Forum Settings
Forums

How do you watch your anime? (sub/dub, download/stream, alone/with friends, once a week/binge watch, at night/at day)

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2017 9:41 PM

Aug 2015
Download (Torrent) of course, I can't stand anything below Blu-ray 720p, except for the airing series, I download them at 1080p and binge watch later on, then get their BD copies if I enjoyed them.
Jun 26, 2017 9:56 PM

Feb 2016
Sub/Dub? -- Both. I prefer dub (English) since I prefer to hear my own native tounge so I'll opt for it if it's available.

Download/Stream? -- Mostly download in recent but I'll stream if there's like a OVA/Special I don't have or I just don't want to bother downloading it. That or if I want to watch from the comfort of my bed. (Kissanime works on PS4 browser if you use the beta server which is a HTML5 player I believe. So it works since the browser doesn't have flash or java iirc.)

Alone/with friends? -- Alone. Although I've watched with a friend (online) once and plan pick back up with them again when we find the time. (We used some site that played youtube videos to both people and keeps the stream in sync)

Once a week/Binge Watch? -- Twice a day generally, I watch whenever I eat typically and I eat about 2 meals a day, so... (1-2 episodes each time usually)

At night/day? -- Both... not exactly locking down my hunger to a specific time, lol.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jun 26, 2017 10:13 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
- Sub; Can seldomly do dub.
- Stream; I used to download, but I don't have the time to seek it out anymore.
- Alone; Mostly alone, but I do like to watch anime with one friend of mine. We're currently watching Hokuto no Ken together.
- Once or twice a week; I used to binge watch years ago, but I can't anymore.
- Anytime

I literally watched all of Kobayashi Maid Dragon 1 episode at a time at random days before I had to get ready for work. That's more or less my pattern these days.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jun 27, 2017 12:28 AM

Apr 2013
i watch sub, and i watch it alone for hours at a time lmao. like when i start watching anime, it goes on for 6-12+ hours. i can either go on for months without watching any anime, or do it 7 days a week.

&i either stream or use crunchyroll premium. my cheap ass friends are all leeching on it, i think i'm carrying at least 4 ppl rn smh.
Jun 27, 2017 1:48 AM

Oct 2012
I download sub/raw to watch alone weekly at any given time of a day.
Jun 27, 2017 2:41 AM

Aug 2015
On the train to work, watching hentai as loud as possible before being removed from the train by the guards and being late for work.

I guess it doesn't work as well as it does in hentai...

#falsehopes
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Jun 27, 2017 2:43 AM

Apr 2017
sub, stream, alone, it depends, it doesn't matter

still life: pink roses
Jun 27, 2017 3:57 AM

Mar 2012
-Sub, I don't like dubs plus anime tends to be unpredictable so if they scream out something weird in English, it would be quite awkward for me if someone at home hears it. Some dubs also add American references and unnecessary slang which I honestly don't get/like.

-I usually steam anime, I download very rarely when I know for certain that I will be re-watching it quite often. For my absolute favorites I buy the DVD.

-Alone, I don't have anyone to watch it with plus some scenes could get a bit embarrassing/awkward to watch with someone else.

-Depends on how much time free time I've got, if the series is good and it's vacation then I'll binge watch otherwise it's usually 2-4 episodes per day.

-Day/night doesn't matter, I usually watch anime while having something.
Jun 27, 2017 4:04 AM

Aug 2015
Shicchi said:

As for me:
- Sub
- Download (so I can watch anytime, anywhere. Can easily rewatch, rewind, capture screenshots, making GIF, etc. Also because crappy internet.)
- Alone (so I can freely express my emotion. I would cry I would laugh I would squeal I would jump I would poke the screen I would kiss the screen I would scream I would rolling around, without worrying people calling me crazy)

-My watching habits really depends on my schedule and the likability of the Anime. A very good Anime with lots of free time means bingewatch.

-The time of day doesn't really mean much to me. I watch Anime no matter what the time is, as long as I feel like watching.

