Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2017 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting, doesn't seem to be much of a comedy.
Maybe romance though.
Jul 12, 2017 11:33 AM

Jan 2015
Oh and if anyone's interested here is a list for points that each character has.

Ayanokouji, Kiyotaka(MC) 82235
Horikita, Suzune(main heroine) 91887
Kushida, Kikyou(oppai girl) 54705
Sudou, Ken 3115
Ike, Kanji 42
Yamauchi, Haruki 28
Hirata, Yousuke(class leader) 21170
Kouenji, Rokusuke 6284
Karuizawa, Kei 2389
Satou, Maya 6850
Jul 12, 2017 11:35 AM

Aug 2008
I'll be damned, finally a full length show to watch this season. Funny how that kind of MC feels refreshing these days. At the start I couldn't stop thinking they are making way too big deal out of a seat, but then I remembered someone wished me early death because of space behind a seat so I guess some people literally make it a matter of life and death...

But I digress. I'm actually curios where this show is going. I thought there will be nothing to watch this season but luckily now I have something to look forward to.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 12, 2017 11:38 AM
Aug 2015
Good episode, but main character is a bit boring, Meh!
Jul 12, 2017 11:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretth good start 'twas. Although, for most of the episode especially the middle, it was really boring, it did really manage to pull things back with the ending. Speaking of the ending, it was rather obvious that there had be a 'catch' to it and I'm actually surprised to see the students being so dumb-founded. Well, this is what must have been what those senior students were warning the delinquent of Class 1-D. By the way, I think the comedy tag in MAL is a big mistake since this show seems the farthest from what I had claim a 'Comedy, Romance Show' for it gives the vibes of a mysterious and darker plot. I like how the main character is rather cynical though, just a personal opinion and the setting of the story. Maybe the episode could have been better but it was pretty good like I said earlier. However, I see a lot of potential in this story and so I'm looking forward to see the next episode. Hopefully, it will manage to intrigue me further.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 12, 2017 11:47 AM

Jun 2015
This was a good first episode. The people in the bus are scum for not giving their seat to the old lady. The school they go to has an interesting system. They got lots of points, but mostly everyone spent them all and won't get anymore. They got screwed over for being idiots.
Jul 12, 2017 11:50 AM
Dec 2016
This's pretty fast compare to the ln,but still quite good :) (if they gonna adapt 5 volumes?)

-Glad that they don't introduce his annoying friends this ep. They might keep them for the first mid-term arc.

-No swimming scene (a bit awkward if they put fanservice for the first ep) and the G-cup joke at the store.

-Looking forward to
for the most!

-MC=Hachiman (with more energetic) and Kirigiri (the same:O)

-The setting looks like Danganronpa (psychological?) with no killing but studying like Baka to Test and Assasination Classroom mixing together!

-Did Lerche put their budget on eyes again? Like Scum's wish but this doesn't have the shining-in-the-dark part.

..Hope for this to be another dark horse for the season!
Jul 12, 2017 11:58 AM

Jun 2010
I have one word to describe the ending of this Episode:

H O I S T E D.
Jul 12, 2017 11:59 AM

May 2015
Great first episode in my opinion, I enjoyed it a lot. Especially that ending was some really good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if this show ends up as one of my seasonal favorites.

Jul 12, 2017 12:03 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
man does this anime have some hot girls.. and that teacher is fine as fuck

show finna get real XD
Jul 12, 2017 12:10 PM

Aug 2013
good start, I really like the setting of this animu
Jul 12, 2017 12:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I felt like I was watching some Oregairu clone but I can read that this is its own beast. Look forward to seeing what this will be like in the future.

I really disliked little oppai girl. Pushy people like that who want to be friends with everyone are an anathema to me.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 12, 2017 12:15 PM

Apr 2016
How long to the end ? was all i was asking myself.

Another of those anime shows that are trying too hard to be serious and dramatic + the male MC is the "kids will call him cool" type of character. Into the trash it goes.
Jul 12, 2017 12:19 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That bus scene was just fucked up, got right into the gist of things.

This is a story about society, most definitely. I like the MC already, i look forward to how he will act throughout the series (he definitely knows how to handle money or he even thought that the twist could happen).

That points system will make for a very interesting dynamic, what will the students without very low points do now? They need to get off their high horses and do something for themselves now, that would be the logical thing.
Jul 12, 2017 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
Mezter said:
LN Reader here. (I read Vol. 1-4)

I think the first episode was pretty well done, and the animation is decent (as expected from Lerche), and it managed to finish with a cliffhanger.

