Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 24, 2017 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
Omg, these names were all diamond. Froppy! Uravity! I enjoyed this episode a lot for some reason. I especially love the smooth transition into the next arc. I'm ecstatic to see how Midoriya will grow and how Iida will overcome the incident with his brother and Stain.
Jun 24, 2017 11:07 AM

Jan 2010
Surprisingly loved this episode more so than the previous!

Some names are so hilarious especially the first, Aoyama lmao I burst out laughing when he presented his hero name lmao.
Then Jirou teasing of Kaminari's name is also hilarious.
And of course there is Bakugou lmaooooo "Baku Satsu Ou" | "King Murder Explosion" REALLY BAKUGOU hahaha.
I thought he came up with a less villainish name, he looked like he is doing much erasing and rewriting on the board. But instead he came up with "Baku Satsu Kyou" | "Lord Murder Explosion" LMAO he only changed the friggin last kanji hahaha
BUT IN THE END HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHICH HERO NAME LEFT UNSAID I'M SO FRIGGIN CURIOUS TILL THE EP ENDING.

But then I came to this forum and someone pointed out his official hero name which is supposedly put in a spoiler tag???? I mean maybe they are meant to be revealed at a later time?

Speaking of clever name, Kirishima's also clever~

Aoyama: "I can not stop twinkling" "Can't stop twinkling" (okay still weird, probably he will change it later?)
Ashido: "Alien Queen" "Pinky"
Tsuyu: "Tsuyu Iri Hero: Froppy" | "Rainy Season Hero: Froppy"
Kirishima: "Gouken Hero: Reddo Raioto" | "Sturdy Hero: Red Riot" (Reddo is from kanji [Retsu] [Fierce] and [Do] [Rage], Raioto is from kanji [Rai] [Reliance], [O] [Male], and [To] which has no literal meanings)
Kaminari: "Jamming-way" "Stun Gun Hero: Charge-zuma" | "Stun Gun Hero: Chargebolt" (-zuma is from Inazuma which means Lightning Bolt)
Jirou: "Hearing Hero: Earphone Jack"
Shouji: "Shokushu Hero: Tentacole" | "Tentacle Hero: Tentacole"
Sero: "Taping Hero: Serofan" | "Taping Hero: Cellophane"
Ojiro: "Butou Hero: Tailman" | "Martial Arts Hero: Tailman"
Satou: "Kanmi Hero: Sugarman" | "Sweets Hero: Sugarman" (his name, Satou means sugar)
Hagakure: "Stealth Hero: Invisible Girl"
Yaoyorozu: "Manbutsu Hero: Creati" | "Everything Hero: Creati" (the kanji [Man] is also the last kanji in Yaoyorozu name)
Todoroki: "Shouto"
Tokoyami: "Shikkoku Hero: Tsukuyomi" | "Jet-black Hero: Tsukuyomi" (to quote Midnight, Tsukuyomi is God of Night. I think it's a cool and fitting name for Tokoyami!)
Mineta: "Mogitate Hero: Grape Juice" | "Fresh-picked Hero: Grape Juice"
Kouda: "Fureai Hero: Anima" | "Petting Hero: Anima"
Bakugou: "Baku Satsu Ou" | "King Murder Explosion" "Baku Satsu Kyou" | "Lord Murder Explosion" (for supposedly a smart character, he is shit at coming up with names lmao, he is the only one whom hero name hasn't yet revealed in the anime)
Uraraka: "Uravity"
Midoriya: "Deku"
Iida: "Tenya"

I thought Iida is going to use his brother's hero name "Ingenium". I think he will. But not now eh? I bet it's gonna be when this arc ends.

Deku is using "Deku" as his hero name is totally unexpected. I think Deku sounds lame. But he is trying to change the insulting nickname Kacchan gave him into something good. But then it means that name will forever be a reminder of his terrible history with Kacchan? What does Bakugou think of Deku using the name he came up with as an insult to be his hero name instead?

