Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wish we get more focus on that Blitz guy. Oh well.

Looks like we're still getting more talk from Souta and ofc, he feels kinda guilty for what happened with Setsuna. Alicetelia's role this episode made me chuckle a little. She just seems bend on trying to settle things right (in her view anyway)

There's also more insight on Altair again (lol, the chibi version is funny tbh). No wonder she's so damn strong in their world.
Also, new world character introduced? I'm guessing Selestia will have to face that one guy from her original world soon since he seems to be on Altair's side.

Feels like the pacing of the show slowed down a bit though so I hope it picks up more soon.
Stark700Jun 24, 2017 8:07 AM
Jun 24, 2017 8:03 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The issue with Recreators is the pacing and the bricks of information that they are using to setup the narrative. The show is good but some episodes could be boring. We have seen an episode with lots of information and less action again but so far the show stills interesting, hope they improve the pacing a bit.
PipeJun 24, 2017 8:47 AM

Jun 24, 2017 8:25 AM
Apr 2017
PipeBoss said:
The issue with Recreators is the pacing and the bricks of information that they are using to setup the narrative. The show is good but some episodes could be boring. We have seen an episode with lots of information and less action again but so far the show stills interesting, jooe they improve the pacing a bit.

They can't. It's clearly a budget issue.
Jun 24, 2017 8:46 AM
Apr 2016
remechan said:
PipeBoss said:
The issue with Recreators is the pacing and the bricks of information that they are using to setup the narrative. The show is good but some episodes could be boring. We have seen an episode with lots of information and less action again but so far the show stills interesting, jooe they improve the pacing a bit.

Or maybe not everyone wants to make mindless action with flashes and explosions because they have actual deep and meaningful for the modern society plot and a message they want to relay. The "not generic" kind of people, for whom "budget" is simple materialistic money, not the quality criterion.
Re:formed
Jun 24, 2017 8:46 AM
Jan 2017
Holy shit this episode. The meta is real. I'm hype. Put them in the cage! It's gonna be the fight of the century!

Jun 24, 2017 8:47 AM
Apr 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
remechan said:

Or maybe not everyone wants to make mindless action with flashes and explosions because they have actual deep and meaningful for the modern society plot and a message they want to relay. The "not generic" kind of people, for whom "budget" is simple materialistic money, not the quality criterion.

You don't portray a good deep story just by talking all day. That's not how it works. I'm not after action but even moving characters cost and that's the issue here. People just sit around and talk.
Jun 24, 2017 8:50 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
remechan said:
PipeBoss said:

Maybe, haven't considered that because they let this serie for two seasons but is an option

Jun 24, 2017 8:55 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Yuna's suicide was sad, sucks that Sota just pushed her away like that. He could've given her the hope to live on but he just chose to walk away. :(

Aliceteria finally showing some improvement? I really liked the talk she had with her creator, I half expected her to kill him but I'm glad she was level headed with him.

Interesting plan we got going here, create a series of spin off's that foreshadow possible cross overs and leave the final battle to improvisation. Hope this works.

The new guy at the end is the one from Selesia's story right?
Jun 24, 2017 8:59 AM

Jul 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.
The new guy at the end is the one from Selesia's story right?

yaa, seems like it, also it seems Alice finally using her brain for once in a while
Jun 24, 2017 9:02 AM

Jun 2015
Sota really feels guilty of what happened to Setsuna. Got to learn how Altair can gain more powers. She gets them from secondary creations about her. The only way to beat her is to have a huge event where people can agree to have spin-offs. Aliceteria let her creator go after she had a talk with him. A new guy appeared at the end. He's looking for someone.
Jun 24, 2017 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
Aliceteria finally knows that it was Magane who killed Mamika.

Souta felt guilty about what happened to Setsuna. Her suicide shows the dark side of the internet.

That guy from Selesia's story.

