3It was OK
4.1%
2Disliked it
12.2%
1Hated it
20.3%
Average 3.5
148 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 23, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it's about time Yaha-kui zaShunina really decides to excute his plans.

I guess Shindou wasn't entirely prepared for what he had to face in this episode and neither was Saraka even with that device she has.

The buildup into the finale gave me the thrills as I'm wondering what's going to happen to their world now. The cube is becoming much more aggressive in nature with the latest development.
Stark700Jun 23, 2017 7:29 AM
Jun 23, 2017 7:41 AM

Nov 2010
Actually, there was nothing really new in this episode beyond the preview except the sign that the wonder girl may be going to Ihou with zaShunina.
Jun 23, 2017 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
So, they decided to go to a shounen route and create the weapon. The preview is even worse.

What the hell is wrong with Toei?!

It is like watching 2001 a Space Odyssey and then, in the middle of the movie, they decided to ask Michael Bay to place some transformers battling each other.
AdrianRubinskyJun 23, 2017 7:53 AM
Jun 23, 2017 7:55 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The kiss was really well done, liked that scene the most. That obviously means now that Saraka will sacrifice herself for the greater good, rip?

zaShunina is obsessed with Shindo, well that's happening D:

I mean, i'll just take it as it was still entertaining for me but i really wished that they kept it free from tropes and the plot they're going with.
Jun 23, 2017 8:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ARubinsky said:
So, they decided to go to a shounen route and create the weapon. The preview is even worse.

It is like watching 2001 a Space Odyssey and then, in the middle of the movie, they decided to ask Michael Bay to place some transformers battling each other.
You must be on drugs if you're seriously comparing this to Transformers....The man made it perfectly clear that instead of having some final battle where they go guns blazing, he's gonna instead stay true to his character and negotiate with this guy

Either way, this was a nice build up for the finale and it was cool to finally see the megane live up to her potential and build something using all of the knowledge that she's gained thus far in the series and the whole concept of what she made is pretty fitting too

Personally for me, I'm still not a fan of this romance but that kiss scene was very well done but sadly I still feel like Natsume should have won in the end especially since we've seen how she was ready to do whatever it takes to save "Shindo" in this episode - Thank God that we didn't have any relationship drama in this though

But all in all I'm really excited to see how all of this ends and I too deep like Saraka will sacrifice herself @Smudy

Jun 23, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
ARubinsky said:

You must be on drugs if you're seriously comparing this to Transformers....The man made it perfectly clear that instead of having some final battle where they go guns blazing, he's gonna instead stay true to his character and negotiate with this guy

Did you see the preview?
Jun 23, 2017 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy. So much cheese omg.

Was this show's other face of the coin? It certainly isn't anything valuable.

That preview made facepalm.
Jun 23, 2017 8:46 AM
Apr 2017
They're really going down the shounen battle route. Didn't wanna believe it at first. But the preview and the ugly sailor moon armor confirmed it. After the forced romance, now this? This was such a refreshing anime. Guess that dream was nice while it lasted.

Anyway the author seems to have this bad habit of oversimplifying things. A randomly created supermetal + a random girl scientist equals the virtually perfect copy of a 40D technology? And they did it in one try? In a few days? Give me a break.

The same goes for the relationship in this show. How does 1 scene of Hanamori and Tsukai talking about their feelings equal them being close friends? How does 1 boat ride make it ok for Tsukai and Shindo to become an item?

Author can't even call lack of screen time to his defense. The 1 relationship they spent time building throughout the show that actually wouldn't feel fake or forced was turned into a twisted one-sided tragic love story. Bad writing is bad writing.
Jun 23, 2017 8:52 AM

Sep 2013
Lmao all these salty fake intellectuals dissing the show for a kiss and antifregonics tech XD
zaShunina killing all the fake shindos, he really misses the real one :'(
Jun 23, 2017 8:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ARubinsky said:
Tokoya said:

Did you see the preview?
Irrelevant.....There was always a chance that there would be a battle but the fact of the matter is that the series is still staying true to itself by keeping the art od negotiating relevant even now

ichii_1 said:
Lmao all these salty fake intellectuals dissing the show for a kiss and antifregonics tech XD
You forgot to include tryhard as well....It's really annoying how some people think that just because something has cliches, it's automatically bad
Jun 23, 2017 9:01 AM

Dec 2015
As I mentioned already in the past thread: I disliked the plot twist that started when Tsukai got revealed as anisotropic being.

Still they manage to keep a decent ending possible. I especially like how all the chars are a bit important somehow: Reporter guy being used to spread the Sansa and now the company guys from episode 00 that got relevant again because they helped to make that anti-fregonics suit.

I guess it will end with some huge battle between zaShunina and Shindo. Including talking.Maybe we'll get to see a bit more of the military guy (he wasn't too relevant so far).

And zaShunina mentioned 1 human that could go to the anisotropic ... would be enough. (But the risk is high and he needs to try it with a lot so at least 1 might work.)

I guess: The researcher girl will offer herself voluntarily - so he wouldn't need to try with others - leading to an agreement in the end. (And of course it will work with her.)
Jun 23, 2017 9:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Diosa11 said:
They're really going down the shounen battle route. Didn't wanna believe it at first. But the preview and the ugly sailor moon armor confirmed it. After the forced romance, now this? This was such a refreshing anime. Guess that dream was nice while it lasted.

Anyway the author seems to have this bad habit of oversimplifying things. A randomly created supermetal + a random girl scientist equals the virtually perfect copy of a 40D technology? And they did it in one try? In a few days? Give me a break.

The same goes for the relationship in this show. How does 1 scene of Hanamori and Tsukai talking about their feelings equal them being close friends? How does 1 boat ride make it ok for Tsukai and Shindo to become an item?

