Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2017 2:00 PM

Jun 2017
Illyricus said:
So, that Charon dude from Selesia's story is going to be one of the bad guys now? I wonder how Matsubara will react to this.

Actually, Matsubara accidentally spoilered to Selesia that the guy will betray her later on so I guess that's why he is sticking to the bad side from the get go.
Jun 24, 2017 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
MomoSinX said:
Illyricus said:
So, that Charon dude from Selesia's story is going to be one of the bad guys now? I wonder how Matsubara will react to this.

Actually, Matsubara accidentally spoilered to Selesia that the guy will betray her later on so I guess that's why he is sticking to the bad side from the get go.
Was really Charon the dude he refered? If I remember correct from what was stated from Matsubara's light novel, Selesia is the heroine and Charon is the main character, and I swear he mentioned that the character who will betray Selesia wasn't Charon, but another ally of hers.
Jun 24, 2017 2:04 PM

Apr 2017
Deathsaurus said:
Sota's guilt is just so fake. It's not even related to him. He's just an inactive bystander who missed the opportunity to help a friend.

This is one of the biggest flaw in this series right now. They are trying to minimize Sota's character flaws right now, but doing it like this makes his guilt seem like a joke.

Agreed. I feel like the characters' psychology is the weakest thing in this anime.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jun 24, 2017 2:11 PM

Jun 2017
Illyricus said:
MomoSinX said:

Was really Charon the dude he refered? If I remember correct from what was stated from Matsubara's light novel, Selesia is the heroine and Charon is the main character, and I swear he mentioned that the character who will betray Selesia wasn't Charon, but another ally of hers.

Oh, you are right, I just rewatched it and it's really another character.
Jun 24, 2017 2:25 PM
Oct 2011
I think we shouldn't judge Souta too soon, I believe there's more going on which Souta hasn't tell us yet. Remember what Altair told Selesia in the 1st episode?

"Yes. My master liked you too"

So much as anime showed to us, we don't see any Selesia artwork in Setsuna's gallery but Souta has one....
Jun 24, 2017 2:25 PM
Apr 2013
SongstressSL said:
Deathsaurus said:
Sota's guilt is just so fake. It's not even related to him. He's just an inactive bystander who missed the opportunity to help a friend.

This is one of the biggest flaw in this series right now. They are trying to minimize Sota's character flaws right now, but doing it like this makes his guilt seem like a joke.

Agreed. I feel like the characters' psychology is the weakest thing in this anime.

Like, if he had said last episode that he felt really bad that he didn't help her, and it upset him till this day, then every thing would have still made sense, but he went out of his way to say "I killed her", that level of claim just doesn't match the extent of what actually happened.

I really thought he had done something so bad to Shimazaki like joining the shitposting crowd and bullying her with them to deserve the crime of "killing her", but nope, he only tried to unfriend a pen pal who he met like once in real life.
Jun 24, 2017 2:31 PM

Apr 2017
Deathsaurus said:
SongstressSL said:

Like, if he had said last episode that he felt really bad that he didn't help her, and it upset him till this day, then every thing would have still made sense, but he went out of his way to say "I killed her", that level of claim just doesn't match the extent of what actually happened.

I really thought he had done something so bad to Shimazaki like joining the shitposting crowd and bullying her with them to deserve the crime of "killing her", but nope, he only tried to unfriend a pen pal who he met like once in real life.

I know...that's why I felt so empty about the scene where he confessed what he did. I mean, it just feels like stranger on internet had surprisingly strong feelings about you and rambled about insecurities over their motivation to do their hobbies. You saw the confusing rambling and callously shrugged it off because you didn't care about their problems much...and then boom - they killed themselves and...now, somehow, in your mind, you're like, "OMG IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!! I KILLED SETSUNA(not F. Seiei)!!!! WAAAAAA I'M SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON!!" (to be fair, he isn't a great person if we look at his insecurities, but still...)
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jun 24, 2017 2:45 PM
Jul 2014
Interesting episode. Didn't play out exactly as the spoilers suggested it would. Still, we're following the same sort of arc as the last season: brief action, followed by downtime, characterization, world-building, then first clashes, final clash, and conclusion.