The only issue I have is the MC's voice actor. Ayanokoji (MC) sounds a bit too bland; I understand the seiyuu is quite new, but I hope he did a bit better than this. This seiyuu (Chiba Shouya) also did Azumi (MC) in Tsuki ga Kirei last season and he was perfectly fine there, not sure why he sounds so..unnatural here, despite knowing the fact the seiyuu tried to reflect Ayanokoji's character.

I hope not too many people drop the show due to the MC's voice actor, coz I know this show is (going to be) pretty entertaining.

I think the larger problem right now is that they skipped quite a lot from vol.1 which helped characterized our MC and supporting cast. Right now everyone is saying it's like an Oregairu clone when it's pretty far from it, from the standpoint of our characters especially the MC.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 12, 2017 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
A great start indeed. That ending was interesting, I had a feeling something was going to happen as seeing how the students were shown to be spending nonstop and not slowing down and trying to be a bit more responsible.
Jul 12, 2017 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
Smudy said:

This is a story about society, most definitely. I like the MC already, i look forward to how he will act throughout the series (he definitely knows how to handle money or he even thought that the twist could happen).

That points system will make for a very interesting dynamic, what will the students without very low points do now? They need to get off their high horses and do something for themselves now, that would be the logical thing.
Smudy said:

I agree with you, that opening narration was interesting as it sets up for where the story will go from what we saw.
Jul 12, 2017 12:29 PM
Nov 2016
Decent start.
The art is nothing special but the fact that 2 loners are working together reminds me of Oregairu, the male and female MCs remind me of Hachiman and Yukino from oregairu.

The setting is sort of like Assassination Classroom but I do have some hope for this anime as I trust Lerche a lot.
Jul 12, 2017 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
I really liked the 1st scene with the guy not giving up his seat

Yea he was acting like a dick, but it's true that he said, anybody in the bus can give up their seat, and everybody stayed quiet, except for that one random lady who seemed to only get up to break the awkwardness in the air

Hachiman like main character is also a big plus

visuals look really fucking good as well

very solid start

Jul 12, 2017 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
i hope someone from the class gets fired at the end of every month, that'll be more interesting.
Jul 12, 2017 12:57 PM

Aug 2015
I do not trust that blonde girl. She seems manipulative.

Jan 2017
This was pretty good. Even though the "catch" at the end was so obvious, it was still good.

I kept telling them not to spend all their money but no one was listening. XD

Hats off to that one lady on the bus! It looks like there will be some lessons in morality in the future.

Apr 2014
Looking good, might be one of the best this season.
Looking forward to more episode.
Liking Suzune Horikita so far, she stands out to me more than that friendly go lucky girl.
Jul 12, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2014
Okocha119 said:
Spending an entire episode building up to a reveal that should have been more than obvious to anyone with a brain seems a bit much. Seriously, I have a really hard time believing that every single one of these supposedly smart kids automatically assumed that they'd be getting a 100.000 every month from now on without any conditions, especially when they were explicitly told that the money they originally got was a reward for passing the entrance exam.

But apart from that it has definitely been an intriguing start. The setting seems promissing and I've already grown a little attached to our two main characters. Liking them both a lot.

Class D is not the smartest bunch according to the Synopsis though:
"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is a student of D-class, which is where the school dumps its "inferior" students in order to ridicule them. For a certain reason, Kiyotaka was careless on his entrance examination, and was put in D-class."

Ofc not all of them, as you can see from the picture with points left
Jul 12, 2017 1:18 PM

Mar 2017
Yet another highlight of the season. Sure, this episode was a bit sloppy in delivery, but
I have high hopes in it redeeming itself. Even if it doesn't improve, the plot and dialogue will make it better than average.
    have a berry

good day lol
Jul 12, 2017 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
It was good, the MC has the most monotone voice though which irks me, but the show has a great premise (sp? it looks weird) the whole money/points thing is great, so you have to work hard to get money, based on what they said about assessments it seems to lead us into the idea that you can also gain points, more than what you were originally going to get.

That being said, there was a quote in the episode saying "There is nothing, within reason, that you cannot buy on campus using points" and the 3 upperclassmen outside that shop acted haughty. So i'm assuming you can trade points. There must be some kind of system which allows the people with points to buy an "errand boy" and pay them so that they can live.

Even if not, i'm looking forward to the next ep. Although the only thing i'm confused about is that the MC didn't get points even though he did nothing wrong. Is it collective then?
I live to make the impossible, possible. - Lightning, FF13

Kindness without strength will make others devour you. Strength without kindness will make you devour yourself. - nightcore34.

