Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 25, 2017 10:29 AM

Dec 2014
meh it an okay ending ...want more alice and zouraku
Jun 25, 2017 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
So many great series in this season yet people are still making 'end of anime' threads.
So beautiful, awesome characters (Zouroku grandpa of the year) soundtrack, art (besides QUALITY scenes) and direction. 9/10.
I will check the manga, definitely.

Stark700 said:
Only part that still distracting was the 3D/CGI (hello bento box)

I'm a 3DCG nazi, but I didn't see it, it blended nicely with the rest imo. That car in the beginning was much more distracting :)
rsc-plJun 25, 2017 10:39 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 25, 2017 10:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That smells like an anime original ending. Was it one, can manga readers come out of the closet and tell me? ^

I liked the finale, very happy ending for the kids. Really, really grew to like Hatori in the last two episodes.

TALK NO JUTSU strikes again! Zouroku 10/10 madman.

7/10 for this series.
Jun 25, 2017 10:40 AM
Dec 2016
I really loved the soundtracks at the end of this episode
If anyone knows them i'd really appreciate knowing ^^
Thanks!
Jun 25, 2017 10:41 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Good episode and the story wss good and refreshing

Jun 25, 2017 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
That was absolutely beautiful. Loved every moment of it. The only thing is that they kinda skimmed over why these people have superpowers to begin with, but I can live with that. A really unique show.
Jun 25, 2017 11:07 AM

Oct 2010
That final :'( Noooo why do you do this to meee :'( that end is like permanent ending... And this have a lot of potential... Damn :'( whyyyyyyy
Pd: I really like the OP and ending theme songs heart. The ost was fine :)
PD2: why :'(
Pd3: so beautiful Grow up Alice ♥ :')
Jun 25, 2017 11:08 AM

Aug 2016
I actually speculated if this show would be my one of my favorites of the season and as I expected it turned out to be true! I loved it very much and it was super adorable ^^ I feel very satisfied with it so I don't feel like I need any more of it either. The op and ed were both fantastic as well and I'll definitely remember them. In my opinion, a great show indeed !!
Jun 25, 2017 11:20 AM
Feb 2017
Now in the end we see Sana as a grown-up, holding a bouquet of flowers signifying that Zoroku is dead and that she took over the flower-shop. Hopefully she lives a happy yuri life with Sanae since they are not related by blood. Also her voice as an adult is really calm and soothing, i really like it. Same could be said about Ichijo and her kouhai. Hopefully they lead a happy yrui life too.
Jun 25, 2017 11:56 AM
Sep 2012
Dam what a way to end the series. So I guess the last scenes did not happen as it still ongoing.

So it ends with grownup Sana and Zouroko is dead. Well that is sad, but still we knew he wasn't going to live that long. But it is going to be okay, Sana learned a lot and is a mature adult.
Jun 25, 2017 12:06 PM

Oct 2010
I wasn't 100% on Zouroku being dead. It makes sense....but Japanese people can also live pretty long and they DO work a flower shop so her holding a bunch of flowers for no real reason isn't out of the question. But yeah...most likely he dead. That said, I really liked the last scene. Was a nice touch to show "Adult" Sana. Looks like she turned out okay. At the same time, it makes me a little sad. Pretty much kills all hope I had for a S2. I want to see her grow up. Does the manga show more of what happens? Everywhere I look says "on going" so I assume the answer is yes.
KougeruJun 25, 2017 12:09 PM
Jun 25, 2017 12:17 PM

Jan 2015
Aaww the rabbit can help connect to the outside since it can transmit signal for the phone. But that surely really help Hatori for finally talk with Ayumu and finally find her. Plus the timing is just a few minutes late for Sanae and Zoroku to find Sana.
I really hope the twins will join Sana too. :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 25, 2017 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
I liked this series. A solid 8/10 for me.
Jun 25, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2011
What a beautiful ending, loved it! :-)
Jun 25, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
I enjoyed this anime, ending was nice to watch as well. It reminded me, especially the last ep, with Wodenrland as a being semi-sentient "world", Stanislaw's Lem Solaris (with exception for Sana being in a way a tool for Wonderland to experience/observe the outside world).
Jun 25, 2017 1:36 PM

Nov 2014
Solid 7 all the way through this series but that last episode with it's cutsey feel good moments and humanity bumped it to an 8 for me.

