Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2017 4:59 PM

May 2017
Rei366 said:
smoledman said:
The real action starts in high school.

It wants to be anchored in reality (I think). Highschool time must be a terrible thing for students who want to go further in education (because of the sacred entrance examens), probably not the period of their life where they think about focusing their schedule around flirting and dating.

Yeah "Just Because!" fell victim to the entrance exams. OTOH, so many other high school anime seem to have plenty of time for romance, dates, festivals, not much studying going on!
Jan 4, 2018 9:41 PM

Dec 2013
A touching ending to a somewhat forgettable show.

I really like how they showed that everything that happened afterwards.
Jan 6, 2018 2:17 AM
Sep 2015
Beautiful ending to an amazing show, I cried a lot more than I expected at the end.

10/10
Jan 6, 2018 4:05 AM

Aug 2017
This is a great show!!

When my friends recommended it I kept on ignoring for almost 4 months,now I'm more than happy that I watched it.

The last few minutes were great, especially when he shouted 'I Love You' and the ending song story(chat) they showed,it really hit the spot. The background score was nice too.

I think I'll give it a 8 or 9/10(most probably 9).

Anyway, Great show, I would definitely recommend it
Xander_CageJan 6, 2018 4:10 AM
Jan 6, 2018 4:13 AM

Aug 2017
JosephS996 said:
I looked up when season 2 is coming out and it said summer 2018 and the whole schedule was there with the episodes. Not sure if its true but can't wait!

I don't think there will be a season 2 'cause the whole story is completed in season 1.So the news about a season2 is probably fake.
Jan 6, 2018 4:50 PM
Sep 2015
FredFriendly said:
Jak said:
It's Kotarou, his hair is just shorter and it makes the style look similar to Hira.

You can also tell by the outfit Kotarou's wearing and what's happening in the background. Not the greatest depiction of the characters. Kotarou seems to have gone through a massive teenage growth spurt, and his parents look like they've aged by about ten years.

Well, they were 15 at the time of the anime, and they have a children now, so... 10 years could have easily gone through.
Jan 14, 2018 4:46 PM
Jun 2017
Tuki ga kirei was definitely one of my favorite romance anime it was rather light hearted without it being too comedic focused like so many romcoms that I watched nor was it painfully dramatic. I love how throughout the anime you kind of get hit by what the main couple is supposed to feel. For example at the beginning it was rather difficult to watch considering how awkward it was with the couple but as the anime went on it become exponentially more heart felt and rly hit me. I even dropped a few tears. The ending was amazing too it did what most anime can't do through out their entire duration in just a minute or two. I would love to see a sequel seeing what happened in the ending all animated. Although probably not considering that from that point on their relationship was pretty much golden. As we already saw most problems that could possibly threaten their relationship and how they would solve it.
Jan 15, 2018 3:36 AM

Dec 2012
Alright, I was not prepared for those last 7 minutes. It's very poetic how Kotarou's stories connected his feelings to Akane as she was leaving. I get the feeling that's what gave both of them the strength to continue their relationship into high school. As for the ED...holy smokes, who knew 90 seconds would mean so much to me? Some might say that it was rushed in, but I think that there was enough build up to give that entire moment its meaning. Throughout the series, Kotarou is inspired to work harder by his love for Akane. Although it didn't always mean success, it encouraged both of them to look for ways to keep it together instead of treating their relationship like a binary choice. Seeing that first love win out at the end was wholly satisfying. With each image marking the next milestone in their journey, I could envision everything they had to do to keep that dream going.

Overall, Tsuki ga Kirei had a really refreshing style. The CG character models are still going to give me nightmares, but the immense beauty that came with the rest of the package more than makes up for it. It was simple, straightforward and sweet all the way through. And in many ways, very nostalgic to a time I sincerely miss.

8/10
Jan 25, 2018 8:16 AM
Jan 2009
I know I am not the only one here who likes a anime love story where the couple gets married and has a kid in the end. There are too many realistic stories of couples not ending together or it being implied they might get together. This show is realistic but perhaps not as not frequent.
Jan 25, 2018 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
Im too tired posting how great this anime is. Anyway read Kimi no Iru Machi, believe me its like extended ver of Tsuki ga Kirei. Believe me dont watch the anime, just read it. I know its boring at first, but later u wont stop!
Feb 14, 2018 9:07 PM

Mar 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this series from start to finish. Definitely gonna miss this one, and definitely loved the montages in the end that sped everything up to the best conclusion possible!