If I could choose between knowing absolutely everything in the universe or having one normal apple to eat. I'd choose the apple. For knowing everything, means experiencing nothing. - nightcore34

The worst people are not those who do evil knowing its wrong. It's those who do wrong thinking, believing, they have the right to do so. - nightcore34

None can stand the ticking of the clock. All will fall with the Reapers knock. - nightcore34
Jul 12, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2013
Hirugiku said:
Oh and if anyone's interested here is a list for points that each character has.

Sudou, Ken 3115
Ike, Kanji 42
Yamauchi, Haruki 28
Kouenji, Rokusuke 6284
Karuizawa, Kei 2389
Satou, Maya 6850

Someone has 28 points? They spent nearly 100k in 1 month? Sucks to be that dude.
I live to make the impossible, possible. - Lightning, FF13

Kindness without strength will make others devour you. Strength without kindness will make you devour yourself. - nightcore34.

If I could choose between knowing absolutely everything in the universe or having one normal apple to eat. I'd choose the apple. For knowing everything, means experiencing nothing. - nightcore34

The worst people are not those who do evil knowing its wrong. It's those who do wrong thinking, believing, they have the right to do so. - nightcore34

None can stand the ticking of the clock. All will fall with the Reapers knock. - nightcore34
Jul 12, 2017 1:26 PM

Aug 2013
Oregairu successor.

This was the show I was looking forward to this season and it had a great start.

Everyone on the bus scene were trash. Apart from Kikyou and the lady that gave up her seat.

Seems like Kikyou was testing Kiyotaka. Clearly he isn't interested.

That twist at the end. It was obvious something like that would happen but still, the students got wrecked.

Jul 12, 2017 1:30 PM

Jul 2015
That was a nice first episode, the setting is very interesting and I think that it did a good job with the character introductions and their interactions, the art style is great IMO, I really like the character designs and the backgrounds.

No idea how it will go from here, but I'm pretty hyped, one thing I have pretty sure is that the cute girl is way too cute to not be evil lmao.
Jul 12, 2017 1:31 PM

Jan 2015
nightcore34 said:
Hirugiku said:

Sudou, Ken 3115
Ike, Kanji 42
Yamauchi, Haruki 28
Kouenji, Rokusuke 6284
Karuizawa, Kei 2389
Satou, Maya 6850

Someone has 28 points? They spent nearly 100k in 1 month? Sucks to be that dude.

Its MC's friend in the manga(him and the guy who has 42 points), well not really more like a friend he wanted to make so he is not lonely for all 3 years. Those 2 are quite some morons, literally buying all high-class stuff. They even bought PS-vita for each other and that costed quite a lot.
Jul 12, 2017 1:43 PM

Dec 2015
A pleasant surprise. I expected some generic school anime with the setting only a bit different to bait people (and not being too relevant later).

Mainchar and black-haired girl are very nice chars. I like them. Don't like the blonde girl though. Chardesign is nice. Music and visuals are nice. School system is interesting. Reminded me a bit of Baka to Test but without stupid tests (games) - less childish. Would be nice if they introduced gambling as well - could be better than Kagegurui in that department then. (And the points would offer a possibility especially with people being low an points needing to get more in a fast way.)

Reminded me a bit of that arc in Kaiji where they got money and could spent it or gamble for more.

The stuff shown on the beginning (everyone needs to think about themselves) contradicts the things shown later in school. Seems the school/government wants their future elite to be able to work together. (Which makes sense for people that govern and need to think about how their decisions affect others.) ... Well at least it seemed like that with the MC also getting 0 points while he did not seem to cause as much trouble as the other in his class.

Potential to get interesting here and I'm definitely going to watch the next episode(s). Didn't plan on watching it first. Just watched the episode 1 cause I had too much time. Main char reminded me a bit of Yang Wenli with his "speech" (introduction) - almost as good as him. :D

I liked his personality of not trying to get involved. Reminds me a bit of myself. Causes less trouble.

Someone who read the manga told the anime feels different (and he prefers the anime). Does anyone know the novel? Maybe manga and novel are different and the anime is following the novel more closely.

So far I like the anime but I don't know manga/novel. I'd prefer if it continued in a similar style as episode 1.

