, 2017 11:04 PM
Sep 2016
Wow, this was amazing. What a great start.

Damn, EGOIST slays once again.
Jul 2, 2017 11:08 PM

Jun 2009
Honestly not really feeling it so far, though having Jeanne D'arc and Mordred as characters is interesting. This Shirou Kotomine seems interesting as well, though his hair is kind of wack.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 2, 2017 11:17 PM

Jan 2014
that was awesome!
at the beginning we had an epic servant and magician fight. they animated it so good the action, the sound effect, music and no CGI ! awesome !
i know A-1 can do it if they try, hmph!
ah, and we got to see Jeanne D'arc ! yay !
Jul 2, 2017 11:20 PM

Jul 2007
JesusAteu said:

Waver also did say this episode that there are plenty of fake tries at grail wars being waged so he could have participated in one. It does not matter if he did though

Waver's fate seems to be constant no matter whether he gets into a grail war or not.
Considering his personality, whether he gets to a grail war or not does not matter - he would most likely still get himself into enough of trouble for it to become life changing experience leading to him growing up.
AhenshihaelJul 2, 2017 11:34 PM
Jul 2, 2017 11:32 PM
Jun 2010
JesusAteu said:

After the Great Grail was stolen during the third war, and the Holy Grail War ritual in Fuyuki stopped working, knowledge of how the ritual worked leaked and people started making their own Holy Grail Wars. But the grails fueling these wars are much weaker than the original, so the events are much minor in scale and importance (and even in the main universe, the Holy Grail War isn't considered a major event by any stretch of the word. Anyone not directly involved knows of it as some magic tournament in the far East)
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.