One wonders how Charon will act when he finds Selesia.
Jun 24, 2017 2:49 PM
Apr 2013
SongstressSL said:
Deathsaurus said:

I know...that's why I felt so empty about the scene where he confessed what he did. I mean, it just feels like stranger on internet had surprisingly strong feelings about you and rambled about insecurities over their motivation to do their hobbies. You saw the confusing rambling and callously shrugged it off because you didn't care about their problems much...and then boom - they killed themselves and...now, somehow, in your mind, you're like, "OMG IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!! I KILLED SETSUNA(not F. Seiei)!!!! WAAAAAA I'M SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON!!" (to be fair, he isn't a great person if we look at his insecurities, but still...)

What's funnier is the people he confessed this to. If he just spit out his sad story to a bunch of socially awkward anime/manga artists, then they could probably relate to him, but all the anime characters in that room were battle hardened warriors who deal with world ending threats on a daily basis. It's such a mismatch to see them feel bad for him.

The writer clearly gets it when Alice was talking to her author about how a person like her author from peaceful modern world couldn't possibly understand what she's going through, he can't relate to her. But the reverse is true as well. She can't relate to the people's struggles in a peaceful world either.
DeathsaurusJun 24, 2017 2:53 PM
Jun 24, 2017 2:49 PM
Jul 2015
Aquamirror said:
I generally dislike how this is playing out.
Souta really seems to blame himself for no real reason; yeah contacting her might have helped but it's too far-fetched to think he is the whole reason she killed herself.

Setsuna suicided because she was blamed for stealing others peoples' works. How to defeat her creation? Actually do steal her own work!! Lolmao??
I'm just gonna quote my other post from the advanced screening thread:
Aquamirror said:
That actually sounds stupid, because it assumes the hardcore Altair fans that create these artworks will actually accept that "canon". Nothing can stop them from keeping them create even more works that deny that story, especially if they already depict her in forms where she defeats other characters (as that implies any sort of "power level" or abilities she can have), which would be a counter to the idea they actually support. It's like making OPM artworks where he gets defeated and people suddenly start liking them? lol
Other people who don't even know about Altair shouldn't have any impact on that story's relevance and another character hijacking act just goes further against the anime's themes as another "fuck you" to Setsuna.

You can't control memes.

And how did Selesia's MC guy even agree to fight against her?

Yeah, this seems more for plot to happen than a viable counterattack. It's possible just for narrative purposes, the characters must go along with this just so it can hilariously backfire on them, because it's not like Altair can't use this for herself. The very likely fan backlash could be just what she wants to make her all-powerful.
Jun 24, 2017 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
remechan said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Or maybe not everyone wants to make mindless action with flashes and explosions because they have actual deep and meaningful for the modern society plot and a message they want to relay. The "not generic" kind of people, for whom "budget" is simple materialistic money, not the quality criterion.

You don't portray a good deep story just by talking all day. That's not how it works. I'm not after action but even moving characters cost and that's the issue here. People just sit around and talk.

This. There is nothing wrong with telling a story, but exposition is never the right answer. If you can't tell your story through actions (NOT necessarily violent actions) you aren't telling your story well. Actions speak louder than words and are far more interesting.
Jun 24, 2017 2:59 PM

Nov 2016
It's a good thing that Meteora and her group came up with a great idea for them to win , but Altair and her group also came up with an idea and that's kinda bad so i think it's 50/50 for both of them ... Still we need to know the full abilities and the motives of that Magane chick and i am pretty sure she got a big role in the upcoming battle , plus i have a slight feeling that Mamika will be revived because i don't think the author will just let her role end like that and we don't know where the creations go when they die so yea ( just a feeling tho ) Pretty hyped for the upcoming battle and it was a decent episode we got to know Setsuna's past with Sota and that's great , Hyped for More : )
Jun 24, 2017 3:02 PM
Jun 2017
This Episode was so good
Jun 24, 2017 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Charon didn't seem to care too much about Altair and her plans, so lets hope he will change sides.
Seems like his objective is to just find Selesia.

