Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you think anxiety is an emotion or a disorder?
Jun 26, 2017 6:03 PM

Dec 2012
Why do people with anxiety think it's a disorder rather than a emotion?

I hear people all the time say "I have anxiety" like it's a disability or something. They use it as some bad excuse to get out of social situations they didn't like being in. And the worse thing is they use the excuse more and more and more until they can't even have a normal conversation with their friends without getting anxious.

I don't see how the person expects to get better at socializing, the more often they avoid social situations. You ain't going to run faster sitting down, so how do you think socializing will get easier the more meds you eat and the more hours you clock up in your room?
TurnipJun 26, 2017 10:45 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2017 6:17 PM

Apr 2017
well it definitely can be a disorder... dont overthink it
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jun 26, 2017 6:20 PM

Apr 2017
I think everyone gets anxious but some people get anxious irrationally and I would say that that is a disorder
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jun 26, 2017 6:24 PM

Nov 2014
Turnip said:
I don't see how the person expects to get better at socializing

Why d'you assume people want to get better at socializing ? :v

Jun 26, 2017 6:29 PM
Feb 2017
I think some people are just genetically predisposed to higher amounts of anxiety than others. Might have something to do with individual GABA levels in the brain or it's receptor areas.
Jun 26, 2017 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
Ikaros_42oh said:
But why when we have a word for disorders (which is disorder)

You can easily say I have an anxiety disorder which distinguishes the difference. You can also say, I have bad anxiety which means you get worse anxiety than most people which again changes the word. Anxiety disorder and anxiety are not the same word because there's a whole other word in there to make the definition different. I don't think it's such a great idea to merge the two words together.

Let's say this, someone's nervous infront of me and they say they feel uncomfortable in crowds I'd say you get a bit of anxiety that's no problem. They might take it as they have a disorder which isn't true at all. A lot of people get anxious in crowds and since we squished the words together we made this person overthink their problem which is the absolute worse thing you could do to a person with anxiety because their problem is literally overthinking thing (being anxious/worried).

When I talk about anxiety with people now days I have to specify talking about an emotion rather than the disorder which I think is definitely playing a part in the increasing anxiety problem in the world.

Jun 26, 2017 6:43 PM

Apr 2017
Turnip said:
Ikaros_42oh said:
But why when we have a word for disorders (which is disorder)

You can easily say I have an anxiety disorder which distinguishes the difference. You can also say, I have bad anxiety which means you get worse anxiety than most people which again changes the word. Anxiety disorder and anxiety are not the same word because there's a whole other word in there to make the definition different. I don't think it's such a great idea to merge the two words together.

Let's say this, someone's nervous infront of me and they say they feel uncomfortable in crowds I'd say you get a bit of anxiety that's no problem. They might take it as they have a disorder which isn't true at all. A lot of people get anxious in crowds and since we squished the words together we made this person overthink their problem which is the absolute worse thing you could do to a person with anxiety because their problem is literally overthinking thing (being anxious/worried).

When I talk about anxiety with people now days I have to specify talking about an emotion rather than the disorder which I think is definitely playing a part in the increasing anxiety problem in the world.

yeah i mean i guess you can fuck around with semantics and such but i dont think what you call it really effects the person... most anxiety is about actions, not what you call them.

anxiety and anxiety disorder are different words wow nice thinker ya got there, how long did it take you to think that up?

Jun 26, 2017 7:01 PM

Jan 2009
none severe anxiety can just be called worrying

clinical anxiety that is labeled as more severe that can make people have poor functional life should be diagnose by professionals like clinical psychologist or psychiatrist

btw many mental medication like neuroleptics are tranquilizers so it tries to lessen emotion, so in a way mental illness is a emotional disorder too
Jun 26, 2017 7:05 PM

Dec 2014
It's basically a disorder that explodes your emotions lol
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Jun 26, 2017 7:12 PM

Mar 2008
How could you not know people shorten words?

anxiety = anxiety disorder
depression = depressive disorder
anorexia = anorexia nervosa
Jun 26, 2017 7:18 PM

Dec 2012
Ikaros_42oh said:
anxiety and anxiety disorder are different words wow nice thinker ya got there, how long did it take you to think that up?

In about about half a minute because it was coming off the top of my head and it's common sense and really just pointing out the obvious to you because I'm not sure if you really know the obvious.
Anyway without the childish remarks, think you could tell me why do you think anxiety is a disorder?

