3It was OK
15.5%
2Disliked it
13.2%
1Hated it
27.4%
Average 3.0
470 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2017 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm the final episode..

To me, rather than a big battle for total control, I think the show surprisingly handled this better than I had expected with the psychology. Shindou getting stabbed though......I'm honestly not surprised.

This whole relationship that began pretty much went downhill after a lot of events. Pretty eventful finale tbh. This did feel kinda like a climax.
Jun 30, 2017 7:29 AM
Aug 2016
I really enjoyed this last episode, even though it was somewhat rushed in plot, it made sense and left me in awe in the end.
Jun 30, 2017 7:37 AM

Sep 2016
nothing to say

5/10 average anime
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 30, 2017 7:38 AM

Feb 2014
it wasnt average from the start, but ending could get better. Good they finished the plot
Jun 30, 2017 7:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Was waiting for this DBZ level final battle that the haters were SO CERTAIN was going to go down but sadly that didn't happen huh?

Either way, I was pleasantly surprised by how they handled this series in the end, because not only did they throw most of the haters for a loop thinking that it was going to be some type of Naruto vs Sasuke match between Shindo and Yaha, but instead they did the exact opposite

The only predictable thing like @Stark700 said was Shindo dying (That was always a possibility given how close he and Yagha was, but I'm not even mad because that exchange of words between them was beautiful and the way it ended was really satisfying despite his death)

I liked that the show didn't have to dumb itself down either in regards to the fate of Fregonics and instead allowed both parties to maintain some level of intellect in regards to their strategies (Yaha linking Fregonics to KADO, so therefore, whatever happens to him happens tothe Wam that he gave the humans and likewise with Shindo and co using the Namo-can't bother typing this name out to enact their plan that I'm certain most including myself did not see coming)

YUKIKA.....My goodness she saved this finale from being predictable and a full on battle shounen finale.....And I love how she's essentially a culmination of Shindo and Yaha mixed with a bit of her mom.....The exact culmination of all 3 ideologies coming into one and having her be raised by the other dude is just sweet :''')

Like I said in the previous thread, I was never against humanity using the Wam etc but rather I felt like being forced to assimilate to anything IS fundamentally wrong on tons of fronts and levels and instead we should just naturally progress forward instead of rushing things that we are not ready for nor fully comprehend (Which is what Yaha was trying to do which in turn would destroy humanity) and that is why I'm glad that even though humanity lost it's Wam, they still have the knowledge to go off on so that naturally we will progress to achieving those higher dimensions and thankfully Yukika helped Yaha to understand this in the end because as I said before, she is the walking and talking culmination of all three ideologies

And lastly, I'm glad that Saraka chose to get rid of her powers since her keeping them would have made her a complete hypocrite as well as it being a huge contradiction to the purpose of this finale and the ending.....And I'm even more thankful that she didn't involve herself physically in this finale/confrontation lol

Easiest 9/10 I've ever given out this season
TokoyaJun 30, 2017 7:53 AM
Jun 30, 2017 8:00 AM

Jun 2009
I'm disappointed. Five episodes made me hyped, so I gave 10 and I thought it's gonna be AOTS for me. But the last three made me disappointed. I gave it 8/10
Jun 30, 2017 8:03 AM

Nov 2010
Plot twist again. New character solved the problem. This may be controversial.
By the way, is there any reason Shindo to die if his daughter can defeat Zash? Or her daughter was just a backup plan?
Overall, the show has a lot of flaws but it also introduced new taste to this genre at the same time. At least the show succeeded in keeping us to watch it to the last episode.
Jun 30, 2017 8:03 AM

Feb 2016
Tokoya said:
Was waiting for this DBZ level final battle that the haters were SO CERTAIN was going to go down but sadly that didn't happen huh?

This ^^^^^ oh boy, those haters must be burning their salt into the highest temperature by now

boy this ending was unexpected from beginning to end, I even got mindfucked several times, but the show DID stick loyal to what it was doing: Mindfucking us while having interesting talking confrontations, that Development of zaShunina tho. and the introductión of Yukika was completely unexpected, the Anisotropic can be scary if you know how to use it huh?

what happened to the loli scientific?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 30, 2017 8:12 AM

May 2008
Does anyone know the significance of the last scene where she just walks out of view to the right?
EndlesslyJun 30, 2017 8:15 AM
Jun 30, 2017 8:13 AM
Jun 2016
Endlessly said:
Does anyone know the significance if the last scene where she just walks out of view to the right?