Also wonder if the other 3 characters (if we have that many) will be from same stories as the existing ones again.
I rewatched the scene in the first episode when Souta went into Selesia's world before Altair transported her and it seems like Altair is picking the characters based on Setsuna's favorites.
Also since adding completely new characters might be pointless i bet that if not all at least the majority of the new ones will be from the same stories.

I hope 2 of them are the MCs of Yuuya's and Magane's stories
removed-userJun 24, 2017 3:22 PM
Jun 24, 2017 3:20 PM
Jun 2017
New Character looks good
Jun 24, 2017 3:44 PM

Feb 2016
AoiHonoo said:
Aquamirror said:
I generally dislike how this is playing out.
Souta really seems to blame himself for no real reason; yeah contacting her might have helped but it's too far-fetched to think he is the whole reason she killed herself.

Setsuna suicided because she was blamed for stealing others peoples' works. How to defeat her creation? Actually do steal her own work!! Lolmao??
I'm just gonna quote my other post from the advanced screening thread:

You can't control memes.

And how did Selesia's MC guy even agree to fight against her?

Yeah, this seems more for plot to happen than a viable counterattack. It's possible just for narrative purposes, the characters must go along with this just so it can hilariously backfire on them, because it's not like Altair can't use this for herself. The very likely fan backlash could be just what she wants to make her all-powerful.

Yeah, I really hope it happens so. There are still 12 more episodes so there will be complications for sure, it seems too easy/forced at this point.
Jun 24, 2017 4:25 PM

Dec 2016
Rather interesting plan they are going to start in order to defeat Altair.

It's going to be a lot of hard work though, and probably not that simple.

Altair has basically become a meme and getting stronger because of it.
Jun 24, 2017 4:36 PM
Jul 2015
Hmm, I liked the direction RE:Creator was going for, but it seems like they've fallen back again...
Exposition is necessary but come on, do it right. They did it in such an uninteresting way that I missed half of it.
I don't mind long dialogue, heck, my favourite anime's are Spice and Wolf and the Monogatari series, which are known for long dialogue. The difference however between those and Re:Creators is that the other 2 make the dialogue engaging even if it's a very boring/mundane thing they're talking about. Re:Creators can't even make the very important dialogue engaging, unless it's Magane. It sounds like I'm reading a book and though I very much like books, that's not how anime, videogame or movie adaptations should be.
I hope they will fix the way they do exposition and some of the dialogues. Other than that this anime is really good.
Jun 24, 2017 4:47 PM

Jan 2017
I'm having an uneasy feeling after this episode, but I don't know why. For sure, Meteora feels overpowered, she's the one always having the plans. But to add to this, she now openly orders people and even the government around. For heaven's sake, creators of this Anime, let others have a plot-progressing idea for once. I like Meteora, but this makes her unrealistic as hell to me.

Bringing in Selesia's partner and having him fight on the other side is a clever move by Altair. I like that.

But am I getting this right: Altair's power comes from doujins who create random stuff about her? Why not just censorring that, then. I mean, they have the government on their side, and the world is at stake. And even more so, why not then create their own content about Altair, turning her into a fancy little (unarmed) princess? If anything can be created, and just needs approval by some people, why the heck this epic battle stuff? If the reason why they can't do what I just described isn't explained in some way, I sense a huge plot hole.
Jun 24, 2017 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
Megahornet said:
So this 'cage' they are talking about is a battle royale cross-over story... And their time limit is 6 months... This anime is listed to air 22 episodes which is approximately 6 months worth... So basically this anime is the cage.

Things are getting meta.
Was about to post and refute your statement. Then I thought about. Then I realized and hoped. Please let this anime be the cage.

Meta glory right there if this is how it ends up.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 24, 2017 5:08 PM

Sep 2016
every week your desire to kill off meteora just keep rising and rising. altair, save us from this exposition!!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 24, 2017 5:09 PM

Mar 2013
After a few episodes I had to go back & make sure they didn't hire Gen Urabuchi as a writer or creative credit on this show.

