Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 23, 2017 10:01 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Happy to see Guri back to normal, however I found the way of doing so was kind of eh. But I suppose no one ever truly asked Guri how she was feeling, so it makes sense in a way.

Well I loved this show, it was a lot of fun. The comedy, especially the visual gags, was hilarious. I think it definitely had some ups and downs, but it did a good job of relatively keeping the same comedic tone throughout the series. Let's not forget the GOAT opening. That song is still catchy as hell 12 weeks later.

Really hope we get a second season and a Guri nendoroid! 8/10
Jun 23, 2017 10:22 PM

May 2015
Did Akane just casually beat the heck out of Cerberus...? And the way she got to heel was hilarious. Lol! Yuzu got a nice character development, Guri finally said what was in her mind... well, I guess that ended about as well as it could with that messed up harem composed of crazy chicks although they forgave Pink-girl/Shikimi to fast for my taste. XD I had fun watching it. It's not perfect of course, but I really enjoyed it.

On a side note:
(ノ`Д ́)ノ No Akua at the end!? What Da' F*ck man!

terrablu2003 said:
As a final episode, I would say that it has as positive aspects, the fact of revealing interesting backgrounds and of having properly closed the issue of interpersonal relationships between Guri and others. It is a pity, however, that the whole question of elaborating Guri's thinking and of his change is too fast
+1

Jun 24, 2017 3:47 AM

Oct 2014
It has a good beginning but it fell short in the ending. But atleast its a harem ending instead of an incest ending *cough cough*

I would choose Yuzo though. She's the cutest and the most normal girl compare to others.

Descent show. It's sad that top reviews scored the anime 4 or 5. It's 6/10 for me. Good show, but not that memorable. Ending is well done so a season 2 is not needed imo.
Jun 24, 2017 4:05 AM

Oct 2015
This anime was horrible at trying to swtich from being serious to being comedic and vise versa. This killed my enjoyment of the whole anime title and want for another season. The rest was mediocre.
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Jun 24, 2017 6:49 AM

Jun 2013
i don't know that was generic
Jun 24, 2017 7:46 AM
Dec 2012
So what did Coraly's 3rd form look like?
aaand it's over. I stayed only for Akane anyway.
Jun 24, 2017 10:13 AM

May 2016
That's kinda cool they end up all together
Jun 24, 2017 2:19 PM

Dec 2015
Lmao Akane, her love rivals keep growing.

The end card was so beautifulllll
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 24, 2017 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
I loved this anime when it first aired but it just got worse as it went on tbh. :I

4/10
Jun 24, 2017 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
Ended as expected, nothing much has/will change. 5/10
Jun 24, 2017 11:12 PM
Apr 2016
The ending was rushed, 4 mins left and the climax was just happening. But Guri in her child form was like pure kawaii and innocent though!
And Kami cheated, WTF was that?
Jun 25, 2017 7:20 AM

Dec 2008
"Where did the normal you go?"
Oh idk. Maybe she disappeared because you basically told her she was a pain and as a result felt unneeded?

"Besides, you should expect me to complain about everything you do by now, right?"
You can't fucking be serious. These last two episodes have seriously made me hate Seiji. That's some entitlement. What a pos.

Overall, I liked Akane if I ignore episode 11. I liked Seiji if I ignore episodes 11 & 12. I liked Yuzu if I ignore the dumbass plot point of giving her feelings for Seiji. I liked Guri when she acted somewhat seriously occasionally, and her demon form was wonderful. Her over the top excited and silly self is eeeeh. It's fine occasionally but repetitive.

I gave 0 fks about Akua and Shikimi.

Fun ride for the most part, but 6/10.
Jun 25, 2017 10:16 AM

Nov 2014
That was surprisingly good and satisfying ending. But personally I hoped Guri will stay with white hair, it looked much better.
Jun 25, 2017 12:28 PM
Jun 2017
Can't wait for season 2 if they ever decide too.!!! BUT DAM that felt so rushed LOL! Enjoyed this anime for this season! Hoping for a season 2. @Terkhev yea I hope she can transform to both demon and angel anytime she wants since I like her demon design.
TsundereGuy93Jun 25, 2017 2:13 PM
Jun 25, 2017 9:47 PM

Feb 2014
*sigh*

The two last episodes killed me.