Edit: *Altair was the one who killed Mamika.
LeoJun 26, 2017 9:44 AM

Jun 24, 2017 9:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
remechan said:

I couldn't agree more

The thing that I love most about this series is how well thought out and developed the narrative is.....It's not rushed and eve though it's slow, it's never meaningless and this episode was another example of this

I really like the plan that Meteora came up with and boy does it sound hype especially considering that my hunch that we'd get new characters is coming true due to the post credits scene (Pretty sure that guy is the main hero from Selesia's game/anime, so I can't wait to see the interactions that follow)....Great thinking on the god guys' parts

As for Alicetaria, I'm glad that she figured out that she was being stupid and that Meteora is indeed innocent and it made me like her more to see that she finally understands what Sota was trying to convey to her and is seemingly willing to go against Altair - Really nice talk that she had with her creator...Also, I really want to see and learn more about that old man after what was revealed about him in this episode

And lastly, hearing the end of Sota's story was pretty depressing and even though I'm proud that he decided to stop being a little shit and take responsibility/better himself, I dunno if I would be able to forgive him considering that he literally stood by and let this girl go through all of that bullshit/kill herself all because he was stupidly jealous....

Now I kinda sympathize with why Altair wants to destroy our world, because Setsuna was a sweet girl and she didn't deserve that fate at all, bu this just goes to show why this writing is so good.....Can't wait to see the new OP visuals to go along with that AMAZING new song
TokoyaJun 24, 2017 9:14 AM
Jun 24, 2017 9:14 AM

Sep 2015

Interesting development...
EroKing_ASJun 24, 2017 9:30 AM
Jun 24, 2017 9:19 AM
Apr 2017
I knew Charon will show up
Jun 24, 2017 9:33 AM

Nov 2014
So Altair has the powers of a meme? Best girl right here...
Jun 24, 2017 9:36 AM

Apr 2016
This episode was great. So they are going to make spin-off for each story and then those spin-offs will be a huge story.. Very interesting...I have a feeling that the new guy might be related to Selesia...maybe is her partner... This anime is turning into a masterpiece...so far 9,3/10
Anyway can't wait for next week..

Jun 24, 2017 9:38 AM

Feb 2014
Cour_Victor said:
Holy shit this episode. The meta is real. I'm hype. Put them in the cage! It's gonna be the fight of the century!

This show is gonna go down as the best concept of the century!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 24, 2017 9:46 AM
Jan 2017
The road was hard but it finally happened: Souta gains the strength to move on from Shimazaki's death and become a better person. At the same time, we get an explanation on Altair's powers and a rough idea on how to stop her. I also enjoyed that Aliceteria decided where her loyalties really lie and makes peace with her Creator. Unfortunately, we don't get much focus on Blitz, who is implied to be lying about who he is. Also, that last scene with Charon is sure to make our collective blood boil. Honestly, I had a feeling he would come into the series, so it's not exactly a surprise for me. Still, episodes like strong character development like this are always appreciated.
Jun 24, 2017 9:54 AM
Apr 2016
So in case we can trust that "two or three more characters" from Altair, I guess those will be Blitz's partner, Kanoya's partner (there was one mentioned, right? A girl I think) and Mirokuji's Rival, the main character from his story. And it seems that the first one, Charon, is not exactly "friendly-minded" to this world.
The ED sequence is something that is going to happen in the end in a grand finale crossover battle, huh... Everyone meets everyone and the stories collide. Sounds childish. In reality? Sick.
As for Souta, I think he will create some final story where the Altair sets her mind straight. As the second-hand internet creations provide Altair with powers, Souta can provide her with much more by giving it his all.
Re:formed
Jun 24, 2017 10:03 AM
May 2017
Sota again .... Want to punch Sota in the Face and said "Don't run away !!!" But not happen ... wkwkwkw ... What a Great Anime Series . Always beyond my hope ...

.... This Episode also describe about from where and what also why Altair so powerful ....