10/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 16, 2018 7:22 AM

Apr 2015
Literally THE cutest show ever; ending up going back again and again to certain scenes when I'm down
Mar 5, 2018 11:29 AM
Aug 2017
Red Thread of Fate
TwT awwww..
Mar 7, 2018 4:53 AM

Feb 2018
What an amazing journey it was...
Perfect anime, clearly my favorite of the genre.

10/10
Mar 13, 2018 5:58 PM

Mar 2016
I'm a bit late to this, but just finished this last night. I had low expectations going in but was pleasently suprised that it didn't pull any of the usual romance tropes; overreactions, infidelity, and tons of melodrama love-triangle bs. The MC's stood their ground in terms of loyalty and I respect that. They smart. They loyal.

I don't get closure on it a lot like these ending credits give, and I would have been ok without it, but it sealed the 9 for me. The train scene got me good, especially when the ED kicks in right after -the- line. So good.

Tsukigakirei kept it real and I respect that. Don't give up on your dreams. ;-;
Mar 14, 2018 5:13 AM
Feb 2016
I finally watch this anime...I had downloaded it long ago but, not watched...After lots of good reviews about it, I watched...and damn I loved this anime...now I regret why I didn't watched this sooner...I wish those last moments would have had OVA or special though..
Mar 18, 2018 2:04 AM

Dec 2015
Feels-train finally has come to a pleasant stop :)

That ending with the LINE messages really hit me in the feels. The whole series essentially revolved around LINE since social anxiety was a key theme. That ending really tied everything up nicely.

~
Mar 29, 2018 10:47 PM

Aug 2011
First of all, great ending. Not a lot of animes can have a how so sweet ending like this one. The entire was the slow pace kinda vibes I like but still, though I liked it, it wasn't so memorable either. That is, until the end credits for this episode. Just that totally up my rating for the series by one notch.

I love every second of it that had to play it back a few times because it told so much in the short time. Even in the bad times, it's not as bad as it could be, and in the good times, it's the good times. telling/showing us that long distance relationship and work in these modern time

I believe that if a series (anime mostly) has a good/great ending, then the series was/is TOTALLY worth watching even if the starting wasn't so good (be it cause it was confusing/random/slow or whatever). Better that than to invest your time and emotions in a series that ending gives you a major let down and leaves you feeling extremely salty.
Mar 29, 2018 11:13 PM

Aug 2011
Bayek said:
Alright, I was not prepared for those last 7 minutes. It's very poetic how Kotarou's stories connected his feelings to Akane as she was leaving. I get the feeling that's what gave both of them the strength to continue their relationship into high school. As for the ED...holy smokes, who knew 90 seconds would mean so much to me? Some might say that it was rushed in, but I think that there was enough build up to give that entire moment its meaning. Throughout the series, Kotarou is inspired to work harder by his love for Akane. Although it didn't always mean success, it encouraged both of them to look for ways to keep it together instead of treating their relationship like a binary choice. Seeing that first love win out at the end was wholly satisfying. With each image marking the next milestone in their journey, I could envision everything they had to do to keep that dream going.

8/10

Eloquently put
The CG character models are still going to give me nightmares, but the immense beauty that came with the rest of the package more than makes up for it. It was simple, straightforward and sweet all the way through. And in many ways, very nostalgic to a time I sincerely miss.

Agree with you there.
Mar 29, 2018 11:25 PM

Aug 2011
Also glad to see that they kept a pink squeeze toy right until the end. I think that spoke volumes also and help in their relationship throughout the years.
Apr 5, 2018 8:05 PM
Mar 2018
8.35 rating for this show. What am I missing here? It just felt like an advert for a messaging service. I finished it hoping it would get better but it didn't. I'm a huge fan of the genre, this was weird. Send help.
Apr 15, 2018 6:55 AM

Aug 2011
OMG, I can't believe I teared up at the end;what a wuss (LOL).