Also I loved the fact that Aizawa got his hero name from Present Mic! Aawww

TINY IZUKU IN ALL MIGHT ONESIE IS THE CUTEST THING EVER.

Uh oh Iida no, he probably going to seek revenge!! Don't go into that dark path Iida!

Also, which Hero Agency Todoroki and Bakugou choose?? HYPED. I'M ALWAYS HYPED WHEN IT COMES TO THIS TWO.

It's seems like Gran Torino suffering from dementia? lmao.

See you in the final episode! (For real this time, I'm binge watching this show damn it)

PLUS ULTRA!
CrimsonMidnightJun 24, 2017 11:16 AM
Jun 24, 2017 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
Bakugo made me laugh again.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 24, 2017 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
So, according to the trailer we can expect a recap ep next week or no episode at all? A bit disappointing but, oh well lol.

Bakugo's naming is god tier HAHAHAHAH. Really want to see Gran Torino training Deku, this next arc is going to be amazing
Jun 24, 2017 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Froppy is the best code name. Bakugou code name "Lord Explosion Murder". I think he should be allowed to keep it.

Iida at the end. Got a bad feeling.

Good Episode.

Jun 24, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2016
lamo, Bakugo aims for a hero but bears a muderous villain name.

hype for the 2nd cour, can't wait for the actioooon :V
Jun 24, 2017 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
Anime-only's have no idea what's coming their way. Buckle yourselves in for one hell of a ride..

Episode was a nice cool-down from coming off the end of the festival arc, and we got to see the hero names revealed which amused me in the manga.

All Might being scared of Torino was even better than in the manga as well.

Remember guys, NO EPISODE NEXT WEEK. Anime returns July 8th with a new OP and ED.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Jun 24, 2017 11:47 AM

Oct 2012
Tokoya said:
You anime only's aren't ready for the greatness of this arc =P
Oh god there's just so much to be excited for! All aboard the
gust11Jun 24, 2017 11:57 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 24, 2017 11:49 AM

Oct 2014
gust11 said:
Tokoya said:
You anime only's aren't ready for the greatness of this arc =P
Oh god there's just so much to be excited for! All aboard the Full Cowl hype train!

I'd spoiler or remove that part in your post..

Jun 24, 2017 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
ETX said:
gust11 said:
Oh god there's just so much to be excited for! All aboard the Full Cowl hype train!

That's fair I guess. Normally I would but since they said the name already in the 2nd cour trailer I thought it was okay but looking back I guess it isn't too easy to hear what Midoriya is saying. Editted.
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 24, 2017 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
AnimeJunky said:
When I heard Gran Torino I instantly thought I would see Clint Eastwood. No wonder All Might was shaking. xD

I honestly thought the same, tbh.
Jun 24, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2008
I hope Iida doesn't turn into Sasuke 2.0 x.x
Fantastic episode though. I'm so glad they adapted it into an anime honestly, as I couldn't get into the manga at all.
Jun 24, 2017 12:26 PM

Feb 2015
This first cour was unexpectedly amazing. As someone who doesn't read manga, light novels, and the like, I had no clue what to expect. Boy am I glad that I didn't watch any trailers, because I was in for an amazing ride. While I do think that season 1 was great, this first cour of season 2 has blown that out of the water.

First off, we got a freaking TOURNAMENT ARC! Wow. Just wow. The whole tournament was full of excitement, ingenuity, and badass moments from the get go. With Midoriya flying over the competition in the first leg and Mineta's idea of using Shouji as a shield in the second, I just didn't know what I'd see next. Then they came out with the freaking 1v1s, and HOLY SHIT were they awesome. Some, of course, were glanced over because they weren't as important to the story or whatever, but full-out fights like Uraraka vs Bakugo and Midoriya vs Todoroki were just so fun to watch.

The introduction of characters from other classes and their quirks and personalities was really cool too. They'd previously mentioned that there were "lesser" classes, but it wasn't until now that we got to see them in action. Hatsume and her "babies" were funny, Hitoshi and his brainwashing made for some epic drama against Midoriya, and Tetsutetsu with Kirishima was very comical.

