Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2017 6:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First episode is online now ahead of the TV airing. It streamed from AbemaTV today.
https://twitter.com/nganime/status/880220615717773312

It's really nice to see everyone back again. We have Nene and Umiko having some ice cream together which I thought was cute. The project "Nene Quest" also was discussed. As expected, Umiko still has her airsoft guns that she brings to work.

Episode ended with a picnic and damn, these girls really know how to enjoy life. Nice episode, hopefully we'll see the OP/ED theme song for the TV premiere.
Jun 29, 2017 6:53 AM
Jul 2016
Make rinkou ship sail this season plssssss (wont happen :( )
Jun 29, 2017 7:45 AM

May 2013
nice set up to renewed the story again.
aouba now challenging for character design leader.
Jun 29, 2017 9:56 AM

Apr 2010
It's finally back!!
And it was worth the wait it's great the see Aoba animated again.
The others where funny to watch as well especially the meetings with all of them.
I missed them all so looking forward to the rest of the season.
Jun 29, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2013
Here's the episode 1

Kitan~!
Jun 30, 2017 5:01 AM

Aug 2016
Deym 8.65 #56, I'll cherish this moment while it lasts xD(here comes the 1/2 raters now that it's on the top airing list)

Just posting here coz I still need to wait for subs...

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 30, 2017 10:21 AM

May 2014
Lufwa said:
Deym 8.65 #56, I'll cherish this moment while it lasts xD(here comes the 1/2 raters now that it's on the top airing list)

Just posting here coz I still need to wait for subs...
It was in the top 40 straight after episode 1 had been streamed, dropped to 50 a while later.
Jun 30, 2017 11:00 AM

Feb 2017
Does this series have romance in? Not seen teh first season so very curious.
Jun 30, 2017 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
It was good to see this series is back.

I loved the part where Nene and Umiko were feeding ice cream to each other.
Jun 30, 2017 1:06 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i watched the first five minutes in VO in this instant i hope a week to choose if watch or not....

8.60/10 by 415 users and rank 56 i think is excessive for the 5 minutes i watched, funny but not to throw fireworks!!!!
Jun 30, 2017 5:23 PM
Jun 2015
tfw when you read the manga and understand most of the dialogue in the unsub version, despite knowing nothing about japanese XD
Jul 1, 2017 12:31 AM

Jun 2016
Sorrowsenpai said:
Does this series have romance in? Not seen teh first season so very curious.

the first season didn't, and what i've read from the manga, it doesn't.
Jul 1, 2017 8:37 AM

Jul 2016
Is this subbed yet? I can't find it translated online.

Jul 2, 2017 9:17 AM

Mar 2016
Why this aired now? Eps 1 is scheduled at jul 11 on mal right?

Jul 2, 2017 10:49 AM
Jun 2015
Rio_ said:
Why this aired now? Eps 1 is scheduled at jul 11 on mal right?

read the opening post pls
Jul 2, 2017 11:21 AM

Sep 2015
Its already air? i don't even got notice from mal

More fanservice and more shipping
Into the Internet!
Jul 2, 2017 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
Why the hell hasn't crunchyroll picked it up already?
Jul 2, 2017 9:37 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
vicexxv said:
Here's the episode 1

I was able to follow till about the 5 minute mark (about the point Shizuku showed up), and sort of follow till about the 7 minute mark, and then I couldn't keep up anymore :(
Need to wait for the subs...
CratexJul 2, 2017 9:42 PM
Jul 4, 2017 8:54 AM
Nov 2016
A pretty good first episode.
They showed us where all the characters are at this point in time to set the tone for the show.

Nene and Umiko seem to have formed a somewhat strong relationship.

The sense of achieving something that this show provides when the characters finally finish making a game is pretty good.
This season is going to be another breezy ride.
Jul 4, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
Kinda surprised to get the episode so early tbh, but well, I won't complain.

