Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2017 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
These are my reasons on why I prefer classic anime to modern anime (and this is why I hate modern anime). I haven't seen a whole lot of anime so don't insult me if I made a mistake because I'm sorry, I don't watch a lot of anime!

1. They don't got very bratty characters in them. A lot of anime especially nowadays got tsunderes in them or just selfish, immature, whiny people. I like nice people, I don't like mean people.
2. They are more cheerful and optimistic. They can have funny and silly moments in them and moments that make me smile. Don't have to worry about a bunch of serious moments moments such as crying or fighting. I like people being happy, it makes me happy, too.
3. There's not a lot of ecchi, fanservice, or sex in them.
4. Not a lot of cliches, stock characters or stereotypes.
5. They don't overstay their welcome.
6. They don't rely on moe.
7. They have some action and story in them and are not just bland, storyless, all-over-the-place slice of life stories.
8. Some of them aren't really gory or full of graphic violence or whatever.

I do know an anime I hate called Neon Genesis Evangelion that had some of these things in there, also Perfect Blue was too violent so they don't count.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2017 3:46 PM

Nov 2012
Your reasons are wrong.

Source: My own anime experience.
Jun 27, 2017 3:48 PM

Feb 2016
lol you just don't know which modern anime to watch at all
Jun 27, 2017 3:49 PM

Sep 2016
Let's put here why those reasons are shit one by one.

1. There's always been shitty characters in anime.
2. What are you talking about, anime nowadays is FAR more happy.
3. Bullshit.
4. ...I can't say anything in this one.
5. What does this even mean?
6. Nor it does now.
7. Bullshit (Again)
8. Bullshit (How do you get so many things backwards?)

Watch more anime. And stop making shit threads.

Edit: Wait, If you hate Evangelion, why do you have an avatar of it?
NoesnecesarioJun 27, 2017 3:54 PM
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Jun 27, 2017 3:50 PM
Mar 2015
Literally the opposite of everything in your list applies to classic anime too...

Jun 27, 2017 3:51 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ah I see. Well OP your reasons are understandable, have a good day.
Jun 27, 2017 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
oh boi, I recognize that avatar... I know exactly where this thread is going... oh boi... oh... boi...
Jun 27, 2017 3:53 PM

Sep 2015
Shit list, Shit thread, but is it a shit post? hmmmmmmmm
LaLeLuLiLoJun 27, 2017 3:57 PM
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Jun 27, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
Fair enough.

This seems more like a blog than anything though.
You're just kind of stating your opinion, not really provoking discussion.
Jun 27, 2017 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
I mean just going by the last line I'm going to interpret the rest as "I'm going to conveniently ignore examples from past anime that contradict my list because I can."
Jun 27, 2017 3:56 PM

Jun 2011
Noesnecesario said:
Let's put here why those reasons are shit one by one.

1. There's always been shitty characters in anime.
2. What are you talking about, anime nowadays is FAR more happy.
3. Bullshit.
4. ...I can't say anything in this one.
5. What does this even mean?
6. Nor it does now.
7. Bullshit (Again)
8. Bullshit (How do you get so many things backwards?)

Watch more anime. And stop making shit threads.

Edit: Wait, If you hate Evangelion, why do you have an avatar of it?

Stop insulting me! Why are you insulting? I said no insulting because I don't know a whole lot of anime you guys know! The only crap threads I made are usually about Evangelion! I never meant to insult anyone with any thread on the general forums!

I'm mocking Evangelion with me avatar.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jun 27, 2017 3:57 PM

Nov 2016
Put this thread under watched, seems like this is gonna be good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 2017 3:58 PM

Jun 2011
Tonysol67 said:
Shit list, Shit thread, but not a shit post? hmmmmmmmm

I'm sorry! D: I don't know a lot of anime. :(

Darek said:
oh boi, I recognize that avatar... I know exactly where this thread is going... oh boi... oh... boi...