I'm interested too, i didn't get it.
Jun 30, 2017 8:18 AM
Apr 2017
R.I.P Seikaisuru Kado
Jun 30, 2017 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
nooo i'm not satisfied with that ending :( my zaShunina and Shindo :'(
Jun 30, 2017 8:25 AM

May 2008
The whole "that which goes beyond information" is surely connected to her just disappearing like that. It was mentioned after Yukika defeated Yaha and in that last scene with Saraka disappearing. It seemed like even if he isn't physically there anymore, he is still there like spiritually or something? I doubt this, but I even considered Saraka committing suicide to be with Shindo again if that were the case.
Jun 30, 2017 8:27 AM

May 2010
Ending was good but I still feel unsatisfied...why did Shindo have to die.
Jun 30, 2017 8:27 AM
May 2015
Nice that they pulled a character from out of nowhere to save the world. This could have been a lot less villain x hero in the end, but I guess that was too much to ask.

There could have been tonnes of ways for Saraka to save Shindo if she wanted, the same with zaShunina trying to take him away. All the lead up to the last three episodes seemed kind of unnecessary if there was no real motive for zaShunina to show everything to the world. In the end I was always waiting to have an opinion about the series, and that shouldn't have been a good thing. It wasn't after all.

Jun 30, 2017 8:28 AM

Sep 2015
Lets not confuse and complicate ourself too much, we just have to know that Shindo and the proferssor girl are not human anymore.
valvravetruthJun 30, 2017 8:40 AM
Jun 30, 2017 8:32 AM

Aug 2013
It's confirmed, Yaha-kui zaShunina is a yandere.

I'm totally satisfied with anime. It really is a unique one with all those questions about the right answer, the psychology and the differences in ideology.

The best thing in this episode was Shindou Yukika. It never crossed my mind that Shindou and Tsukai would have a child. Hanamori aged a lot raising Yukika. That scientist, Shinawa, was still working even after everything that was happening. Is she even a human. ((+_+))

8/10

Jun 30, 2017 8:34 AM

Jun 2015
Didn't think Shindo's daughter was going to stop zaShunina. He got too obsessive with him. After that happened, Kado disappeared and the Wam, Sansa and Nanomis-hein stopped working. This was a decent show.
Jun 30, 2017 8:36 AM

Jul 2015
In the end, it wasn't a shounen battle between Shindo and zaShunina.

Still, I didn't like the way this series turned after ep 10.

zaShunina turned from a cold and logical being to a complete emotional being too fast

It complete replaces humanity questioning about evolution for a struggle between Saraka and zaShunina about how to manage humanity. The humanity itself had no way to speak for itself if they wanted to go to the anisotropic or not.

It had great potential to be a good sci-fi. It feels the story is broken somehow (probably it was a 24ep story)

6/10
Jun 30, 2017 8:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so the final is finally here

Man the music for this episode though really is good. So the gear itself is a one use item eh. Shindou's tactic of trying to surprise ZaShuNina though was an apt one. So now even as they talk Kado is wrecking Japan eh. Kado sure is spreading fast though thats for sure. So ZaShuNina wants to see exactly what makes humanity unique eh. Thats easy its our unique personality thats different for each person. You have to respect Gonnou's determination though. Even after finding that all he reported so far was wrong he's still determined to report the truth. For how advanced he is ZashuNina actually behaves very much like a human. All he see's in humanity is how useful they will be to him as sources of information. The other world though surely fascinating is only second to the fate of humanity as a race though. Its nice that thanks to Saraka that Shindou realized this though. Shindou's conviction really is strong here though. And now ZaShuNina's true self is revealed and man what a villain he is. Hmm to think that ZaShuNina after realizing that Shindou isn't going to agree with him elected to use a very human method to settle things though. Shindou's retort though was good. Hmm that was a twist so ZaShuNina's plans were that far ahead from the introduction of the wam
eh.