That was a nice start, lol at Aoba beeing disappointed that she didn't become a senpai this year.

We also got the usual Yagami fanservice, and yuri vibe from her and Tooyama, overall it felt like always.

Liked the song at the end, wonder if that was the opening or ending.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2017 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
So glad to have this back, lovely start to the season.

Too bad Aoba, gotta wait till next year before you become senpai. xD

Those pantsu shots of Ko-chan, just like Aoba I'm used to it as well. XD

Hifumi is as adorable as ever, I love how Hazuki is taking picture of her reactions. <3

Nenechi meeting Umiko was really funny.

I said it back in S1 but I seriously love the detail put into the development tools in this show, the detail on the color coding of Visual Studio, the actual source code and the god-forbid runtime error were great. I actually paused the episode to see what she had written. XD
For anyone wondering what the error actually was, it looks like she put the Destroy function inside the damage loop, so the game ended up trying to delete an object it had already deleted before, thereby causing the assertion error.
I personally loved what Nenechi said about Programming and how it gives life to the game. :)

The feedback session was gold, Aoba asking the real questions about why the company is female only. XDD
Hifumi is being offered the position of Lead Character Designer, Nice.
Rin is so adorable when it comes to dealing with anything relating to Ko. <3

The picnic at the end was really nice, Rin pouting was so much win.
Looks like there's a character design competition to select the lead characters and designer for the new game project, guess they decided to go with this since Hifumi didn't give them an answer?
Anyway, Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 4, 2017 10:05 AM

Apr 2013
Great. Now I have lingering Umiko x Nenechi thoughts resurfacing along with the already potent Ko x Aoba ones.
Jul 4, 2017 10:17 AM

Dec 2014
Ranxomare said:
i watched the first five minutes in VO in this instant i hope a week to choose if watch or not....

8.60/10 by 415 users and rank 56 i think is excessive for the 5 minutes i watched, funny but not to throw fireworks!!!!

Honestly I don't think shows should be rated at all while they're airing really, or at least make a "preliminary" score system like some reviews are marked as, it has been proven time and time again that a lot of things can be unexpectedly great or end up as train wrecks, not saying it's the case with New Game by the way, I think this is the sort of show that the quality / viewing experience is pretty consistent throughout it's air time but I meant it as a more general rule of thumb, it would also influence people to rate shows again after they're finished which I think would impact scores by a significant margin in most cases
Jul 4, 2017 10:19 AM

Jan 2012
Well the fansubs were absolute monkey feces, but the episode itself was nice. Loved Nene's scene with Umiko, and the flower viewing visuals were very pretty. As was:
Jul 4, 2017 10:25 AM

Jul 2015
Its back and its as cute as before. Maybe even cuter. Loved this first episode.
Jul 4, 2017 10:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode first up to begin off Season 2. Wonderful to see all the characters back together and then going off for a picnic and the comedy of the anime right on the spot. Animation of the show is also as captivating as ever. Hopefully, we will get to see the Op/Ed with the TV premiere. A definite 8/10 for me so far...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 4, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2012
SJ7izm said:
Great. Now I have lingering Umiko x Nenechi thoughts resurfacing along with the already potent Ko x Aoba ones.
You and me both buddy. Umiko x Nenechi hadn't really occurred to me during S1 a whole lot, but this episode nearly sold me on it already. Then we have
Ko x Aoba which has been a consistent shipping for me, but also a guilty one because I don't want poor Rin and Hifumi to be alone.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 4, 2017 1:29 PM

Oct 2013
I saw a fansubbed version where the subbing sucked, but it was still good. Nenecchi and Umiko ice cream scene was the best, and also Haifumi's shy face.
Jul 4, 2017 1:32 PM

Mar 2015
The fansubs were just horrible, I don't know if I should cry or laugh. The visuals were amazing, glad to see the gang together again
Jul 4, 2017 2:04 PM

Dec 2013
Oh my. We're back again, and it's already just as good as it was before!
Loved how they did a year end review on what they'd learned for the past year, and it was fun to see all the changes in both the staff and with Nene as well after what they'd experienced in season 1. A bit worried about how Yun was acting in the assessment though, just hope it's not some foreshadowing of her leaving the team. Rin's subconscious reasons for never hiring men was too funny.