Just don't insult me man! And I'll continue being nice. D:

Jun 27, 2017 3:59 PM

Nov 2012
GamerDLM said:
I mean just going by the last line I'm going to interpret the rest as "I'm going to conveniently ignore examples from past anime that contradict my list because I can."

It would not be the first time OP has done this.

Mar 2012
Tell me how many anime you know just from this two season.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/1996/winter
https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/1996/spring
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 2018
pinkarray said:
Darek said:

Yeah... but here is the thing, this is AD, you are probably gonna get insulted by someone, or misinterpret someone and then it is all just a matter of time before the threads blows up.
Jun 27, 2017 4:00 PM

Sep 2016
pinkarray said:
I said no insulting because I don't know a whole lot of anime you guys know!

Watch more anime.

pinkarray said:
The only crap threads I made are usually about Evangelion! I never meant to insult anyone with any thread on the general forums

Why would you ever make a thread just to shit on a specific anime?

Jun 27, 2017 4:03 PM

May 2016
Yeah, no, OP, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Ranma 1/2, on its own, debunks the majority of your list.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 27, 2017 4:03 PM

Jun 2011

I watched 4 out of these, Wedding Peach, Escaflowne and Evangelion, hated both. And I don't think I care much for Kodomo no Omocha so far.

Jun 27, 2017 4:05 PM

Jun 2011
Darek said:
pinkarray said:

Yeah... but here is the thing, this is AD, you are probably gonna get insulted by someone, or misinterpret someone and then it is all just a matter of time before the threads blows up.

I was that there was more nice people in the world.

Zelkiiro said:
Yeah, no, OP, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Ranma 1/2, on its own, debunks the majority of your list.

Have not seen all of Ranma 1/2.

Noesnecesario said:
pinkarray said:
I said no insulting because I don't know a whole lot of anime you guys know!

Watch more anime.

pinkarray said:
The only crap threads I made are usually about Evangelion! I never meant to insult anyone with any thread on the general forums

Why would you ever make a thread just to shit on a specific anime?

Okay, but I do not watch anime all the time. I watch them occasionally.

And about crapping on Neon Genesis Evangelion, I have obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Jun 27, 2017 4:06 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Darek said:

you're making it sound like AD is the Salty Spittoon for the mentally deficient when you phrase it like this

Jun 27, 2017 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
Darek said:

you're making it sound like AD is the Salty Spittoon for the mentally deficient when you phrase it like this
I have no idea what that is but I assume it means AD is shit.

In that case I say it is.
Jun 27, 2017 4:11 PM

May 2014
Darek said:
pinkarray said:

If you want the thread to blow up just call for @CodeBlazeFate, he knows how to wreck threads like nothing else.
Jun 27, 2017 4:14 PM

Sep 2016
pinkarray said:
Okay, but I do not watch anime all the time. I watch them occasionally.

Don't worry, no one does. Just watch more different anime.

pinkarray said:
And about crapping on Neon Genesis Evangelion, I have obsessive-compulsive disorder.

No idea what that has to do with anything, but, have you seeked psychiatrich help already?

Jun 27, 2017 4:15 PM

Feb 2016
@Zapredon fight, another old anime elitist

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jun 27, 2017 4:20 PM

Jan 2013
I really have a hard time trying to figure out if this is a troll or not
Jun 27, 2017 4:22 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
pinkarray said:
These are my reasons on why I prefer classic anime to modern anime (and this is why I hate modern anime). I haven't seen a whole lot of anime so don't insult me if I made a mistake because I'm sorry, I don't watch a lot of anime!

1. They don't got very bratty characters in them. A lot of anime especially nowadays got tsunderes in them or just selfish, immature, whiny people. I like nice people, I don't like mean people.
2. They are more cheerful and optimistic. They can have funny and silly moments in them and moments that make me smile. Don't have to worry about a bunch of serious moments moments such as crying or fighting. I like people being happy, it makes me happy, too.
7. They have some action and story in them and are not just bland, storyless, all-over-the-place slice of life stories.

i'll just point these ones out because you know.. I'm who i am lol...

as the ecchilord i could DESTROY this one in 2 seconds... ecchi goes back to the 60s

uh.. where do you think modern anime got its clich'es, stock characters and stereotypes?