Jun 26, 2017 7:25 PM

Apr 2017
Turnip said:
Ikaros_42oh said:

In about about half a minute because it was coming off the top of my head and it's common sense and really just pointing out the obvious to you because I'm not sure if you really know the obvious.
Anyway without the childish remarks, think you could tell me why do you think anxiety is a disorder?

half a minute hmm isnt the obvious instant?

no
because i never said it is, i said it can be... way to read...

Jun 26, 2017 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
Ikaros_42oh said:
Yes the obvious is instant but I don't instantly type sentences, I had to make sure the sentence was simple and provocative enough to make sure it grabs your attention.

Ikaros_42oh said:

no

Alright dude, lemme rephrase this since that question might have came off as a little to hard to understand, why's anxiety a disorder?

Jun 26, 2017 8:20 PM

Apr 2017
Turnip said:
Ikaros_42oh said:
Yes the obvious is instant but I don't instantly type sentences, I had to make sure the sentence was simple and provocative enough to make sure it grabs your attention.

Ikaros_42oh said:

no

Alright dude, lemme rephrase this since that question might have came off as a little to hard to understand, why's anxiety a disorder?

well you can mosey your dumbass over to google and type in disorder medical definition and get "medical : a physical or mental condition that is not normal or healthy."
you really want me to explain how anxiety isnt normal and healthy?
ok well when it consumes your life enough it becomes abnormal yah?
and anxiety is very well known to cause health problems/shortened lifespan
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20120731/mild-anxiety-may-shorten-persons-life#1

Jun 26, 2017 8:22 PM

May 2013
Anxiety is something everybody has (whether a little or a lot), so obviously if someone says they have a disorder for it, that's subjective.

Personally I'll just believe them...

my teachers tried to say I had ADD in middle school and I straight up told them to go to hell like yo, I don't want any condition lol.

But if you say you have it I'll just accept that.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jun 26, 2017 8:31 PM

Dec 2012
Ikaros_42oh said:

That's not what I said, I said why is anxiety a disorder? Maybe I need to make this question more personal. Why is anxiety a disorder to you? Can you answer me that question?

Ikaros_42oh said:

I'm not talking about people with disorders, I'm specifically talking about the emotion/word anxiety here. I don't want to just only compare extreme cases as the definition.

Jun 26, 2017 8:40 PM

Apr 2017
Turnip said:
Ikaros_42oh said:

That's not what I said, I said why is anxiety a disorder? Maybe I need to make this question more personal. Why is anxiety a disorder to you? Can you answer me that question?

Ikaros_42oh said:

I'm not talking about people with disorders, I'm specifically talking about the emotion/word anxiety here. I don't want to just only compare extreme cases as the definition.

lmao you trolling bro? i just gave you the definition and how anxiety can fit it... its a disorder to me because it fits the definition. yes.

cant just exclude stuff like that... like the emotion is an emotion no shit but you wanted to know if it is a disorder, i said it can be, and proved it.

dont go f u l l r e t a r d on me now

Jun 26, 2017 8:49 PM
Feb 2017
xrockxz89 said:
Anxiety is something everybody has (whether a little or a lot), so obviously if someone says they have a disorder for it, that's subjective.

my teachers tried to say I had ADD in middle school and I straight up told them to go to hell like yo, I don't want any condition lol.

They used to give me amphetamine cause they said I was "ADD" and all it did was make me better at playing video games. Their plan backfired.
Jun 26, 2017 8:58 PM

Dec 2012
Ikaros_42oh said:

cant just exclude stuff like that... like the emotion is an emotion no shit but you wanted to know if it is a disorder, i said it can be, and proved it.
Okay, okay, okay maybe these questions were all too hard for you to understand and I'm sorry I'll reword it again.

Why do you think anxiety can be labelled as a disorder?

(because it's not a mental or physical condition, it's just a state of mind/emotion.)

Jun 26, 2017 9:02 PM

Apr 2016
i honestly believe it is both. anyone get anxiety in certain situations, but seeing as some people get anxious so much it's definitely seen as a disorder as well.

one flower that continues to struggle for
blossom is more beautiful than a gem

Jun 26, 2017 9:02 PM

Apr 2017
Turnip said:
Ikaros_42oh said:

Okay, okay, okay maybe these questions were all too hard for you to understand and I'm sorry I'll reword it again.

Why do you think anxiety can be labelled as a disorder?