Six months is quite a bit if time. They'll probably time skip. I'm guessing Altair will bring in two more people. The 'Cage" aspect will come in to play & in the middle of the battle she goes all deus ex machina & pulls the 3rd out to save her ass.
Jun 24, 2017 5:12 PM

Aug 2011
Inugami157 said:
I think we shouldn't judge Souta too soon, I believe there's more going on which Souta hasn't tell us yet. Remember what Altair told Selesia in the 1st episode?

"Yes. My master liked you too"

So much as anime showed to us, we don't see any Selesia artwork in Setsuna's gallery but Souta has one....

I also noticed that!! Tbh for a few episodes now I have been suspecting that Souta was co-creator of Altair. Well, after this ep I'm not so sure anymore bc when Setsuna send him the video it seems that was the first time he found out about Altair.. But as you mentioned, he might have not told everything.
Maybe they discussed together her new visuals? I mean, why else would Souta be involved in all this mess so early. There has to be something.
Jun 24, 2017 5:18 PM

Aug 2011
n8fury said:
And even more so, why not then create their own content about Altair, turning her into a fancy little (unarmed) princess? If anything can be created, and just needs approval by some people, why the heck this epic battle stuff? If the reason why they can't do what I just described isn't explained in some way, I sense a huge plot hole.

If she keeps gaining powers through stories, then one story wouldn't nullify them all. It wouldnt make sense to create such content.
Also, Altair IS the former fancy little princess. People wouldn't acknowledge such story. So, once again - it wouldn't make sense.
Jun 24, 2017 5:59 PM
Apr 2017
Don't get me wrong, but the new op and ed song will perform in episode 14,MAL sometimes got wrong, the official site announce the new op and ed will begin airing in 8 July, so yeah if i count correctly, it will be at episode 14
Thus,if we got the new op and ed in next episode it will be very weird
1.Altair said there will be more creation to come, so we need to see they figure first, so they can came up in opening visual
2.Probably Episode 13 will introduce lot of New Creation and which side they pick
darksidemlzJun 24, 2017 6:08 PM
Jun 24, 2017 6:06 PM

Jul 2016
Leo_10 said:
Aliceteria finally knows that it was Magane who killed Mamika.

thebrentinator24 said:
I'm glad to see that Alice seems to be using her brain a bit more. She realized that Magane was the one who killed Mamika, not Meteora

is my eye deceiving me ? last time I checked it was Altair who killed Mamika

Magane was only guilty for denying Mamika's request of telling Alice the truth
Jun 24, 2017 6:10 PM

Aug 2015
Interesting episode. Looking forward to seeing how their plan develops and man at the end, Selesia's dude shows up.
Jun 24, 2017 6:12 PM

Jun 2014
Raptors0verlord said:
Leo_10 said:

thebrentinator24 said:
I'm glad to see that Alice seems to be using her brain a bit more. She realized that Magane was the one who killed Mamika, not Meteora

Oh yeah, I fucked up there lol. But if I'm not mistaken, Alice is not yet aware of that. Since Magane was at the scene when Mamika was dying, Alice probably assumed Magane killed her.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 24, 2017 6:24 PM

Aug 2013
4kicks said:
Leo_10 said:

That guy from Selesia's story.

1. Magane didn't kill her. Altair did. Alice probably only thinks magane did it/lied about it.

Raptors0verlord said:
Leo_10 said:

thebrentinator24 said:

My bad. Don't know what I was thinking while writing that.

thebrentinator24 said:
Raptors0verlord said:

Oh yeah, I fucked up there lol. But if I'm not mistaken, Alice is not yet aware of that. Since Magane was at the scene when Mamika was dying, Alice probably assumed Magane killed her.

Guess we both made the same mistake lol. A major fuck up.

Jun 24, 2017 6:31 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I think the buildup for this big upcoming battle in the cage is brilliant. I'm having goosebumps just thinking about the fight of the century and I couldn't get any more hyped than this! >_<
Jun 24, 2017 6:33 PM
Apr 2015
From the Light Novel, Charon died thanks to Hydra the traitor.

So now he came to real world from Anime, probably he has read the LN and knew about his future.

