Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 23, 2017 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
I saw this article floating on Twitter today and everyone on Twitter is saying that North Carolina just made rape legal. I read through the article and what the girl said can't even be proven which is the issue.

Thoughts, MAL?
MayukaJun 24, 2017 8:05 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 23, 2017 10:26 PM

Sep 2015
you can't leave a rollercoaster halfway either. once you're in, you're in.

Jun 23, 2017 10:28 PM

Apr 2017
well i guess its "dont give consent to someone you dont trust" vs "if the man does something the women doesnt want she should be able to say no and if he continues, that's rape"

ill go with the second one tbh, kinda he said vs she said but i guess most rape cases are......
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jun 23, 2017 10:39 PM

Aug 2009
This is really dangerous legal grey territory and it really brings up the question at what point can you withdraw consent once it's been given? In the middle of it? The day after? A week after? I guess this goes hand-in-hand with the whole "affirmative consent" stuff. Gotta fill up those male prison cells somehow.

At this rate we might as well go full Cherry 2000 and bring out the consent forms and sex robots.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 23, 2017 10:59 PM

Apr 2017
NudeBear said:
Nigami_Shin said:

You have a lot more in common with the barbaric muslims you hate than you think, my man.

Ikaros_42oh said:

ill go with the second one tbh, kinda he said vs she said but i guess most rape cases are......

Rape kits are a thing. Also rape leads to actual physical trauma in victims, because of this within a certain time period you can actually empirically determine if someone was raped. DNA evidence helps confirm who the culprit was. Problem is far too many victims wait too long to come forward.

yeah ik they are but as you said lots dont get them done in time (which i can understand, rape is helluva traumatic thing and one does not think clearly under such trauma)

Jun 23, 2017 11:09 PM

Sep 2015
NudeBear said:
Nigami_Shin said:

You have a lot more in common with the barbaric muslims you hate than you think, my man.

the difference between rape and this is, that at some point both wanted it and already started intercourse. rape on the other hand means that one person never gave consent and is forced to do something she/he hates from the very beginning.

if you have sex for 10 minutes and then suddenly revoke consent, does that really mean from that point on you're getting raped? that would be stupid.... (btw that doesn't include strange sex acts)

Jun 23, 2017 11:11 PM

Jul 2012
Nigami_Shin said:

"She said he began having intercourse with her—though she begged him not to because she was a virgin—but stopped when she complained of severe stomach pains." I think she denied earlier on? But the issue is how can she prove this? Hmm.

LoneWolf said:
This is really dangerous legal grey territory and it really brings up the question at what point can you withdraw consent once it's been given? In the middle of it? The day after? A week after? I guess this goes hand-in-hand with the whole "affirmative consent" stuff. Gotta fill up those male prison cells somehow.
Yeah it is very grey territory. I think they're saying before anything happens.

That video tho, wow
Jun 23, 2017 11:28 PM

Aug 2009
Mayuka said:

LoneWolf said:
Yeah it is very grey territory. I think they're saying before anything happens.

That video tho, wow

I've actually seen the movie... its not bad. Campy 80's fare with a dystopian backdrop. I'm a bit iffy on the ending though. This is actually not the first time I've seen consent forms being brought up in media, but it's probably the oldest.

I think they were a thing in 50 shades of grey too? I haven't seen it myself though lol.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 23, 2017 11:28 PM

Nov 2010
Are you all seriously arguing that men are so incapable of self control that after a woman tells them 'stop get out of me' they can't do so? Or "No, you're hurting me stop."

If someone says they changed their mind and tells their partner, "I don't want to have sex with you now." Guess what continuing to have sex with that person is raping them. The person who ignores someone withdrawing consent is a rapist. They don't get to have sex with that person any more. It is traumatic for it to continue.
Jun 23, 2017 11:47 PM

Jun 2015
lol s*x

Anyway, no idea what the context of the article is.

But I do feel like it's reaaaaally hard to say, either way. Since there's a trust thing and all. I just wish people would stop going around fucking basically strangers. Intimacy should be valued a bit more than that. It'd lead to less of these situations, I'd imagine.

