Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 28, 2017 4:28 PM

Apr 2016
Well, this episode made me laugh so hard XD

A bit trashy sometime, but it's okay as this show succeed entertaining me and have many cute characters <3

7/10 for enjoyment
flamecerberusJan 21, 2018 11:02 AM
Jun 28, 2017 7:11 PM

May 2012
DuoraDoll said:
Reikuo said:

When did I say the anime was "critically loved"? Also we dont have the facts, but I think its beyond a more then fair assumption that this series gets way more 1/10 votes then the average series because of the controversy. I think if left to its own devices it would be pushing an 8 on MAL. In addition to that, most of the hate and generic 1 liner posts are coming from people who see this thread trending in the active topics section and come to post some dribble.

The reason I brought up the score was because if its an anime you and others you have found online "love to hate" surely its not because its so bad its good if a pool of 40k people from one of the biggest Western fansites is anything to go by. Seems to me something else is going on. 7.14 is not a bad score...

Im not sure what the other numbers really matter, its still a 7.14 with 40k votes on MAL which is an irrefutable statistic. On a Western site too. Hating watching a show with a 7.14? I will admit, I dont get it.

@DuoraDoll As you said, no critique, no discussion, no analysis. Im just giving a taste of it back. Also you cant compare Hollywood to anime.

Those series you listed get most income from the box office, and blu-ray/DVDs are sold for $20-$25 and drop significantly after release. Anime have 6-7 volumes that are 6k yen minimum. If we round down to $50 that is $25 an episode. Anime fans spend way more then Twilight fans, even if that Twilight fan has all the movies and books owning not even half of the blu-ray volumes for any anime costs more then would it have a whole bookshelf of Twilight movies and books.

Anime for now depends on merch rather then streaming revenue like Western media so its an entirely different beast. Its two different approaches. Anime sells to a very small audience with deep pockets when it comes to merch and blu-ray, the West tries to get a broad audience to spend a little bit. So it IS fair to use sales when talking about anime because they market things to appeal to a specific sect of the otaku fanbase to support with blu-ray/DVD and merch sales. The audience they targeted is going to pay up big time for Eromanga Sensei, they dont really care what a bunch of people in the US think who wont be spending money.

Ah, this sounds like a pretty dang solid argument. And on top of that the tone is much better than the previous ones. Took me a while to come up with a response to this but here goes.

It's easy to say that this anime could have gotten an 8, but the reality is that it didn't, but the reason it got that score is the reason why it's popular. This anime very well could be described as a "loli 'incest' fan service show" and this description wouldn't be entirely wrong. This is quite a controversial subject for pretty obvious reasons, and there aren't many anime that tackle all of these elements the way this anime does, so of course it would get hated on, and get 1/10s. Without those controversial elements though, it would have just been another average romantic comedy.

As for my comparison of Hollywood to anime. I probably could have handled that better. I wasn't really comparing the two. All I meant was that just because something is popular and sells well, doesn't mean it's actually that good. It just meets the desires of an audience that aren't tackled often or the same way. Transformers for example ain't good, but there aren't that many movies being made about a bunch of giant alien robots fighting each other with explosions everywhere, so for people who want to see that, Transformers is the place to go. And again, as there aren't many movies or anything that tackle those elements, supporting the movies that do give the people making the movies more of a reason to give people more of what they want. At least that's what I think anyway.

Well thank you for the competent response.

This is hardly an extension of the conversation, but I feel like having a rant.

One of the reasons I am supportive of Eromanga Sensei has admittedly nothing to do with the show itself, but is part of what I just said about anime, catering to niche audiences. The approach anime takes by targeting niches, and rejecting perusing broad appeal, is one of the things that makes anime so special. So many of these shows Western fans love to hate seem to me to be the most unique animes we have.

Thing is with those Western series everyone mentions is, none of them are niche like Eromanga Sensei. If Transformers stopped making content, somewhere along the line a new robot series will come. Sometimes we have to wait, but it will come. Where is a 12 year old little sister fan service romance going to come from with the quality this show has? Its something that would only ever come out of anime, due to how it sells and gets money from the community.