I know there are many comments stating the ending wasn't realistic, and in this day and age that's understandable. But sometimes there are couples who come along that don't follow the modern day trend regarding relationships, I think Akane and Koutaro fit that profile, therefore I can definitely see the ending portrayed. In truth, I had more faith in Koutaro than Akane, as he was willing to sacrifice more and put actions behind his words. Yep... the heart and soul of a writer.

Either way, LOVED IT! 10/10
Apr 16, 2018 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
This was a pretty entertaining and an enjoyable anime to watch. I have to say I didn't like the ending, if Akane left the plushie at home and then both Azumi and Akane went on to detail how they were each other's first love during middle school, but have the relationship end there it would have made more sense and I'd be in my feels. I guess they couldn't have it end all bittersweet and so rushed it with the "they get married and have a baby" ending, but oh well this was still a good show.
Apr 20, 2018 12:20 AM

Nov 2017
Easily one of the best romance anime I’ve ever watched. Very strong character developement and chemistry, especially between Koutarou and Akane, and even Hira and Chinatsu having their feelings for the main characters. The pace was great, and all the moments were very sweet and touching. One of the more straightforward and realistic romances I’ve seen. The ending with all the scenes of what was to come in the future was beautiful, really touching. An easy 10/10!
Apr 20, 2018 12:32 AM

Apr 2016
leosapathy said:
This was a pretty entertaining and an enjoyable anime to watch. I have to say I didn't like the ending, if Akane left the plushie at home and then both Azumi and Akane went on to detail how they were each other's first love during middle school, but have the relationship end there it would have made more sense and I'd be in my feels. I guess they couldn't have it end all bittersweet and so rushed it with the "they get married and have a baby" ending, but oh well this was still a good show.

The ending is anything but rushed. The end-credit sequences had been built up since episode 1, just not in chronological order, and was designed to throw the viewer off. The last episode's end credits was a "reveal" of what they had deviously planned throughout the season; and most people who loved the series thought it was brilliant.
Apr 20, 2018 7:18 AM

Apr 2013
Onsa_Rin said:
leosapathy said:

The ending is anything but rushed. The end-credit sequences had been built up since episode 1, just not in chronological order, and was designed to throw the viewer off. The last episode's end credits was a "reveal" of what they had deviously planned throughout the season; and most people who loved the series thought it was brilliant.

I disagree, the ending was completely rushed and unrealistic to be perfectly honest. Oh wow, they somehow make it work even after getting older, get married and have a baby?! Plus the odds of a middle school couple staying together is far fetched especially after having to maintain a long distance relationship due to moving. It should have stuck to being realistic as it had been for the most part, but instead it headed towards the "good" generic ending many romances finish with.
Apr 20, 2018 8:36 AM

Apr 2016
leosapathy said:
Onsa_Rin said:

I disagree, the ending was completely rushed and unrealistic to be perfectly honest. Oh wow, they somehow make it work even after getting older, get married and have a baby?! Plus the odds of a middle school couple staying together is far fetched especially after having to maintain a long distance relationship due to moving. It should have stuck to being realistic as it had been for the most part, but instead it headed towards the "good" generic ending many romances finish with.

If you want ultra realistic, there's probably a better chance of them getting married and then eventually divorcing; but that's beside the point.

It's not like a relationship that lasts from 14-15 y/o until they're married are all that impossible. Completely anecdotal, but I personally know of at least two ex-classmates from my old school who went that route and are still together with kids. (We're old geezers in our 40s btw). Lots of other online reports of the same thing, whether you choose to believe it or not.

Sure, the chances are generally low, but that's the whole point of doing a show about it; otherwise why bother? It's about the execution of the journey, rather than the end game. If anything, a show that ends with them splitting at the train scene would've been too generic, since it's been done to death (think a certain Shinkai short movie...). After all, the whole series tries to imply that their main communication is online anyway, so the long-distance thing can be overcome that way (or at least that's what they want us to believe, with apparent success).
Apr 20, 2018 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
Onsa_Rin said:
leosapathy said:

If you want ultra realistic, there's probably a better chance of them getting married and then eventually divorcing; but that's beside the point.