Author can't even call lack of screen time to his defense. The 1 relationship they spent time building throughout the show that actually wouldn't feel fake or forced was turned into a twisted one-sided tragic love story. Bad writing is bad writing.
Seriously?

So I'm guessing that it doesn't matter that every step of the way throughout the journey of learning about the Wam etc, this girl was literally the leading scientist in figuring out how all of this stuff worked and how to replicate it. Or that they've made it clear many times that once you understand the concept of the Kado, the easier it'll be to understand the other devices that Yaha introduced

I swear some of you try so hard to sound like you actually know what you're talking about that you end up looking like fools for saying dumb shit like this
Jun 23, 2017 9:04 AM

Feb 2016
Tokoya said:
ARubinsky said:

Did you see the preview?
Irrelevant.....There was always a chance that there would be a battle but the fact of the matter is that the series is still staying true to itself by keeping the art od negotiating relevant even now

ichii_1 said:
You forgot to include tryhard as well....It's really annoying how some people think that just because something has cliches, it's automatically bad

all this blablabla shounen route the salty people is saying gets on my nerves... yeah the preview shows some clash between Shindo and zaShunina, but Shindo main objective is to talk with zaShunina, not to fight against him. and who knows? maybe some punchs on his face might change zaShunina POV
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 23, 2017 9:12 AM

Jun 2015
zaShunina is quite obsessed with Shindo. The clones he made are just not the same as the real one. Shindo's kiss with Saraka was nice. In order to negotiate with zaShunina, they had to make a suit so zaShunina doesn't try to kill Shindo. The cube has gotten bigger. Looking by the PV, the finale is going to be interesting.
Jun 23, 2017 9:13 AM

Feb 2016
Luthandorius said:

I guess: The researcher girl will offer herself voluntarily - so he wouldn't need to try with others - leading to an agreement in the end. (And of course it will work with her.)

aside for the plottwist rant you said, this is something I would like to see, I'm pretty sure that this won't turn into a 23 minute battle, Shindo will definitely talk with zaShunina and maybe get into an agreement, would be interesting to let the Researcher girl to go into the Anisotropic after an agreement in the end between Shindo and zaShunina
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 23, 2017 9:20 AM

Feb 2014
So aside from ZaShuina being obsessed with humanity, he's a hardcore Shindocon!!
Damn it just gets better!! And finally ShindoxSaraka ship is sailing!!

Has anyone made the Hanamori running scene gif, coz its damn hilarious!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 23, 2017 10:11 AM

Mar 2014
Dat kiss ! :D
I am ready for the final episode!
Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

Jun 2016
Whoo. About time to drop this show. Jesus. Disappointing. This show had potential, but no they went downhill because of the unnecessary romance between Saraka and Shindo. This is like "Kate and Javi forced romance" from The Walking Dead Game. Lmfao. So done with this show!
TheDoggoneGirlJun 23, 2017 10:36 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 23, 2017 10:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:
Whoo. About time to drop this show. Jesus. Disappointing. This show had potential, but no they went downhill because of the unnecessary romance between Saraka and Shindo. Lmfao. So done with this show.
How does their romance even remotely take this show downhill....Please enlighten me as to how it harms the story or these two characters in any way

Because as far as I know, Saraka is still against what Yaha is doing/staying true to get character and Shindo is still trying to play negotiator and find common ground between both parties
Jun 23, 2017 10:37 AM
May 2016
ARubinsky said:

Yes, this has been a terribly disappointing series. I thought it was going to be about mankind's choices and the consequences of adopting or rejecting tremendous powers that could utterly and inalterably effect the planet, but instead it’s turned out to be just another anime about “magical” forces battling one another with a predictable outcome. It was all technobabble without meaning. What a pointless excursion.
Jun 23, 2017 10:44 AM

Aug 2013
This was an interesting episode. A good buildup for the finale. Looking forward to it.

Dr. Shinawa really is something. Figuring out how everything works, creating the 'Antagonics' that can cancel out Fregonics. She's absolutely amazing.

That kiss was nice. Though I feel bad for Natsume. But poor Hanamori. He doesn't want Shindou to go through with his plans.

Yaha-kui zaShunina killing all those fake Shindou. Could he be a yandere??? XD

On a different note, people shouldn't really complain if this takes a different route. You can always drop it if you don't like it.

Jun 23, 2017 10:54 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:
Whoo. About time to drop this show. Jesus. Disappointing. This show had potential, but no they went downhill because of the unnecessary romance between Saraka and Shindo. This is like "Kate and Javi forced romance" from The Walking Dead Game. Lmfao. So done with this show!

Theres just 1 episode left tho, its not really worth dropping at this point .-.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 23, 2017 10:55 AM
Aug 2015
This show is good but I don't think the romance part was necessary (although the kiss was well done lol). I liked it more when it was focusing on humanity, if it should evolve with anisotropic things, etc. I also like Za Shunina as the main antagonist (best character of the show - I like Shinawa and Hanamori too). But Saraka got too much focus and I don't like the fact tha she's a tsundere (geez... Japanese should stop with that kind of characters). I don't hate her but because I don't like her personality I can't say she's one of my favorite character and I can't cheer for Shindo x Saraka. So for me the fact that she's a tsundere and the romance are the bad points of this show.
Anyway, I hope the last episode will be good! I gonna cry if they kill Za Shunina!!
Jun 23, 2017 11:05 AM
Aug 2014
"Oh no my seinen became a shounen, waaah". You guys need to watch more anime...

That kiss though. Mah boi Shindo gets the (anisotropic) girl and hopefully saves the day.

Jun 23, 2017 11:08 AM

Apr 2016
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:

Look at it on the bright side! It became so bad it's funny. I laughed at the kiss between Saraka and Shindo, so much cheeeeeese that you can't take it seriously and they even managed to create in one episode a super power suit for Shindo!