Eromanga Sensei is a concept that would never launch in the West by a studio on the level of A-1 Pictures. This is something really unique to Japan and the entertainment world. It has no broad appeal, its not supposed to, and its themes are so outlandish we would never see them anywhere else. What other industry gambles on getting 4-6 thousand people to pay $300 for the shows? The industry is changing, and streaming is catching up at a great pace with each passing year in terms of where the bulk of revenue is coming. However up until now, and its still mostly the case, merch and blu-ray are what determine if a show is getting a sequel. The fans paying for these blu-ray have a lot of power and say, more so then any other community in the entertainment world that I can think of. The otaku are all powerful in terms of having high quality content of their tastes sold to them.

Then on top of that to keep it short, the animator problem in Japan with there being a shortage and the pay sucking as much as it does.... So many people involved are in it for the art, and it sucks there is a massive problem with the work conditions and pay but it no doubt has an effect on the shows coming out. These animators working in poor conditions with poor pay just for the love of the art is unquestionably going to show in the work. Im not advocating for conditions to stay the same, not in the slightest, but I think people dont realize that a lot of people pour an immense amount of soul into the work. More so then a lot of other entertainment industry.

So just to me, I would complain about Eromanga Sensei in a different way. If you dont like the show thats fine, and there are plenty of other animes people love that I hate, but no matter how much I dislike a show im most certainly glad it is there. Eromanga Sensei if nothing else says hey nothing is off limits in anime yet. We will not be censored and we will pander to a niche community that certainly gets no respect from outsiders looking in. On that note I think Eromanga Sensei deserves a little of everyones support, even if your not a fan of the show.
Jun 28, 2017 9:07 PM

Apr 2013
After watching "Eromanga Sensei: A Modern Masterpiece" and "A New Level Of Trash - Eromanga Sensei" youtube videos by Gigguk... My evaluation of this series instead went up lol

from 6/10 to 8/10 to 10/10 (Some time after the series already ended) lol.

Jun 29, 2017 1:24 AM

Jun 2008
Epic.

8/10

Best girl Sagiri will win this shit.
Jun 29, 2017 1:49 AM

Feb 2013
Fun show. Had me laughing a bunch.

8/10
Jun 29, 2017 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
Muramasa and Elf doing festival poses and playing twister :)
Tomoe puting herself in the Izumi bowl and Muramasa is the one who knows what a dick is like XD
9/10 sagiri at the end greeting her friends made me tear up :'(
Jun 29, 2017 2:25 PM

Feb 2014
Btw, this couldn't even be considered incest. LoL

First: The classic they're not related by blood;
Second: Didn't see any deep (and romantic) interaction between the MC and his imouto.
Jun 29, 2017 6:27 PM

Oct 2008
Last episode was the most hilarious and most number of laughs I produced while watching!
Too many things to point-out! but that ED visuals was a bit different because and the end of the ED song Masamune suddenly went out of the bathroom buck naked with only his towel to cover his ochinko!
5/5!
8/10.

Jun 29, 2017 11:20 PM

Mar 2016
A fun fluff episode...but wait that's the final episode!? Wow what a lame finale for this anime! I'm very disappointed with this anime overall and unfortunately this will most likely get a second season. There was a lot of potential in this anime and the characters were funny at times but overall the anime failed to bring back the magic from Oreimo and left a sad emptiness with this lackluster final episode. Overall I give this anime a 5/10 for it's meh...just average performance.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 30, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2014
This is a good show (I ain't a siscon) as a whole.
But I think Oreimo was still better.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 (out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 30, 2017 7:22 AM

Apr 2017
these fan service @_@

hmmm 7/10
Jun 30, 2017 7:34 AM
Oct 2016
hope there will be another season,light novel is still ongoing and have now released 9 volume´s ,anime adapted 3 volume :( soo there is plenty material to adapt

Spoiler for all who love eromanga sensei in volume 9 Masamune and Sagiri are married

Jun 30, 2017 7:45 AM

May 2012
Rayzer said:
This is a good show (I ain't a siscon) as a whole.
But I think Oreimo was still better.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 (out of 10 score overall.