It's not like a relationship that lasts from 14-15 y/o until they're married are all that impossible. Completely anecdotal, but I personally know of at least two ex-classmates from my old school who went that route and are still together with kids. (We're old geezers in our 40s btw). Lots of other online reports of the same thing, whether you choose to believe it or not.

Sure, the chances are generally low, but that's the whole point of doing a show about it; otherwise why bother? It's about the execution of the journey, rather than the end game. If anything, a show that ends with them splitting at the train scene would've been too generic, since it's been done to death (think a certain Shinkai short movie...). After all, the whole series tries to imply that their main communication is online anyway, so the long-distance thing can be overcome that way (or at least that's what they want us to believe, with apparent success).

Statistically speaking it is unlikely. Most people do not marry their middle school crushes, you don't even need stats to figure that out just common sense. There is an abundance of anime that already attempt to prove how success can rise from something that has a low probability of succeeding in the first place. Anime set in realism are too few and far between. This could have been the perfect opportunity to convey a message of the beauty of one's first love, the moments that lead to the formation of a relationship and the heartbreak that usually comes after. This would have resonated with the audience as well since it is an experience many go through, not saying it didn't with this ending, but I would have much preferred the realistic scenario to be shown. The direction it chose to go in was predictable and I was hoping for a change, but sadly it disappointed me. I guess if you enjoyed this you'd probably enjoy kimi no na wa as well though.

Also you're in your 40's and watch anime? That's fucking awesome, so rare to encounter someone over 30 on here lol.
Apr 20, 2018 10:13 PM

Apr 2016
leosapathy said:

[.. snip ..]
Statistically speaking it is unlikely. Most people do not marry their middle school crushes, you don't even need stats to figure that out just common sense. There is an abundance of anime that already attempt to prove how success can rise from something that has a low probability of succeeding in the first place. Anime set in realism are too few and far between. This could have been the perfect opportunity to convey a message of the beauty of one's first love, the moments that lead to the formation of a relationship and the heartbreak that usually comes after. This would have resonated with the audience as well since it is an experience many go through, not saying it didn't with this ending, but I would have much preferred the realistic scenario to be shown. The direction it chose to go in was predictable and I was hoping for a change, but sadly it disappointed me. I guess if you enjoyed this you'd probably enjoy kimi no na wa as well though.

Also you're in your 40's and watch anime? That's fucking awesome, so rare to encounter someone over 30 on here lol.

I'm not disagreeing that the odds are very much against such a relationship lasting through their entire lifespan like that. I'm personally not as invested in the final outcome as a lot of others - I would have accepted either endings, *provided* they executed it right. In Tsuki ga Kirei's case, to me, the way they tied up the end credits with the subtle hints in all the prior episodes was what sold me on the end game. It was different enough from all the other sappy romances that I couldn't stand, and stood out to me as very well executed and memorable. That it pointed to a happy ending was just a bonus.

It might be spoiler territory, but the ending of a couple of Shinkai Makoto's other works like 5cm/sec and Garden of Words had enough realistic sad endings to last me a lifetime. Personally I found both of them better than Kimi no Na wa itself, but that's another story.

And yes, there's probably lots of people in their 40s and 50s still engrossed in seasonal animes. Just not as active in forums. Our tastes obviously have evolved over the years, esp when it comes to battle shounens and the ilk, but there are enough good anime out there that have a broad enough appeal that I find even better than the so-called "adult-oriented" entertainment trash they pass as dramas and sitcoms these days. When you get gems like Tsuki ga Kirei, Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho and 3-Gatsu no Lion, is when you really appreciate what anime has to offer.
Apr 21, 2018 10:25 AM

Apr 2013
Onsa_Rin said:
leosapathy said:

[.. snip ..]

I'm not disagreeing that the odds are very much against such a relationship lasting through their entire lifespan like that. I'm personally not as invested in the final outcome as a lot of others - I would have accepted either endings, *provided* they executed it right. In Tsuki ga Kirei's case, to me, the way they tied up the end credits with the subtle hints in all the prior episodes was what sold me on the end game. It was different enough from all the other sappy romances that I couldn't stand, and stood out to me as very well executed and memorable. That it pointed to a happy ending was just a bonus.