WRONG... just wrong.. moe is like.. from the very beginning of anime

pinkarray said:
I haven't seen a whole lot of anime so don't insult me if I made a mistake because I'm sorry, I don't watch a lot of anime!

good thing you said this, cause this list is complete bullshit..

theres absolutely NOTHING in modern anime that wasn't in old anime... you're cherry picking so hard its not even funny
Jun 27, 2017 4:23 PM

Jun 2017
You said you prefered classic anime but you gave a lot of old anime low scores. So this thread doesn't make so much sense.
IamnotsaofanJun 27, 2017 4:29 PM
Jun 27, 2017 4:24 PM

Apr 2016
You called? @Ericonator

Another goddamn modern version classic anime thread?! It's sad that I'm not even surprised.

To you, OP, I recommend a YouTube channel series called Anime Abandon. He will prove you so wrong on number 4 and to a lesser extent 8 (since not it's a fairy to see a modern anime not only be truly graphic but also uncensored)

Also, a lot of stories even nowadays are action series (usually nowadays, they're series that do in fact have a lot of action but aren't solely action-oriented). Re:Zero, Kabaneri (which is the one of the only two that is insanely action-based), Attack on Titan (the other one of two in this category), anything Fate related (even nowadays since there are so many that have come out this decade), Re:Creators, Hand Shakers, Big Order, Taboo Tattoo, The Asterisk War, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Hundred, Boruto, My Hero Academia, and I could go on with action shows from the past 3 years alone.
Jun 27, 2017 4:27 PM

Jun 2011
@SpaghettiSpike
@Ericonator

Please treat the thread nicely. I do not like to see people insulting others just because of their naivety or because they don't agree with their opinions on fictional stuff. I'm sorry but I don't watch a whole lot of anime and I would take sweet, happy, and action anime over story less, serious, and obscene anime

Jun 27, 2017 4:27 PM

Feb 2010
pinkarray said:
I haven't seen a whole lot of anime so don't insult me if I made a mistake because I'm sorry, I don't watch a lot of anime!

How does your thought process lead you from 'I know I have no idea what I'm talking about' to 'Let's make a thread about this!'?

I don't understand people sometimes. If you're aware you're just making bullshit generalizations without being able to back them up with actual data/experience, then why make them? This is actually worse than people legitimately being too stupid to realize that they are making bullshit generalizations. But you know and still decided this thread should exist. Shame on you, sir.

Also judging from your list like 95% of your 7+ rated anime are movies so you're basically judging the whole medium based on one subset of it that works very differently from the rest.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 27, 2017 4:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pullman said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

WRONG... just wrong.. moe is like.. from the very beginning of anime

Actually as far as I know the term only came up in the 90s and wasn't even a thing before that :>.

sure maybe the describing term "moe" did, but the concept of very cute underage girls in anime is old af lol

you troll
Jun 27, 2017 4:34 PM

Jun 2015
This is high quality retardation.

And with someone with an eva avatar, might as well count hypocritical.
Jun 27, 2017 4:34 PM

Feb 2010
EcchiLordMamster said:
Pullman said:

Actually as far as I know the term only came up in the 90s and wasn't even a thing before that :>.

sure maybe the describing term "moe" did, but the concept of cute af underage girls in anime is old af lol

you troll

well yeah lolis are older than the 90s but using that synonymously with moe is questionable. Moe means so much more than just cute girls. Like a specific kind of cuteness/attraction. If it was just cuteness in general it wouldn't need it's own term :>.
It means so much moe than cute girls ^^

the point being that when something doesn't even exist as a seperate concept yet it might still exist one way or the other if you analyze in retrospect, but you won't have producers asking for anime to be 'moe' or make a 'moe anime' when the term isn't even a thing yet. it won't be put there on purpose. So in that sense 80s and anime before didn't have 'moe'.
AlcoholicideJun 27, 2017 4:42 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 27, 2017 4:35 PM