News Flash - If you hated the premise of the show and you still watched it and then you come here using bombastic words to overly exaggerate how bad it is, no your opinion does not count.

I have only seen a very small handful of people criticize the plot thoroughly and in a competent manner the entirety this show has ran. All the complaints are herp derp fan service, incest, this that, half of what the haters complain about is the appeal of the show by the fans who enjoy it. Regardless, its best to try and ignore their negativity because they are just trying to spread their illness online. Sad people : (
Jun 30, 2017 8:07 AM

Jul 2013
I was right from the very get-go that this was going to be a shitfest. Each episode made me question what kind of person I've become to actually lay my eyes on this mess. And multiple times during each episode I hear sirens that I could have sworn were coming from the outside of our yard. I'll be waiting for another season.
Jun 30, 2017 9:38 AM
May 2016
Well, i enjoyed the whole anime just fine. But the final ep ruins it.

and now im still wondering what did this "stairs" shaped thing doing in the middle of the street.
Jun 30, 2017 2:41 PM

Feb 2008
At least it was amusing. Elf's and Muramasa's reactions were hilarious. Thankfully, the show ended on a lighter note.
Jun 30, 2017 2:56 PM
Aug 2014
I cant say much in this show. The author brainwash us to love loli. God damn it i dont want have business with police
Jun 30, 2017 7:58 PM
Jun 2016
Nah, this anime only to promote the LN, so if we want to know the continuation of the story.. We must read the LN. And also don't think the story is worth it.

On this eps, there is so many FS and i just didn't like it
Jul 1, 2017 3:03 AM

Jun 2014
If you hate this anime because of the incest relationship, you should learn why incest is forbidden in the first place.
From biological point of view, incest or inbreed fertilization has huge risks of inheriting sex-chromosome-linked recessive disease, for example haemophilia which killed most of Queen Victoria generation due to inbreeding.

As in Eromanga-sensei anime, step-sibling love can be considered as safe as there's no risk of inheriting sex-chromosome-linked disease. So as biotechnologist and genetic researcher I approve Masamune x Sagiri relation while I absolutely disagree with inbreed relationship in Oreimo

Enjoyment: 9/10
Anime quality rating (art,music,story,etc): 7/10
Jul 1, 2017 4:08 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty fun ride, but i feel like the story is going no where, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. So many references make this show even hillarious they even show characters from oreimo. nothing much to say really.

Masamune x Elf Yamada ( Emily ) let the ship set sail everyone

Overall score 7/10, wouldn't mind for a 2nd season.
Jul 1, 2017 3:11 PM

Dec 2012
It is a very funny anime, it made me laugh a lot. Too bad that the main story didn't progress that much.

After the ED, Sagiri knows where the dick goes.
Jul 1, 2017 8:12 PM

Jul 2012
Seangel said:
If you hate this anime because of the incest relationship, you should learn why incest is forbidden in the first place.
From biological point of view, incest or inbreed fertilization has huge risks of inheriting sex-chromosome-linked recessive disease, for example haemophilia which killed most of Queen Victoria generation due to inbreeding.

As in Eromanga-sensei anime, step-sibling love can be considered as safe as there's no risk of inheriting sex-chromosome-linked disease. So as biotechnologist and genetic researcher I approve Masamune x Sagiri relation while I absolutely disagree with inbreed relationship in Oreimo

Enjoyment: 9/10
Anime quality rating (art,music,story,etc): 7/10

Is there a risk for cartoon characters? Don't you see that step siblings is a cop out especially if they are just going to act like siblings anyway. This series took the half-assed less morally challenging route because the audience would rather not think about the show they watched.
Jul 1, 2017 10:33 PM

Apr 2011
I'm glad to see Tomoe and Megumin again.

The festival was fun. It was really funny. Dunno if Megumin if is pretend to have a boyfriend or not. Most probably the latter. I got smiles and laugh watching.

