Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 25 Discussion


Jun 27, 2017 2:53 AM

Online
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19963
Cream_Soda said:
Skin_so_Soft said:
howww can they finish the season if the race is not over yet??


Not enough source material
Except next season was already announced.
 
Jun 27, 2017 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8562
Season 4 omg 😲 ahhhhhh 😍
 
 
Jun 27, 2017 11:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1106
Is season 4 confirmed in an official source?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 27, 2017 11:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 8
pgmhecateii said:
YowaPeda is getting 4th season? Man, I wish Kuroko or Haikyuu were getting that season....disappointed.


I'm sure that Haikyuu is getting a 4th season, but the manga doesn't have enough material for the anime, I think that they'll wait till the nationals end.
And Kuroko didn't get a 4th season because I heard that it ended the same as the manga so there's no point on doing a 4th season.

Also, I love to watch YowaPeda while I'm waiting for Haikyuu to be aired. I really love Onoda!
 
Jun 27, 2017 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1165
Stopping was utterly stupid. Manami's chain breaking wasn't Teshima's fault in the slightest, so there was no reason to stop. Words and gratitude from the rival means no jack in this situation. Words aren't results. And the result is, he ended up putting his whole team at an even greater disadvantage now and let that abs weirdo get even more cocky. One hell of effort wasted twice, with nothing to show for it - no, not just that, Sohoku is at one hell of a disadvantage now, even.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
 
Jun 27, 2017 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 238
ReaperCreeper said:
Cream_Soda said:


Not enough source material
Except next season was already announced.


Yes, and if they started it now, it'd be a really short season, lol
 
Jun 27, 2017 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 238
CG said:
Stopping was utterly stupid. Manami's chain breaking wasn't Teshima's fault in the slightest, so there was no reason to stop. Words and gratitude from the rival means no jack in this situation. Words aren't results. And the result is, he ended up putting his whole team at an even greater disadvantage now and let that abs weirdo get even more cocky. One hell of effort wasted twice, with nothing to show for it - no, not just that, Sohoku is at one hell of a disadvantage now, even.



Not really, the team's morale went up, not down when they saw the result. If they were dejected/lowered morale, you'd have a point.

There's only the mental aspect to it. Teshima winning that wouldn't have made his team physically stronger or any faster vs Hakogaku.

You could technically argue that if he kept riding as hard as he could, he may have taken the check point, but Onoda wouldn't have caught up to him to catch him falling, and winning the checkpoint but losing a member for 2 out of the 3 days of the race is going to put you in a much lower position than simply what happened (which actually raised the morale of the team)
 
Jun 27, 2017 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 160
one side of myself can totally say that hats off for that performance of teshima.

meanwhile the other side would say what a stupid thing to do in the middle of racing.

regardless, i am getting very pumped with episode and i like it very much.
i already consider teshima to be beyond normal for a while since he actually surpassed a lot of well known climber in previous episode, however, the biggest achievement of them all would be the fact that he won manami's respect.

another thing would be the improvement of sugimoto, can't believe he is the guy which always skeptical on many thing would be able to stay positive until the very end, this guy also gained a huge boost of development since the first year race.

as for hakogaku, don't seem to learn from previous year defeat which is underestimating sohoku. izumida should've learned something considering he lost in previous year IH but instead, he is getting cocky and currently in a state of arrogance, i don't know whether he want to keep image of strong hakogaku or what but he need to really cast aside that stupid facade, the fact that they are unaware that the defeat of teshima boosted sohoku's morale instead would be at play later on.
this year hakogaku seems like a bunch of overconfidence guys compared to previous year. well, the previous one also cocky but i for some reason can't like the current one as much as the previous one. they seems to forgot that previous year despite all the problem, sohoku stand on top.

meanwhile for kyoto fushimi, i actually kinda like it that now midosuji don't need to do everything alone since i can't accept the fact that previous year he lost because his teammates was not as good as sohoku and hakogaku and yet he still go toe to toe with their ace until the broken teeth crap happened, the guy is a monster.
these guys said " i want to go to heaven ". they didn't even realise their action is leading them to hell.
 