Jun 24, 2017 12:03 AM

Jul 2012
sorry i'm used to censoring bc you can get banned on twitter for saying fuck or any cuss word :x

rawrX3pounces said:
Anyway, no idea what the context of the article is.
read it

crystal_3001 said:
If someone says they changed their mind and tells their partner, "I don't want to have sex with you now." Guess what continuing to have sex with that person is raping them. The person who ignores someone withdrawing consent is a rapist. They don't get to have sex with that person any more. It is traumatic for it to continue.
the issue is
how do females prove it that they didn't consent after?

LoneWolf said:

ohh will check out the movie.

The thing is consent forms are a thing now, I think??
Jun 24, 2017 12:35 AM

Jan 2017
Rape is the most disgusting crime. If the woman (at any stage of sex) does not want the man to procede any further then the man should stop or else he should be thrown in jail for a punishment of 30 years or so.
As for the proof of not giving any consent to man, the police just needs to hear the woman's side of story and if it looks suspicious then she should go thru a lie detector test, if she passes then police need to jail the man for 30 years or so
Problem solved!
swirlydragonJun 24, 2017 12:39 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jun 24, 2017 1:43 AM

Jul 2012
swirlydragon said:
Rape is the most disgusting crime. If the woman (at any stage of sex) does not want the man to procede any further then the man should stop or else he should be thrown in jail for a punishment of 30 years or so.
As for the proof of not giving any consent to man, the police just needs to hear the woman's side of story and if it looks suspicious then she should go thru a lie detector test, if she passes then police need to jail the man for 30 years or so
Problem solved!
...Is this sarcasm lol i can't tell nowadays
Jun 24, 2017 2:21 AM

May 2015
Sex must be consensual all the way through. The moment one party asks to stop and the other continues, it's rape.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 24, 2017 3:11 AM
Mar 2017
TheBrainintheJar said:
Sex must be consensual all the way through. The moment one party asks to stop and the other continues, it's rape.

I agree with this, but I heard about examples when tumblr snowflakes decide the week after sex that they don't consent to the sex that already happen and call it rape...

But in this case from the context I get from this forum, the girl was virgin and the guy should have stopped. Poor girl,if she isn't very strong mentally and won't come over this trauma it might be that her sexual life is ruined for life.

Jun 24, 2017 3:11 AM

Jan 2017
Mayuka said:

No, I was being completely honest.
Rapists aren't human and they shouldn't be treated like one
Tho I think I was wrong about one part, the police needs to hear both sides of the story.
swirlydragonJun 24, 2017 4:03 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jun 24, 2017 3:17 AM

Sep 2011
TheBrainintheJar said:

+1

Sex is not a roller coaster... you most certainly can get off halfway through the ride (no pun intended -.-) Things can change, things can hurt, people can go into it expecting "rough," but "rough" could mean two different things to both parties

If I say 'stop, get the fuck off me,' and you keep going against my will, you're a piece of shit rapist, and this law is a piece of shit too

imo

swirlydragon said:
Mayuka said:

No, I was being completely honest.
Rapists aren't human and they shouldn't be treated like one

Think she was talking about the: "the police just needs to hear the woman's side of story and if it looks suspicious then she should go thru a lie detector test, if she passes then police need to jail the man for 30 years or so"

that part.... which is dumb

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Jun 24, 2017 3:25 AM

Sep 2011
/rollseyes

Is this the best MAL trolls have to offer now a days? I miss @lupadim @immahnoob @katsucats @autocrat (@JustaBrer) @solvitewotaberu

Lie detector tests aren't accurate. . . and why would they just need to hear the girls side of the story? Are you saying men cannot be raped either? Why am I replying?

Jun 24, 2017 3:26 AM
Mar 2017
Which reminds me of this video

never really got this

Jun 24, 2017 3:58 AM

Jan 2016
What I find baffling about this thread is that you, dear OP, censor the word "sex" in the title but not "rape" in the actual post.

Make up your mind. Geez.
Jun 24, 2017 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
TheBrainintheJar said:

^ this.
One yes doesn't mean: Do everything whatever you want from now on with me.
Jun 24, 2017 4:40 AM

Feb 2014
america never fails to amuse me with their stupidity lol
but yes i agree w the above ppl you need their consent throughout otherwise thats rape
Jun 24, 2017 5:09 AM

Mar 2016
Eh, I question why many people would be claiming that.
Regardless, if it's fake, then there's little point in getting caught up in it.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jun 24, 2017 7:02 AM

May 2013
I feel like if a woman cries rape then you have to examine that on a case by case basis, there's no use creating a law for every possible outcome.