Tim Burton should watch this, realise he is still a hack and go do something else for a living.
Jun 25, 2017 1:36 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Sith_Vicious said:
kyoudai said:
Using "boku" and dressing in a male uniform could be tomboyish, however Ayumu is a boy's name. (Female form is usually Ayumi.) Then again, Hattori is also a male name, so maybe you're right...

It's clearly said in the special episode that Ayumu is a girl. (However even Zouroku's voice actor was surprised when it was mentionned, so you're not the only one).
Ah, thanks for the info. Which special episode was that? Apparently I didn't see it. I can't seem to find anything except eps 1-12.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Jun 25, 2017 1:54 PM
Mar 2015
It was an ending that brought a tear to your eyes Funny watching Zokorou tell off wonderland
Jun 25, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2017
Nice finale for such an extraordinary Anime. Zouroku gave Wonderland a good talk, Hattori was reunited with her parents, and society seems to start getting along with the "Dreams of Alice".

This Anime had lots of great things to it (not stopping at Zouroku's amazing character). But what really stuck out for me was the many facettes of the story which were contrasting but never felt out of place. For once, we had the fight of the supporters of equal and inclusive treatment of the "dreams of Alice". But instead of completely turning this into a copy of Elfen Lied, it was sensibly woven into the plot of Sana's life yourney and of the small tales of the people around her.

What I hoped for was a little more focus on Sanae, because she's so adorable, but well, you can't get everything.
Jun 25, 2017 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
Smudy said:
That smells like an anime original ending. Was it one, can manga readers come out of the closet and tell me? ^

I liked the finale, very happy ending for the kids. Really, really grew to like Hatori in the last two episodes.

7/10 for this series.

Yup. Anime original. The manga is ongoing with several volumes past the point Sana started going to school with Hatori and Ayumu.
Jun 25, 2017 2:36 PM
Hot Stuff

Mar 2012
I seems to me that there is plenty of opportunity for another season of this show. I hope there is. :-)
Jun 25, 2017 2:53 PM

Sep 2014
kyoudai said:
Sith_Vicious said:

It's clearly said in the special episode that Ayumu is a girl. (However even Zouroku's voice actor was surprised when it was mentionned, so you're not the only one).
Ah, thanks for the info. Which special episode was that? Apparently I didn't see it. I can't seem to find anything except eps 1-12.

The special aired in may 14th I think, it had an entry here, but it was deleted (don't ask why tho). Basically it was just zoroku seyuu and alice seyuu discussing about the show.

The forum discussion is still here btw
SpaceMarsouinJun 25, 2017 2:57 PM
+Lunai+

Jun 25, 2017 3:10 PM

Sep 2013
4/5

Good finale. It felt a little underwhelming that it's all over but it was a good story regardless. This series was much better than I expected and it had a lot of good slice of life episodes. I thought it was going to be more dark after what that crazy woman who shot Sana did but it never passed that point afterwards.

Adult Sana is cute! It was a nice way to end the series with her finally going to school and then showing a matured Sana holding flowers. I find it hilarious when they first met in Episode 4 that Sana practically called her future self flat chested.

7/10- This series was fun. I liked all the characters a lot and the story of Sana is fairly entertaining. I wish there was more of Ichijo though, she's pretty cool and I hope there's a spin-off of her somewhere down the line.
TehSnawnJun 25, 2017 3:15 PM

Jun 25, 2017 3:41 PM

Jan 2011
Sweet post credit ending. Show itself fell off the second half pretty hard but the point trying to be made was a good one. Really enjoyed the first half. It was all and all solid and a little different from the norm.
Jun 25, 2017 4:31 PM

Sep 2011
This series felt like a setup to something way more interesting. As it is this series was really underwhelming and rather boring. I would be way more interested in seeing the antics of the older version of Sana.
Jun 25, 2017 4:51 PM

Feb 2016
hentailuvr42069 said:
BEST ANIME OF THE SEASON

I wouldn't call Best anime of the season something that left unfinished a huge plothole out of convenience after the first arc, yet it was a good ride
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 25, 2017 4:53 PM

Feb 2016
so are you going to tell me that the whole evil organization dismantled out of nothing just because they lose once time trying to capture Sana? well that leaves a huge plothole, or atleast material for a second season

7/10
~Blackwall
Jun 25, 2017 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Well that was quite a underwhelming way to conclude the series... Zouroku just had to shout to the heavens and threat a small rabbit to everything be hunky dory again...