I was hoping for "we used our power to make the MC to say that **** thing to Guri in the episode 11" but it didn't happen... and now I'm finishing an anime pissed off.. ****

TechOtakuJun 25, 2017 9:50 PM
Jun 25, 2017 9:48 PM

Jun 2011
Markdoka said:
My message to the fucking (((SJW MAL yaoi-loving anime normies))) attacking anime like this (and also Eromanga/Oreimo/Urara Meirochou/Hinako Note/Dagashi Kashi/Rolling Girls/the other Nanatsu no Taizai anime) while praising overrated, unenjoyable shit like Naruto/Shitgatsu/Yuri on Ice/Free!/Tokyo Ghoul:

You all need to take a chill pill.

Also: Guri-chan >>>>>>>>>>> Akane (stop bullying Guri-chan pls)

Yuri on Ice is in my favorites and I loved this. Also this was definitely something yaoi fans could love.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jun 26, 2017 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
A nice finale to a pretty good anime. This anime was definitely not that great or amazing, but it's still entertaining and enjoyable which is good enough for me.

Also, Yuzu still the best girl no matter what anyone says.
Jun 26, 2017 6:54 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, Akane beat up Cerberus himself.

All is well that ends well, at least Guri managed to overcome her qualms. I would have preferred a bit more comedy, though.
Jun 26, 2017 5:11 PM

Sep 2015
This one will be going down the watch and forget list. It started off great actually, had a few good laughs but the comedy began to grow stale over time. Nice to see it clicked for some people but for me it didn't offer enough to stay exciting every week.

The conclusion to this episode was nice. Not much else to say, I don't regret watching it but I probably won't be recommending this to anyone.

5/10
Jun 27, 2017 12:29 PM
Jul 2008
The last story seems really forced..

1. Seiji suddenly said those heartwrecking things to Guri, seems really out of place to me?
2. After that he asked everyone why she became like that, I don't even understand why he couldn't understand what he did.
3. Shikimi keep saying that Seiji and everyone did not search for her and do not care for her. But did Guri on the side saw that those people were searching for him? After that she just believed that everyone hate her and don't care about her..

Overall it's not bad, I just don't really like the last story.
Jun 29, 2017 1:24 AM

Feb 2013
A very enjoyable series. Had some great moments.

7/10
Jun 30, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
Damn, I can't believe I actually enjoyed watching this.
I should really had just watched this weekly instead binged it on one go.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 30, 2017 7:52 PM

Dec 2016
A cute ending to an all around cute and fun show
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 2, 2017 12:42 PM

Jun 2013
a good end to a funny series c:
Jul 5, 2017 10:38 AM
Feb 2009
guri's n akane's feeling toward mc actually felt genuine. too bad i couldnt rate this series any higher than 6
oblivious is a bliss
Jul 8, 2017 5:34 PM

Jun 2013
Well the last episode felt rushed. They should've just made 13 episodes. As for series I guess it was okay.

6/10
Jul 10, 2017 3:02 PM

Sep 2013
Finally, some good comedy in the end ep. decent on the whole show. The finale was such usual turnaround as expected but still amusing. The addition of Shikimi is also welcome.