So yeah, I find that a very strange law. It seems so pointless, it's almost like they made it as a statement.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jun 24, 2017 7:04 AM

Jun 2016
An uncle of mine who is a police officer told me that everyone in the death row hates rapist, so if you were jailed because you're a rapist, most likely you'll get beat up or worst killed. Even the felons hate rapists.

I still don't understand why some people defend the rapists because of what a person is wearing, like what the hell is wrong with your brain? Better donate it.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 24, 2017 8:04 AM

Jul 2012
AsPeeXXXVIII said:
What I find baffling about this thread is that you, dear OP, censor the word "sex" in the title but not "rape" in the actual post.

Make up your mind. Geez.
fam i dont wanna get banned
also on twitter, you can get banned for cussing so thats why i'm extra careful nowadays

kiss said:
Think she was talking about the: "the police just needs to hear the woman's side of story and if it looks suspicious then she should go thru a lie detector test, if she passes then police need to jail the man for 30 years or so"

that part.... which is dumb
yes, i'm talking about the grey zone to this. it's obvious rape is bad and such.

TheDoggoneGirl07 said:
An uncle of mine who is a police officer told me that everyone in the death row hates rapist, so if you were jailed because you're a rapist, most likely you'll get beat up or worst killed. Even the felons hate rapists.

I still don't understand why some people defend the rapists because of what a person is wearing, like what the hell is wrong with your brain? Better donate it.
read the article properly, it's not able rape is bad or good, it's about the grey zone of it.

kiss said:
Lie detector tests aren't accurate. . . and why would they just need to hear the girls side of the story? Are you saying men cannot be raped either? Why am I replying?
i don't trust a lie detector test in this situation, i trust facts and proof.

and yes men can be raped
Jun 24, 2017 9:15 AM

Mar 2008
There is one problem though. At what point does it count as rape after initial consent during sex? Say to stop twice? Once? If they stop after 5 seconds? 1 second? Immediately? It takes time to register in peoples brains and for their body to respond. Different people will react different. It's not exactly something you can use a one size fits all rule. It would have to be case by case. It might also be better to make it a separate category of it's own in the legal system.

Ikaros_42oh said:
well i guess its "dont give consent to someone you dont trust" vs "if the man does something the women doesnt want she should be able to say no and if he continues, that's rape"

Why not both? Less you know someone the more likely they might be dangerous or deceive you. Unless you're too trusting of people you know and are bad at picking up red flags.

swirlydragon said:
Problem solved!

Lie detector tests that usually are used don't detect lies they detect signs of anxiety. They are actually used as interrogation devices to make people confess. They have no legal use in courts. It cant be used as evidence.

Nigami_Shin said:
the difference between rape and this is, that at some point both wanted it and already started intercourse. rape on the other hand means that one person never gave consent and is forced to do something she/he hates from the very beginning.

if you have sex for 10 minutes and then suddenly revoke consent, does that really mean from that point on you're getting raped? that would be stupid.... (btw that doesn't include strange sex acts)

I doubt you would give money to anyone but let's assume you do. A homeless man asks for some money to buy some food. You say "yes" and hand him a dollar and he takes it. He then reaches in your wallet and takes the rest of your money leaving only a dollar runs off saying "you can't leave a rollercoaster haf way". He took some money as you consented to. You clearly werent robbed, right?
traedJun 24, 2017 9:18 AM
Jun 24, 2017 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
If they withdraw consent during I think you might've dodged a bullet tbh.

If they withdraw consent after then It's on them.

Jun 24, 2017 10:13 AM

Sep 2015
traed said:

I doubt you would give money to anyone but let's assume you do. A homeless man asks for some money to buy some food. You say "yes" and hand him a dollar and he takes it. He then reaches in your wallet and takes the rest of your money leaving only a dollar runs off saying "you can't leave a rollercoaster haf way". He took some money as you consented to. You clearly werent robbed, right?

the difference is that i never "consented" to give him all my money, while when it comes to intercourse you either consent to everything or nothing "well let's fuck, but only a little bit..." (again that doesn't include "forced" sex acts)

the laws where you can revoke consent at any time just seem to fit this generation that always trys to avoid the consequences of their actions. if you don't want to do something, then don't do it.

if some drunken slut goes home with you to have sex, somewhere in the middle of it decides otherwise, you are drunken as well and tell her "just a few more strokes", would you want to be charged with rape?

maybe im really just a rape apologist...