But anyway, overall i still dont know how to feel about the series as a whole. There are defenetly some good drama and SoL moments but thats about it. There is really not much of a real focus in terms of story and the two arcs ended in a quite anticlimactic manner leaving more questions than actual answers. Hopefully a second season is announced to clarify some stuff.
Jun 25, 2017 6:08 PM
Sep 2016
That ending with adult Sana got me ;-; 9/10

Jun 25, 2017 6:11 PM
Aug 2012
I'm going to miss this show, it was really fun! The last scene tho... made me think Zouroku died T_T
Jun 25, 2017 6:27 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Well that finale turned out better than I expected. I like the scenes where Sana finally receives her own backpack and school supplies because she will be going to school, and not only that, but Sana will also be going to school with Hatori and Ayumu as her new friends. Really like it. Could have been much better if the three of them were with the twins, too. Then the final scene with adult Sana who was talking with Zoroku, who is....probably gone in this world.. ;_; That last scene got me, though. x(

I could have given this an 8/10 for the nice conclusion, but the show felt a bit stale halfway in the series, at least for me.. So my final score is 7/10. It was a good anime overall.
Jun 25, 2017 6:46 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good series.

Lots of heartwarming moments with great feels.

I learned the word frazzled.

That ending with a grown up Sana holding flowers for Zouroku was very sad.
Jun 25, 2017 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
Oh what a charming show came to the end... well here's my thought:

The intro was briliant which was more than time it usual aired. The entire series didn't rush in storytelling or felt like filler-ish at some part. However, I think episode 3-5 were to be really weak episodes and I start thinking as bad until as I kept watching the whole new arc from episode 6, it gradually changed alot in term of charmness and the show got very delightful!! The story telling was okay-ish but who cares for here? It was soo darn charm and pleasing to watch!!

I think there was possible to get another 13 episodes like this way if only it could got popular.

Anyway, 8.0/10 from me. It was really fun! and yeah I am sure that I can easily recommend to others! One of my decent show of this spring 2017 season or might end up my top anime of this season. Great.
Jun 25, 2017 8:16 PM

Nov 2010
That's was a nice way to end the series. loved it.
I don't we will get a second season but if we do i will gladly accept it.

And man, am i going to miss the ED song ... it was beautiful. OP too but i loved the ED more.

8/10
Jun 25, 2017 10:03 PM

Mar 2016
This anime took a strange turn at the end I'd say in the last three episodes or so and it left the overall story in a state of mediocrity but the final episode used all the positives of the anime to create a heartwarming ending. What I'm trying to say is I liked the last episode but the story overall ended up being just alright. I wish the would have stuck with the darker theme of the first half of the season with the agency and experiments I thought that was a good path to take the anime but it ended up being just a little too fluffy for my taste. Overall I would say this anime is a 6/10 one of the animes this season that I enjoyed a fair amount but will probably end up being forgettable as time goes on. I don't anticipate there being any second season considering they wrapped it up so nicely at the end with the older Sana so I guess we'll just have to take this anime as is and enjoy it for what it was...a pretty decent anime.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 26, 2017 12:32 AM

Apr 2017
that bunny is a true blooded troller xD also I think the government will make use of Dream of Alice into a good thing.

aaand daym ;-; that adult Sana in the ending got me ;-; aand I think Zoroku died ;-;

10/10 great show
Jun 26, 2017 3:01 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Glad everyone got out of Wonderland safely. Ayu seeing Hattori again was sweet.
LOL Zouroko giving Wonderland a stern talking. This is the man you need when you want something done.

Sana going to school must be exciting. Sweet seeing Sana in the future.
Overall an enjoyable show with good slice of life elements.

8/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 26, 2017 5:20 AM
May 2013
Yh, this ep was good, but bit sad at end... 😭 Zouroku..... I don't think there be season 2 for this anime.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 26, 2017 8:04 AM

Sep 2016
Oh man, this show was truly the underdog of this season. The feels during the ending credit scene hit my heart like Zouroku's punch. The future, the adult Sana. Guessing Zouroku passed away.

https://somebodymonologue.wordpress.com/2017/06/26/alice-to-zouroku-the-underdog-of-2017-spring/#more-2276
^I feel like this review analyzes the show pretty well, for those who are interested.

