Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jun 27, 2017 12:35 PM

?? I don't know why but I somehow get the vibe that they are similar. so just by saying yes and no without going into spoilers is the story (not 18+) similar to Kuzu no honkai?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.

Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM
Read like 6 chapters (so far) but not really, at least as far as I'm reading. Although there's a slim similarity to it.

Jun 28, 2017 12:00 PM
I feel like this is similar to Delirium series... XD Idk. We'll see~

Jun 29, 2017 6:38 AM
I also somehow feel like the characters look alike... I've watched kuzu no honkai, and the only similarity's that both shows implie truth and lying, I guess

Jun 29, 2017 10:32 AM

I read to around chapter 120 and finished Kuzu no Honkai. Definately not.
If the anime doesn't deviate too much from manga, this should be a PG-13 anime.

Jun 29, 2017 10:45 AM

More like Nisekoi 2.0

Jun 30, 2017 8:18 AM

It's really not. It's like Nisekoi, but not funny and a tad more serious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 1, 2017 12:11 AM
i have no idea, but it seems the female lead is voiced by the same person, which is slightly uncomfortable.

Jul 1, 2017 9:36 PM
My question is, though: Is there yuri here?

Jul 2, 2017 1:59 AM

YourShoes said:
Nope, sadly. One character might be gay (not saying who), but it's already been 134 chapters in the manga and it's never been confirmed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 3, 2017 12:26 AM

The 2 female characters look like Hanabi and Mocha but I think that's where they similarities end.

Jul 3, 2017 2:03 AM

Koi to Uso isn't like Kuzu no Honkai, but the concept of high school romance is similar. KNH is very psychological and pans over very large ideas about adolescence and teen relationships, or problems (though quite exaggerated). While KTU is more of a lighter school romance genre than KNH.

Jul 3, 2017 6:18 AM

is not similar...I'm reading this manga and i can say that this is better

Jul 3, 2017 7:28 AM

Does this have sex/kissing scenes like Kuzu no Honkai ?! Thats the only think that will make me watch this shit

Jul 3, 2017 11:51 AM
thepath said:
Does this have sex/kissing scenes like Kuzu no Honkai ?! Thats the only think that will make me watch this shit

there's kissing but no sex.

Jul 3, 2017 6:04 PM

IMO not even close to Kuzu no Honkai..

Jul 3, 2017 6:06 PM
totaly different from 1st episode, like litteraly no similarities

Jul 3, 2017 6:28 PM
I got the same vibe too. The tone os completely different but for some reason they feel similar.

Jul 3, 2017 7:59 PM

I agree the aethistic seems pretty similar.... sorta like this teeny, angsty show

Jul 3, 2017 8:32 PM

Nope. Just read all the chapters that're out in English and it's far from that. It's basically Nisekoi 2.0... except it drags the "Story" even further. Honestly, better hope for an anime original ending to this.

Jul 4, 2017 12:25 AM
Not at all. Kuzu no Honkai's enemy was the person itself, with all the malice but beauty permeating its being. In Koi to Uso the enemy is the world, the system (which is arguably stable and bringing prosperity). But ultimately, the message stays the same.
Re:formed

Jul 4, 2017 10:43 AM
its nisekoi with kisses.
ayyy

Jul 6, 2017 6:46 AM
The two series have a annoying boring short haired bitch that only talk shit the whole series

Jul 6, 2017 6:53 AM

kirinonakano said:
The two series have a annoying boring short haired bitch that only talk shit the whole series

yeah .. every main love interest should be an abusive bitchy tsundere right?

anyway , the kind of characters you mentioned never win
so you can enjoy seeing them lose

Jul 6, 2017 9:40 AM
tragedydesu said:
kirinonakano said:

yeah .. every main love interest should be an abusive bitchy tsundere right?

anyway , the kind of characters you mentioned never win
so you can enjoy seeing them lose

No you are wrong,tsunderes abussives are a old trend,now the new trend are kind boring girls(most of the timed with Saori Hayami voices)that exist only to say how good the mc is,i eeally miss the good times of Zero no tsukaima and Oreimo

Jul 6, 2017 10:38 AM

tragedydesu said:
More like Nisekoi 2.0

Why are you forcing this retarded comparison? They are nothing alike.