(because it's not a mental or physical condition, it's just a state of mind/emotion.)

yeah that would make great sense if your state of mind wasnt what determines your mental condition over the long term

for like the 3rd time, anxiety can be labeled as a disorder because it can fit the definition

Jun 26, 2017 9:05 PM

Dec 2012
Ikaros_42oh said:

for like the 3rd time, anxiety can be labeled as a disorder because it can fit the definition

For fucks sake man, why? Why can it be labelled as such, stop skipping the explanation and only telling me your outcome. It can't fit the definition because anxiety isn't a condition it's a state of mind, extreme anxiety is a condition on the other hand.

Explain to me why it can be label as such. That's what I've been asking in every reply ever since we started talking and you are still ignoring it.

Jun 26, 2017 9:07 PM

May 2013
imeli said:
xrockxz89 said:

They used to give me amphetamine cause they said I was "ADD" and all it did was make me better at playing video games. Their plan backfired.

yeah I've taken a bit of adderal anyways lol and it does make you way better at gaming.

for some people though, it becomes a part of daily life... uhuhuhuhuhuuh
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jun 26, 2017 9:19 PM

Apr 2017
Turnip said:
Ikaros_42oh said:

For fucks sake man, why? Why can it be labelled as such, stop skipping the explanation and only telling me your outcome. It can't fit the definition because anxiety isn't a condition it's a state of mind, extreme anxiety is a condition on the other hand.

Explain to me why it can be label as such. That's what I've been asking in every reply ever since we started talking and you are still ignoring it.

anxiety over the long term is abnormal and unhealthy and is still a state of mind, thats how it can fit the definition as ive been saying.

Jun 26, 2017 9:44 PM
Feb 2017
xrockxz89 said:
imeli said:

yeah I've taken a bit of adderal anyways lol and it does make you way better at gaming.

for some people though, it becomes a part of daily life... uhuhuhuhuhuuh

I don't think I would mind it being a daily part of life if I haven't had to keep upping the dosage. It definitely feels good but at that point I knew I was gaining tolerance which would lead to addiction.
Jun 26, 2017 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
Ikaros_42oh said:
anxiety over the long term is abnormal and unhealthy and is still a state of mind, thats how it can fit the definition as ive been saying.
But again anxiety isn't the condition, it's the state they're in. So it's not a disorder, an anxiety disorder is a disorder. It's the disorder that makes the word a disorder.

The part that makes anxiety a disorder is the word disorder, that's the thing that makes it abnormal and unhealthy. Anxiety isn't abnormal or unhealthy but an anxiety disorder is.

So again I'll ask you, what do you think makes anxiety a disorder? I personally can't see a reason to call anxiety a disorder when we have a perfectly normal word we can add on called disorder to described the condition rather than the state of mind.

Jun 26, 2017 11:24 PM

Jun 2015
Anxiety isn't a disorder.
Everyone gets it.

It's when it's debilitating.
When you can't function.
But people think when their palms are sweaty with moms spaghetti they have a disorder.

Jun 27, 2017 12:18 AM

Nov 2014
Everything is a disorder today. You can't write? Disorder. You can't talk with others? Disorder. You are a loser and suck at everything? Disorder.
Personally I have no patience for those and I'd rather risk offending person that's really sick than playing it safe.
And it's coming from someone who fought with extreme shyness ("anxiety" lol) from early childhood.
Jun 27, 2017 12:57 AM

Dec 2016
Every single person feels anxious at one point in their life, so yeah it's an emotion anyone can feel.

When it becomes something that's affecting your everyday life, that makes trivial activities incredibly difficult or impossible and just overall reducing your quality of life then it's a chronic illness, and it's a disorder. So it's both. Either way, no matter the severity, anxiety is what it is. And it f***ing sucks.

Arguing over the words anxiety or anxiety disorder is just useless semantics lmao.

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Jun 27, 2017 1:12 AM

Feb 2015
Everything that differs from the established standard of a normal behavior is a disorder for most of people.
Jun 27, 2017 2:22 AM

Apr 2013
NanoRin said:
Every single person feels anxious at one point in their life, so yeah it's an emotion anyone can feel.

When it becomes something that's affecting your everyday life, that makes trivial activities incredibly difficult or impossible and just overall reducing your quality of life then it's a chronic illness, and it's a disorder. So it's both. Either way, no matter the severity, anxiety is what it is. And it f***ing sucks.

Arguing over the words anxiety or anxiety disorder is just useless semantics lmao.

/end thread.

srsly tho, it's both and there's no other way to go about it, op.