Joined Altair's army to save HIS world or even at least save HIMSELF from being betrayed.

New meta af
Jun 24, 2017 6:48 PM

Jun 2011
SongstressSL said:
Deathsaurus said:

I don't remember it clearly, but there is a theory of how people face their most intimate people's death. Souta stays in part 3,"If I did XXXX, then she would survive...." for too long.
Jun 24, 2017 6:58 PM

May 2012
Oh my. The villains has recruited Selesia's partner in her story.. hype!
Jun 24, 2017 7:01 PM

Jun 2011
Ya-Shiro said:
Charon didn't seem to care too much about Altair and her plans, so lets hope he will change sides.
Seems like his objective is to just find Selesia.

Also wonder if the other 3 characters (if we have that many) will be from same stories as the existing ones again.
I rewatched the scene in the first episode when Souta went into Selesia's world before Altair transported her and it seems like Altair is picking the characters based on Setsuna's favorites.
Also since adding completely new characters might be pointless i bet that if not all at least the majority of the new ones will be from the same stories.

I hope 2 of them are the MCs of Yuuya's and Magane's stories

Jun 24, 2017 7:02 PM

Apr 2017

The problem is, while it was established he knew her, I fail to see those two as intimate. They went on one date and then he basically tried to unfriend her after she got famous. Now, I hang around the internet a lot, and I've been close to various people online on and off. I can't say their relationship seemed all that close even at the point of the "date" other than the one coincidence where they were almost laying next to each other. By the time where he was like "I don't know how to help you, don't ask me" (something similar to this), it felt like they were almost as good as strangers, or at least, very distant. And if she really were that intimate with him, it begs the question why she didn't stay closer to him with her communications.

That's why I agree with Deathsaurus that they have basically portrayed his guilt as a joke now. His reactions and snapshots imply he actively did something to harm her. Yet, all we see from his story is inactiveness and...the fact that they're not even all that close? If he felt his guilt was pushing her away rather than inaction, that's a different story then, but still doesn't rightfully explain the intensity of the portrayed emotions. He'd have to have multiple instances where he unintentionally makes decisions that leads to people dying to react this way, but I don't think that's the case for him. I feel like based on the backstory they gave, they should have lessened his guilt or been bold enough to make his backstory as having joined in on the internet trolling/deriding/etc.
Jun 24, 2017 7:37 PM

Dec 2014
ooh nice this gets more and more interesting...... pretty fascinating...a new character shows up
Jun 24, 2017 7:44 PM
Jul 2014
SongstressSL said:

The problem is, while it was established he knew her, I fail to see those two as intimate. They went on one date and then he basically tried to unfriend her after she got famous. Now, I hang around the internet a lot, and I've been close to various people online on and off. I can't say their relationship seemed all that close even at the point of the "date" other than the one coincidence where they were almost laying next to each other. By the time where he was like "I don't know how to help you, don't ask me" (something similar to this), it felt like they were almost as good as strangers, or at least, very distant. And if she really were that intimate with him, it begs the question why she didn't stay closer to him with her communications.

That's why I agree with Deathsaurus that they have basically portrayed his guilt as a joke now. His reactions and snapshots imply he actively did something to harm her. Yet, all we see from his story is inactiveness and...the fact that they're not even all that close? If he felt his guilt was pushing her away rather than inaction, that's a different story then, but still doesn't rightfully explain the intensity of the portrayed emotions. He'd have to have multiple instances where he unintentionally makes decisions that leads to people dying to react this way, but I don't think that's the case for him. I feel like based on the backstory they gave, they should have lessened his guilt or been bold enough to make his backstory as having joined in on the internet trolling/deriding/etc.

I disagree; for the sake of the story there seems to be a lot that was glossed over; if Setsuna/Yuna's mother thought to contact Souta, then clearly she had either met him or knew of him enough to know that he was important to Setsuna/Yuna.

As such, we don't really have an indication of whether or not they met up at a later date to watch shows together and so on.