Seriously, this became a faboulous comedy. I can't wait for the laugh next week! Bring it on!
Jun 23, 2017 11:11 AM

Jun 2016
DatRandomDude said:
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:

Theres just 1 episode left tho, its not really worth dropping at this point .-.

I almost broke my laptop because this episode pisses me off like hell, I didn't even bother finishing it. Ugh. This show's not worth my 25 minutes anymore. :/

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 23, 2017 11:18 AM

Jun 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:

Look at it on the bright side! It became so bad it's funny. I laughed at the kiss between Saraka and Shindo, so much cheeeeeese that you can't take it seriously and they even managed to create in one episode a super power suit for Shindo!

Seriously, this became a faboulous comedy. I can't wait for the laugh next week! Bring it on!

I did see that kiss coming, though, because it's your typical "a kiss is coming" scene. And yeah I saw it in the preview, but I was still hoping that my eyes were lying, but no they fucking kissed yeah like that's gonna contribute to the story. Hahaha! Smack this forced romance on our faces. Thank you very much.

Hahaha. You kinda convinced me to continue watching it just for the laugh and the cringe.

Britney is me while watching this episode. Smh.

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 23, 2017 11:20 AM

Apr 2015
Saraka is sooo cute in her magic clothes. Also the kiss >///<

I'm just hoping both survive it and no1 needs to die other than the zashit.
Jun 23, 2017 11:54 AM

Sep 2007
Tokoya said:
How does their romance even remotely take this show downhill....Please enlighten me as to how it harms the story or these two characters in any way

Because as far as I know, Saraka is still against what Yaha is doing/staying true to get character and Shindo is still trying to play negotiator and find common ground between both parties

Hi. I'm gonna butt in on your conversation and enlighten you.

Seeing as your forum picture is Tanya Degurechaff, try to see it like this. You start off with this cute little girl with the mind of a mature and coldhearted man, murdering soldiers left and right so she can win the war and live a peaceful life. Then all of the sudden she takes a romantic interest in some male soldier from her team and the entire show is now only about that, with the war in the background. Would you have liked that? Would you have liked the romance?

People start watching a show because it seems interesting to them. Seikaisuru Kado appealed to many, because it was refereshing and original. Because finally we would get to see a show where a well-meaning alien appears who just wants to communicate with humanity and help them evolve, instead of some villainy alien sending a legion of ugly-ass creatures to brutally wipe out everything on earth. This show started off with its own Tanya Degurechaff, only to have her fall in love with some slightly-more-important-than-most-people-dude. It's only natural for that kind of shit to meet negative reactions.

Romance was unnecessary and destroyed the refreshing plot we all watched it for.

And now, my forever opinion on Saraka:
SHE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CREATED

Give me back my show. Give me back harmonious relations between humanity and the anisotropic. Give me a happy Yaha-kui zaShunina because he just needs a damn friend. Her conservative way of thinking will help kill her beloved earth, and Shindo as well. Honestly if some alien showed itself and revealed they are basically God and gave us life, and now they want to protect us because we are its favorite species, we should fucking jump on that. Yes, more than a few people will die, but it's about survival of the species. If we dive into the anisotropic headfirst with the backing of God themselves, humanity would be able to evolve like never before. Like we hadn't lost the Library of Alexandria at all! We could enjoy so much we now only dream of: space travel, communicate with animals, build incredibly complex architectual structures that will last forever, and more, on top of what that God had already given us (unlimited energy etc).

But this bitch came in and said ''No, not everyone wants change'' even though there are people who do want that and then brainwashed Shindo with her tits. At this point the show is just very badly written. Fuck that. I'm watching the last episode because I want to see how it ends but I hate Saraka and there's no way that will change.
HiinaJun 23, 2017 12:16 PM
Jun 23, 2017 12:10 PM

Apr 2017
Am I the only one who wants Saraka to drop dead and stop opposing the advancement of humanity? I don't personally mind going to the anisotropic if I were a character in this show. I'd be thrilled about the idea, in fact.

Nevermind that I found the romance to be...annoying.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jun 23, 2017 12:20 PM

Dec 2009
SongstressSL said:
Am I the only one who wants Saraka to drop dead and stop opposing the advancement of humanity? I don't personally mind going to the anisotropic if I were a character in this show. I'd be thrilled about the idea, in fact.

Me too, zaShunina has been turned into an antagonist just because. The only thing he's done wrong is try to kill Shindo, which had no real reason to happen, and anyways, the only reason Shindo was doubting is because Saraka fed him bullshit.
And now she's like "but he wants to destroy humanity!!" No that's not what he wants, he wants to evolve humanity.
Jun 23, 2017 1:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hiina said:
Tokoya said:

Hi. I'm gonna butt in on your conversation and enlighten you.

Seeing as your forum picture is Tanya Degurechaff, try to see it like this. You start off with this cute little girl with the mind of a mature and coldhearted man, murdering soldiers left and right so she can win the war and live a peaceful life. Then all of the sudden she takes a romantic interest in some male soldier from her team and the entire show is now only about that, with the war in the background. Would you have liked that? Would you have liked the romance?

People start watching a show because it seems interesting to them. Seikaisuru Kado appealed to many, because it was refereshing and original. Because finally we would get to see a show where a well-meaning alien appears who just wants to communicate with humanity and help them evolve, instead of some villainy alien sending a legion of ugly-ass creatures to brutally wipe out everything on earth. This show started off with its own Tanya Degurechaff, only to have her fall in love with some slightly-more-important-than-most-people-dude. It's only natural for that kind of shit to meet negative reactions.

Romance was unnecessary and destroyed the refreshing plot we all watched it for.