Though I do feel the final episode of the first cour came to a rather slow and uneventful conclusion, it definitely leaves a lot on the plate about what to be hyped for in a few weeks. I honestly don't know how any of this is gonna play out, but I'm sure it's gonna be epic.

Definitely one of the best anime this season.

Side notes from episode 13:

• Froppy❤. Another reason why Tsu is probably best girl (still can't decide, kmn).
  • Uravity is one of the cutest freaking names. Gah, Uraraka's so cute.
  • Iida needs to get his fucking head out of his ass or he's gonna get himself killed and end his family's lineage. You have a freaking legacy to uphold; don't dishonor your family of heroes, you moron.

Ultimate Score: 11/10
Would recommend to a friend.

P.S. - This cour's OP and ED are better than season 1's. Fight me.
RailtracksJun 24, 2017 12:36 PM
Jun 24, 2017 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
"Froppy" ah that's soooo cute Tsuyu-chan 😆😆😆 and Midoriya's names when he was a kid omg how do they make every kid in this anime so adorable??

Bakugou's hero name tho...😂😂
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 24, 2017 12:47 PM

Oct 2014
gust11 said:
ETX said:

That's fair I guess. Normally I would but since they said the name already in the 2nd cour trailer I thought it was okay but looking back I guess it isn't too easy to hear what Midoriya is saying. Editted.

Fair point there but I don't think everyone has seen that 2nd-cour trailer yet. Best to play it safe.~

Jun 24, 2017 12:48 PM

Oct 2014
Oh yeah, I like that they adapted Aizawa's flashback into the anime. Originally it was on a free page that Kohei doodled on to fill up space. Was a nice addition!

Jun 24, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2012
ETX said:
Fair point there but I don't think everyone has seen that 2nd-cour trailer yet. Best to play it safe.~
Yeah that's true, always better to be safe, appreciate the heads up!

ETX said:
Oh yeah, I like that they adapted Aizawa's flashback into the anime. Originally it was on a free page that Kohei doodled on to fill up space. Was a nice addition!
Yeah I actually didn't even see the free page until quite later so I'm glad they actually put that in too
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 24, 2017 1:01 PM
May 2017
The episode was just ok, it was a nice cool down after the energizing sports festival arc.

I was really excited to see what names people came up with but found myself a little disappointed with a few of them. Maybe its just because I fully expected Tenya to be EMERGENCY EXIT, and Uraka to be INFINITY GIRL.

I'm pretty sure the names they chose will grow on me but I'm still and probably will continue to be disappointed that ALIEN QUEEN wasn't acceptable but PINKY was.
Jun 24, 2017 1:02 PM

Sep 2015
Sounds like Gran Torino will be a funny and cool char. But dam I think Tenya is gonna try to avenge his brother.
Jun 24, 2017 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
I liked the segment of the Hero Name choosing.A hero name will be the id everyone will know them by so it was very important but compared to Ida's personal vendetta it feels superficial
The kid's eyes in that last scene were cold and full of a killer's instinct.I am still so curious to see why Midorya said he will live to regret his decision.I hope he will not die.
But is ALSO STUPID AND SUPERFICIAL for smb so on point as Ida is to lose all focus when it comes to Stain.better heroes than you were put down,what will you do?be able to resist longer,to what outcome,because in the given circumstances all I can predict is DEATH.
Jun 24, 2017 1:44 PM

Dec 2008
GrowingLore said:

I'm pretty sure the names they chose will grow on me but I'm still and probably will continue to be disappointed that ALIEN QUEEN wasn't acceptable but PINKY was.

Exactly, what was wrong with Alien Queen??
Jun 24, 2017 1:54 PM

Jan 2014
Laufer said:
GrowingLore said:

Exactly, what was wrong with Alien Queen??

probably because it's associated with the antagonist of the series Alien. In the manga they say "Ridley Hero: Alien Queen" So I'm guessing that's why they weren't specific on that because of copyright.
Jun 24, 2017 2:11 PM

Jan 2016
Kind of an uneventful episode this week, but it was fun seeing them come up with names for themselves. Poor Bakugo, didn't get to be King Explosion Murder. Still, Red Riot and Froppy are probably the best names to come out of this class.