Jun 2017
You said that you prefered classic anime. But you reviewed SEL a 4 because you didn't understand it.
Haha. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jun 27, 2017 4:40 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pullman said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

sure maybe the describing term "moe" did, but the concept of cute af underage girls in anime is old af lol

you troll

well yeah lolis are older than the 90s but using that synonymously with moe is questionable. Moe means so much more than just cute girls :(

im pretty sure the girls before the 80s would still be considered moe today lol... as someone who watches 80s anime, its pretty damn obvious where the moe trope came from
Jun 27, 2017 5:00 PM

Oct 2010
Akage no Anne ---> 5

I'm afraid to announce that your point has been considered invalid due to this huge incompatibility with Good Taste.

Other than that
SuperRed said:
Your reasons are wrong.

Jun 27, 2017 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
Saying these while also saying that you haven't seen a lot of anime...

No offense dude, but if you want to go and make these type of statements, you should have at least some amount of experience when it comes to anime watching...

Also I have to agree with @CodeBlazeFate but I also want to add that anime is more... varied, than in classic anime. There's a lot for different demographics and niches than ever. Of course, there's less variables for "certain" people, but you can't really call it BS when you think about it, somehow.
Jun 27, 2017 5:48 PM

May 2017
Hi, @pinkarray. I'm going to take you in the most positive context, and thank you for being one to give classic anime a chance. While I can't fault someone who doesn't like older art designs/dated music/whatever because it's all personal preference, it will inevitably lead someone to miss out on some great series.

That being said, there's always been good and bad shows. Trendsetters and copycats. Highbrow mindbenders and obviously cheap cash-ins. And of course, there's always been the classics vs modern argument, even back in the early 90s when all we had to argue on was Usenet newsgroups and Bulletin Board Systems. It's funny how the modern titles being called crap back then are considered classic anime today, even if only by age.

There are differences, of course - setting the obvious technical differences aside, because it wasn't the basis for your post - I think it's really difficult to compare different eras of anime in terms of more/less moe/fanservice/story quality/character quality/violence. This is because all shows, anime or not, are the product of their times. I remember, for example, the premiere of Blue Seed being criticized in Japan for being too violent for its time slot, but I doubt anyone would bat an eye over its content, today. The general consensus changes with the times.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've been hearing the same arguments that the classics were better, anime is dying, real fans only watch subs, anime is too violent/sexist, why are there no original ideas anymore, anime is too expensive, you have shit taste, casuals are ruining the industry, "Popular Anime X" is overrated so I will bash it like the other 90% of fans do, etc etc etc for decades, it never changes. It's great that you enjoy the classics but it's not really fair to stereotype modern anime the way you are, especially when it's really easy to argue in the same fashion but in reverse. Just find good shows and enjoy them regardless of age.
Phantasy_StarvedJun 27, 2017 5:52 PM
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Jun 27, 2017 6:37 PM

Dec 2012
pinkarray said:

I do know an anime I hate called Neon Genesis Evangelion that had some of these things in there, also Perfect Blue was too violent so they don't count.

1. Sorry but annoying characters in anime are universal regardless of age.
2. If you think this you must not not have seen very many movies or OVAs from the 80's and 90s.
3. Again not really true because of the above reason, in fact restrictions were lessened back then, no mysterious holy light of chastity to cover up the naughty bits
4. These classic shows are where the cliches originated so of course they're still there.
5. In the 80's and 90's, series actually ran longer and for many more seasons than the norm is today, overstaying their welcome much more often EX: Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, etc.
6. Maybe not to the level they have it now but cute things doing cute stuff was always around since early on.
7. This isn't really anything unique to older anime, you can find these types of titles now.
8. Again see reason 2 above. The 80s and 90s are known for violent content too.