And now, my forever opinion on Saraka:
SHE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CREATED

Give me back my show. Give me back harmonious relations between humanity and the anisotropic. Give me a happy Yaha-kui zaShunina because he just needs a damn friend. Her conservative way of thinking will help kill her beloved earth, and Shindo as well. Honestly if some alien showed itself and revealed they are basically God and gave us life, and now they want to protect us because we are its favorite species, we should fucking jump on that. Yes, more than a few people will die, but it's about survival of the species. If we dive into the anisotropic headfirst with the backing of God themselves, humanity would be able to evolve like never before. Like we hadn't lost the Library of Alexandria at all! We could enjoy so much we now only dream of: space travel, communicate with animals, build incredibly complex architectual structures that will last forever, and more, on top of what that God had already given us (unlimited energy etc).

But this bitch came in and said ''No, not everyone wants change'' even though there are people who do want that and then brainwashed Shindo with her tits. At this point the show is just very badly written. Fuck that. I'm watching the last episode because I want to see how it ends but I hate Saraka and there's no way that will change.
First of all, your analogy of using Youjo Senki failed before it even began not only because something like that would be incredibly illogical, but because this series and Kado are two completely different things entirely so there is no hypothetical comparison to be had here...And the fact that you compared Tanya to Shindo is just hilarious as best considering that Tanya is a narcissistic, sadistic, cruel and most of all SAVAGE individual whose only concern at the end of the day is her own well being and to get revenge on the even more savage Being X, whereas Shindo is the complete opposite of her with their only real similarity being that they're both very intelligent and strategic

I don't want to say that comments like this makes you out to be brain dead, but be that is it may, I'll just destroy your and anyone else's argument before this goes even further because I don't have the time to entertain this type of mindset today

As for a proper comparison, I can't point you in the direction towards anything that's more perfect than one of the best films of 2016 in Arrival which is pretty similar to this series plot wise (That is, extra terrestrials coming to our planet in order to help humanity but at the same time learn more about us to determine how to proceed etc etc all of which was done via the use of two persons who've never met before - a man and a woman who acted as a medium between them and humanity/the nations of the world)

I would spoil the entire movie but all I'm gonna say is to watch that film because that did the exact same thing "romance" wise (If you even want to call it a romance because essentially it's barely prevalent or influential enough to even warrant either series a romance tag) that this anime is doing

What changed this series were the flashy battle portions and that in no way whatsoever was due to the "romance" between Shindo and Saraka

SongstressSL said:

SongstressSL said:

Complete and utter assimilation of an entire race into a foreign entity is not advancing humanity nor is it even remotely beneficial or ethical since to begin with, they don't even have a choice in the matter and are losing what makes us human

You people are literally rooting for the human race to become invincible robots with no soul lol you guys cannot be serious? xD This whole series at its core is about negotiations and now that there is someone who is literally playing god and removing free will, that's just okay? Wut

Yes humanity wanted his gifts, but Yaha said fuck your souls/conscience and wanted something worse......I was on his team wholeheartedly until Yaha gave Shindo a reason to take her side by doing all this
TokoyaJun 23, 2017 1:19 PM
Jun 23, 2017 1:13 PM
Apr 2017
Yes, this show is going downhill fast. Many people feel cheated because it looked like this is going to be a serious sci-fi show that poses interesting question about humanity and now all that went out of the window. All for the sake of tacking on some anime tropes in the last second. There was no development of Saraka’s and Shindo’s relationship. It came out of nowhere and Saraka is basically a 20 billion year old goddess but they have her behaving like a standard teenage love interest.

As for Saraka’s arguments, first no one person has the right to decide this for the whole human race least of all Saraka who is not even human.
Secondly, Saraka claims that human society and culture will change and be destroyed by this. Um, there are thousands of cultures, languages and many different types of societies on Earth today and most of them are changing or are in decline. Culture is not a static thing. It morphs continuously now more than ever thanks to technology. Many of the greatest Sci-fi works deal with how society will change in the future due to technological advancements like AI, human mind going digital, complete control of genetics, space colonization and so on. She is right that zaShunina is pushing things too fast but that’s it.

Then about the possibility that the transformation to the Anisotropic will break us. First, this is her assumption, it’s not definite. Second, all zaShunina needs to do is treat this the same way as his previous gifts and it would be fine. Just say it has a high chance of failure but if it’s successful you will become an immortal god like being. There will be plenty of volunteers. Saraka looks on this from a view point of a young, healthy person living in a rich, stable, technologically advanced country. There are hundreds of millions of people not living like this. There are people who are starving to death, who are slaves, who are trapped in war zones, people who are in pain and slowly but certainly dying from diseases like cancer, people who are paralyzed or severely handicapped or just old people who are nearing the end of their life. If a person is already dying or his/her every waking moment is filled with pain why wouldn’t he/she want to try to become essentially a god. There is nothing to lose. Saraka has no right to take this choice away from people but it does need to be a choice. zaShunina also shouldn’t just do this to people without their consent.

Also, Saraka talks about human dignity but completely forgets about dark side of humanity. Things like wars, exploitation, racism, sexism, extremism, terrorism and so on. And we are well on our way to destroying the planet with pollution and exploitation although wam will definitely help with this. Who says we don’t need some alien intervention.
This is still an ok show but it could have been so much better.
Uh, sorry for the wall of text.
Jun 23, 2017 1:14 PM

Feb 2015
I'm kinda excited for the next episode!
Jun 23, 2017 1:23 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
mnedel said:
Yes, this show is going downhill fast. Many people feel cheated because it looked like this is going to be a serious sci-fi show that poses interesting question about humanity and now all that went out of the window. All for the sake of tacking on some anime tropes in the last second. There was no development of Saraka’s and Shindo’s relationship. It came out of nowhere and Saraka is basically a 20 billion year old goddess but they have her behaving like a standard teenage love interest.