But wait, Charon from Selesia Story is show up !! Can't wait to watch Next Episode !! Altair is wait 2-3 Character that will show up ... This mean, there are a lot of Unknown Story about to came up ... !!! And the Attack wil begin !

"Quiet before the storm "... This is a next situation about this Anime ... i think ... wkwkwkw ...

A different story from An Action Anime.

*note: Sorry for my Bad English
Nugi_3898Jun 24, 2017 10:12 AM
Jun 24, 2017 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
So, Altair recieves power update thanks to the fans doujins? Lol.
Jun 24, 2017 10:11 AM

Sep 2013
Souta is boring as sht, geezus who fcking cares?
Now the gov and the creators comeup with a plan to make a cage world by crossovers and spinoffs.
Red hair's boyfirend arrives.
Jun 24, 2017 10:11 AM

Oct 2015
Another episode with only talks, but that's okay. I'm glad Soma feel guilty for what he's done, but it's kind of hard to forgive him, for abandoned Setsuna. A new creation appear, and it's Charon, Selesia's partner. And Altair said there will be around two or three more creations to appear, holy shit! They're going to fight in a cage, I'm so hype about this upcoming battle. I'm still wondering how will Magane battles in that cage, since she's neutral. Can't wait for the new opening and the battle of the year! It will be sad later in the last episode, since all creations will return to to their respective world. I hope Matsubara continue Meteora's story and decided to make her world connected to Selesia's world. The chance is small, but anything is possible
Jun 24, 2017 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
No actions but the narration is nice.
Jun 24, 2017 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
EroKing_AS said:

Interesting development...

Did I just hear Daisuke Ono's voice?
Gosh, the new character's appearance made me all so excited.
Jun 24, 2017 10:31 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Not really surprised that Charon suddenly appeared in this world but still an interesting development .-.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 24, 2017 10:38 AM

Jan 2016
Very intresting, with the new character introduced and he's someone Selesia is very familiar with......

But seriously I hope Sota can do something useful in this anime, right now he isn't being to helpful. He was such a dick to the girl who died (can't remeber her name)
Jun 24, 2017 10:47 AM
Nov 2011
I wonder how much of a bonehead Charon will be.
Jun 24, 2017 10:47 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad to see that Alice seems to be using her brain a bit more. She realized that Magane was the one who killed Mamika, not Meteora, and she seemed pretty rational during her talk with her creator.

This plan that Meteora and co. are coming up with sounds very complicated but pretty damn cool. A series of spinoffs that brings everyone together to beat Altair. Kind of makes sense that they would have to do something like that, the way Altair gets her powers is broken as fuck. Like Meteora said, she could infinitely expand her arsenal just from what people post online.

That character at the end (from Selesia's story, judging from the screenshots someone posted above) seems like he'll be an interesting addition to the story. Altair also mentioned a few more characters will show up, which I wasn't expecting, but I'm kind of happy about that since it'll make things more exciting and shake things up a bit. It would be kind of lame if it was just this same cast for the entire show.

And @yuliyana29 Yep that was Daisuke Ono.
thebrentinator24Jun 24, 2017 10:51 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 24, 2017 10:50 AM
May 2013
Am I the only one who wish that Altair's side wins in the end ??? (not that I mind)

Jun 24, 2017 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
Not much action again, but I don't mind since we got a lot of build up,interesting revelations and some new character which showed up and will show up.

The potential to get an amazing final is there.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 24, 2017 11:02 AM
Jan 2017
yuliyana29 said:
Did I just hear Daisuke Ono's voice?
Gosh, the new character's appearance made me all so excited.

Daisuke Ono it is.

Kin088 said:
Am I the only one who wish that Altair's side wins in the end ??? (not that I mind)

She's just so exciting, except the fact that she is a murderer. Hard not to root for her though
Jun 24, 2017 11:10 AM

Dec 2015
Decent episode. Just talking stuffs, not that I have big problem with that. The only thing that make me a bit disappointed with this episode was , I expected that they will told us more about Blitz, since in the preview they somehow like focusing on his Creator, Sugura, but that is just my problem....