Looking forward to Aoba's progress, what with her new found target of becoming a head designer.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 4, 2017 2:11 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Lelouch0202 said:
Looks like there's a character design competition to select the lead characters and designer for the new game project, guess they decided to go with this since Hifumi didn't give them an answer?
I don't think she is ready, and I was surprised they offered it to her. A person in that position has to have good communication skills and the resolve to give honest feedback to others. She definately lacks the communication skills, and I never saw any of the peers on the design team (that is, anyone outside of Kou, and occasionally Umiko from the programmer's side) give feedback. I'm not saying that they didn't do peer code/design reviews - I just don't recall if they showed us doing any of that, so it makes me wonder.

The subtitles I saw definitely were 'rough', but I don't think they were terrible. I've seen much worse.
CratexJul 4, 2017 2:14 PM
Jul 4, 2017 2:15 PM

Mar 2016
Yay it's back! Seems like they'll take an even more fanservice-y route this season, though :/

Man, the subs I watched really sucked, so it probably would've been more enjoyable had I waited for subs that actually made sense. Ah well, I got the gist of it.
Jul 4, 2017 3:33 PM
Apr 2014
Is this first episode going to "officially" air later? I'd rather wait for decent subs, but I don't want to get behind if this episode is on schedule.
Jul 4, 2017 4:01 PM

Apr 2017
All that focus on Yagamis panties and ass in the beginning... lol

What was with those shitty fansubs?
Jul 4, 2017 4:16 PM

Dec 2016
Really happy to see this back again.

Not much has changed when it comes to the characters.

Still very funny.

Looking forward to watching the rest of this season.

Jul 4, 2017 4:23 PM

Nov 2013
the subs were kinda strange but i think i understood most of it
anyway i'm happy to see this anime again, it is always super cute and fun and also worth of some screenshots/gifs ;D

that part when Nenechi didn't feed Ahagon LOL
and hifumi is as cute as always =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 4, 2017 5:20 PM

Apr 2011
I'm happy to see them again. But the subs are horrible.
Jul 4, 2017 5:41 PM
May 2015
God, the subs were fucking terrible. Even a stupid ass 2nd grader from some shitty third world country has better grammar than these dickfucks fansubber. I had to stop after 2 minutes because I couldn't enjoy this show properly with those garbage subs.

I already read the manga anyway so I know what's going to happen.

CRUNCHYROLL? WHERE ART THOU?
jc9622Jul 4, 2017 5:44 PM

Jul 4, 2017 6:49 PM

Sep 2013
4/5- Yay! My favorite girls from the Summer 16 lineup is back! Behind Owarimonogatari, this was my most anticipated show of the season. Super stoked to see these girls on a weekly basis again.

Hifumi was uber adorable this episode and smiled a lot more often than she normally does! Glad to see her making a goal to overcome her social phobia. I'm rooting for her.

So nice to see that Umiko and Nene actually hang out too. Behind RinxKou (4EVER) the chemistry between Umiko and Nene is the most fun. It was also nice to see more of Shizuku this episode.

It looks like Aoba has a chance to finally become a character designer like Kou. I'm excited to see her chase her dreams this season. Hopefully she wins this competition.

The new OP song is pretty good though I like last year's better. Also the person re-release the episode with better subs because the "first one was a joke". Kinda stupid but oh well, I'll still watch the CR version anyways.
TehSnawnJul 4, 2017 6:57 PM

Jul 4, 2017 6:57 PM
Oct 2010
What's with the computer translated subs? that was awful. I hope someone else picks it up... (yeah, Crunchyroll had New Game! so maybe they'll get the second season too?)