Jul 6, 2017 10:40 AM
bastek66 said:
tragedydesu said:
More like Nisekoi 2.0

Why are you forcing this retarded comparison? They are nothing alike.

Yeah,Nisekoi its fun to watch

Jul 6, 2017 10:57 AM

Only reason people are comparing it to KnH is because of the the character design, because your typical casual viewers will go and instantly call 2 series similar if the characters happens to look similar.

Jul 6, 2017 1:47 PM
Paul said:
Only reason people are comparing it to KnH is because of the the character design, because your typical casual viewers will go and instantly call 2 series similar if the characters happens to look similar.

And because they are pretencious dog shit

Jul 6, 2017 2:00 PM

kirinonakano said:
Paul said:

No I thought it was similar because of the name lol..

Scum's wish/Love and Lies

It's fucking similar
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.

Jul 7, 2017 5:49 AM
Takamura-sama said:
kirinonakano said:

No I thought it was similar because of the name lol..

Scum's wish/Love and Lies

It's fucking similar

The two series make me hate the heroine seyuu

Jul 10, 2017 5:04 AM
Vyxira said:
YourShoes said:
Nope, sadly. One character might be gay (not saying who), but it's already been 134 chapters in the manga and it's never been confirmed.

It has been confirmed. He is bisexual, at least...no, probably not even bisexual, only homosexual. I got the impression he never took seriously his ex-girlfriends, and this is the first time he is seriously in love, but with a guy.
Modified by Ryutai, Jul 10, 2017 5:10 AM

Jul 10, 2017 5:07 AM
This isn't similar to Kuzu no honkai. Completely different stories, and I find this better. Plus, I like this one, while I don't like Nisekoi. Finally, Misaki and Hanabi DOESN'T share the same seiyuu.

Jul 10, 2017 8:34 PM

Kuzu no honkai was darker and had darker themes so far I don't get the vibe the are anything similar

Jul 10, 2017 8:51 PM

Even though they aren't similar, I also thought of Scum's Wish for some reason. Probably the design? Or maybe the story..

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.

Jul 10, 2017 8:56 PM

When I read the description, I wondered too. They both are about love, but their inability to get them. One being because it is unrequited, the other because the system forces it.
And plenty of lies and deceit. And as the name implies, this show has that.

It also happens to be implying cuckolding... In the case with kuzu... it is obvious, don't need to go any further. And in this, the system forces your love one to be with someone else. At least that was my initial impression. -OFC that didn't turn out to be the case.

But when you get to watch it, it is not remotely the same. This is much more happy at least from the anime. never read it, but i can be pretty confident based on the first episode alone.
KnH was good IMO because it went in to the darker themes. But this can be just as good if done right.

Kirinonanako, Hanabi is life, sorry Kirino is trash(JK, we all have our opinion)
but yea I didn't like Kirino, preferred Kuroneko or Ayase(yea that's right Saori hayami)
Kirino was too annoying for me. Ayase did had a soft voice, but she wasn't exactly.... nice. She was a bit tsundere herself, towards kyousuke.
As for my opinion of Hanabi, I like her for a number of reasons, while she have a soft voice, she is passive-aggressive, takes no shit from playboys, hints of possessiveness, not exactly stupid(god hate dumb characters) and well isn't exactly perfect and actively try to move on. I don't always like all these traits but it made her rather dynamic and enjoyable. And they meshed well, so I didn't mind.

Louise from ZnT was alright but meh. I like ZnT due to its story progression where each arc felt connected unlike most series and not really the characters. I did like Saito at first since he didn't take shit from Guiche or Louise. Ah I love that series, favorite light novel.
But man did the anime adaption ruin it.... Still it had a lot of good OST so that made up for it.
Modified by zcv45, Jul 10, 2017 9:03 PM

Jul 11, 2017 5:53 PM
Ryutai said:
This isn't similar to Kuzu no honkai. Completely different stories, and I find this better. Plus, I like this one, while I don't like Nisekoi. Finally, Misaki and Hanabi DOESN'T share the same seiyuu.