The series was fun, cute and entertaining. The girls are likable, Megumin is so cute and Elf is best.

7.5/10
Jul 2, 2017 7:30 AM
Jan 2016
How fitting that the finale was the trashiest piece of shit of all the episodes (except maybe episode 1). This anime was like a rollercoaster ride that just took me down to the depths of hell. Now that it's ended, I feel like I've come back up with literally all the cancer and a little trauma.
I only watched this anime because of the podcast Digibro and BestGuyEver were doing, shitting on it, even though they repeatedly told their listeners not to watch it. I was considering watching Oreimo as well, but now that I think about it, I really don't want to do this to myself again.
Jul 2, 2017 7:53 AM

May 2012
Kababi said:
How fitting that the finale was the trashiest piece of shit of all the episodes (except maybe episode 1). This anime was like a rollercoaster ride that just took me down to the depths of hell.
That actually sounds incredibly awesome.
Jul 2, 2017 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
... Wow. The Anime's over just like that...
I'M FREE FROM THE INCEST!

But no, seriously. This episode was a little on the cringe side.
Jul 2, 2017 11:53 AM
Jan 2016
Reikuo said:
Kababi said:
How fitting that the finale was the trashiest piece of shit of all the episodes (except maybe episode 1). This anime was like a rollercoaster ride that just took me down to the depths of hell.
That actually sounds incredibly awesome.
You're kinda right. I knew I shouldn't have used the rollercoaster analogy. A rollercoaster has highs, and actually sounds fun.
Jul 2, 2017 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
Ended was a great wrap for the funny cute incest anime
Jul 3, 2017 11:11 PM

Feb 2010
was a decent anime but it should have an OVA

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
Jul 3, 2017 11:20 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I watched this episode last week or so and I must say that it wasn't the best of season finales but a good one at least. Great to see Sagiri slowly getting over her entrapped way of living. Overall, the show gets 7.5/10 because of the laughter it provided.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 4, 2017 6:35 AM

Jul 2013
Yaboku said:
Nigami_Shin said:
i still don't understand why so many people hate this show and even have to make threads about how much eromanga sucks

anyway it was an enjoyable ecchi-"comedy"-slice-of-life with cute characters. would watch it again. definitely one of the better shows this season 7/10

you are not the intended audience

Oh? Well... okay, but then who are the intended audience for this?

15 years old kid or

30-40 years old basement dweller virgin pedo
Jul 4, 2017 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
I enjoyed it quite a lot for this show. Their goal imoto's cuteness... 7/10
Jul 4, 2017 11:57 AM
Jan 2016
fzncakep said:
Well, i enjoyed the whole anime just fine. But the final ep ruins it.

and now im still wondering what did this "stairs" shaped thing doing in the middle of the street.
Holy shit. I can not unsee that. What the fuck?
Jul 5, 2017 1:09 AM
May 2014
It was absolutely waste of time, pure garbage like oreimo pure garbage.
Jul 6, 2017 11:47 AM
May 2016
I feel like this episode should have been Episode 11 and Episode 11 should have been Episode 12
Jul 7, 2017 10:41 AM

Jan 2016
the most dickiest episode ever :))
Overall it was a funny anime, i hope for second season
Jul 8, 2017 2:36 AM

Jan 2014
something would happened differently if I'm in Izumi's position. an opportunity doesn't come out twice.
if you know what I mean.
Jul 8, 2017 7:04 AM
Jan 2017
It's so bad that became good. One of the funiest ironic views that i had this year. If i was going to rate this show seriously would be a 4/10 but considering all the videos and podcasts that i watched/listened with people just destroying this modern garbage masterpiece of all garbages and the enjoyment that i had with those, then i could consider giving it a 8/10

6/10 for comfort
MatheusRTJul 8, 2017 7:08 AM
Jul 8, 2017 9:04 AM

Aug 2016
I don't really like loli incest anime..... Really disliked Sagiri :/ 5/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 8, 2017 1:09 PM

Mar 2014
Trash series all around. With that said, I would not be opposed to a season 2.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 9, 2017 7:04 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Probably the most fanservicey Eromanga episode I've ever seen so far.