Terkhev said:
Everything is a disorder today. You can't write? Disorder. You can't talk with others? Disorder. You are a loser and suck at everything? Disorder.
Personally I have no patience for those and I'd rather risk offending person that's really sick than playing it safe.
And it's coming from someone who fought with extreme shyness ("anxiety" lol) from early childhood.

i mean you do you, but that's really not the case here. "anxiety disorder" isn't just something that the snowflake millennials came up with. current medical research even suggests that there is chemistry imbalance in the brain that impacts such disorders. plus how else can you categorize it? when someone has such bad anxiety that they have panic attacks, trouble breathing, shaking, and frequent suicidal thoughts, you can't just play it off.
my b if you're just tryna troll tho.
Jun 27, 2017 3:23 AM

Dec 2012
NanoRin said:
When it becomes something that's affecting your everyday life, that makes trivial activities incredibly difficult or impossible and just overall reducing your quality of life then it's a chronic illness, and it's a disorder
but what makes anxiety a disorder. I know people can suffer from anxiety to the point it turns into a disorder but what makes anxiety a disorder?

I mean we have something to describe disorders and the word is disorder. What's the point of labeling anxiety as a disorder, it's not, it's only an emotion.

can you show me some solid evidence as to why anxiety is a disorder? I mean anxiety can create a disorder but it's not the disorder, it's the emotion causing the disorder.

sutori said:

/end thread.

Same thing as above, it's one thing to say it, but it's another thing to prove it. Think you could show some proof/definitions of anxiety being called a disorder? I still don't think anxiety is a disorder whatsoever, it's still an emotion in my eyes and needs more descriptive words to make it a disorder.

Jun 27, 2017 3:37 AM

Feb 2017
I think anxiety and anxiety disorder are two different things. Everyone gets anxious or nervous sometimes, but people with an anxiety disorder feel that way at times when it doesn't make sense, or they often overthink little things until it seems like a huge deal to them.
Jun 27, 2017 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
Turnip said:
NanoRin said:
When it becomes something that's affecting your everyday life, that makes trivial activities incredibly difficult or impossible and just overall reducing your quality of life then it's a chronic illness, and it's a disorder
but what makes anxiety a disorder. I know people can suffer from anxiety to the point it turns into a disorder but what makes anxiety a disorder?

I mean we have something to describe disorders and the word is disorder. What's the point of labeling anxiety as a disorder, it's not, it's only an emotion.

can you show me some solid evidence as to why anxiety is a disorder? I mean anxiety can create a disorder but it's not the disorder, it's the emotion causing the disorder.

sutori said:

/end thread.

Same thing as above, it's one thing to say it, but it's another thing to prove it. Think you could show some proof/definitions of anxiety being called a disorder? I still don't think anxiety is a disorder whatsoever, it's still an emotion in my eyes and needs more descriptive words to make it a disorder.

i'm not about to spend an hour finding documented proof off google or link you to some academic journals but how about this:
google defines medical disorder as "a physical or mental condition that is not normal or healthy."
i have a friend who suffers through all the symptoms i've described. she tried to take her own life, and the only reason why she didn't succeed is due to others finding her before it was too late. her anxiety disorder is so bad that she can't help but lock herself up in her house for days, out of the blue, because as soon as she steps outside, she gets so anxious that she is filled with self hate & doubt that she wonders why she's still alive. she hyperventilates, can't breathe, can't stop crying, and can barely move because she's almost paralyzed with fear. in order to suppress these attacks, she takes medication for it and it helps relieve many of her symptoms.
now take you and me. sure, we have our anxious moments. but does our anxiety affect our daily life as much as it does to hers? i may feel so anxious about a situation that i feel like throwing up or lost a full night's sleep over it, but would simply leaving my house fill me with such fear and insecurity that i want to take my own life? no. anxiety to such a degree is not "healthy" nor does it occur to the majority of the population, thus it's not "normal" either. it's a disorder.
sutoriJun 27, 2017 4:11 AM
Jun 27, 2017 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
sutori said:

i'm not about to spend an hour finding documented proof off google or link you to some academic journals but how about this:
google defines medical disorder as "a physical or mental condition that is not normal or healthy."

