Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion

Mar 28, 3:37 PM

Chinatsu should have been the clear winner. Or HAREM.

Apr 10, 5:03 PM
OH NO SIS. I JUST GOT TO THE PART WHERE CHINATSU AND KOTAROU BOTH MADE IT IN THE SAME SCHOOL. I DONT LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING NO M’AM.

Apr 10, 5:33 PM
SO. LETS TALK ABOUT EP 12. THE ENDING WAS SO GOOD OMG I CRIED SO MUCH. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CONTACT CHANGED FROM “GIRLFRIEND” TO “WIFE” AND THEN THE END WHERE THEY SHOWED A PIC OF THEIR FAMILY AND BABY. I TEARED UP SO MUCH IM SO PROUD OF MY BABIES

Apr 10, 5:40 PM
leosapathy said:
Onsa_Rin said:

The ending is anything but rushed. The end-credit sequences had been built up since episode 1, just not in chronological order, and was designed to throw the viewer off. The last episode's end credits was a "reveal" of what they had deviously planned throughout the season; and most people who loved the series thought it was brilliant.

I disagree, the ending was completely rushed and unrealistic to be perfectly honest. Oh wow, they somehow make it work even after getting older, get married and have a baby?! Plus the odds of a middle school couple staying together is far fetched especially after having to maintain a long distance relationship due to moving. It should have stuck to being realistic as it had been for the most part, but instead it headed towards the "good" generic ending many romances finish with.

and i’ll have to disagree with you. true, most middle school relationships don’t last that long but it’s not nearly impossible. they did get into fights themselves, their relationship wasn’t perfect. it took time. just bc they didn’t show us every detail of what happened during their long distance relationship, that doesn’t mean it’s unrealistic. unlikely, but not unrealistic.

Apr 11, 3:08 AM

The credits really had me crying. I'm very glad it wasn't an open ending and they actually got to marry each other. I've never experienced love myself and I probably can't relate to it yet but this hit me right in the heart. This series helped me realize that I should appreciate my friends and those that are precious to me even more. Absolutely amazing anime.
Modified by Festivity, Apr 11, 3:45 AM

May 6, 5:07 PM

Best romance anime ending ever for me. I'm glad Kotarou and Akane became happy!
Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail ― Charles F. Kettering

May 7, 12:18 AM

Oh man, what a splash of cold water those first minutes were... Kota not being able to pass the entrance exam and Akane breaking down in tears due to the worries of having a long distance relationship had me really anxious but I'm so glad things could work out in the end.

Regarding Chinatsu, I guess it's fine she managed to confess her feelings to Kota so that she can get over it but some part of me still thinks she probably tried to make a move on him while they were in high school... I don't know, after what she did at the amusement park, I don't really trust her and if I were Akane, I would be very cautious about her interactions with Kota.

But well, leaving that aside, I also must say that I absolutely loved their LINE conversations and all the illustrations at the end. It was so heartwarming and satisfying to know they ended up getting married and having a child and as someone said here, I can say their relationship really touched my heart as well.

Overall, it was an incredibly beautiful show. Easily one of the sweetest ones I've ever watched and probably my favorite romance anime till date. 9/10

May 14, 9:44 PM

This series was beautiful. Just my kind of anime. Reality, beautiful people, good people with good intentions and pure hearts, striving to be their best, to live up to eachother.
This last episode was an emotional roller coaster. Very beautiful. Frankly, I like that we know how their future begins. It's a good closure to this series. I rate this a solid "10".
We can't all live in Japan, but this series let's us live in their shoes if but vicariously.

Jun 15, 9:34 AM

Kinda late to the party, but I think this was the most realistic romance anime that I ever saw.

But I really think that they should've maintained the realism and skipped the ending credits scene. I know it was good payoff, but it just doesen't seem to fit the overall tone of the show and the thematics of first love, which is something ephemeral, but beautiful anyway.
Although I understand that, to me, a 27 year old with a lot of experience in life, this would be more appealing, but maybe it would be too much for the actual target audience of this show.

Other than that, just brilliant. The awkwardness, hiding stuff from parents and friends, the mellowing, the obstacles faced, the melancholy at the end, the feeling of it have been worht it no matter what... It is so real. Even the love triangle stuff felt real, as none of the other competitors ever had any chance, just as it is in real life.

Masterpiece.

Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]