Jun 27, 2017 8:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 238
dend08 said:
one side of myself can totally say that hats off for that performance of teshima.

meanwhile the other side would say what a stupid thing to do in the middle of racing.

regardless, i am getting very pumped with episode and i like it very much.
i already consider teshima to be beyond normal for a while since he actually surpassed a lot of well known climber in previous episode, however, the biggest achievement of them all would be the fact that he won manami's respect.

another thing would be the improvement of sugimoto, can't believe he is the guy which always skeptical on many thing would be able to stay positive until the very end, this guy also gained a huge boost of development since the first year race.

as for hakogaku, don't seem to learn from previous year defeat which is underestimating sohoku. izumida should've learned something considering he lost in previous year IH but instead, he is getting cocky and currently in a state of arrogance, i don't know whether he want to keep image of strong hakogaku or what but he need to really cast aside that stupid facade, the fact that they are unaware that the defeat of teshima boosted sohoku's morale instead would be at play later on.
this year hakogaku seems like a bunch of overconfidence guys compared to previous year. well, the previous one also cocky but i for some reason can't like the current one as much as the previous one. they seems to forgot that previous year despite all the problem, sohoku stand on top.

meanwhile for kyoto fushimi, i actually kinda like it that now midosuji don't need to do everything alone since i can't accept the fact that previous year he lost because his teammates was not as good as sohoku and hakogaku and yet he still go toe to toe with their ace until the broken teeth crap happened, the guy is a monster.


I mean, he is cocky, but he's definitely not underestimating them. He's using every trick in his book because he knows they are a threat. I mean he even went as far as to go out of his way to get Onoda swallowed by the pack.

His persona/words are cocky for sure, but his actions are not those of one who is underestimating his opponent
 
Jun 27, 2017 8:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6827
pgmhecateii said:
YowaPeda is getting 4th season? Man, I wish Kuroko or Haikyuu were getting that season....disappointed.
YowaPeda's studio and producers are different from Kuroko and Haikyuu's. Kuroko's adaptation is done since it adapted everything from the manga and Haikyuu needs more manga chapters to come out to have enough content for a two-cour season.
 
Jun 27, 2017 9:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1165
Cream_Soda said:
Not really, the team's morale went up, not down when they saw the result. If they were dejected/lowered morale, you'd have a point.

There's only the mental aspect to it. Teshima winning that wouldn't have made his team physically stronger or any faster vs Hakogaku.

You could technically argue that if he kept riding as hard as he could, he may have taken the check point, but Onoda wouldn't have caught up to him to catch him falling, and winning the checkpoint but losing a member for 2 out of the 3 days of the race is going to put you in a much lower position than simply what happened (which actually raised the morale of the team)
I still have a point because it's not like Hakogaku plays crystal fair themselves - refer to what they did so that Onoda couldn't compete for the mountain crown (and this isn't even the first time Hakogaku didn't observe fair play if you remember what Fukutomi did to Kinjou, costing Sohoku the race). There wouldn't have been any unfairness if Sohoku paid back in kind - by Teshima NOT stopping, especially considering that he had absolutely NOTHING to do with Manami's trouble, not to mention didn't bring any physical harm to the opponent.

Next, who's to say Teshima would've fallen if he won. He could've gotten second breath on the wave of the happiness and adrenaline from winning to keep him on his bike. Since we're talking about an if scenario, it makes this guess of mine just as likely as yours, so what you suggested isn't really an argument here.
Modified by CG, Jun 27, 2017 9:51 PM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
 
Jun 27, 2017 10:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 238
CG said:
Cream_Soda said:
Not really, the team's morale went up, not down when they saw the result. If they were dejected/lowered morale, you'd have a point.

There's only the mental aspect to it. Teshima winning that wouldn't have made his team physically stronger or any faster vs Hakogaku.