Not that have anything against older anime in fact I advocate watching a variety of shows from every genre, demographic, or age that interests you. Just because there are new anime constantly coming out doesn't mean that there aren't good ones you might have missed. Conversely, I don't think burying my head figuratively in the sand of older titles is the right move either and one should at least try to find new titles to enjoy also. Boalance of both old and new is best.
KruszerJun 27, 2017 6:54 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 27, 2017 6:55 PM
Mar 2011
Kruszer said:
pinkarray said:

2. If you think this you must not not have seen very many movies or OVAs from the 80's and 90s.
3. Again not really true because of the above reason, in fact restrictions were lessened back then, no mysterious holy light of chastity to cover up the naughty bits
4. These classic shows are where the cliches originated so of course they're still there.
5. In the 80's and 90's, series actually ran longer and for many more seasons than the norm is today, overstaying their welcome much more often EX: Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, etc.
6. Maybe not to the level they have it now but cute things doing cute stuff was always around since early on.
7. This isn't really anything unique to older anime, you can find these types of titles now.

Not that have anything against older anime in fact I advocate watching a variety of shows from every genre, demographic, or age that interests you.

your point 3 is bs the censor them more sexualzized show in tv late night one s to sell home midia simple

while im ablianet to ecchi late night anime being cut like that is not the network its the studio wnating ot sell more dvd/br

somthing you fail ot see is in the 80's studios were alot less risk avrese than today

when was the last epic space Opra or super robot show

and moe is art style that is it and no the moe art style is new that is a fact
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 27, 2017 6:57 PM
Mar 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
Pullman said:

sure maybe the describing term "moe" did, but the concept of very cute underage girls in anime is old af lol

you troll

nope go bakc the to the 80's and the moe art style is alomst not there 90's also

Moe is an art style simple as that
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 27, 2017 7:00 PM
Mar 2011
anime these days are afied to tell a full story unlike the in 80's and 90''s

Jun 27, 2017 7:12 PM

Jun 2011
Kruszer said:
pinkarray said:

Not that have anything against older anime in fact I advocate watching a variety of shows from every genre, demographic, or age that interests you. Just because there are new anime constantly coming out doesn't mean that there aren't good ones you might have missed. Conversely, I don't think burying my head figuratively in the sand of older titles is the right move either and one should at least try to find new titles to enjoy also. Boalance of both old and new is best.

I don't avoid all new anime because that isn't fair. There are a few new anime I enjoy.
Brb said:
This is high quality retardation.

And with someone with an eva avatar, might as well count hypocritical.

Okay, it's high-quality autism. If you're going to talk to me, do it properly.

Iamnotsaofan said:
You said that you prefered classic anime. But you reviewed SEL a 4 because you didn't understand it.
Haha. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Who understands Lain anyway?

jal90 said:
Akage no Anne ---> 5

I'm afraid to announce that your point has been considered invalid due to this huge incompatibility with Good Taste.

Other than that
SuperRed said:
Your reasons are wrong.

I don't like the taste is crap thing because everyone has their own opinion.

Jun 27, 2017 7:28 PM

Apr 2017
invalid reasonings there will always be an annoying character in any anime

just quit it

still life: pink roses
Jun 27, 2017 7:35 PM

Jun 2011
sunako199 said:
invalid reasonings there will always be an annoying character in any anime

just quit it

Well everyone is annoying at some point in their lives. I'm not saying they should be perfect little goody-two-shoes because nobody is like that. But plain selfish and bratty characters make me hate them.

rvbrick said:
I generally prefer older anime (No nostalgia involved as I didn't grow up with it, I just prefer the art style and as a science fiction nut, the plots of a lot of older anime appeal to me way more than the average modern anime) but I have to say, your reasons aren't particularly valid.

Annoying characters are present in all eras of anime. Serious storytelling is present in most eras of anime (the earliest examples I can think of being the original Lupin series, where our hero acts like a criminal, and Space Battleship Yamato, where the narrator mentions the Earth is doomed at the end of every episode and people die left and right).

Ecchi mostly stayed out of anime before the OVA boom, so I'll give you that. At least, the super annoying kind of ecchi that makes anime look embarrassing.