Btw, no wonder Altair seems to be OP so far, with that secondary creations or whatever they told us. And, again, there's Meteora devise an interesting plan to confront Altair. Well, are they gonna throw up an event, maybe some convention or cosplay event? I can't wait to see that, honestly.

I'm glad that Alicetaria had more conversation with her Creators like that, and more importantly, have a better grasp of reality. I really hope she won't die to soon.

Well, for Souta, he's sucks for letting Setsuna going through all of that by herself, which led to her suicide.

Well, more Creations will appear, and I hope they won't throw something cheesy or forceful on Charon, considering he appeared on Altair's side first, and not make he to be manipulated or some sort of things that make him fight his 'girlfriend' which is on the other team

PLEASE, MORE BLITZ!!!
Jun 24, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
So, that Charon dude from Selesia's story is going to be one of the bad guys now? I wonder how Matsubara will react to this.
Jun 24, 2017 11:30 AM

Feb 2016
We'll have to see what Charon's true feelings/motives are once he meets up with Selesia. New OP and ED next week hype!
Jun 24, 2017 11:31 AM

Sep 2014
I'm a bit skeptical about all this separate story and a cage plan. Somehow I feel that it won't work and eventually our cast will have to find another way to wrap things up.
As I understood for story to change it has to be appreciated by viewers/readers? And as we saw other people constantly create various works of art featuring Altair - which means public likes her.
Jun 24, 2017 11:56 AM

Oct 2013
TL;DR - Shouta's a f**** , and deserves to be thrown into some really fucked up mangaverse.

The New Plan: We make a massive crossover where Altair is the villian and she looses in the end!!! We make an anime where Altair is the villian... and name it Re:Creators! .. wait, is this A fiction within a fiction?

Altair is gonna bring reinforcements, and 3 new characters will appear. Selesia will have to face the main character from her story, who's probably her love interest.

-For Saving the world: Selesia, Meteora, Mirokuji, Rui
-For Blowing up the world: Altair, Blitz, Charon
-May Become an Ally or die: Aliceteria
-For the keks: Magane

-TBA: 3 New Characters!!!
Jun 24, 2017 12:15 PM

Sep 2015
It seems Sota is being set up to inevitably take responsibility for Altair, and in turn truly accept the death of Yuna. I'm not sure how he's going to quell Altair's rage though, but I can definitely see it coming.
Altair doesn't seem to particularly hate him either, her reaction when she saw him in episode 1 was one of surprise, and the only positive facial expression she's shown thus far (she always has a smirk, or with Mamika, a very angry/annoyed expression) and if she hated him she could easily kidnap and murder him.

The cover of the OST with Altair falling into the ocean/abyss also parallels Yuna in the opening. I'll post comparison pics later when I have more time.

Jun 24, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2008
Leo_10 said:
Aliceteria finally knows that it was Magane who killed Mamika.

That guy from Selesia's story.

1. Magane didn't kill her. Altair did. Alice probably only thinks magane did it/lied about it.
2. Predictable AF.

After all the hype about this anime in the beginning....it continues to become more stale each week....at least the music is still good.
Jun 24, 2017 12:31 PM

Apr 2017
Am I the only one who doesn't feel Sota is particularly guilty? I mean, he acts like he murdered someone...but I feel like it was more or less Shimazaki's own insecurities after hearing his narrative. I mean, he didn't brew up the accusations...he has no control over the fact that Shimazaki didn't make any friends besides just him...he didn't even know what was really going through that girl's mind 'cus she seems to have just rambled about drawing in the text message(and it didn't give suicidal vibes, more like a heroic B.S.O.D. vibe in a kid's shounen story)...and the only thing he seems to have done wrong was not be in an emotionally capable position to cheer her up?