You could technically argue that if he kept riding as hard as he could, he may have taken the check point, but Onoda wouldn't have caught up to him to catch him falling, and winning the checkpoint but losing a member for 2 out of the 3 days of the race is going to put you in a much lower position than simply what happened (which actually raised the morale of the team)
I still have a point because it's not like Hakogaku plays crystal fair themselves - refer to what they did so that Onoda couldn't compete for the mountain crown (and this isn't even the first time Hakogaku didn't observe fair play if you remember what Fukutomi did to Kinjou, costing Sohoku the race). There wouldn't have been any unfairness if Sohoku paid back in kind - by Teshima NOT stopping, especially considering that he had absolutely NOTHING to do with Manami's trouble, not to mention didn't bring any physical harm to the opponent.

Next, who's to say Teshima would've fallen if he won. He could've gotten second breath on the wave of the happiness and adrenaline from winning to keep him on his bike. Since we're talking about an if scenario, it makes this guess of mine just as likely as yours, so what you suggested isn't really an argument here.


The fairness point really has nothing to do with anything I posted. There's nothing to argue there. That's a discussion I wasn't part of. My only point there was that losing didn't put his team at the physiological disadvantage. They all got fired up and inspired.

Less likely than so. The fact that he's using the adrenaline to get to that finish line (as he was way past his limit) copuled w/ the fact he still would have been pushing but not have gotten that break would logically make him more likely to fall, not less.
 
Jun 28, 2017 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14995
End this large and boring season with anotheerr disspointing episode...... the goal mountain was winner by Manami, but unjustly...Fair play? i can not stop to smile!!! was this episode a joke? yes, sorry but in the competition world if you have a mistake/error your rivals F**G you without piety!!!!
In this first day, the "yellows" tactics was horrible!!! wear down riders for win nothing and this is not finish and there are two days more, but for this we can wait to the next season!!!!

I hope to the next season return to the "cruelty", "drama" and "enjoy" of the first to seasons, because this was to me a DISAPOINTING!!!!

4/10.


Hello, my litte boy!


 
Jun 28, 2017 6:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 11047
I only wish Onoda would have arrived right when they were stopped and it could have been a 3 way race.
 
Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 4
Cream_Soda said:
That was a great episode. Glad I didn't spoil myself on the manga last week (I tried but it wasn't translated yet lmao).

I'm inspired now. Gotta hit the gym hard the next month so I can bring my Izumida back to Metrocon this year (haven't done him in a few cons now)


Hey your the guy that made me find Hibike Euphonium after clicking on your profile (after seeing that Frank/Andy cosplay!!). Thanks man :)

Great finale, made me want to go destroy some hills.
 
Jun 28, 2017 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1067
I am so pleases with this finale! Plus the 3 are visiting! Oh yeaaa! I kept on shouting while watching! Now I should restrain myself not to read the manga. Haha! Great ride Teshima!! Your ride reached Sohoku! Even to Kaburag felt it! 🙆🏻 He might have lost the title of the mountains but he has earned the respect of the people around him! That's a greater honor one can receive!
 
Jun 28, 2017 11:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 238
vestas said:
Cream_Soda said:
That was a great episode. Glad I didn't spoil myself on the manga last week (I tried but it wasn't translated yet lmao).

I'm inspired now. Gotta hit the gym hard the next month so I can bring my Izumida back to Metrocon this year (haven't done him in a few cons now)


Hey your the guy that made me find Hibike Euphonium after clicking on your profile (after seeing that Frank/Andy cosplay!!). Thanks man :)

Great finale, made me want to go destroy some hills.


Woooo glad you liked Euphonium!
 
Jun 29, 2017 1:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2276
I mean this was good, I just really liked the previous movie/seasons more.

7/10
 
Jun 29, 2017 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 776
Black_wind said:

...
Well,at least he got no.1 in official Yowapeda character popularity poll two times,lol
...
I got exactly what i wanted from this season...and that is more Junta screentime. He was my fave since the time they rode at the training camp in 1st season and i wanted more people to understand how amazing he is.


I'm actually happy to hear Teshima won a popularity poll at the very least. xD;;;
I was so heartbroken to see him lose, but to see him win a popularity poll really lifted my spirits.

Gosh my respect for Teshima skyrotted that I ended up purchasing I key chain of him on AmiAmi.
 