Jun 24, 2017 10:35 AM

May 2012
Maybe if men stopped having sex with women the world wouldn't be so ridiculous.
Jun 24, 2017 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
well i guess its time for me to pack my bags and head on over to north carolina

yeehaw
Jun 24, 2017 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Maybe if men stopped having sex with women the world wouldn't be so ridiculous.

This makes a lot of sense.

I personally believe that while breeding is supposed to exist in controlled numbers, we are actually supposed to be with the same gender in the long term, as we would be much happier that way.

Jun 24, 2017 10:45 AM

Mar 2008
Nigami_Shin said:
traed said:

the difference is that i never "consented" to give him all my money, while when it comes to intercourse you either consent to everything or nothing "well let's fuck, but only a little bit..." (again that doesn't include "forced" sex acts)

the laws where you can revoke consent at any time just seem to fit this generation that always trys to avoid the consequences of their actions. if you don't want to do something, then don't do it.

if some drunken slut goes home with you to have sex, somewhere in the middle of it decides otherwise, you are drunken as well and tell her "just a few more strokes", would you want to be charged with rape?

maybe im really just a rape apologist...

He didn't take it all he left a dollar so it was just some of your money as he saw it. Your expectations didnt meet with his. Get it?

No one would want to be charged with rape even if guilty so that's a loaded question. Having sex with someone drunk isn't rape except if they are way out of it barely aware of what is going on around them or fully passed out then it is.
Jun 24, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
Just did.
I still agree with what I wrote earlier but this case is weird in the fact that it didn't even seem like the defendant tried to say he didn't do those things, only that "she gave consent at first" or whatever.
Consent means it's consensual throughout, not just on "impact".
It's not like they were signing over assets with a signature or whatever.
Though that'd be interesting if one day you had to complete and sign paperwork before sex to prove consent lol

fairy said:
america never fails to amuse me with their stupidity lol
Because America is totes the only place with stupid laws and inconsistencies.
It isn't

Jun 24, 2017 10:53 AM

Jun 2015
Seiya said:
I personally believe that while breeding is supposed to exist in controlled numbers, we are actually supposed to be with the same gender in the long term, as we would be much happier that way.
Why would that make any sense?
The gender someone partners with has no relevance on their happiness outside of preference.

Jun 24, 2017 10:56 AM

Apr 2017
rawrX3pounces said:
Seiya said:
The gender someone partners with has no relevance on their happiness outside of preference.

Literally don't even bother with him lol he thinks his personal preference is how the world should be

Jun 24, 2017 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
rawrX3pounces said:
Seiya said:

Males and females are too different from each other.

With the exception of a small few, males and females living together are not happy in the long term.

Jun 24, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
Ikaros_42oh said:

Literally don't even bother with him lol he thinks his personal preference is how the world should be
Please.
I'm hoping he's either serious or a really funny shitposter because either would make for fun dialogue.

Jun 24, 2017 10:59 AM

Sep 2011
Seiya said:
rawrX3pounces said:

With the exception of a small few, males and females living together are not happy in the long term.

[CITATION NEEDED]

Is this the 30yr old who has had one girlfriend when he was in 10th grade and lives with his mommy ? Yea.... I'm not sure how much we could trust the outlook on the world from an incel

u got any of them links to studies that say "with the exception of a small few, males and females living together are not happy in the long term"?

edit: on topic? I'm not even getting into the argument with the 'rape apologist' .... i don't even know how to respond to that, I suppose I thought these people only existed in fiction

Jun 24, 2017 11:02 AM

Jun 2014
kiss said:
Seiya said:

[CITATION NEEDED]

Is this the 30yr old who has had one girlfriend when he was in 10th grade and lives with his mommy ? Yea.... I'm not sure how much we could trust the outlook on the world from an incel

u got any of them links to studies that say "with the exception of a small few, males and females living together are not happy in the long term"?

edit: on topic? I'm not even getting into the argument with the 'rape apologist' .... i don't even know how to respond to that, I suppose I thought these people only existed in fiction

Oh look everybody, a soldier. I'm sure she knows anything about the world.