As for Saraka’s arguments, first no one person has the right to decide this for the whole human race least of all Saraka who is not even human.
Secondly, Saraka claims that human society and culture will change and be destroyed by this. Um, there are thousands of cultures, languages and many different types of societies on Earth today and most of them are changing or are in decline. Culture is not a static thing. It morphs continuously now more than ever thanks to technology. Many of the greatest Sci-fi works deal with how society will change in the future due to technological advancements like AI, human mind going digital, complete control of genetics, space colonization and so on. She is right that zaShunina is pushing things too fast but that’s it.

Then about the possibility that the transformation to the Anisotropic will break us. First, this is her assumption, it’s not definite. Second, all zaShunina needs to do is treat this the same way as his previous gifts and it would be fine. Just say it has a high chance of failure but if it’s successful you will become an immortal god like being. There will be plenty of volunteers. Saraka looks on this from a view point of a young, healthy person living in a rich, stable, technologically advanced country. There are hundreds of millions of people not living like this. There are people who are starving to death, who are slaves, who are trapped in war zones, people who are in pain and slowly but certainly dying from diseases like cancer, people who are paralyzed or severely handicapped or just old people who are nearing the end of their life. If a person is already dying or his/her every waking moment is filled with pain why wouldn’t he/she want to try to become essentially a god. There is nothing to lose. Saraka has no right to take this choice away from people but it does need to be a choice. zaShunina also shouldn’t just do this to people without their consent.

Also, Saraka talks about human dignity but completely forgets about dark side of humanity. Things like wars, exploitation, racism, sexism, extremism, terrorism and so on. And we are well on our way to destroying the planet with pollution and exploitation although wam will definitely help with this. Who says we don’t need some alien intervention.
This is still an ok show but it could have been so much better.
Uh, sorry for the wall of text.
Depending on how the finale goes, I feel like this clash of ideals will come full circle solely because at the end of the day, Shindo doesn't want to destroy him but rather come to an understanding between both parties

It's evident that he knows full and well that most of the gifts Yaha brought are beneficial to the advancement of humanity and I believe that even after he heard Saraka's reasoning behind why she was against him, he still wanted to find common ground and it was solely because Yaha wanted them to just do what he says and then be assimilated, THAT is what turned Shindo against him, because he eliminated the negotiation process (By becoming a tyrant) which always never ends well for both parties (And especially the one on the losing side of the negotiation)

So the way I see it, is that either they'll get rid of everything altogether if Yaha can't be reasoned with, or Shindo will suceed and they all will continue to use the Wam etc but moderately etc
Jun 23, 2017 2:16 PM
Oct 2013
Man, this anime just keep turning better and mixing the sci-fi aspects with the battle aspects is going really well, all the Philosophical conversations are top notch, they are really the type when you questions each is the right or wrong one, so far I am in Shido´s side, but Zashunina PoV doesn´t look so wrong either, by his side humanity will be extintic in 1 billion years tops, and that to Zashunina is pretty much nothing, so it would be better to save one person and let it ends now than let humanity with its paths, but cant agree with this, the anime also have my favorite ship os the season, that is Shindo and Saraka, this episode really boosted that, now with just one episode left my excitement is at the top, cant wait to see how it will end.
Gabriel_MastersJun 23, 2017 2:31 PM
Just an average anime fan.
Jun 23, 2017 2:22 PM

Apr 2017
Grim19521 said:
SongstressSL said:

Me too, zaShunina has been turned into an antagonist just because. The only thing he's done wrong is try to kill Shindo, which had no real reason to happen, and anyways, the only reason Shindo was doubting is because Saraka fed him bullshit.
And now she's like "but he wants to destroy humanity!!" No that's not what he wants, he wants to evolve humanity.

I know right! I mean, if they kindly refrained from making Saraka the romantic female lead and forcing her illogical opinions on Shindo (I fail to see her point that episode altogether), we could see a much more interesting story. Sure, you might want to slow down and adjust between changes, but Shindo had no inherent opposition to the change initially and didn't show any until his "date" with Saraka. Her entire point also seems to be that of a conservative - "Change is bad! Change is scary! Deviating from traditional ways is bad!"

While I have no qualms with the idea that those in the anime's universe who hold this view should be represented, I feel having that be the main character's love interest is just...poor representation. Have them form a political faction or something would work so much better.

Tokoya said:

SongstressSL said:

Complete and utter assimilation of an entire race into a foreign entity is not advancing humanity nor is it even remotely beneficial or ethical since to begin with, they don't even have a choice in the matter and are losing what makes us human

You people are literally rooting for the human race to become invincible robots with no soul lol you guys cannot be serious? xD This whole series at its core is about negotiations and now that there is someone who is literally playing god and removing free will, that's just okay? Wut

Yes humanity wanted his gifts, but Yaha said fuck your souls/conscience and wanted something worse......I was on his team wholeheartedly until Yaha gave Shindo a reason to take her side by doing all this

If we became "invincible robots with no soul", a lot of problems would get solved, especially for those living in places on this planet where people are so desperate to make a living that they don't have the luxury to think about ethics. Just saying...

"wanted something worse" - this lost me. I never thought of his goals as worse. I always felt Saraka's stance fits this quote though. There are clearly people who want what alien-kun was offering. Saraka's stance disregards their free choices as well since she wants alien-kun to go back home and stop giving nice things to humans, even if some of those humans want the option to be able to get what he has to offer.