Jun 29, 2017 8:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
While its a shame Teshima didn't win in the end, I was pleasantly glad Onoda didn't catch up before the mountain goal. I was glad that Teshima decided to wait for Manami and take the high road (no pun intended) of having a fair fight. I'm so glad the plot DIDN'T go as I expected it to.

To be honest, when I saw Manami's bike chain come loose and Teshima sped on, despite the smaller part of my conscience considering how it'd feel to win through just luck (luck is part of ones ability as well!!), I was full-heartedly rooting for him to make use of that chance and just keep going. But I'm glad he had the strength to make the decision he did.

Seriously, Teshima has earned much deserved respect from me in these past few episodes. And he definitely deserves more credit for his determination and strength as a leader than he gives himself.

I've enjoyed YowaPedal since the beginning and enjoyed watching the characters grow but never really had any one particular favorite character tbh. Today I've found at least one.

Looking forward to Season 4 :)
 
Jun 30, 2017 1:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1194
You know i wanted to give it a 9 (while my first 2 seasons were 10s) but after this episode its indisputable 10 for me. My favorite scene of the season perhaps is when Makishima was returning back, greeted by Kinjou, i like how he high-fived him. And who was waiting for them in the car? Tadokoro :D Also cant believe they were waiting for him for 6 hours (That's some really great friends :D) Tadokoro human train driving xD OXYGEN...

And my second part again maybe of entire season is when Teshima stopped. Damn dude you are the best. Huge props to Teshima for such insane fair play. As he said once he saw Manami struggling because of technical problems his legs couldnt pedal anymore... No one would've said anything to him if he continued cycling just like some spectators said that he wouldn't have waited if it were him, but Teshima did and that's why Teshima is such an awesome guy. Not many people would've kept going after losing so much but Teshima did and that's the reason Manami started liking and respecting him a lot. Let's say all the trashtalk and disrespect towards Teshima were gone after that :D Manami is now Teshima fanboy.

And what did that loss accomplish? First of all respect from Manami then respect from other Hakone guys finding out that a regular guy like him kept up with the best climber of Inter High (a mountain god. He got the title after winning mountain stage. I wonder if Teshima would've gotten the title if he won instead) Anyway Izumida literally shit himself after he realized that Teshima kept up with Manami and almost won.
Thirdly now Sohoku is literally on fire. Issa was pretty great saying that he feels bad for making fun of Teshima, Imaizumi and Naruko were awestruck as well and Aoyagi is shocked as well. They 4 are all on fire right now and Onoda as well since he saw it firsthand.

I really liked how Onoda got Teshima's back right before he fell that was cool, riding as fast as he could Onoda saved Teshima.
Overall i liked the season, the character development is on point once again. We spent pretty much entire season on Teshima and DAMN IT WAS WORH IT. The payback was huge. And Sugimoto got really great development as well from being negative kinda guy who doesnt believe in miracles he now believes in them. He even was the first guy in the bus who believed that Teshima was neck in neck with Manami because of his own strength and not technical problem.
WE spent huge amount of time on Issa and that was worth it as well from being quite annoying, unbearable guy he became more like a guy who you can rely on. After that final episode where he literally wanted to go in the race for the finish line after situation with Teshima lit him on fire pretty much :D

And the season was just as enjoyable, interesting and creepy (Midosouji,masseuse, big balloon Aoyagi, humangous Doubashi) with great songs as always. I jsut wish Omakes would be more funnier this season... And focus on new characters were still great even though they werent the most likable characters for me they kinda slowly grow on me. Felt really bad that Arakita, Makishima and other senpais left but they still show themselves from time to time (mostly due to flashbacks) so they are still incredibly important and served as a huge inspiration to many other characters. Just wait for next season where we would focus more on Imaizumi and we'll get to flashbacks with him and Kinjou and will learn just how much he treasures and thankful to Kinjou for everything he did for him.

Cant wait for next season. Yowamushi pedal's been my favorite anime ever since i started watching it so i'm really hyped for the next season and quite torn that I wont have Yowamushi pedal in my life again :( until next season starts T.T probably some sadness and despair will hit me later now that the season is over and my life is over :D Cant wait for next season especially because it will focus on my favorite characters Onoda,Imaizumi and Naruko. They will get TONS of screentime.
 