There are most certainly cliches, stock characters, and stereotypes in all eras of anime. Granted, they're not as noticeable (because the market wasn't flooded with anime, and all of the worst offenders never got licensed/have never been fansubbed) but they're still there.

There are plenty of really long anime. Hell, there's also a lot of 40+ episode anime that could've told the exact same story in just 26 episodes (sorry, Space Pirate Captain Harlock).

Yes, there are far less "cute girls doing cute things" shows in the pre-digital era, barely any, really.

#7 is a huge generalization. Just because the majority of the run of the mill, made to sell Blu Rays anime are slice of life or bad LN adaptations doesn't mean that there aren't still good story driven shows still being made. But yes, there are less of them.

And #8... well, you could potentially have a point because EVA paved the way for the late-night anime with more graphic violence seen in the early 2000s, but Boogiepop Phantom counts as an "old anime" and it's the most graphic and unsettling anime I've ever seen.

...as usual with these kinds of threads, you have a point, but your own ignorance prevents you from expressing it clearly.

I know that there were some serious storytelling back in the old days but not to the point where I'd hate it like now.

Jun 27, 2017 7:41 PM

May 2017
Neither. They're both great in their own ways.

I can easily switch up from watching this (https://myanimelist.net/anime/1372/Taiho_Shichau_zo_1996?q=199) to this (https://myanimelist.net/anime/30276/One_Punch_Man?q=One%20) in a heartbeat. No need for choosing either or.
Jun 27, 2017 7:46 PM

Aug 2015
Modern anime will be called classics one day....
Jun 27, 2017 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
pinkarray said:

1. Some yes, but also old anime... Kasumi from Pokemon and Kagome from Inuyasha have annoying tsundere moments. They started < 2000 - 2000.

Okay and from what I already know from your list comments: you will judge and call everyone whiny, who cries or struggles.
It's not the character's fault from being "too human". It's about your point of view / the audience's empathy and accepting a character crying and having a break down, because he is human and not some sort of flawless hero.

There is also a big difference between a bratty tsundere and characters, who are mean sometimes. Even sunshine people aren't angels, you know.

You are very (far too) quick to judge others feelings, sry. Just give it a try to understand in the first place and judge in the second, will you? ^^"

2. Well I also watch Cowboy Bebop atm and lol...
There are tons of modern comedy anime out there. Don't like drama? Don't go for the drama? XD

3. Putting sex in a story is something different than Ecchi and fanservice.
A five minute implied or half-shown sex scene in a RL-film doesn't change the movie genre into porn either.
Contrariwise, some sex scenes are just beautiful, because of the beforehand built up relationship. If you root for a pair you are waiting for a(n aesthetic potrayed) sex scene or at least a kiss...
The problem with sex is the portrayal not the sex per se.
Anime don't must be childfriendly by all cost.
Aaaand sometimes people are just horny for each other tho. I'm no fan of it, but it's legitimate to portray a short sex scene out if those situations as well. Maybe to characterize one person better.

4. There were always cliches. People are telling fictional stories since ... dawn of mankind? XD The medium was comparatively new, the cliches were very old. The Japanese culture also had existed for thousands years and has its own mindset.
Btw, there the same motifs and archetypes all around the world anyway.

5. Huh!?

6. So many modern anime don't. Also I get your point there, because there is too much of it. But again: The problem is the portrayal, not cute characters in general.

7. You don't have to watch modern anime, if you don't like the style or whatever, but this is very unfair against the authors.

8. You said that they are all "storyless SOL" in 7. Now they are all gore? Not every SOL is School Days, you know. XD
and there is also fantasy... plenty of fantasy.
removed-userJun 27, 2017 8:59 PM
Jun 27, 2017 8:09 PM

Feb 2015
pinkarray said:

So anime years back don't follow archetypes or cliches? Interesting...

>sex

Wait... Wait... Wut?

You mean hentai?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 13 seconds ago

0 by Dominusew »»
13 seconds ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

66 by 23feanor »»
14 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
20 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

90 by Theo1899 »»
23 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9069 by anime-prime »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.