Yeah,but the two seyuus are annoyinh

Jul 11, 2017 6:07 PM
zcv45 said:
When I read the description, I wondered too. They both are about love, but their inability to get them. One being because it is unrequited, the other because the system forces it.
And plenty of lies and deceit. And as the name implies, this show has that.

It also happens to be implying cuckolding... In the case with kuzu... it is obvious, don't need to go any further. And in this, the system forces your love one to be with someone else. At least that was my initial impression. -OFC that didn't turn out to be the case.

But when you get to watch it, it is not remotely the same. This is much more happy at least from the anime. never read it, but i can be pretty confident based on the first episode alone.
KnH was good IMO because it went in to the darker themes. But this can be just as good if done right.

Kirinonanako, Hanabi is life, sorry Kirino is trash(JK, we all have our opinion)
but yea I didn't like Kirino, preferred Kuroneko or Ayase(yea that's right Saori hayami)
Kirino was too annoying for me. Ayase did had a soft voice, but she wasn't exactly.... nice. She was a bit tsundere herself, towards kyousuke.
As for my opinion of Hanabi, I like her for a number of reasons, while she have a soft voice, she is passive-aggressive, takes no shit from playboys, hints of possessiveness, not exactly stupid(god hate dumb characters) and well isn't exactly perfect and actively try to move on. I don't always like all these traits but it made her rather dynamic and enjoyable. And they meshed well, so I didn't mind.

Louise from ZnT was alright but meh. I like ZnT due to its story progression where each arc felt connected unlike most series and not really the characters. I did like Saito at first since he didn't take shit from Guiche or Louise. Ah I love that series, favorite light novel.
But man did the anime adaption ruin it.... Still it had a lot of good OST so that made up for it.

Well that is your generic,boring,opnion

Saori Hayami,Hanabi's seyuu and Hanazawa Kana sucks

Also
Kirino life, sorry Hanabi is pile of monkey shit covered with pig cuk(JK, we all have our opinion)
but yea I didn't like Hanabi, preferred having ebola

I hate Hanabi for so many reasons,she is boring,her voice is annoyig(she is so generic that i watch the whole anime thinking that is Saori Hayami),soft voices sucks,also no one in Kuzu no Honkai besides Moks have a personslity,they all pisses me off

Jul 12, 2017 12:27 AM

Completely different. And I'd say that I like this better. The key difference is that I have someone to root for here.

The characters in Koi no Uso seem to be reacting mostly reasonably within the government-arranged marriage system. Sure they were daring when it was just talking about not marrying, but when it really comes to it, they are all shocked that the main character got carried away and ran from the meeting. I think Lilina is really thoughtful and is genuinely passionate about learning about Yukari's love. I wish they would minus the fanservice scenes, but hey I guess I can't have everything. I'm #TeamLilina!

Kuzu no Honkai on the other hand, seem to be a huge gathering of people who deal with their problems in weird ways. People like that certainly do exist, but they are definitely rare, so having almost the entire cast like that is going to have issues. One of which is that I don't really care for the conclusion, because there isn't anyone to root for.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview

Jul 14, 2017 1:30 AM

tragedydesu said:
More like Nisekoi 2.0

Oh no that cant be good

Jul 17, 2017 12:54 PM

jerrrge said:
tragedydesu said:
More like Nisekoi 2.0

Oh no that cant be good

I guess it's closer to Nisekoi than Kuzu no Honkai, but I wouldn't really say these three shows have that much in common aside from the high school romance setting.

Jul 17, 2017 5:08 PM
Vyxria said:
YourShoes said:
telmo_trooper said:
jerrrge said:

Oh no that cant be good

I guess it's closer to Nisekoi than Kuzu no Honkai, but I wouldn't really say these three shows have that much in common aside from the high school romance setting.

did that "one character" liked misaki? coz i think he likes her

Jul 17, 2017 5:19 PM

chocojava14 said:
did that "one character" liked misaki? coz i think he likes her

I'm pretty sure the gay character they're talking about is:

Jul 18, 2017 2:21 PM
it's just the OST tbh (which i like a lot in kuzu and went to google who made koi right after i heard it), but same chara designs and love triangles

Preview MangaManga Store