This is anime isn't bad overall, unfortunately Tomoe didn't appear much.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 12, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2016
It's a pretty decent show , I didn't like all of the characters and my fav was Muramasa <3 <3 <3 and i loved Emily a lot too <3 <3 , Well i only liked Sagiri when she was in " Ero Mode " xDD and i liked it when she opened the window and when she got out of her room to welcome back her brother so yea she grew-up through out the show and i liked that <3 <3 , But i didn't like her character overall for some reason :/ .. And for Izumi well yea i liked him as a MC for this show , His straight-man play is kinda good too , I liked this anime because of the ecchi scenes only xDDD , No i really liked this because of a lot of things like the characters the art the OST the comedy <3 , So basically it was a great show overall and the ending was good too , I Don't think there's a need for a 2nd season but if there is , Well I'm ready for it :3 C: , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 12, 2017 5:27 PM

Dec 2014
Nice and cute anime, I love it. It's a shame is over but I hope sequels *-*
Jul 14, 2017 9:37 AM
Nov 2012
Looking forward to a season2 <3

This title took me on an up and down. I initially hated it, the early episodes were such a drag and very hard to get through. Once sagiri started to warm up and his harem started to assemble

I'm not sure if there will be a season 2 though since most of the problems had already been solved (somewhat).

I hope we'll get the oreimo treatment with sagiri and masamune hitting it off
Jul 14, 2017 9:41 AM
Nov 2012
Iamanotakuuu said:
It's a pretty decent show , I didn't like all of the characters and my fav was Muramasa <3 <3 <3 and i loved Emily a lot too <3 <3 , Well i only liked Sagiri when she was in " Ero Mode " xDD and i liked it when she opened the window and when she got out of her room to welcome back her brother so yea she grew-up through out the show and i liked that <3 <3 , But i didn't like her character overall for some reason :/ .. And for Izumi well yea i liked him as a MC for this show , His straight-man play is kinda good too , I liked this anime because of the ecchi scenes only xDDD , No i really liked this because of a lot of things like the characters the art the OST the comedy <3 , So basically it was a great show overall and the ending was good too , I Don't think there's a need for a 2nd season but if there is , Well I'm ready for it :3 C: , Looking Forward !!!!

I like how your icon fits your text perfectly. Felt like we were going round and round and round haha

By the Power of Darkness Flame Master! -
Jul 14, 2017 2:18 PM

Nov 2016
dafckingman said:
Iamanotakuuu said:

I like how your icon fits your text perfectly. Felt like we were going round and round and round haha

By the Power of Darkness Flame Master! -

hahahahaha i know right xDD
Jul 15, 2017 11:44 PM

Feb 2017
Tell me I'm dumb... But who was Masamune in love with? Like I don't get it. He refused everyone. Also the ending wasn't really an ending. Maybe season 2 would actually finish the story?
Jul 16, 2017 9:31 AM

May 2012
SubZeroNexii said:
Tell me I'm dumb... But who was Masamune in love with? Like I don't get it. He refused everyone. Also the ending wasn't really an ending. Maybe season 2 would actually finish the story?

Sagiri, he did not reject her he just felt it would be better to stay as her brother. This will clearly change later on.
Jul 16, 2017 1:10 PM

Feb 2017
Reikuo said:
SubZeroNexii said:

Sagiri, he did not reject her he just felt it would be better to stay as her brother. This will clearly change later on.

Oh that makes sense. Pretty weird to fall in love with your little sister tho.
Jul 16, 2017 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
I thought it was fine show for a spin-off of Oreimo. Though somewhat boring the characters were interesting and story was enjoyable to an extent. Thankfully the main characters are better and more likeable especially the Male lead. I would've also preferred if the author kept the romance part more ambiguous instead of following the Oreimo trend.

Overall 6/10
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

167 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

165 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 27, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.