Did not remind me as much of OreGairu. Yeah the main ... but I think here it really seems like he tries not to get involved cause it is more convenient. (Not because of some trauma or negative experiences in the past.)
Jul 12, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
This is perfect. Pretty realistic in a lot of ways. Those students who didn't think ahead and wasted money like that along with not taking class seriously deserve having that 0 yen to use. I'm an actual loner irl as well and seeing ppl who are like "I want to be friends with everyone" is a load of crap. After like elementary school or whatever, that concept totally dissolves.
Jul 12, 2017 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Man, if I was the MC I would be pissed at the end of the episode.

He didn't get any money just because most of the people in his class couldn't put two and two together.
Jul 12, 2017 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
I like the color detail in the eyes for the female characters. Visually appealing to look at them.

Plotwise, I think it's interesting but still feels like somethings missing. Was honestly expecting this to go the Danganronpa route at one point lol.
Jul 12, 2017 2:21 PM

Jun 2011
It was pretty obvious that the anime will focus on the le edgy and philosophical selling points when they adapted it seeing as how everyone went gaga over Oregairu.

As for me though, I would've preferred if they kept the light hearted fanservice. Makes for a better bait and switch.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 12, 2017 2:25 PM

Jun 2016
This might be the best anime this season.
I already like the main character/
Jul 12, 2017 2:27 PM

Feb 2009
Yep feels like watching Baka Test. If it goes the way that went I'll stick around, decent epd.
Jul 12, 2017 2:29 PM

Dec 2016
I like the concept so far but the mc seems like Hachiman 2.0 with his dull personality.
Jul 12, 2017 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
Well, another scholar anime in this season that doesn't dissapointed me already.
Jul 12, 2017 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
Another amazing anime for an amazing season! I kind of figured out how the points system was going to work since the moment it was introduced.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2017 2:43 PM
Jun 2015
I really enjoyed it. It will probably be my favorite this season.
Jul 12, 2017 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
The premise reminds me of Baka to Test. And the backstory reminds me of the girl that got sick on exam day.

Oh and also + Oregairu character Hachiman! :D

Jul 12, 2017 2:53 PM
Jun 2016
I had already guessed what was coming, but did the MC get any points, as he actually seemed to be focusing more on being a good student and doing the right thing, or is it basicly the entire class loses points?
Jul 12, 2017 3:00 PM

Sep 2016
Possibly, my most favorite of this season, aswell as one of the best anime I've seen in years.

I waited so long for a concept for this, I like the character design, voice actors, the script, it's original with the 100k per month and it all depends on your stake etc.

I like how the mc is not a dull idiot, more like a clever and chill one, like that he will build up friendship with a person that has been 'alone' for a long time.

I don't care about what others thinks, this shit is so good for the first episode, I literally love these types of anime, also good soundtracks.

Jul 12, 2017 3:00 PM

Jun 2017
wolfwing said:
I had already guessed what was coming, but did the MC get any points, as he actually seemed to be focusing more on being a good student and doing the right thing, or is it basicly the entire class loses points?

I think nobody got any points, so even if there are decent people who used their points smartly they get collectively punished anyway.
Jul 12, 2017 3:02 PM

Jun 2017
I am glad this got an anime. My Japanese is nowhere near the level where I can read the novels yet and the manga stopped being translated for quite some time now.

Art, music and voice actors all seem fitting.

I got very strong Oregairu vibes from the whole show, except that it's on drugs with a twist so I am really looking forward to how it goes.
Jul 12, 2017 3:04 PM

Dec 2016
Literally every single person in the anime (except for the grandma) has gradient hair and I couldn't be happier
Jul 12, 2017 3:09 PM
Mar 2016
Pretty much a like Baka to Test except this is a more serious one cu'z them student were just too baka to know that they're already been tested.
Jul 12, 2017 3:16 PM

Mar 2015
nightcore34 said:
Hirugiku said:

Sudou, Ken 3115
Ike, Kanji 42
Yamauchi, Haruki 28
Kouenji, Rokusuke 6284
Karuizawa, Kei 2389
Satou, Maya 6850

Remember that 100k yen is about equivalent to $1000. The dude at 42 points bought a Vita and several games so it's no wonder he burned through it in a month. :P Not sure what Yamauchi, Haruki bought.

Interesting premise, and I like the MC. ;) I'll reserve judgment on the female leads for now.
KelgairJul 12, 2017 4:59 PM
Jul 12, 2017 3:18 PM

Jun 2016
Comedy and romance...? I'm confused by the tags, but this was one of the better first episodes this season. I was expecting a normal harem anime, but was pleasantly surprised.

I like the MC and I like that he's so monotone with his voice. He seems different from what we normally see, so I'm happy.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Apr 14

2 by Theo1899 »»
Apr 14, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

524 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.