2thuriel said:

Charon is interesting. He's obviously a lot more like Aliceteria given that he's still operating on the internal logic of his world. I fully expect there to be a clash between him, Selesia, and Matsubara later on. He'll definitely have a bad reaction to Matsubara, for sure. There's also the question of whether or not he has a mech like Vogelchevalier.

Also, if Alice believes that Magane killed Mamika, then it's fairly obvious that Alice is going to be either injured or killed. Remember that Magane's hex is still active, so the moment that Aliceteria tries to stab Magane, her lance will likely shatter and impale her.
firemagnetJun 24, 2017 7:49 PM
Jun 24, 2017 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
makes sense for the 2nd cour to get more new characters showing up since hopefully the "good side" gets some too

everything surrounding Souta is still awful
Jun 24, 2017 8:03 PM
Jul 2014
katsu044 said:
makes sense for the 2nd cour to get more new characters showing up since hopefully the "good side" gets some too

everything surrounding Souta is still awful

Souta's psychology is interesting. His role in why Shimazaki Yuna committed suicide is clearly minor--he couldn't have had the impact that he thinks he had. Yet its clear that he believes himself to have played a role. This says much about both his own ego, as well as how much he cared for her, in the end.
Jun 24, 2017 8:14 PM
Jul 2014
side note:

Next week's episode is supposed to be a recap episode (According to Sunday Webry):
https://www.sunday-webry.com/events/re_creators_naked/interview12/

my reaction:

Jun 24, 2017 8:27 PM
Jul 2012
Really, I just really hope Selesia won't betray Sota's group because of Charon, it would be really stupid!
Jun 24, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2013
Sota definitely should feel bad for what happened with Setsuna.

Dat ending! Pretty sure that dude came from Selesia's story.
Jun 24, 2017 8:40 PM
Jul 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Sota definitely should feel bad for what happened with Setsuna.

Dat ending! Pretty sure that dude came from Selesia's story.

He did. He's the main character of it. Though everything suggests that he's rather stock-MC-ish.

Jun 24, 2017 8:52 PM
Jun 2017
I can't wait for the new episodes to come out, that Charon finally appeared and I'm looking forward to it.
Jun 24, 2017 11:16 PM

Jun 2016
so basicaly.. this anime told to us that... altair has a the power of meme...

sound good for me....
Jun 24, 2017 11:45 PM

Feb 2017
is2g this show is going to kill me. Yes, for me it is that good and it's a shame that it's so underrated out there.

I don't even know where to start with this week's episode. Sota's story continued and it was just as I expected: he neglected their friendship and refused to offer his sympathy/help, which led to Shimazaki's suicide. Shimazaki's last message came from her being hurt and feeling utterly lost in the world, after finding that her passion was not fun anymore and her only friend denied her. Despite everything --even if it was an extremely overreaction on her part--, her pain was real and that is what originated Altair's hatred. On the other hand, it was nice to see the other writers/artist understand/sympathize (but not condone) Sota's reaction and (finally!) Sota showed some resolve.

What it's going to happen now, during the second part of the season, is going to be awesome: a crossover event. And if you think about it, that's so meta. It's what Re:Creators is all about (it's probably going to be called that, I guess?).

I was re-watching Altair and Selesia's first encounter, and Altair said that she possessed "the power of eternal reincarnation". At the moment, that didn't make sense, but now I understand it. As a creation, Altair is different from the others. She is a secondary creation (inspired by another character) and since her creator, Shimazaki, died, she got free, in more than one way. What I want to say is that she is not copyrighted, she's just like a fan-art with multiple of derivative fan-arts and fan-videos throughout the web. She's being created and recreated and recreated. In that sense, she's so OP.

In contrast, the rest of the creations are the "official" versions, as they were envisioned by their original creators (even Meteora, whose creator is dead) and, thus, they are kind of "copyrighted". As a result of this, they are bound to their creators' "official" enhancements and the public acceptance of their audience. This only means that they have to wait for acceptance in order to gain a temporal upgrade while Altair is more free on that aspect.

We're going to have more creations for the next episodes, which is something I'm really looking forward; although I'm gonna miss Mamika, I wish she could have the opportunity so see Aliceteria's change. (Btw, finally! Aliceteria is starting to see the light after that confrontation with her creator.)

