Forum Settings
Forums

how or where do you watch anime? what service do you use? and recommend me comedy too plz

New
Jun 21, 2017 10:50 AM
Feb 2014
I was wondering, what service do you use? Crunchyroll or something else? can you buy seasons only and not pay a monthly fee?

Thanks for the help

this maybe isn't anime recommendations so.... Recommend me your favorit comedy anime too please :)
Jun 21, 2017 12:21 PM

Jun 2014
I tried Netflix, anime content is too few
I tried streaming free, but the advertisements and reliability gives me a headache
then I tried Hulu, anime content is just barely sufficient. I don't watch American tv show
Funimation is good for Dub, but I hate dub
Crunchyroll is the best. Their only flaw is that it wastes 10 seconds of my time with every episode, which is completely okay with me.

Sabagebu! and Nichijou and D Frag
Gekkan shoujo and Inou-battle wa Nichijo-kei no naka de
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku

Jun 23, 2017 10:31 PM

May 2017
I would say kissanime, but its are filled with popups and you'll get viruses.
The best website to go to for me is animefrost, its safe, easy to use, and keeps up to date.
Keep in mind, these are websites.

Good comedy would be my teenage romantic comedy SNAFU, the daily lives of highschool boys, or nichijou.
Jun 23, 2017 11:00 PM

Aug 2016
Crunchyroll is by far the best anime streaming platform available right now, though they're not without their faults.

I remember many days back in the Winter 2017 season when certain evenings (particularly Saturdays) streams would either be cripplingly slow or not function at all. Fortunately, I haven't really experienced as much as a single stream failure since then, but know that any popular streaming service will have their periods of overloading.

Comedy anime is fairly subjective, but I can second the above recommendations of Nichijou, a current all-time favorite of mine. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! is also great, but a bit niche I would say.
Jun 24, 2017 6:00 AM

May 2012
If you have a PS3 or PS4, I recommend installing the Crunchyroll app on it and watching the service there. I suspect they have a different set of servers on the Playstation Network; I don't find the load problem as significant when watching on my PS3.

I dropped my Funimation subscription when the deal with Crunchy was made. For a while Funi licensed some shows not on CR and vice versa. Now they've basically agreed that the same shows will appear in both places either with subtitles or dubbing. Since I never watch dubs, I dropped Funimation.

Netflix has a few exclusive shows like Little Witch Academia. Annoyingly they refuse to release the episodes as they are aired believing, wrongly, that anime fans like to binge watch shows. That might be true for some American television series, but anime fans are used to discussing each week's episodes in forums like here, ANN or AnimeSuki. Netflix's policy has led people like me, who have a Netflix subscription, to resort to torrents and fansubs to watch a show I've already paid for.

Amazon's new "Anime Strike" service (who comes up with these names?) imposes a "double paywall" to watch its shows. Strike is only available to Amazon Prime subscribers, and then for an additional $5/month. If you're not a Prime member, that extra $99 upfront will be a big obstacle unless you buy a lot of stuff at Amazon and can take advantage of the free two-day shipping that comes with a Prime membership.

So in the end, I'm now subscribed only to Crunchyroll for anime and fill in the gaps here and there with fansubs.

Another vote for "Konosuba," Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku. It's quite funny throughout.
SeijiSenseiJun 24, 2017 6:05 AM

More topics from this board

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
58 minutes ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

4 by ToG25thBaam »»
1 hour ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

69 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - 3 hours ago

0 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
3 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.