Forum Settings
Forums
New
Is Burqa Avenger an Anime?
Jun 25, 2017 11:16 AM

May 2013

Mal has a lot of shows from Korea and China so it seems as though its definition is shows made in Asia.

Pakistan is clearly part of asia.
Jun 25, 2017 11:25 AM
May 2015
no way in fucking hell it is

Jun 25, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2016
Let me fix that for you...

Pxi2 said:

Mal has a lot of shows from Korea and China so it seems as though its definition is shows made in EAST Asia.

Pakistan is clearly NOT part of East Asia.

It is part of the Middle East. That may be considered part of Asia, but not East Asia.
So the current answer is NO.

You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Jun 25, 2017 11:36 AM

Apr 2016
Anime is not an anime if its not made directly in Japan.
Jun 25, 2017 11:41 AM

Jan 2016
It has a better CGI than most anime though.
Jun 25, 2017 11:45 AM

Aug 2016
Excuse the fuck me one of the villains is legit called Vadero Pajero. This is the best. I love it.
Jun 25, 2017 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Those youtube comments are hilarious
Jun 25, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
I highly doubt that, OP. It's just some weird cartoon with ugly CGI.
Jun 25, 2017 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
Submit it to the db lol.

OT: OP has 911 posts, illuminati confirmed.
Jun 25, 2017 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
Stein_ said:
Excuse the fuck me one of the villains is legit called Vadero Pajero. This is the best. I love it.
It's even funnier if Spanish is your first language xD I had a chuckle when I saw that.
Jun 25, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2016
Alright people let me clear this up for you.
This is a Pakistani cartoon. The Simpsons is not an anime, and neither is this.
Johnnyd3rp said:
It has a better CGI than most anime though.
You say that now but that CGI is the only one used in the local cartoons. And it's bad. Very very bad. I'd rather watch Utsu Musume Sayuri. Pakistan's animation has never been good.

Although this is based on a moralistic premise, it's shit. Literally.

Stein_ said:
Yes and the girl's name is Mooli which is a name of a vegetable. Radish in English. So yeah, it's the best.

I'd rather you watch this. The trailer for Pakistan's first hand-drawn film. The glassworker.

TheElevenTailsJun 25, 2017 12:28 PM
Jun 25, 2017 12:53 PM

Aug 2016
Illyricus said:
Stein_ said:
It's even funnier if Spanish is your first language xD I had a chuckle when I saw that.

tbh it's probably only funny if you're a dumbass like me Spanish is your first language

TheElevenTails said:
I'd rather you watch this. The trailer for Pakistan's first hand-drawn film. The glassworker.

Hey this looks actually pretty good. The color design and moody lighting are particularly great.

I hope it'll be groundbreaking for them in some way.
Jun 25, 2017 12:53 PM

Oct 2014
The mods even debate if cartoons from North Korea and Taiwan (the People's Republic of China), since those countries are related to South Korea and China and although they were the same country in 1917 when anime was first created they are now separate countries. Pakistan isn't even in East or Southeast Asia. Masha and the Bear isn't an anime for similar reasons.
Jun 25, 2017 1:47 PM

Apr 2016
Stein_ said:
Hey this looks actually pretty good. The color design and moody lighting are particularly great.

Yeah hopefully it will. The problem is, this is a brand new animation studio. They made this trailer and got a Kickstarter started to gain funds. They'll make this movie if they gather enough funds. But they didn't until now. A shame because the director, Usman Riaz is such a talented person.
Jun 25, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
Stein_ said:
Illyricus said:

tbh it's probably only funny if you're a dumbass like me Spanish is your first language
Following that logic, I'm a dumbass too... A proud one, indeed :)
Jun 25, 2017 1:51 PM
Aug 2016
No, it's not an anime. If you are not sure if it's an anime or not, you could search on MAL, or other anime sites, to see for yourself.
Jun 25, 2017 1:54 PM
Aug 2016
Swagernator said:
Anime is not an anime if its not made directly in Japan.

Excuse me, but China also started to make anime. Quanzhi Gaoshou is a good example. Japan was the one that started making anime, but now more countries are making them.
Jun 25, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2015
Pakistani here. No, that is not an anime. lol

But as mentioned before, there is an anime in the works by a studio based in Pakistan; "The Glassworker".
Nekomata1037Jun 25, 2017 2:01 PM

The unofficial MyAnimeList REST API
Jun 25, 2017 2:04 PM

Aug 2016
TheElevenTails said:
Stein_ said:

Yeah hopefully it will. The problem is, this is a brand new animation studio. They made this trailer and got a Kickstarter started to gain funds. They'll make this movie if they gather enough funds. But they didn't until now. A shame because the director, Usman Riaz is such a talented person.

Yeah, I watched the Kickstarter video. Well that sucks. The guy seems so so passionate about hand-drawn animation that it almost makes me sad to think that this project won't ever be greenlit.

:(

Illyricus said:
Stein_ said:

Don't ever be ashamed of your dumbassery.

21 años tengo y me sigue haciendo gracia la palabra alpargata, ¿y qué pasa colega? No me escondo de nadie compadr
Jun 25, 2017 2:09 PM

Apr 2016
Stein_ said:
TheElevenTails said:

Yeah, I watched the Kickstarter video. Well that sucks. The guy seems so so passionate about hand-drawn animation that it almost makes me sad to think that this project won't ever get the greenlit.

:(
Well nothing has been assured. There is a possibility that the movie will be made. Everyone want it to be. Look up some of his TEDTalks where he performed guitar. He's a world-class musician.
Jun 25, 2017 2:11 PM

Sep 2015
It's actually being actively made.

You can follow the progress here
http://manoanimationstudios.com/

The unofficial MyAnimeList REST API
Jun 25, 2017 2:25 PM

Apr 2016
Nekomata1037 said:
It's actually being actively made.

You can follow the progress here
http://manoanimationstudios.com/
It is. But they need funds. That's exactly the reason they started the Kickstarter. He said so in an interview in an Arts University too.
Jun 25, 2017 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
Stein_ said:
Illyricus said:

Don't ever be ashamed of your dumbassery.

21 años tengo y me sigue haciendo gracia la palabra alpargata, ¿y qué pasa colega? No me escondo de nadie compadr
Uno podrá ser tontico, pero orgulloso al fin y al cabo :)
Jun 25, 2017 6:54 PM
May 2015
Pakistan is part of the Middle East culturally even though it's on the Asian continent
Russia is also on the Asian continent
Don't insult the Middle East and East Asia by conflating the two
Jun 25, 2017 7:05 PM

Jan 2015
No way, chotta bhem is more animer than that

la critique de l'intention pure
Jun 26, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2016
karambia said:
No way, chotta bhem is more animer than that

HAHAHAHAHA OMG this show was so cringey tf.
Jun 26, 2017 3:18 PM

Jan 2015
TheElevenTails said:
HAHAHAHAHA OMG this show was so cringey tf.
haha, somebody that distributed this to my country must get knock in the head

la critique de l'intention pure

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 2 hours ago

16 by Firwik_Howlo »»
1 minute ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 1 minute ago

0 by APolygons2 »»
1 minute ago

» Which are the cutest anime girl pout scenes ? (not fan arts but real scenes)

DarkGamerA - Jul 8, 2022

19 by Blowingbeauty »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

57 by mo_lave »»
13 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

98 by FFandMMfan »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.