Finally... OMG, that was Charon right there, at the end! Selesia and Charon are going to have a rough encounter.
Jun 24, 2017 11:46 PM

Jul 2016
lTl__lTl said:
so basicaly.. this anime told to us that... altair has a the power of meme...

sound good for me....

Yeah! Interesting concept of a "public character" - her design resembles of a high-ranking "communist-esque" officer. Also she holds a PPSH-41 sub-machine gun, a weapon used by USSR during WWII.
Jun 25, 2017 12:18 AM
Jul 2014
Zoos said:
is2g this show is going to kill me. Yes, for me it is that good and it's a shame that it's so underrated out there.

I don't even know where to start with this week's episode. Sota's story continued and it was just as I expected: he neglected their friendship and refused to offer his sympathy/help, which led to Shimazaki's suicide. Shimazaki's last message came from her being hurt and feeling utterly lost in the world, after finding that her passion was not fun anymore and her only friend denied her. Despite everything --even if it was an extremely overreaction on her part--, her pain was real and that is what originated Altair's hatred. On the other hand, it was nice to see the other writers/artist understand/sympathize (but not condone) Sota's reaction and (finally!) Sota showed some resolve.

What it's going to happen now, during the second part of the season, is going to be awesome: a crossover event. And if you think about it, that's so meta. It's what Re:Creators is all about (it's probably going to be called that, I guess?).

I was re-watching Altair and Selesia's first encounter, and Altair said that she possessed "the power of eternal reincarnation". At the moment, that didn't make sense, but now I understand it. As a creation, Altair is different from the others. She is a secondary creation (inspired by another character) and since her creator, Shimazaki, died, she got free, in more than one way. What I want to say is that she is not copyrighted, she's just like a fan-art with multiple of derivative fan-arts and fan-videos throughout the web. She's being created and recreated and recreated. In that sense, she's so OP.

In contrast, the rest of the creations are the "official" versions, as they were envisioned by their original creators (even Meteora, whose creator is dead) and, thus, they are kind of "copyrighted". As a result of this, they are bound to their creators' "official" enhancements and the public acceptance of their audience. This only means that they have to wait for acceptance in order to gain a temporal upgrade while Altair is more free on that aspect.

We're going to have more creations for the next episodes, which is something I'm really looking forward; although I'm gonna miss Mamika, I wish she could have the opportunity so see Aliceteria's change. (Btw, finally! Aliceteria is starting to see the light after that confrontation with her creator.)

Finally... OMG, that was Charon right there, at the end! Selesia and Charon are going to have a rough encounter.

Altair is best compared to a very (very!) dark version of Hatsune Miku, in the sense that much of their popularity has come not from the original work itself, but from what fans have done with the original material (see: Black Rock Shooter).

IMHO it would be quite interesting to see two characters who are being "endlessly recreated," like Hatsune Miku and Altair face off.

firemagnetJun 25, 2017 12:22 AM
Jun 25, 2017 1:15 AM

Feb 2017
firemagnet said:
Zoos said:

Altair is best compared to a very (very!) dark version of Hatsune Miku, in the sense that much of their popularity has come not from the original work itself, but from what fans have done with the original material (see: Black Rock Shooter).

IMHO it would be quite interesting to see two characters who are being "endlessly recreated," like Hatsune Miku and Altair face off.

Yes, exactly. I was thiking about the fanfiction phenomena. It's quite interesting if you think bout it, and I'm sure there are many examples, but the ones in my mind right now are Cassandra Clare's Shadow Hunters series (Orignated as Harry Potter fanfiction) and EL James' 50 Shades fiasco (Twilight fanfiction). The funny thing is that those stories were originated as part of a fandom and then were re-written for the sake of copyright and "originality", resulting in /huge/ amounts of new fics and fandoms of their own.
Jun 25, 2017 2:43 AM
Jun 2017
Do u think that the new guy from Selesia story will become good or bad guy? :) In my opinion he will become bad guy because Marine said in some episode (i think third) that in manga he will fight against Selesia. Selesia was suprised in that episode because she was from the anime.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.