It might be spoiler territory, but the ending of a couple of Shinkai Makoto's other works like 5cm/sec and Garden of Words had enough realistic sad endings to last me a lifetime. Personally I found both of them better than Kimi no Na wa itself, but that's another story.

And yes, there's probably lots of people in their 40s and 50s still engrossed in seasonal animes. Just not as active in forums. Our tastes obviously have evolved over the years, esp when it comes to battle shounens and the ilk, but there are enough good anime out there that have a broad enough appeal that I find even better than the so-called "adult-oriented" entertainment trash they pass as dramas and sitcoms these days. When you get gems like Tsuki ga Kirei, Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho and 3-Gatsu no Lion, is when you really appreciate what anime has to offer.

Yes I understand your perspective on the anime. I agree, the story and it's characters did differentiate itself from most romances and I appreciated that, yet I still strongly believe the ending only cemented itself as another example of a far-fetched romance that will somehow flourish for a lifetime, since to me that is what it is insinuated by the credits. Putting that aside, I am still satisfied with the anime as a whole.

Eh, I think both 5 Centimeters per Second and Garden of Words did not have an interesting set of mc's like Tsuki ga Kirei had, nor did it have me invested in them enough to leave an emotional impact. The animation for both are top tier though.

Not many on the forums, hence the rarity. Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho is actually the anime I was contemplating on watching instead of Tsuki ga Kierei. Well, that and Darling in the FranXX. Judging by what you've mentioned so far it seems you enjoy anime in the slice of life genre, if that is true then I highly recommend you watch Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo as you'll likely find it worthwhile.
May 21, 2018 11:36 AM
Nov 2015
I thought they will get a bittersweet ending . I really hate those kind of ending but im suprised after they play the illustration of their relation through line . Im really happy they end up being together and sad wondering when can i watch this kind of anime again.
May 27, 2018 1:03 PM

Mar 2018
This series is sweet. It was a bit boring at times, and episodes 4-5 were a painful ordeal to get through, but it has lots of good things to outweigh that. I was going to give it 7/10, but the ending was so beautiful and touching that I figured I'd bump it up to 8/10. The ending had just the right balance of sadness and happiness, reminding me a lot of the feel of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. :)

tinytargetman said:
8.35 rating for this show. What am I missing here? It just felt like an advert for a messaging service.
This post made me LOL. :D
Aug 12, 2018 10:12 AM

Oct 2013
Now that's how you make a final episode.

Aug 20, 2018 12:39 AM
Jan 2015
at first , I thought this anime was quite boring , with both the main couple was quiet/shy type ,never fans of that type /interaction, but this show surpass my expectation

It has its annoying and boring moments , but episode afterwards make up for it
it's a bit predictable but never mind that, this show was portraying a beautiful and pure-hearted romance although they both just a middle-schooler

feel a bit bad for Hira though , he was quite a good guy too..IRL , he probably will be the winner

I am not really fans of romance , just occasionally watch it ,so I had thought of drop this when I thought it was just a predictable cliche show of middle-schooler .I am glad I change my mind and not miss this beautiful and meaningful show..

7/10
Sep 16, 2018 10:22 AM

Jun 2011
Yoooo that ending with their kid !!

As much as I want to like this series, it's gone downhill since episode 3 and it never recovered. The first 2 episodes were really good setup.. it was slow but it made sense because they started out not knowing each other.. then bam they took it to the next step and got together.. that's when it all went south.

This is just me but I'd prefer if they go out only after they got over their shyness around each other. It was legit annoying to watch them getting used to having each other's company as a FRIEND, not even lover, when they're already together. If you're truly shy around each other, then how well do you really know the other person, to say that you really do love him/her?

The love square was also extremely annoying, and add nothing to the table but pad the story out. It doesn't teach them nor us any lesson, it's just.. being there. Doesn't help that Chinatsu's crush for Azumi is only skin deep, she knew him for a week at best and she's already in love with him? So much so she couldn't get over the feelings for the entire year? And she wanted to confess to Azumi even though he's already started dating with Akane? What? If you spare like a moment to think about it, what she and Hira did are absolutely horrible as friends. There's absolutely no reason to think he would even accept your confession when he never even hinted he's into you.. and even if he accepted your confession there's absolutely no reason to stay with a guy like that. Same goes for Hira. This is probably the weakest area of the show.