Well, at least this is better than lel-subs, I just hate those...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 4, 2017 7:33 PM

May 2016
I loved the episode, Ko X Rin in my opinion is a better ship than Aoba x Ko. It just Rin is so adorable (Kayanon did a good job). The Umiko x Nenecchi really didn't really stand out until now but overall it was a good episode. Visuals were really nice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2017 7:34 PM

Apr 2016
I have a feeling HorribleSubs will pick it up once it starts airing officially.

That aside, Hifumi is still too perfect. <3
Jul 4, 2017 7:39 PM

Oct 2012
SJ7izm said:
gust11 said:
You and me both buddy. Umiko x Nenechi hadn't really occurred to me during S1 a whole lot, but this episode nearly sold me on it already. Then we have
Ko x Aoba which has been a consistent shipping for me, but also a guilty one because I don't want poor Rin and Hifumi to be alone.

EXACTLY, man. I've been trying to avoid these Ko x Aoba thoughts for so long. Probably my guiltiest feelings for any pairing in any series.

I have to return to the Ko x Rin bookmarks to keep myself grounded as if I'm taking medication. I can't forsake this beautiful married couple.

Plus I want my pure hedgehog-loving angel Hifumi to be happy.

Yes same, Rin and Ko are just wonderful together, and Hifumi is too pure to be left alone, she needs the hedgehog look-alike Aoba to stay by her side.

I thank you for the nice pics~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 4, 2017 9:20 PM
Feb 2017
I just saw it as it was finally uploaded to kissanime today, but the subs they used were total shit. They were so bad that I was able to follow the story of the episode through common sense, but most of the jokes totally fell flat, the ending made no sense, and it was a headache to watch. Can someone please explain how the episode ended (and also another source for the show just in case kissanime screws up episode 2 too)
Jul 4, 2017 10:08 PM

Jun 2017
Glad to see this back, one of my favorites from last year.

Fansubs were just god awful, will have to watch again with proper subs.

Jul 5, 2017 2:37 AM
Apr 2014
The guy who subbed it released a fixed ver, claimed the 1st ver was a "joke".
I watched it and it seems to be ok now, though you can just wait for cr or doki.
Jul 5, 2017 3:03 AM

Apr 2015
The subs are so awful ._. I'll just wait until the fixed version is uploaded 'cause I only find the awful subs...
Jul 5, 2017 4:47 AM

Feb 2014
New Game is back for its second season and the first episode was very good. It reminded me of how much I enjoyed watching season 1 back last summer. =)

The visuals remain very colourful and detailed and the characters interactions were fantastic as usual, mainly between Umiko x Nene and Ko x Rin.

The only downside was the subs, which were pretty messy and lol worthy at times. I'll be happy to rewatch this episode when the Crunchyroll subs comes out for it.
Jul 5, 2017 4:50 AM

Dec 2014
Cratex said:
Lelouch0202 said:
I don't think she is ready, and I was surprised they offered it to her. A person in that position has to have good communication skills and the resolve to give honest feedback to others. She definately lacks the communication skills, and I never saw any of the peers on the design team (that is, anyone outside of Kou, and occasionally Umiko from the programmer's side) give feedback. I'm not saying that they didn't do peer code/design reviews - I just don't recall if they showed us doing any of that, so it makes me wonder.

I do agree that the role itself requires good communication skills and some leadership qualities but considering that Hifumi herself said she wanted to overcome her social shyness, offering her the position might actually be a really good way to do it. That might be the reasoning behind them offering her the job.
Jul 5, 2017 6:41 AM

Sep 2016
meh, I prefer aoba x kou
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

158 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 7, 9:48 AM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2017

99 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 7, 9:12 AM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2017

79 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 6, 9:29 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2017

86 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 6, 8:36 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2017

71 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 6, 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.