Now, I interpreted alien-kun's intentions as "We like what grew in our cocoon. Come out of the cocoon now and become fellow gods (or demigod) outside the cocoon". Choosing between being a god or a human in the gods' cocoon cage isn't a hard one for me to make. Really.
BalsaminaJun 23, 2017 2:35 PM
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jun 23, 2017 2:30 PM

Sep 2007
Tokoya said:
First of all, your analogy of using Youjo Senki failed before it even began not only because something like that would be incredibly illogical, but because this series and Kado are two completely different things entirely so there is no hypothetical comparison to be had here...And the fact that you compared Tanya to Shindo is just hilarious as best considering that Tanya is a narcissistic, sadistic, cruel and most of all SAVAGE individual whose only concern at the end of the day is her own well being and to get revenge on the even more savage Being X, whereas Shindo is the complete opposite of her with their only real similarity being that they're both very intelligent and strategic

I don't want to say that comments like this makes you out to be brain dead, but be that is it may, I'll just destroy your and anyone else's argument before this goes even further because I don't have the time to entertain this type of mindset today

As for a proper comparison, I can't point you in the direction towards anything that's more perfect than one of the best films of 2016 in Arrival which is pretty similar to this series plot wise (That is, extra terrestrials coming to our planet in order to help humanity but at the same time learn more about us to determine how to proceed etc etc all of which was done via the use of two persons who've never met before - a man and a woman who acted as a medium between them and humanity/the nations of the world)

I would spoil the entire movie but all I'm gonna say is to watch that film because that did the exact same thing "romance" wise (If you even want to call it a romance because essentially it's barely prevalent or influential enough to even warrant either series a romance tag) that this anime is doing

What changed this series were the flashy battle portions and that in no way whatsoever was due to the "romance" between Shindo and Saraka

Yes, that's the word. Illogical.

I'm aware that the two series are vastly different. I just went with Youjo Senki because Tanya is your forum picture and as such I could pretty safely assume you know the story, but I could've used any show as an example. So just take any random anime with a decent amount of plot you at least kind of like, doesn't matter which, and then imagine one of the main characters suddenly lovingly kissing someone they didn't have any romantic feelings towards and then them being an item. Even if it is after being saved by that person. My point is that when watching a show you yourself picked out to watch it's normal to have certain expectations from it, and that in this particular case it went in the complete opposite direction for 99% of the fandom. And that doesn't have to be a bad thing, it could be a sign of good story writing. Of course a show can change its story over time, shift its focus unto different characters and their relationships, and/or have amazing plot twists no one could foresee. Like Saraka also being an anisotropic being. I thought that was a very nice addition. The sudden forced romance with absolutely no solid footing however, is something that is 1) unnecessary in these type of shows and 2) certainly not more important than the main story. Saraka and Shindo got more screentime than zaShunina this episode in favor of their kiss and apparent ''romantic relationship''. It distracts from the main plot which we had certain expectations for. Disagreeing with my ''type of mindset'' is okay, but calling me braindead for it is honestly just a sign you lack basic respect for the person you disagree with.

Also you can't say the flashy battle portions changed the series because they haven't been aired yet. A preview is in the end just a preview, and anything you see in one could be framed in a certain way to get your thoughts going, even though that same scene can have a very different setting later on in that actual episode.

Neither of us is right nor braindead.
I simply hate forced romances, and especially in Seikaisuru Kado. Which is probably intensified since I already didn't like Saraka that much.
Jun 23, 2017 3:11 PM

Sep 2007
SongstressSL said:
If we became "invincible robots with no soul", a lot of problems would get solved, especially for those living in places on this planet where people are so desperate to make a living that they don't have the luxury to think about ethics. Just saying...

"wanted something worse" - this lost me. I never thought of his goals as worse. I always felt Saraka's stance fits this quote though. There are clearly people who want what alien-kun was offering. Saraka's stance disregards their free choices as well since she wants alien-kun to go back home and stop giving nice things to humans, even if some of those humans want the option to be able to get what he has to offer.

Now, I interpreted alien-kun's intentions as "We like what grew in our cocoon. Come out of the cocoon now and become fellow gods (or demigod) outside the cocoon". Choosing between being a god or a human in the gods' cocoon cage isn't a hard one for me to make. Really.

This. Absolutely this.

I agree Yaha-kui zaShunina might be going a bit too fast, because three months is not a long time for humanity to adjust to a completely new world, but we should give people the freedom of choice. We can see this happening with the Nanomis-heim. People in different countries all over the world were lining up to touch it so they could get a (better) sense of the anisotropic. They were taking selfies with it. They were clearly not being forced, instead they embraced the unknown in order to better understand the unknown.

The only reason zaShunina wanted to kill Shindo is because Saraka doesn't want anything to change and infected Shindo with that kind of thinking. And yes I'm using the word ''infected'' because as Shindo is a negotiator who should always be neutral, this made him partial to her. I'm not saying wanting humanity to advance on its own is bad, I'm saying that forcing everyone to adhere to your thinking is bad, and that's what she's doing. Even more so when the change, or non-change, can't be reversed. It's either advance on our own or advancing with the help of God (because that's who zaShunina is). Once it's been done, or hasn't been done, there is very likely not going to be a second chance.

There are those who wish to accept a helping hand and there are those who don't. Both are valid choices. With they way things were going, people did have freedom of choice, because they could choose to watch the Sansa airing and they can choose to touch a Nanomis-heim (copy!Shindo still made sure people weren't forced to). Ever since Saraka put conservative ideas into Shindo's head things went wrong and did zaShunina try to kill Shindo in order to start over again. Keep in mind that because Yaha-kui is God it may mean different, and more extreme reactions than humans are used to. This was him thinking ''oh I messed up, I'll simply try again'' because in his mind killing is not final. That being said, it's actually Saraka's fault that Yaha-kui tried to kill Shindo. And her heroically coming to save him wouldn't have been needed had she just let Shindo do his damn job. Then he could've watched over Yaha-kui and made sure he was well-represented (copies don't count), and not feel guilty and alone that lead zaShunina to make a rash decision.