Iida looks like he might be turning into Sasuke. Uh-oh.

Also, calling it now, Midoriya's motto will probably be something along the lines of "You can do it!" or "I can do it!" etc. etc.
Jun 24, 2017 2:21 PM

Mar 2017
If they kill off Ida, I swear I will drop this series.

OK I won't drop it, but i piece of me will die inside.

Moe is saving anime.
Jun 24, 2017 2:28 PM

Feb 2015
God damn it Bakugou, why are you trying to be a villain XD good episode, some of the names were really cool. Not sure about Izuku choosing "Deku" though. I can see his reasoning but still...
Jun 24, 2017 2:45 PM
Jan 2015
I like how Tenya and Shouto chose their names instead, shows a strong sense of pride and confidence if you ask me.
My Queens

Jun 24, 2017 2:51 PM

Nov 2016
Lovveed the episode it was a really good follow up episode for the tournament and i am pretty excited to see the students of the hero class train and work with their chosen internships while still really sad for lida and his brother , just who is that Hero Killer Stain ?? and i am pretty curious too about what he said in the middle of episode 11 " the only one i'll let kill me ... is All Might " pretty fishy but o well i am really hyped like really hyped for the upcoming arc and i really want to see their progress in the internships :D
Jun 24, 2017 3:06 PM

Nov 2013
in this episode, i can see death flag for Iida Tenya
Jun 24, 2017 3:07 PM

Aug 2013
j0x said:
2nd cour trailer with the new opening music, starting july 8

So, no episode next week?
Jun 24, 2017 4:05 PM

May 2015
I knew after reading the manga while waiting for season 2 I looked forward to this episode and it didn't disappoint. They've been sticking really close to the manga's pacing so far, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other students working with their internships that were not shown in the manga.
Jun 24, 2017 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
Geezus Bakugou is the most annoying lame character ever. I'm already tired of any screentime he gets.
Jun 24, 2017 4:34 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ah, this was a fun chapter in the manga and it was fun to watch it as well. Pretty chill episode with everyone coming up with names. It's always great to see Midnight too. I lol'd so hard when Bakugo tried with his names all involving "murder" in them.

Feelsbadman for Iida about his brother not being able to recover from the damage. The post credits scene with Deku meeting Torino had me dying.
Jun 24, 2017 4:40 PM

Nov 2014
Abyhape said:
and also for Shoto, did he really use his name? he could use better aliases, for example "Climate hero: Cold Burn", which contain both cold (ice) and burn (fire).

I think he doesnt name himself based on his quirks cuz he doesnt want people to remember him as the son of endeavor, or the hero who has endeavor's quirk, but rather as just shoto, as who he is.
Jun 24, 2017 4:48 PM

Nov 2014
GreenBenjamin said:
t
ttcchen said:
what link are you talking about?
he official twitter
This is the official bnha twitter, not horikoshi's twitter.
Jun 24, 2017 5:00 PM

Jan 2009
Yasuhito said:
j0x said:
2nd cour trailer with the new opening music, starting july 8

So, no episode next week?

yep no episode next week
Jun 24, 2017 5:02 PM

Nov 2014
Zefyris said:
Best code name choice was Froppy ImO. Her ability is more the kind of utilitarian ability that save peoples during disasters (natural or not) with her swimming, climbing, jumping, catching ability. She nailed it with an easy to remember, on point with both her appearance and ability, and easy to like name.
Uravity was clever, but lacks compared to Froppy due to what I wrote above. Uraraka is aiming at the same kind of hero as Froppy from what she says, yet her name while clever sounds more of the cool kind than the "likeable" kind

You might have missed it cuz uraraka doesnt want to become the same kind of hero as froppy. She chose a combat based company because instead of aiming to save and rescue, which is the most obvious and easiest choice for her due to her quirk, she doesnt want to limit herself and want to challenge herself to more things.