This wasn't so noticeable for me before because the snapshots of their past were implying he did actively do something to hurt her...yet I'm not seeing his part in her death (if you can consider something similar to "I don't know how to help you" to be a contribution) as active, but rather, as a natural consequence of who he was. Mind you I still feel it's good that he feels he should be a better person than he used to be, but...
BalsaminaJun 24, 2017 12:41 PM
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jun 24, 2017 12:37 PM

Sep 2015
Oh shit she brought the mc from Selesia's story to her side
Jun 24, 2017 12:39 PM
Aug 2016
setsuna was weak,u expect entering world of illustration/doujinshi was all fun and easy? internet is a scary place for trolling. this happen always no matter how good ur original drawing. there's always someone out there gonna critics and insult just for fun..
sota getting better of himself to move on.nothing unusual with wat have happen,anyone with similar situation could have done same
Jun 24, 2017 12:43 PM

May 2015
Oh boy, the guy from Selesia's story appeared. This is getting interesting for sure, and this was a decent build-up episode in my opinion.

Jun 24, 2017 12:44 PM

Feb 2015
My god I love this show, but my opinion of Souta has sunk to an all time low.

What a pathetic piece of shit he is.

Really ruining my enjoyment of this anime.
Jun 24, 2017 12:52 PM

Apr 2017
unbournx said:
setsuna was weak,u expect entering world of illustration/doujinshi was all fun and easy? internet is a scary place for trolling. this happen always no matter how good ur original drawing. there's always someone out there gonna critics and insult just for fun..
sota getting better of himself to move on.nothing unusual with wat have happen,anyone with similar situation could have done same

I feel less alone. Lol.

And you're right, the internet is not for people who have thin skin.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jun 24, 2017 12:56 PM

Dec 2015
Finally for once I can say that I liked Alice in this episode, maybe there's still time for her to change.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 24, 2017 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Okay so that was a good episode, although I initially have a skeptical feeling with how the story will be handled but not so sure. But so far so good in here... especially when Alice actually started to act less dense and realize the reality and the truth, same with Sota growing as a character which was pretty nice development from there.

Other than that it was pretty nice I suppose.

Also rather hyped as shit for the next episode with the build up.
Jun 24, 2017 1:43 PM

Feb 2016
I generally dislike how this is playing out.
Souta really seems to blame himself for no real reason; yeah contacting her might have helped but it's too far-fetched to think he is the whole reason she killed herself.

Setsuna suicided because she was blamed for stealing others peoples' works. How to defeat her creation? Actually do steal her own work!! Lolmao??
I'm just gonna quote my other post from the advanced screening thread:
Aquamirror said:
That actually sounds stupid, because it assumes the hardcore Altair fans that create these artworks will actually accept that "canon". Nothing can stop them from keeping them create even more works that deny that story, especially if they already depict her in forms where she defeats other characters (as that implies any sort of "power level" or abilities she can have), which would be a counter to the idea they actually support. It's like making OPM artworks where he gets defeated and people suddenly start liking them? lol
Other people who don't even know about Altair shouldn't have any impact on that story's relevance and another character hijacking act just goes further against the anime's themes as another "fuck you" to Setsuna.

You can't control memes.

And how did Selesia's MC guy even agree to fight against her?
Jun 24, 2017 1:58 PM
Apr 2013
Sota's guilt is just so fake. It's not even related to him. He's just an inactive bystander who missed the opportunity to help a friend.

This is one of the biggest flaw in this series right now. They are trying to minimize Sota's character flaws right now, but doing it like this makes his guilt seem like a joke.
Jun 24, 2017 1:58 PM

Apr 2017
So this 'cage' they are talking about is a battle royale cross-over story... And their time limit is 6 months... This anime is listed to air 22 episodes which is approximately 6 months worth... So basically this anime is the cage.

Things are getting meta.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.