Saraka will definitely be angry that her friend and lover has been killed though. Hmm man that twist in this episode though was amazing and unexpected as always. So Saraka's plan made use of his newest invention and time eh. Hmm so the plan was to use Saraka and Shindou's daughter in teenage form to deal with ZaShuNina eh. Now this is what i call a surprise lol. ZaShuNina's reaction on seeing what the plan was though was hillarious. Hmm the daughter has both the bravery of Shindou and the intelligence that both her parents have lol. Shindou and Saraka's daughter though is pretty powerful though thats for sure. Watching she just effortlessly defeat ZaShuNina was just hillarious. Ironic that his own tech was used to defeat him though. But man that was one hell of a plan they used though. Hmm so that was why the last episode was named Yukikia eh. The name of their daughter that would defeat ZaShuNina eh. Though the gifts was lost at least Humanity still remains though less developed yes but happy at least. Still Humanity can still learn a lot from this episode though. Advancement at its own pace is far more important.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2017 8:44 AM
Mar 2014
Anria said:
Endlessly said:
Does anyone know the significance if the last scene where she just walks out of view to the right?

If I were to gamble, it has to do with (European style) theater, which has the tradition to exit to the left side of the stage in an quiet and non-dramatic manner. While the series (or maybe better said, Shindo), went out with a bang so to speak.

Re series: threw me multiple times in a loop what would happen. The psychological games were of a high degree. Only thing is that the last half the plot started to diminish compared to the great build-up. 8/10

Edit: If you want look in another road for an potential explanation to the right, look at how in platformers the games end - you move to the right end of the screen during playing. Could also be this, although considering the topic, I assume the first explanation is more likely.
BenMSJun 30, 2017 8:59 AM
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Jun 30, 2017 8:46 AM

Sep 2013
Shindo died :'( and zaShunina suffered :'(
zaShunina is still alive I think, he turned into particles and floated away and I think shindo is a spirit at the end maybe he's with yukika, the origami moved in the container which had no wind.
Yukika a cute god :) 9/10
ichii_1Jun 30, 2017 8:54 AM
Jun 30, 2017 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
Trainwreck/10. This makes Mayoiga look like a masterpiece.
Jun 30, 2017 9:01 AM
Jun 2017
BenMS said:
Anria said:

If I were to gamble, it has to do with (European style) theater, which has the tradition to exit to the left side of the stage in an quiet and non-dramatic manner. While the series (or maybe better said, Shindo), went out with a bang so to speak.

Re series: threw me multiple times in a loop what would happen. The psychological games were of a high degree. Only thing is that the last half the plot started to diminish compared to the great build-up. 8/10

If you play close attention to both the Wam and paper cranes in their glass enclosures, at the moment the sound occurs, the Wam moves ever so slightly, and then the left crane tips over - something that shouldn't be able to happen in a sealed enclosure, implying that it was caused by the Wam and that the Wam is still able to generate energy.
Jun 30, 2017 9:04 AM

May 2016
Damn, that romance escalated quickly.

This show is missing the 'Romance' tag
Jun 30, 2017 9:11 AM
May 2015
Despite everything, this anime for me is the thing that won this season. I'm well impressed of how they ended the season.

That's really it, 9/10 for me.
Jun 30, 2017 9:17 AM
Jan 2015
This anime was certainly unique and for that I really enjoyed it. It was personally my AOTS with the only thing that I think could've been improved on was the pacing 9/10.
Jun 30, 2017 9:30 AM

Dec 2015
Shindo did not only surprise zaShunina. Was a bit too much with that daughter and the time stuff ... I got surprised as well. Other guy looked pretty old. Was funny to see him like that.

Going with 8/10. The plot twist with Tsukai few episodes ago locked the top scores (9+) for me. And with that end it was even close between 7 and 8 but most of the anime was good (until the twist) and the music was nice.

As comparison: Natsume Yuujinchou got 9 from me. Shingeki no Bahamuta s well (still airing). Other 8s were Shingeki no Kyojin (+1 compared to its previous season) and Kabukibu and Re-Creators (still airing and that might go down to 7 ... depending on what they are going to to in the 2nd half).
Jun 30, 2017 9:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Can't remember when an anime bombed so hard in the end.