Following the love square was the jealousy coming from our main characters. The jealousy part was really annoying to watch. Akane got mad over nothing when Azumi was basically just being with Chinatsu, as friends. Ditto with Azumi, he got VERY mad knowing Akane was with Hira, like, what's your issues man.. and that's not only it, he refused to talk about it and just shrug her off like she's some trash on the roadside. They literally have done nothing wrong with either Chinatsu or Hira, the heck? I get feeling insecure about it, their relationship wasn't as strong yet, but don't blow your steam on the other person for unjust reason.

Then there's Azumi's absolutely garbage reaction to his parents, as well as the viewers on MAL. I can't believe there's actually people who suggested Azumi to move out of his house because his parents were worried about his academic results. Do I need to even remind you guys Azumi was 15? And Azumi sucks academically because he spends all day writing his novel? As parents wouldn't you get worried? Even if you want to write novel, you should at the very least get some education first. It does help with your writing. As shown in later episodes, Azumi's parents are not as hard headed as some people want to make them out to be. They were just concern.. Legit there's someone blaming the parents for.. parenting their child. It makes me think that the viewers are not even 17 themselves yet.

Aside from those, the writing is extremely cliche in a bad way, and that the anime is way overrated. The introduction was great, it gave the feeling that it was gonna be relaxing without all sort of stupid teen drama while keeping the more mature coming of age drama. Unfortunately, the story went the other way. The visual is really nice and I guess that's enough to satisfy people. Oh and the kisses.. I feel like many people are content as long as they end up kissing, just like Ling Qi the anime.. Kisses don't fix the problems the show have lol.

The dialogue is also really boring, and basic. There's also lots of sfx "haah", "uhh", "eh", "uhm", and the sighs. Like the top negative review stated,
They were awkward, but it wasn't just a cute awkward, they legitimately had nothing substantive to talk about, ever. It felt ironically shallow.

whoever said it's realistic probably spent their entire life living in a basement on the internet.

The side characters and their own romance sucked as well.

The music was great tho.. and the first few episodes were kind of funny.

This is very, VERY disappointing as a whole. Another series that could not escape the cliche.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 30, 2018 12:19 PM

Apr 2016
Samasama said:
A great ending. Definitely a 10/10 for me and my AOTS for sure. Love the ending and I never actually thought their chats in the credits at the ED is actually about them. Nice one . I will definitely miss this show . One of the best romance if not the best romance I had ever watched!
Samasama said:
A great ending. Definitely a 10/10 for me and my AOTS for sure. Love the ending and I never actually thought their chats in the credits at the ED is actually about them. Nice one . I will definitely miss this show . One of the best romance if not the best romance I had ever watched!

What does AOTS means? I’m new to anime so yah

"If it made you happy, then everything’s okay."
- Haruka Kasugano

Oct 30, 2018 12:22 PM

Mar 2018
IMadeUReadThis said:
Samasama said:
Samasama said:

What does AOTS means? I’m new to anime so yah
Probably "anime of the season".
Oct 30, 2018 12:25 PM

Apr 2016
Why is this anime not popular yet???

"If it made you happy, then everything’s okay."
- Haruka Kasugano

Dec 19, 2018 4:17 PM

Aug 2013
IMadeUReadThis said:
Why is this anime not popular yet???

probably because it is slow paced with shy and anxious main characters

some people appreciate it, but the majority of the anime community prefers boring high school students, action, fan service, harem, etc
Feb 16, 2019 3:50 PM

Sep 2012
Zeclo said:

I never said I wanted a "punishing" ending, it's just the way things are displayed that felt wrong for me.
I agree with you for the most part and they probably did the right thing by choosing that ending for the audience as you stated, but it comes out of nowhere.
It's like they were uncertain to choose which ending and decided to throw out a rushed happy one to avoid any form of bashing and make everyone happy.
You can read it a lot here > "I was worried but hopefully it has a good ending so everything is fine".