Jun 24, 2017 5:05 PM

Aug 2015
Younger Deku is way too cute!
Jun 24, 2017 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
"I can not stop twinkling" wahahaha my God good thing I was not in the middle of drinking when I heard that. A fucking sentence lmao!

Froppy, what an adorable name. Deku? How convenient.
Jun 24, 2017 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
Loved hearing their hero names! This arc is gonna be amazing
Jun 24, 2017 7:04 PM

Sep 2016
duuuuuuuude
easily the best episode of hero aca s2 so far
so gud
loved the name picking
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jun 24, 2017 8:00 PM

Dec 2014
lida suddenly became serious all of a sudden... I hope everything works out
Jun 24, 2017 9:29 PM

Jun 2009
FROPPY! FROPPY! FROPPY! FROPPY!
Jun 24, 2017 10:15 PM

Dec 2015
karlstein12 said:
So Iida and Shoto are stuck with their real names? I hope that changes in the future. Iida should be called as Ingenium 2.0 or something and an even more cooler name for Shoto is what I'm hoping for. Deku is probably the most fitting name for Izuku, afterall I'm already used to Bakugo and Uraraka calling him Deku xD!
This Gran Torino guy is really eccentric, but even All Might is shaking in his pants, wonder what made him do so...
"Deku" means "Good for nothing" so it probably will change.

Jun 24, 2017 10:23 PM

Jul 2014
Bushido-York said:

Yeah but it also means "You can do it!" as Izuku mentioned in the episode.
Jun 24, 2017 10:44 PM

Oct 2009
Tsu-chan will always be the best girl!!! Froppy!
Uraraka is a close 2nd :)
Hyped for this next arc. One of the best villains in Hero Killer Stain.
Bakugou with his names XD; imo Bakugou is an interesting character who has the potential to be grow more and more as a hero.
Tenya needs not to go down that route :/
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Jun 24, 2017 11:27 PM
Oct 2007
Every single episode is so precious!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2017 12:48 AM

Dec 2015
karlstein12 said:
Bushido-York said:

Yeah but it also means "You can do it!" as Izuku mentioned in the episode.

Here's a quick quote from a quick google search.
Izuku's nickname, "Deku", was given to him by Katsuki when they were little. "Deku" is another reading of his name 出久, and Bakugou uses it to mock Izuku, as "Deku" can mean "one who can't achieve/do anything". Later, Ochako finds the nickname very inspiring because "Deku" gives off a feeling of "I can do it".

Jun 25, 2017 1:21 AM

Apr 2013
ttcchen said:
Zefyris said:
Best code name choice was Froppy ImO. Her ability is more the kind of utilitarian ability that save peoples during disasters (natural or not) with her swimming, climbing, jumping, catching ability. She nailed it with an easy to remember, on point with both her appearance and ability, and easy to like name.
Uravity was clever, but lacks compared to Froppy due to what I wrote above. Uraraka is aiming at the same kind of hero as Froppy from what she says, yet her name while clever sounds more of the cool kind than the "likeable" kind

You might have missed it cuz uraraka doesnt want to become the same kind of hero as froppy. She chose a combat based company because instead of aiming to save and rescue, which is the most obvious and easiest choice for her due to her quirk, she doesnt want to limit herself and want to challenge herself to more things.

You conveniently missed her first sentence when Deku said he thought she would aim for the same type of hero as 13.
She said that her final goal is exactly that, then she proceed to explain why she still choose something different right now. I did use the word "aiming" and it's correct here, her aim is the same type of hero as Froppy.
Jun 25, 2017 1:45 AM

Jun 2015
I love "King Explosion Murder" I don't want them to change it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 25, 2017 3:37 AM

Dec 2015
Hope we'll see a larger improvement in Midoriya in the upcoming cour.
~
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.