Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2017 2:56 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So, that's the end. Gutted it was so short, but pleased the author didn't cop out with some sort of cheap resolution. I like the bittersweet ending, but feel there's so much more that could have been explored concerning the Fishbowl Man. The first seven chapters were near faultless, and the artwork was always fabulous.

I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jul 10, 2017 1:49 AM
Dec 2014
Great ending. I also wish the series could've continued for a while but at least the ending didn't really feel out of place or cheesy, it fit in well with the tone of the work and I thought it was awesome even though it was SAD and I usually hate sad endings ;(.

Why are there 11 chapters listed for this manga if ch10 seems to be the ending, btw?
Jul 12, 2017 9:57 AM

Jul 2008
neck said:
Great ending. I also wish the series could've continued for a while but at least the ending didn't really feel out of place or cheesy, it fit in well with the tone of the work and I thought it was awesome even though it was SAD and I usually hate sad endings ;(.

Why are there 11 chapters listed for this manga if ch10 seems to be the ending, btw?

The chapter count likely includes Chapter 0, which acted as a bridge between the first series and the sequel when it resumed publication.
Jul 12, 2017 4:56 PM
Dec 2014
Touka said:
The chapter count likely includes Chapter 0, which acted as a bridge between the first series and the sequel when it resumed publication.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.
Jul 28, 2017 8:44 PM

Jul 2008
Now I can read a translated version of the afterword, seems as though the author was cut short again. Sounds like manga was ended prematurely by the publisher, because Abe-sensei couldn't stick to the deadlines and took too long with each chapter. I did notice the schedule became very inconsistent during the latter chapters. At least he was able to end the manga without it seeming too abrupt, but it really sucks the story wasn't able to reach its full potential. This is probably one of the most original and quirky series I have ever read. Looking forward to Abe Youichi's next work.
Aug 16, 2017 8:10 AM

Feb 2008
The cameo of various characters from Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidone suru was a nice touch. Overall, it was an ok surrealistic experience. Enjoyed the art and the aesthetics, but the story was somewhat of a localized mess. I wish that the relationship between Kousuke and Ringo was more fleshed out and developed, since Takehito and Mika hit it well off, and they are merely supporting characters, while the main pairing got some vague partner relationship and the meh bittersweet ending. Also, how is Anzu supposed to take care of her child with that arm ;_;.

Mar 16, 2021 12:06 PM

Jun 2016
That was amazing. I was a little let down on the first part but this one was... amazing. The artwork gave the hugest leap in quality I've ever had the pleasure to experience. Loved every chapter, loved the gigantesque climax and "final battle" tension in the air. The two-page panels were probably my favourite thing here, such good art, and such a great ending.

Sep 16, 2022 2:31 AM

May 2015
The ending as whole that it needed sacrifice and good will not always win are fine if done right. But i'm kind of 50/50 on this whole end.
But the start of this last chapter kind of sucked. Symbiotic relationship? I get it, but no thank you.
If they can't kill it, then what about capturing him and keeping him in some kind of "prison"? Or what if they capture or kill that goldfish not his whole body or that fishbowl? What about using that Poi on that goldfish?
Wasn't there other way to deal with it? Maybe there were, but as author stated it in last note that he didn't had time to put out all he wanted.
But while not liking the start of this last chapter, i was fine with the very end of it. Kind of romantic but sad, and all that.
EnemijsSep 16, 2022 2:35 AM
Sep 17, 2023 9:12 AM

May 2020
Damn, what a depressing ending. All those people died and it was inevitable that Ringo was going to have to revive Fishbowl. Also kind of sick that the relationship between the Blood Divers and Fishbowl will have to continue forever.

Overall, it was definitely a fun read. The universe was wacky as hell and I really liked the manga's offbeat humor.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

3 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 17, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2016

2 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

1 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:50 AM

Poll: » Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

1 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko Chapter 7 Discussion

Touka - Jul 27, 2016

0 by Touka »»
Jul 27, 2016 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.