I won't talk about how unrealistic this ending can be because it could happen even if the probability is very low so let's move on, but i don't think it's well handled to play from one extreme to another.

Anyway, I still think it's one of the best and subtle romance anime i've seen (not that hard when you see the competitors) for all the good reasons that were mentionned before but it has some flaws.

I feel like people exaggerate LDRs far too much for being unrealistic. You can easily find thousands of true stories from people where LDR turns out very successfully. It's definitely very possible and not so unrealistic. I think it's much more unrealistic when the story focuses on the beauty of true love but you do a bad ending where the couple wouldn't even give the LDR a try and break up without trying. People generally already have a negative mindset toward LDR. It's pretty much common knowledge. Why feed to that negative mindset and do what's already commonly known? That's just boring for a story and is predictable. Encouraging LDRs is a good thing when it needs more positivity. People need to be encouraged to try and commit to the relationship and believe. Nothing is wrong with that.
FlamingMangosFeb 18, 2019 10:58 PM
Feb 17, 2019 1:39 PM

Mar 2017
This has got to be one of the best but most underrated romance anime i've ever seen. The plot was realistic instead of the usual idealistic and the development of the characters are their relationship was believable. Honestly, more people need to watch this!
Mar 14, 2019 9:54 AM

Dec 2013
Forget it, I usually don't rate shows 10/10 but this one deserves it. Just finished rewatching this and the ending still hit me pretty hard, amazing. More people NEED to give this show a chance.
Mar 15, 2019 11:42 PM

Mar 2018
The ending got me into tears, I wasn't expecting the happy ending, but the credits filled my heart with joy, not as realistic as life, but satisfyingly real to me.
Mar 21, 2019 8:57 PM

Dec 2016
This show was a 9 from the first episode till episode 11. The way they wrapped it up with those end credit scenes that left us in constant shock was just perfect. I have been motivated and moved this was a masterpiece !!
Mar 28, 2019 3:37 PM

Aug 2017
Chinatsu should have been the clear winner. Or HAREM.
Apr 10, 2019 5:03 PM
Mar 2019
OH NO SIS. I JUST GOT TO THE PART WHERE CHINATSU AND KOTAROU BOTH MADE IT IN THE SAME SCHOOL. I DONT LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING NO M’AM.
Apr 10, 2019 5:33 PM
Mar 2019
SO. LETS TALK ABOUT EP 12. THE ENDING WAS SO GOOD OMG I CRIED SO MUCH. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CONTACT CHANGED FROM “GIRLFRIEND” TO “WIFE” AND THEN THE END WHERE THEY SHOWED A PIC OF THEIR FAMILY AND BABY. I TEARED UP SO MUCH IM SO PROUD OF MY BABIES
Apr 10, 2019 5:40 PM
Mar 2019
leosapathy said:
Onsa_Rin said:

and i’ll have to disagree with you. true, most middle school relationships don’t last that long but it’s not nearly impossible. they did get into fights themselves, their relationship wasn’t perfect. it took time. just bc they didn’t show us every detail of what happened during their long distance relationship, that doesn’t mean it’s unrealistic. unlikely, but not unrealistic.
May 6, 2019 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Best romance anime ending ever for me. I'm glad Kotarou and Akane became happy!
May 7, 2019 12:18 AM

Jul 2016
Oh man, what a splash of cold water those first minutes were... Kota not being able to pass the entrance exam and Akane breaking down in tears due to the worries of having a long distance relationship had me really anxious but I'm so glad things could work out in the end.

Regarding Chinatsu, I guess it's fine she managed to confess her feelings to Kota so that she can get over it but some part of me still thinks she probably tried to make a move on him while they were in high school... I don't know, after what she did at the amusement park, I don't really trust her and if I were Akane, I would be very cautious about her interactions with Kota.

But well, leaving that aside, I also must say that I absolutely loved their LINE conversations and all the illustrations at the end. It was so heartwarming and satisfying to know they ended up getting married and having a child and as someone said here, I can say their relationship really touched my heart as well.

Overall, it was an incredibly beautiful show. Easily one of the sweetest ones I've ever watched and probably my favorite romance anime till date. 9/10
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

178 by Sarthak7985 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.