Jul 1, 2017 12:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7491
I'm not gonna delve in on how I am pissed-off with Teshima!
He's the true IDIOT character of 2017, i hope he suicides himself and i don't care also if he falls, Onoda shouldn't catch him and let him die falling.
1/5.
8/10.
 
Jul 2, 2017 9:26 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1
Cream_Soda said:
ReaperCreeper said:
Except next season was already announced.


Yes, and if they started it now, it'd be a really short season, lol


Pretty sure they have enough material for a 25 ep season. I think there are 100+ chapters worth of content from where the anime ended.
 
Jul 3, 2017 4:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 864
Good episode. gave this season 7/10 cant wait for the next season.
 
Jul 5, 2017 6:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 127
This third season of YowaPeda braced its usual formula but added another spice called the "Underdogs". This series is best when they give focal screentime to their weakest characters such as Sugimoto from the First-year race and of course, the main highlight, Teshima Junta.

Sugimoto failing to be the 6th man is such a heartbreak. I know he's weak, but he gave his best to omit his usual "I'm an experienced etc" catchphrase to actually improve himself. I wish he'll be one of the starting members in their third year.

Then Teshima. He's been like a broken record, but damn, that "weak" emphasis sure did great wonders on his character buildup. Koga is a monster, but Teshima grinded him to the last moment. Manami is a greater monster, but Teshima ultimately pushed him to his limits. So, I'm willing to wait a year or maybe 18 months for a fourth season. I know the focus will now be on Imaizumi, Naruko and Onoda, but I hope they'll still give Teshima the chance to redeem himself and get a prize tag at some point.

 
Jul 6, 2017 5:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 553
I have no say, this 'I'll stop and wait for you' deal had me screaming at the screen. Do they actually do that in competitive road racing? if so, why on Earth! I don't get it.

But in a way, it helped pump Souhoku and since all that really matters, in the long run, is finishing first in the third day, it might have been for the best. Still, what a dumb thing to do. Luck is a thing in all kinds of sports and you don't just let go of an advantage.

And I wish it had been Manami catching Teshima when he keeling over as opposed to Sakamichi.

I almost wish Midousuji had popped out of nowhere while Teshima and Manami are having their chat and taken the Mountain stage. That would have been brilliant even if unlikely (he'd have to pass the Hakogaku and Souhoku guys, which would probably not actually work) but it would have been a weird stroke of 'wtf'. Mostly because I'd pay to see Midousuji's reaction to this oddball 'I'll wait for you' business.
 
Aug 23, 2017 7:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2730
Surprise twist from Teshima, what a great "ordinary man".
There were dragged episode pacings, but the pumped osts, high intensity races later on & hime return saved it.
Real nice having Teshima, Naruko & Kaburagi developments. There's a lot of new characters, with potential but unfortunately mostly glazed over.
Midousuji parts creepy fun as usual. Kaburagi comedy was perhaps the main new addition.
 
Sep 15, 2017 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 3673
Great finale! Was kinda hoping Teshima would be a bit selfish/unsportsmanlike at the end there but he was clearly above that.

Can't wait for Season Four!!!

10/10, definitely among my most favourite anime ever!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
 
Aug 8, 2018 2:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 12682
The series have a lot of problems, and as many have pointed out, seems to have followed similar plot points as the first interhigh, however there's less Onoda this time and his mental breakdown, and more Teshima who's been incredibly inspiring and the type of characters in sports anime that makes you want to pick up the sports. Can't say I agree with his decision of waiting for Manami but I understand the thinking behind the decision.

Some moments still annoy me, but the hot, steamy, sweaty biking competition was very well animated.

Would've loved to get more from the training camp instead of rushing it, could've given more development to the new first year there, it feels like a miss opportunity.

Would be great too to have more Imaizumi development, he's been shoved to the background this season unfortunately, and he's supposed to be the ace of the team.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
 
May 25, 11:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 62
TESHIMA!! Manami gets redemption. Onoda and Teshima together. Sohoku riled up. Sohoku trio alumni back together!
OXYGEN
ファラオ
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]