I'm not talking about the definition of a disorder. I'm talking about anixety meaning anxiety disorder. I haven't seen anything that really states it's anything more than a state of worry, nervousness or unease.

sutori said:

i have a friend who suffers through all the symptoms i've described. she tried to take her own life, and the only reason why she didn't succeed is due to others finding her before it was too late. her anxiety disorder is so bad that she can't help but lock herself up in her house for days, out of the blue, because as soon as she steps outside, she gets so anxious that she is filled with self hate & doubt that she wonders why she's still alive. she hyperventilates, can't breathe, can't stop crying, and can barely move because she's almost paralyzed with fear. in order to suppress these attacks, she takes medication for it and it helps relieve many of her symptoms.
now take you and me. sure, we have our anxious moments. but does our anxiety affect our daily life as much as it does to hers? i may feel so anxious about a situation that i feel like throwing up or lost a full night's sleep over it, but would simply leaving my house fill me with such fear and insecurity that i want to take my own life? no. anxiety to such a degree is not "healthy" nor does it occur to the majority of the population, thus it's not "normal" either. it's a disorder.

I mean that's a sad story and all but it still doesn't really explain anxiety being a disorder. I know anxiety disorders exists, I'm perfectly aware of that. But I don't believe anxiety is a disorder the word doesn't mean the same thing. Anxiety is only an emotion/state of mind.

Jun 27, 2017 4:16 PM

Dec 2007
When it prevents you from living a normal life, is continous and you clearly suffer from it, meeting the specific criterea to be diagnosable, it's labeled as a disorder.

DeadIEndJun 27, 2017 4:23 PM
Jun 27, 2017 4:24 PM

Feb 2014
im terrified of pressing the damn button to open a train door and of asking someone to move so i can get past them lol
anxiety isnt something you can get over so easily like i once had to ask a hoard of drunk guys on a train to move and ofc they started talking to me
and i almost died i swear
Jun 27, 2017 4:37 PM

Apr 2014
Some edgelord doesn't understand anxiety and asks people on an internet forum to answer a question that could easily be answered by doing a quick Google search. Nothing interesting here. Moving along.
Jun 27, 2017 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
DeadIEnd said:
When it prevents you from living a normal life, is continous and you clearly suffer from it, meeting the specific criterea to be diagnosable, it's labeled as a disorder.

But it's not labelled as anxiety, it then labelled as an anixety disorder, doesn't it? Because anxiety doesn't inherently mean it's a disorder, you need to add more to the word for it to mean a disorder.
Ryagan said:
Some edgelord doesn't understand anxiety and asks people on an internet forum to answer a question that could easily be answered by doing a quick Google search. Nothing interesting here. Moving along.

I've said this plenty times in the thread. I honestly think I'm just repeating myself at this point since most of you still haven't answered it correctly without dodging my question.

I know anxiety disorders exist, yes I'm perfectly aware of that. But I don't understand how anxiety (the state/emotion) can mean an anxiety disorder without bastardizing the word (thanks @Unconcerned I was trying to find that word).

Under no official dictionary I've read it states anxiety means they've got an anxiety disorder. Never, not once. I know anxiety disorders exist, but that's not what anxiety means, anxiety does not mean the person has an anxiety disorder.

It's the word disorder makes the word disorder a disorder.

please stop making me repeat myself
TurnipJun 27, 2017 5:20 PM

Jun 27, 2017 5:24 PM

Nov 2009
Turnip said:
I know anxiety disorders exist, yes I'm perfectly aware of that. But I don't understand how anxiety (the state/emotion) can mean an anxiety disorder without bastardizing the word
Most, if not all mood disorders (and anxiety-related disorders which for all intents and purposes fall under the same branch), are essentially just extreme expressions of a mood state / emotion / whatever.

Their really isn't a clear line where This much = Anxiety, This much = Anxiety Disorder. The line drawn to determine when it is diagnosable as a disorder is relatively arbitrary, albeit needed since anxiety severe enough should warrant one the ability to seek profession help - help they would most likely be unable to get without health insurance.

Another example would be depression; I can say "I'm depressed", but that does not mean I have Major Depressive Disorder does it?
Jun 27, 2017 5:36 PM

Jun 2015
A good indicator that you have abnormal anxiety are frequent panic attacks
If you never experienced them before you cannot relate to it all. It is next level dread with no reasoning behind it. It is easily distinguishable from say performance anxiety. It is like the fear of being chased by a feral animal except there is no animal chasing you lol
AquaJun 27, 2017 5:39 PM
Jun 27, 2017 5:41 PM

Jul 2015
I think anxiety is a disorder and people can take medication for it, but it's also normal to feel the emotion of anxiety sometimes. So both!
Jun 27, 2017 5:46 PM

Dec 2007
Turnip said:
DeadIEnd said:

But it's not labelled as anxiety, it then labelled as an anixety disorder, doesn't it? Because anxiety doesn't inherently mean it's a disorder, you need to add more to the word for it to mean a disorder.