Except Akane, Guri and Shikimi, the cast was absolute shit. The usual garbage dumbass mc whose sole +ve point is 'convenient kindness' and that fucking desu-wa crappy girl. PRAISE TO YANDERE-SAMA!!!!!!!!1
Jul 15, 2017 11:34 AM

Aug 2016
I got some good laughs out of this anime, but sometimes it was a bit boring... 7/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 19, 2017 4:11 AM

Dec 2012
Nice kiss and it was nice to see Guri tells her feelings. The comedy part was very funny. Iit's too bad that they decided to become serious, the first episodes were so good.
Among the girls, Guri is my favorite :).
Jul 25, 2017 5:42 PM

Jun 2015
This was a fun anime to watch, but the comedy seemed to be more and more forced with each episode. I didn't like Akane, and honestly I found Yuzu to be the best out of all of them because she actually had a sense of freaking mind.
6/10.
Jul 25, 2017 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
I wanted to hear that "i love you too Guri" from Seiji...
Great ED pic.
To be honest, i am quite disappointed with this anime, i expected much more.
6/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 30, 2017 6:57 AM

Apr 2013
fallen or not Guri is just adorable
overall decent anime with an okayish end
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 1, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent conclusion to this anime, quite liked it actually! The start was great of this series, while in the middle and end it got a bit weaker but in the end it was still pretty solid!

All in all it was a good watch!
Aug 16, 2017 12:45 AM

Oct 2013
Akane made me survive untill the last episode, redhead for life ♥.. the story is still shit btw... and that random penguin is just ughh.. but i kinda enjoy the love hate relationship between them

5/10
Aug 18, 2017 6:55 AM
Jul 2012
TFW a lot of people give an anime poor ratings but you loved (almost) every moment of it yourself...
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Sep 14, 2017 12:14 PM

May 2015
sarroush said:
Oh idk. Maybe she disappeared because you basically told her she was a pain and as a result felt unneeded?

"Besides, you should expect me to complain about everything you do by now, right?"
You can't fucking be serious. These last two episodes have seriously made me hate Seiji. That's some entitlement. What a pos.

Overall, I liked Akane if I ignore episode 11. I liked Seiji if I ignore episodes 11 & 12. I liked Yuzu if I ignore the dumbass plot point of giving her feelings for Seiji. I liked Guri when she acted somewhat seriously occasionally, and her demon form was wonderful. Her over the top excited and silly self is eeeeh. It's fine occasionally but repetitive.

Seji and Akane did nothing wrong. Shikimi and Guri were the ones at fault.

Oct 19, 2017 3:50 PM
Apr 2014
The end was so annoying.

Just remove Shikimi from the cast and this would have been decent even for a harem anime. Can't think of a single scene in which she would have been a good addition.

All in all I'm a bit disappointed. Was expecting just some silly harem rom-com and what I got was a lot of drama and people that don't know what they feel for whom(well with the exception of Akane).

Was it enjoyable? Generally yes, as long as Shikimi wasn't part of it. Although I have to admit the shit she did every now and then made someone else do something funny. Was it what I was hoping for? Not really. The trailer made this look a lot less serious than it was especially towards the end. If at least it wouldn't have felt so forced...

After reading a few comments it seems there are quite a few people with a similar feeling as me. It was fun in the beginning but dropped off over the course of the season.
NanashiOct 19, 2017 3:53 PM
Dec 8, 2017 2:53 AM

Sep 2012
teubert2 said:
TFW a lot of people give an anime poor ratings but you loved (almost) every moment of it yourself...

their issue is they are tsunderer :D

Kittens-kun said:
sarroush said:

Seji and Akane did nothing wrong. Shikimi and Guri were the ones at fault.

Guri not so much cause he didn't understand love & what she felt she needed to learn it somehow so she went with Shikimi plan to figure it out as the way things were she would have been unhappy without realizing what the issue is so in a long run & that would have been worse & she could become big pain, she is just dummy & thought that the best way for figuring it out Shikimi was bad influence on her & Guri was in a vulnerable state easy to manipulate so Maou & Shikimi were at fault
Sugram22Dec 8, 2017 3:01 AM
Jan 24, 2018 10:08 AM
Jan 2017
Ok so this was a pretty good show. I still didnt like the whole incest and teacher on student pairings. however, this was the 1st anime I've seen that actually managed to present those relationships and all of them in general in a way that wasn't creepy as hell. Ya gotta give the anime props for that. Overall I rate this anime at an 8.5/10
Aug 11, 2019 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
And they ended the drama in one episode as expected. This show needed more fanservice and comedy to be really good. But it was enjoyable, execpt for the last two episodes which were rather meh. 6/10
Nov 5, 2019 12:19 AM