6/10
Jun 30, 2017 9:31 AM
Jun 2017
Why Shindo had to die if his daughter were so OP??

I don't get it.

And WTF is this "Alien Logic" If I can't have you should I kill you.

And he wanted information, Shindo's daugther is THE information why try to kill her?

I liked the series but this ending make no sense.
Jun 30, 2017 9:42 AM

Feb 2016
So not only did they have a daughter for the sole purpose of being a weapon but trapped her in a prison with just one other person for 16 years. Gon's dad, Goku, yeah they got nothing on these two.
Jun 30, 2017 9:45 AM

Jan 2017
Shindo died :'(

The way things ended didn't exactly leave me satisfied personally but considering the route the anime decided to take in it's storytelling, this ending was still a very good one. The show for me is at least a 9/10.
Jun 30, 2017 9:46 AM

Oct 2012
Really liked the concept. Too bad it ended like this.
Jun 30, 2017 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
I wish I could forget about these last 4 episodes, what a way to ruin a show that had me hooked hard with the interesting Sci-Fi idea.

I'm not even sure how to rate this, fucking what man.
Jun 30, 2017 9:57 AM
Nov 2016
Tbh, it wasn't quite the ending I was expecting, but it was good in it's own right. Like, I wasn't completely satisfied, it felt a bit rushed in a way, and also left us with a bit more questions.

I'm 100% but I kind of feel like Shindo isn't actually dead. Remember, the way people felt split apart when encountering the Sansa? There seems to be different parts of you connected to different dimensions. So, maybe if one version of you dies, the others are still alive. Probably wrong on that because the other side of that coin is that if they are all connected if one dies, they all die.

But, I more stand by my first statement on that. Yukika kind of points that out when she looks at Shindo's dead body, but still seems to be talking to him. Since she's connected to the anisotrophic and a "higher-dimensional being" she could have been talking to a different dimension Shindo, which would still have all the information/memories of the dead Shindo. After all, the kept quoting "that which goes beyond information."
Jun 30, 2017 9:59 AM

Nov 2015
This would have worked better as a 2 cour/24 episode show. I didn't like the direction it went towards the end.
Jun 30, 2017 10:04 AM

Jun 2016
This felt so fucking rushed, the relationship and the fricking kid was totally unnecessary, she even left after that lmao.
I'm sorry, I know a lot of you loved Saraka but, tbh, I think she is the most fucking annoying girl I’ve ever seen. She literally manipulated Shindo. She introduced him to his family, told him about her past, her thoughts and shit and he ended up feeling like he owed her something for all that. She kept telling him what SHE thought was the “right answer”, and made him believe it was correct. Up until that point, Shindo and zaShunina were working together in a friendly atmosphere, but then she butted in and completely fucked it up. Shindo had his own beliefs and agreed with zaShunina that humanity needed those changes, but this chick made a tantrum and she got what she wanted at the end. The whole thing was really fucking selfish.

Also, I know it was queerbaiting and, honestly, I didn’t cared at all and was enjoying it pretty much, but the way they managed it at the end made me sick. Even tho there wasn’t a real relationship between Shindo and zaShunina other than friendship, it was so fucking cruel to show him the baby that way. He was clearly hurt, maybe even more than surprised.

They fucked everything up on the last few episodes. zaShunina definitely deserved better than that, he was only trying to help. Fuck Shindo and Saraka.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jun 30, 2017 10:05 AM
Nov 2016
fahsad said:
BenMS said:

If you play close attention to both the Wam and paper cranes in their glass enclosures, at the moment the sound occurs, the Wam moves ever so slightly, and then the left crane tips over - something that shouldn't be able to happen in a sealed enclosure, implying that it was caused by the Wam and that the Wam is still able to generate energy.