JC
Jun 26, 2017 9:22 AM

Aug 2014
Nice wrap up. I enjoyed the second half a lot more than the first. Could have done with more Sana-Zouroku bonding.
Sieg Zeon!
Jun 26, 2017 11:11 AM

Mar 2016
HereticHunter said:
so are you going to tell me that the whole evil organization dismantled out of nothing just because they lose once time trying to capture Sana? well that leaves a huge plothole, or atleast material for a second season

7/10
okay you're right, i kinda forgot about the first part once the second one started, hopefully a bunch of shit just blows up in their face and things start being less cute, and more serious as sana grows up and realizes what is actually going on with her "powers"
Jun 26, 2017 1:31 PM

Sep 2015
Contrary to what most of the opinions are so far, I actually thought Alice & Zoruku was a bit of a let down.

Shirasho said:
This series felt like a setup to something way more interesting. As it is this series was really underwhelming and rather boring. I would be way more interested in seeing the antics of the older version of Sana.

I would have loved if the Dreams of Alice thing was explained even further, who and what is Sana, I was expecting more details on her. What are the extent of their powers? How did they get it? What/who is even Alice, why are people doing what they do. Everything felt like a teaser. Perhaps the show mixed in too much SoL moments, which were awesome in their own right, and forgot about the more interesting stuff. The phrase has been used over thousands of times but this is an anime that I believe had so much potential but the story just kind of went off the mark a bit. Thankfully, it wasn't a bad show, I just felt like it missed it's target by a slight margin.

To sum it up in one word, underwhelming. With all of it's great characters and interesting world, it just fell a little bit short. Maybe the director needs a bit of scolding or maybe I just went into this world with the wrong approach.

6/10
Jun 26, 2017 1:39 PM

May 2015
Not a bad finale, it was decent.

Overall, the show itself was enjoyable and had some memorable and sweet moments, and I really liked Zouroku. Wouldn't mind another season.

7/10.

Jun 26, 2017 1:58 PM

Feb 2016
hentailuvr42069 said:
HereticHunter said:

7/10
okay you're right, i kinda forgot about the first part once the second one started, hopefully a bunch of shit just blows up in their face and things start being less cute, and more serious as sana grows up and realizes what is actually going on with her "powers"

Ooookay... that's is not what I had in mind
~Blackwall
Jun 26, 2017 3:10 PM
May 2017
MacMeaties said:
Smudy said:

7/10 for this series.

Yup. Anime original. The manga is ongoing with several volumes past the point Sana started going to school with Hatori and Ayumu.

do u have this manga link in english translate?
Jun 26, 2017 3:59 PM

Jul 2016
I'm torn with this show. I liked it, but then, I didn't like it this much. The plot was great, but the storyline and the way things progressed...it was kinda meh. Action, then moe stuff, then action again...I didn't particularly like this.

Also, I hadn't realised the ending was probably adult Sana after Zouroku's death, and now I'm sad THANKS

Overall: 6
Jun 26, 2017 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
Enjoyable show 6/10.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2017 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting premise that could have easily of diverged into a different show entirely.
Safe to say, I'm glad it didn't do that.
Loved the cinematography overall, especially detail to lighting and framing.

Solid 7/10
Jun 26, 2017 9:59 PM

Jul 2015
Zoroku... yelled at the world... and it listened. The power of grandpas are not to be underestimated. And it all ends pretty happily and we even get to see her as an adult so we know she lived happily for years to come. Must say, this anime did not, in any way live up to my expectations, still enjoyed it though. A bit annoying at times, but worth the watch. I'm gonna miss it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 27, 2017 3:04 AM

Aug 2016
Zoroku scolding Wonderland lol. This seemed like a finale but I felt that it built more hype as if another arc/season was coming but the last scene sort of gave away the ending for the entire series so I dunno(the scene was still great).

I'd like an s2 since I felt the series was too short for all the plot points and interesting characters it has. I'm slightly disappointed how they handled the pacing and plot.

P.S. Zouroku is my man.

6/10

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

203 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:32 PM

» Deserves a second season.

Botan-Chan45 - May 3, 2018

2 by Hofner1962 »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:11 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2017

50 by cat_of_hell »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:05 AM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

37 by CQLLIST »»
May 20, 2022 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.