Dec 2016
Love Tyrant's last arch about Guri's confusion, her despair and emptiness was latched onto by Shikimi's love with a twist. Because Shikimi was attention seeking, she knew what it felt like to be lonely. So she did what she could and escalated Guri's despair, so in order to transform Guri's unrequited love without directly amending their comical roles, to make Guri feel love. Seiji's neglect, stated too by Yuzu, became remedied by Shikimi's manipulation.

Guri is a highly intelligent and kind girl who was able to discern the emotions and innate qualities of Suo Hiyama's attitude. In episode 8 as Akane'sspoke to her mother about her attitude of love 'I know why you hate the idea of people falling in love' only to be immediately refuted by Guri "Your mother doesn't hate love. After all, she's overflowing with more love than anyone else here" only for Suo to react by stabbing her through the head. Clearly, she learnt what love is at this point.
Guri projected Suo's innate love despite only hearing about what love is from a very narrow window of abstracts based on what others told her. She had heard what love is from Akane's answer "When this part of you aches" pointing to her chest or heart. And with Seiji's feedback on why she should not randomly use her cupid ability, that she should use it for select relationships.

What this does however, is that it begins to turn in on that fact that Guri's empathy and kindness lacked the level of maturity a common person would have. The common maturity to comprehend that she was in fact in love with Seiji who did not requite it. But her general sense of happiness and external understanding of love blanketed the concept of what sole love is. With Seiji's lack of attention to her, she begins to feel distant and 'empty' as she acted as an observer who could not touch the warmth of someone's love.

Furthermore, Guri was doing a very noble and affectionate job despite lacking the aptitudes and foundation of the cupid. AS her father said, she was a cupid to "Teach her about love" (incorrect quote equal intention). Due to Shikimi's social engineering, the scenario where Guri can learn what it mean't to be loved, rather than to simply understand what love is was turned into a catharsis. Shikim's devious nature followed through to remedy this harsh situation Guri was in. Such observation cannot be overstated in the plot. It was not with the magical abilities of a cupid did Shikimi change Guri's gradual trauma of "love absent of love" that would eventually consume her faith. It was through a lovely way, Shikmi is full of love.

Because of Shikimi's empathy with Guri and individual efforts, she drew out the true feelings of Guri. Which also prevented a greater void from growing within Guri. Her seemingly bad behaviour was not about herself, but for Guri. Seiji's tardiness was compensated and love was restored with Shikimi's manipulation.

waldexNov 5, 2019 12:34 AM
Mar 19, 2020 3:11 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
An anime that I really enjoyed, the characters were good, best waifu is probably Akane or Guri I don't know but the girls were cute.
7/10 but more like 7,5/10
Sep 20, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2011
sarroush said:

This was so spot on! Couldn't have said it better myself.
Dec 23, 2020 9:43 PM

Jan 2011
Dumb comedy was fun, but the dumb drama was eh.
Jun 6, 2021 5:56 AM
May 2020
the weird and wonderful merged into this anime
Jun 3, 2023 2:27 AM
May 2023
the ending was kinda mid
Aug 23, 2023 10:30 PM
Aug 2023
Shitkimi faced zero consequences for her actions, and got a non-redemption redemption. I can't help but feel disgust and contempt despite how well this anime started off in the earlier episodes.
Aug 30, 2023 12:57 PM

Jan 2021
Not bad, it was entertaining. 7/10 (more like 6.7)
Nov 8, 2023 2:45 PM
Apr 2023
I really loved it, the demon fight scene was incredible
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

73 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 23, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

223 by Failure_No1 »»
May 29, 2023 8:06 AM

» Was it faithful to the manga?

Hystique - May 24, 2023

2 by Rathifiend99 »»
May 25, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

34 by Tortillas5 »»
May 1, 2023 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.