-I personally prefer watching on mobile. Who knows, when will those ecchi scenes appear? :3
Hehe Happy New YEar! :D
Jun 27, 2017 4:11 AM

Mar 2017
Always subbed in my native language (portuguese), always download unless i can't find it anywhere, alone and most of times at night. In the beginning i binged a lot but now i see several anime at sime time.
Jun 27, 2017 4:11 AM

Sep 2016
Shicchi said:
Exactly what the title say!

As for me:
- Sub (because I wanna hear the original Japanese line plus Japanese VA is better than any other VA including my own country)
- Download (so I can watch anytime, anywhere. Can easily rewatch, rewind, capture screenshots, making GIF, etc. Also because crappy internet.)
- Alone (so I can freely express my emotion. I would cry I would laugh I would squeal I would jump I would poke the screen I would kiss the screen I would scream I would rolling around, without worrying people calling me crazy)
- Binge watch (binge watch if I can help it. It's sometimes very hard especially if it's a very popular currently airing shows because I'm dying to join the discussion and there are spoilers everywhere. But mostly binge watch because I hate to wait once a week)
- At night (the time when everyone is asleep so no one can disturb me. I really really really hate when I get disturbed when watching anime especially if it's my favorite anime)

Same with you, but for me i watch anime at day and at night! *Tee hee
Jun 27, 2017 5:00 AM

Oct 2015
-Sub
-Download
-Alone, but sometimes i do watch a few episodes of anime with my friends.
-If the anime has already ended i will binge watch it, if the anime still on aired i'm gonna wait for it to end and then binge watch it.
-Night time, because it's the only time i can actually relax and be alone.

Click the spinning
ghost for delivery (~‾▽‾)~
Jun 27, 2017 5:02 AM

Jan 2016
I watch my anime alone via streaming with subtitles during either the morning or the night (and sometimes in the afternoon). I either spread the episodes out or if I'm very engrossed in a series that is not airing, I'll binge watch it.
Jun 28, 2017 11:24 AM

Feb 2016
I watch it with stream and mostly with sub. I watch every day one Anime (with 12 episodes most of the time) and longer ones if I don't have school. I always watch Animes alone and I like to watch at night. It feels relaxing to me.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jun 28, 2017 11:58 AM

Apr 2011
sub / dub : I usually watch anime subbed unless I watch an anime for a second time I'll watch it dubbed just to change it up a bit.

download / stream : Used to watch it downloaded when my internet was the pits and the stream would buffer when I want to watch in high-quality.

alone / with friends : both. It depends on which anime is being watched.

once a week / binge watch : both. Depends on which anime is being watched. If I'm watching the anime with my friends it's once a week since it's usually the newer stuff and isn't enough to binge watch but if I'm watching an anime on my own I'll watch two episodes of anime during my lunch break (everyday) on my phone.

at night / at day : both. Depends when I meet up with my friends and I watch during the day if I'm watching at work during my lunch break.

btw, watching anime with friends on a big screen tv is a lot more fun(":
Jun 28, 2017 6:52 PM

Oct 2013
- sub sub sub! i'd be dead before you can ever catch me watching those dubbed anime

- it depends really. sometimes i download and sometimes i stream online. these days, i've been more into streaming anime!

- generally alone. i like watching alone, but i don't really mind if my friends or siblings watch with me.

- it really depends on if i'm on a holiday or not. if i am, i binge watch the hell out of the anime. on weekdays, i watch one ep early in the morning and then i watch another one during lunch, sometimes i watch another ep before going to bed.

- both!
“Time might separate us, one day. But until then, let’s stay together.”
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

189 by alshu »»
6 seconds ago

Poll: » Which season of Vinland Saga do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 4 hours ago

22 by MillerEvans23 »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you update the rating of anime you've already finished before? Is it an upgrade or downgrade usually?

Rinrinka - Apr 14

31 by 5hadow17 »»
7 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

125 by ColourWheel »»
26 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 2 hours ago

12 by Sigma- »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.