I think it's a way of shortening the sentence that depends on the connotation.
When someone says 'I have anxiety', most people will think they mean 'I have an anxiety [disorder]'. However, if they'll say 'I am very anxious at the moment', you'll know it's a temporary emotion.
It's all about wording and proper tense use.
DeadIEndJun 27, 2017 5:53 PM
Jun 27, 2017 5:56 PM

Dec 2012
DeadIEnd said:
Turnip said:

I think it's a way of shortening the sentence that depends on the connotation.
When someone says 'I have anxiety', most people will think they mean I have an anxiety [disorder]. However, if they'll say 'I am very anxious at the moment', you'll know it's a temporary emotion.
It's all about wording and proper tense usage.
I will still think the person only is experiencing temporary state of mind. I'm sorry I don't butcher the english dictionary to fit a misused word in the sentence.

If someone says I have anxiety, I would be thinking recently they've being feeling anxious/nervous or uneasy. If someone says I have depression, I would be thinking recently they've being feeling unhappy and sad/depressed.

But some people in the room would think they have a disorder which completely goes against the definition and skews it into another category a much more severe one.

It's normal for people to get depression or anxiety. But thanks to the bastardization of words people with think they have disorders.

I just want some evidence that shows the word meaning it's a disorder because it doesn't mean it at all. People are just misusing it in that context, which I don't think is very useful since it kinda of covers up the emotion as a problem rather than an emotion that everyone gets.

Jun 27, 2017 6:04 PM

Apr 2013
Turnip said:

I mean that's a sad story and all but it still doesn't really explain anxiety being a disorder. I know anxiety disorders exists, I'm perfectly aware of that. But I don't believe anxiety is a disorder the word doesn't mean the same thing. Anxiety is only an emotion/state of mind.

i don't understand where you're coming from? if you acknowledge the fact that there is "anxiety disorder", a mental condition/illness that is wholly different than "feeling anxious", how can you not believe in anxiety as a disorder?
what you're arguing is the semantics, but what's the point of focusing on that when the bigger picture (and the answer to your original question) is that anxiety as a passing emotion is so much more different than it as a disorder?
like yeah, when people say they have "anxiety", they mean they feel anxiety. when people say they have "an anxiety disorder" it means they have the medical condition. what else do u want? like no matter how much you repeat yourself, you're not conveying your point.
Jun 27, 2017 6:16 PM

Dec 2007
@Turnip
There's the dictionary, and there's the common language people agree on depending on what they hear from their surroundings and their culture...

If you'll translate 'I have anxiety' in my native tongue most people will understand I am anxious at the moment. However in spoken English it's different compared to my language.
There is the dictionary- which you can call the literate way of saying things (deriving from the word literature) and there's the common day to day language which is based on social norms of saying things- there you can use slang for example.

Correct me if I'm wrong..
I think most people on this thread are having a hard time understanding what do you mean exactly based on your points in your posts.
DeadIEndJun 27, 2017 6:20 PM
Jun 27, 2017 6:19 PM

Jun 2015
mediocre bait thread. The "haha how is anxiety and depression even real nigga hahahahahah" meme is kind of old now.
Jun 27, 2017 6:21 PM

Dec 2007
Comfy- said:
mediocre bait thread. The "haha how is anxiety and depression even real nigga hahahahahah" meme is kind of old now.

You completely missed her point though.
Jun 27, 2017 6:24 PM

Jun 2015
DeadIEnd said:
Comfy- said:

her moving the goalposts to avoid getting shit on dosnt mean i missed her original point fam
Jun 27, 2017 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
DeadIEnd said:
Correct me if I'm wrong..
I think most people on this thread are having a hard time understanding what do you mean exactly based on your points in your posts.

Uhhh, don't worry dude that totally wasn't intention. I didn't mean to make it look like I was talking about how there's no such thing as anxiety disorders in my opening post... No way, that can't be me!

Comfy- said:
DeadIEnd said:

her moving the goalposts to avoid getting shit on dosnt mean i missed her original point fam
I think you might be tangled up there.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 20 minutes ago

2 by Theo1899 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

52 by Meusnier »»
12 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

53 by Lost_Viking »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

24 by Theo1899 »»
30 minutes ago

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

7 by Theo1899 »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.