I saw the crane tip over, not so much the wam. Also, heard that weird breathy whisper. I almost feel like Saraka went off into her own anisotrophic space as she walked off, could be why we hear that whisper. Maybe she doesn't have all of her powers left, but she could still have retained a portion, she is after all still an anisotrophic being. Said she doesn't have "that" power, but that doesn't necessarily mean she lost all her powers.
Jun 30, 2017 10:08 AM
Jun 2017
I'm in love with Zashunina. I want to marry him... <3
Jun 30, 2017 10:14 AM
Oct 2015
I'm confused with the ending. So, Shindo had a daughter before the battle, who was raised 16 years in an instant manipulating time with Sansha. Shindo, instead of waiting for her appearance jumps to the fight and dies (and I don't understand why, the surprise it's his daughter not the Fregonics device so ???) His daughter ¿kills? ZaShunina (and I was thinking Shindo only wanted to surprise him), not caring much for her dead father in front of her because, well, the one who raised her was Shindo's friend. Later, she goes to who knows where and no one seems worried. Like, I know she's super strong but she's only 16. And Saraka is supposed to be her mother.
And why she lost her powers? She didn't fight and she's supposed to be an anisotropic being yet.
Someone who can explain to me?
YlenieJun 30, 2017 10:17 AM
Jun 30, 2017 10:15 AM

Jan 2015
This show started off well, but then it jumped the shark towards the end and became incredibly lame. Shame. Solid 4/10.
Jun 30, 2017 10:25 AM

Feb 2015
The ending was slightly interesting but it's safe to say that I wasn't satisfied.
Jun 30, 2017 10:38 AM

Oct 2012
The series overall started off great and interesting...but the ending tho...
i know that the sudden romance was needed to lead into shindo's daughter but it felt so sudden and the overall ending left me with an unsatisfied taste :/

(i just wanted shindo and zashinuna to be happy together, even just as friends)

ALSO best friend award goes to hanamori, who used 16 years of his life to raise his friend's daughter!
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jun 30, 2017 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
the anime did really go downhill from episode 9 , but that ending was good , they didnt make it dull but rather it was good considering the bullshit that happened with saraka .

this anime was an easy 10 for me , but now its 8 , good anime overall .
Jun 30, 2017 10:41 AM
Jul 2015
MetaThPr4h said:
I wish I could forget about these last 4 episodes, what a way to ruin a show that had me hooked hard with the interesting Sci-Fi idea.

I am with you on this. The ending especially kind of made me think "WHAT" This was way too rushed for 1 episode. If anything they should've made this a 13 episode cour AT LEAST. Meh because of the mindfucks and interesting concepts 7/10.
Jun 30, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2016
haineko123 said:

ALSO best friend award goes to hanamori, who used 16 years of his life to raise his friend's daughter!
he is the ultimate cuckold
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 30, 2017 10:45 AM

Dec 2015
Hmm... Im speechless with the ending
Shindo death is expected but my god they got a daughter
So he fcked her in that cramped place and poor hanamori taking care of her
Oh well at least it has ended
Jun 30, 2017 10:54 AM

May 2013
dash5611 said:
So not only did they have a daughter for the sole purpose of being a weapon but trapped her in a prison with just one other person for 16 years. Gon's dad, Goku, yeah they got nothing on these two.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. That's so out of character. They didn't seem like the sociopathic kind till then and bam suddenly they're creating baby weapons and shit, completely disregarding the babies life. And zashunina turned from unemotional to emotional way too fast. Man what a waste of potential.
Jun 30, 2017 10:57 AM
Oct 2016
Melindypants said:
MetaThPr4h said:

I am with you on this. The ending especially kind of made me think "WHAT" This was way too rushed for 1 episode. If anything they should've made this a 13 episode cour AT LEAST. Meh because of the mindfucks and interesting concepts 7/10.

i feel like this weird turn was on purpose , i mean , after 8 episodes of cleverness and witty dialogue and all this thing with humans and whether they will choose this crazy advancement or not , the author is done by this point , he delivered his message , whats next ? its to close this story , unfortunately he chose the easiest , most appealing way to the majority of the audience , and this is by turning it into a straightforward story with this weird twist with saraka and all these things that followed .

at the end of the day , this anime indeed was an experience , this is the first work by author-san , despite his many flaws , he managed to make us think and that was a success , so we shouldn't be so harsh on him i guess ? anyway ; i'll sure be looking forward to his future works .
Jun 30, 2017 11:06 AM
Jun 2016
I liked the episode and the series, wish we could have had a bit more, but I still enjoyed give it a 9/10 but realize it won't be for everyone.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2017

91 by JaniSIr »»
Apr 21, 2022 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.