In other words, Saraka is the cause for all the drama happening right now and has only herself to blame for it.
Jun 23, 2017 3:33 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hiina said:
Tokoya said:

I'm aware that the two series are vastly different. I just went with Youjo Senki because Tanya is your forum picture and as such I could pretty safely assume you know the story, but I could've used any show as an example. So just take any random anime with a decent amount of plot you at least kind of like, doesn't matter which, and then imagine one of the main characters suddenly lovingly kissing someone they didn't have any romantic feelings towards and then them being an item. Even if it is after being saved by that person. My point is that when watching a show you yourself picked out to watch it's normal to have certain expectations from it, and that in this particular case it went in the complete opposite direction for 99% of the fandom. And that doesn't have to be a bad thing, it could be a sign of good story writing. Of course a show can change its story over time, shift its focus unto different characters and their relationships, and/or have amazing plot twists no one could foresee. Like Saraka also being an anisotropic being. I thought that was a very nice addition. The sudden forced romance with absolutely no solid footing however, is something that is 1) unnecessary in these type of shows and 2) certainly not more important than the main story. Saraka and Shindo got more screentime than zaShunina this episode in favor of their kiss and apparent ''romantic relationship''. It distracts from the main plot which we had certain expectations for. Disagreeing with my ''type of mindset'' is okay, but calling me braindead for it is honestly just a sign you lack basic respect for the person you disagree with.

Also you can't say the flashy battle portions changed the series because they haven't been aired yet. A preview is in the end just a preview, and anything you see in one could be framed in a certain way to get your thoughts going, even though that same scene can have a very different setting later on in that actual episode.

I simply hate forced romances, and especially in Seikaisuru Kado. Which is probably intensified since I already didn't like Saraka that much.
What I'm trying to get at here is that the romance isn't forced solely because these two have had sufficent screentime together in addition to having a lot of things in common such as being in the same profession. And most of all, they're adults, not teenagers, so all of that stuff that we're used to in pretty much every romance anime nowadays (Besides Scums Wish which was a more realistic/modern take on things) wouldn't play out the same in this series.....Like I said before, Arrival showcased this exact same thing, love isn't something that can be calculated, it just happens in ways we don't expect it to

SongstressSL said:
Grim19521 said:

I know right! I mean, if they kindly refrained from making Saraka the romantic female lead and forcing her illogical opinions on Shindo (I fail to see her point that episode altogether), we could see a much more interesting story. Sure, you might want to slow down and adjust between changes, but Shindo had no inherent opposition to the change initially and didn't show any until his "date" with Saraka. Her entire point also seems to be that of a conservative - "Change is bad! Change is scary! Deviating from traditional ways is bad!"

While I have no qualms with the idea that those in the anime's universe who hold this view should be represented, I feel having that be the main character's love interest is just...poor representation. Have them form a political faction or something would work so much better.

Tokoya said:

Your first paragraph alone made me facepalm.....I can't deal with this shit lol...His CURRENT goal is what I'm talking about
Jun 23, 2017 3:52 PM

Sep 2007
Tokoya said:
What I'm trying to get at here is that the romance isn't forced solely because these two have had sufficent screentime together in addition to having a lot of things in common such as being in the same profession. And most of all, they're adults, not teenagers, so all of that stuff that we're used to in pretty much every romance anime nowadays (Besides Scums Wish which was a more realistic/modern take on things) wouldn't play out the same in this series.....Like I said before, Arrival showcased this exact same thing, love isn't something that can be calculated, it just happens in ways we don't expect it to

Out of nowhere? They both are indeed in the same profession, but they're very different people who just happened to work together on this case. Love isn't calculated, in the real world you're right, except in a fictional world love can be calculated and fabricated. It doesn't matter if they're teenagers or adults, this romance was made last-minute and is very low level, yet it's made out to be everything. It is in fact a forced romance because the audience was not prepared for romance at all. If you like it, fine, you do you. Just don't degrade and downplay the people who don't like it when a romance is shoved into their faces

Also threads get illegible fast when you quote in quote
HiinaJun 23, 2017 3:58 PM
Jun 23, 2017 3:53 PM

Jan 2017
I expected a certain level of saltyness about the Saraka twist, but this is more than I expected. However, I don't feel that the show has betrayed its premise and style or even genre.

Saraka seemed out of place in this Anime to me from the beginning. She was hell of a tsundere, while all the other characters have a quite realistic aura. The only other overdone characters are Shinawa and Hanamori, with the latter being an overly cry baby while the former is the embodyment of nerdish freakyness. But they still had their character-breaking moments, while I never saw such a moment for Saraka. Then, all of a sudden she is revealed as an anisotropic-environmentalist, who wants to keep her own creation, the cocoon which is our universe, to herself instead of sharing the miracle of humanity with the other anisotropic beings.

But then again, this made all her former behavior suddenly make sense to me, too. Saraka doesn't seem childish, she IS an only child, in that she created the cocoon, marveled at it and doesn't want her sensation to end. Only through her behavior, though, the conflict with zaShunina becomes unavoidable. He isn't a villain, for all he does is what all the anistropic beings have always done, exploiting cocoons to satisfy their need for information. Both his and Saraka's stand point create the need for negotiation, which is the basis of this show in the first place. And I don't feel zaShunina is happy how things went, too, which will provide a pathway for a happy end.