*rolls eyes*

Jun 24, 2017 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
Seiya said:

Opposites attract is a saying for a reason.
The more you know about someone, generally the less you like them.
Ignorance is magical in a way.

Most people in general are miserable together in the long term regardless of gender pairings.

@kiss rape apologists pop up every once in a while
It's disturbing but it's the interweb.

Jun 24, 2017 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
rawrX3pounces said:
Seiya said:

Opposites attract is a saying for a reason.
The more you know about someone, generally the less you like them.
Ignorance is magical in a way.

Most people in general are miserable together in the long term regardless of gender pairings.

Men wouldn't be miserable if they weren't with women. Women do nothing but nag for favors, and are never truly satisfied.

Also, women have tuna-flavored axe wounds between their legs, and who in their right mind would want that?

Jun 24, 2017 11:09 AM

Mar 2017
rawrX3pounces said:
Ikaros_42oh said:

Please.
I'm hoping he's either serious or a really funny shitposter because either would make for fun dialogue.
I fricking wish he was just a shitposter. But nope, this guy blesses this forum by averaging 10 shit opinions a day
Jun 24, 2017 11:11 AM

Feb 2015
Rape is now legal?

They should illegalize abortion then, just so you know, they'll prosper in years to come.

Sep 2011
@seiya ..lol what does that have to do with anything?? I'm a meterologist for the usaf so just because I 'signed my name on the dotted line' means that all of a sudden my beliefs and opinions change?

Interesting logic

What does any of that have to do with those studies you were about to link me?
-___-;;

Seiya said:

Men wouldn't be miserable if they weren't with women. Women do nothing but nag for favors, and are never truly satisfied.

Also, women have tuna-flavored axe wounds between their legs, and who in their right mind would want that?

holy shit wow... pure incel redpiller
kissJun 24, 2017 11:16 AM

Dec 2016
Alright. So I am a rape victim then. Let me tell you. This one time I had morning wood right? So my GF decides that I need a good fucking. Well as flattered as I was. i really had to you know, go use the restroom. Now, apparently she was having fun and I said NO NO NO NO! Over and over... she wouldn't stop... eventually she finished whatever the hell it is that women do and I sprang up and did my thing. I am certain i got most of it into the toilet... but I digress. I was fucking raped!
Jun 24, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
kiss said:
@seiya ..lol what does that have to do with anything?? I'm a meterologist for the usaf so just because I 'signed my name on the dotted line' means that all of a sudden my beliefs and opinions change?

Interesting logic

What does any of that have to do with those studies you were about to link me?
-___-;;

Seiya said:

holy shit wow... pure incel redpiller

yess, let the hate flow... sugoiii

I choose to be alone. I've never been turned down by anyone, but nonetheless, I hate women, because I hate my mother's guts, and I want to put bullet through her skull, and one day I will.

You try living in a house with 44 cats, and see if you don't lose your mind.

Jun 24, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2015
Seiya said:

Having to deal with your mother asking you to do chores really leads to a great sample size of all women, I'd imagine.

lmao
I will agree vaginas are gross.
But if they are 'tuna-flavored' then they aren't washing.
That's like saying breasts feel like bean-bags.

Yachty said:
I fricking wish he was just a shitposter. But nope, this guy blesses this forum by averaging 10 shit opinions a day
"Also, women have tuna-flavored axe wounds between their legs, and who in their right mind would want that?"
totes shitposting and it's hilarious

Jun 24, 2017 11:17 AM

Jun 2015
Seiya said:

I choose to be alone. I've never been turned down by anyone, but nonetheless, I hate women, because I hate my mother's guts, and I want to put bullet through her skull, and one day I will.

Oh, shit.
My random joke about your mother may be a bit more based in fact.
Apologies.

Jun 24, 2017 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
rawrX3pounces said:
Seiya said:

Oh, shit.
My random joke about your mother may be a bit more based in fact.
Apologies.

Don't worry about it.

I am partially disabled, so I can't get a job, but believe me, if I were able to get away from my mother, and live somewhere by myself, then maybe my opinion of women in general wouldn't be so negative.

But I fear that it's too late now. :(

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 6 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 11 hours ago

20 by Zarutaku »»
31 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 7 hours ago

11 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 4 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.