I agree that Saraka's revelation and existence was not the best way to set up this final (but in the background always present) conflict. I would have expected humanity themselves to realize at some point that the development provided by zaShunina is forced upon them and say "Whoa, dude, let's take a break here." But the creators of this show went for this path, and I don't see why it hurts that much so the show wouldn't still be enjoyable.
Jun 23, 2017 4:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hiina said:
Tokoya said:

Out of nowhere? They both are indeed in the same profession, but they're very different people who just happened to work together on this case. Love isn't calculated, in the real world you're right, except in a fictional world love can be calculated and fabricated. It doesn't matter if they're teenagers or adults, this romance was made last-minute and is very low level, yet it's made out to be everything. It is in fact a forced romance because the audience was not prepared for romance at all. If you like it, fine, you do you. Just don't degrade and downplay the people who don't like it when a romance is shoved into their faces

Also threads get illegible fast when you quote in quote
Don't come with that "this is a fictional world" nonsense. This is one of the most realistic series this season in terms of how the world works and how people would react to the situations presented in this series.....The audience wouldn't be prepared because THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE SERIES, but be that as it may, from the audience's perspective, something like this doesn't stop the audience from shipping characters .....Standard mediums with or without romance undertones are exactly like this
Jun 23, 2017 4:38 PM

Apr 2017
Tokoya said:
Hiina said:

SongstressSL said:

Your first paragraph alone made me facepalm.....I can't deal with this shit lol...His CURRENT goal is what I'm talking about

If you don't want alien-kun's gifts, just hide under a rock and don't come out. He won't care about a single human or even a handful staying inside the cocoon. You're not forced to advance to the anisotropic. Seriously. And for those of us who want to become "invincible robots with no soul", his CURRENT goal isn't a problem for us. For us, on the flipside, Saraka's way of thinking is. If alien-kun goes home and doesn't come back, we don't get our option.
Jun 23, 2017 4:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
^And this is why the future generation of our world is looking pretty fucking bleak
Jun 23, 2017 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
This was such a unique and refreshing anime... and now they killed it with the Saraka ass pull and with the show taking the battle route instead of negotiating.
Animus and mangos
Jun 23, 2017 4:54 PM

Mar 2016
What a hell is wrong with this score? 7.40? You kidding me, right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really enjoyed this episode...
Everything was on point, inclusive the kiss...

And the end was a little bit of a shock!!! Is Kado going to swallow the entire Earth?

This dam CGI is so good... :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mnedel said:
This sow is a serious sci-fi -.-, possess, yes, a lot of interesting questions about humanity and was capable of gaving me ideas I would never imagine they were even imaginable and their relationship is not a little bit forced! Each one had their own development at the right time and Saraka's not a god btw! She was one of the creators of the known Universe, but that doesn't make her a god! Besides, she lives and dies like everyone with the exception that she reencarnates in different ANIMAL SPECIES and they never said she was a human before, so she's experiencing a human life for the first time and you want her to behave like a boss who rules the world? Non-sense...
azertz99Jun 30, 2017 12:24 PM
Jun 23, 2017 4:56 PM

Sep 2007
Tokoya said:
Don't come with that "this is a fictional world" nonsense. This is one of the most realistic series this season in terms of how the world works and how people would react to the situations presented in this series.....The audience wouldn't be prepared because THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE SERIES, but be that as it may, from the audience's perspective, something like this doesn't stop the audience from shipping characters .....Standard mediums with or without romance undertones are exactly like this

Why, you're right this isn't a romance series! Then don't force it on the audience!

This series wasthe most realistic until they let two people have a conversation on a boat and then made them an item. I will start that "fictional world nonsense" because the creators had every opportunity to made their relationship feel realistic. For example, if Saraka's ring had bound Shindo's memories of them having loved each other, for she as a god musn't fall in love with a human, but when it broke his memories returned. Or the usual childhood friends to lovers trope. Anything would've been better than BOOM now they're in love. I'm not necessarily against their relationship, I'm against a serious series that hit all the boxes and is very realistic suddenly not explaining things anymore, just bam they're in love deal with it. If you're gonna pull the realistic card how does agreeing to talk to Yaha-kui add up to a romance. It just doesn't make sense.
Jun 23, 2017 4:58 PM

Apr 2017
Tokoya said:
^And this is why the future generation of our world is looking pretty fucking bleak

On the contrary, I wish I was born thousands of generations ahead so that I won't be susceptible to the same health problems that our current technological advances can't solve - like the issue of aging. I'd actually like to be immortal if the option was available. I'd also happily operate on my genetics to gain superhuman intelligence, strength, beauty, amongst other benefits. The stance offered by alien-kun happen to align with my interests.

Hiina said:
Tokoya said:

Why, you're right this isn't a romance series! Then don't force it on the audience!

This series wasthe most realistic until they let two people have a conversation on a boat and then made them an item. I will start that "fictional world nonsense" because the creators had every opportunity to made their relationship feel realistic. For example, if Saraka's ring had bound Shindo's memories of them having loved each other, for she as a god musn't fall in love with a human, but when it broke his memories returned. Or the usual childhood friends to lovers trope. Anything would've been better than BOOM now they're in love. I'm not necessarily against their relationship, I'm against a serious series that hit all the boxes and is very realistic suddenly not explaining things anymore, just bam they're in love deal with it. If you're gonna pull the realistic card how does agreeing to talk to Yaha-kui add up to a romance. It just doesn't make sense.

This so much.

The scene of their date does not illustrate to me how Shindo's perspective should change. In fact, it shouldn't change much at all based on what we, the audience saw. She showed him basically everything that Shindo, who is also a millenial, and Japanese, and has a similar job in the government, should already know and be aware of. I am not content with the representation of conservatism in this anime for this reason. It feels like Saraka, the representation for conservatism is 1) jumping logic to gain an advantage in priority in the view of the main character and 2) hallow, as in there's no convincing argument for why a conservative stance should suddenly be the protagonist's stance
BalsaminaJun 23, 2017 5:03 PM
Jun 23, 2017 5:12 PM

Dec 2015
funny how most people here arguing about hating the forced love saraka and shindou , the suit . Just let it be , you cant do anything
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2017

91 by JaniSIr »»
Apr 21, 2022 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.