Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 21, 2017 9:03 PM

Jul 2014
It was entertaining and with a very satisfying ending. Now I want more Tsukuyo :')
Jun 21, 2017 9:07 PM
Jan 2017
Overall, this was a so-so episode. It turns out Amou only acted like a raging bitch because she wanted Nomura's attention (no kidding) and the only way these two can understand each other is if they beat each other up to a bloody pulp. After that, Nomura is pretty quick to forgive her and Amou goes for the big kiss. Amou leaves the school, her love for Nomura still unhealthy and destructive, and it looks like she didn't learn anything from the whole experience. At least, Nomura has the opportunity to escape from her influence and have a more stable life with the Five Swords. Could someone give an antacid?
Jun 21, 2017 9:12 PM

Feb 2012
Sakori said:
Who the heck voiced the headmistress? Sounds like Mamiko but I'm not nearly good enough to be able to tell for sure.

Yukino was voiced by Mamiko Noto, you got it right.
Jun 21, 2017 9:23 PM

Feb 2012
This scene, LOL

And who's the girl talking to the headmistress on the phone?
Jun 21, 2017 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
It was entertaining for what it was. As a manga reader, I definitely think they genericized it a bit, mostly for the sake of boosting manga sales. Unfortunately you could kind of tell that this was all the show was designed for. They even gave it a solid ending since they most likely wont plan on continuing it even though the manga is ongoing.

As a school battle harem with a "fight of the week" and an MC who doesn't give a fuck, it was alright. Big enough departure from the norm to keep it entertaining.

Unfortunately that formula also means that character development was essentially placed on the back burner. Would've liked to see more Tamaba since she was one of the more complex characters. Hell, would've loved to see way more Tsukuyo because she was just adorable as fuck once she finally got real chunks of screen time. Warabi was cool too; kind of in the harem, but not in the harem, but fills the role of the awesome partner who helps on the side pretty well. She could've used a bit more time too.

Seems like some people were a little disappointed with Amou, but I mean I thought they made it pretty clear what kind of character she was from the get-go, and that's just from the anime. Obviously she was in love with him and had some yandere tendencies.

Overall it was alright, but I'm definitely looking forward to diving back into the manga.

draco6 said:
those ending really break my heart, and where is hanasaka warabi?

She was shown at the end there at the gate with everybody.
Jun 21, 2017 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
Tokoya said:
I didn't expect this to have a very satisfying ending so seeing that we got one was really nice and because of it, I can live with never getting a second season

One thing I will say about this series is that I really like how it managed to make almost all of the girls pretty likable by the end and that's something that rarely happens for me especially if I hated most of them initially

Yea it makes it feel even more satisfying since they introduce every girl as a mega bitch in the beginning, and then you're just like "oh, ok they're not like that at all".
Jun 21, 2017 9:46 PM
Dec 2016
After following this anime, I saw everything I needed, this ending almost made me cry and I hope one day we could see Amou and Nomura again.
Jun 21, 2017 10:11 PM

May 2013
Having skimmed over the raws of this series (though I can't read them), I'm a tad interested in a Season 2 for the so-called Hokkai Academy Arc.

Still, as for this anime, I was dissatisfied with the stock humor. Furthermore, the 3rd-party explanations for executed techniques cuts off the gravity of the fight in an anime format, as if slowing the fight down. It also loved to use still images framed with those zanny action lines.

The anime was also predictable, which detracted from the emotional appeal of the stakes in a fight. It was obvious that Nomura had to defeat the 5 Swords somehow for their stamps, and the manner of how wasn't interesting. That being said, I guess it wasn't that type of anime.

I honestly don't know what to get out of this anime other than appreciation for these swordswomen.

The school aspect made a bit sense. It was made to correct delinquent behavior, and Nomura retaliates. He fights just for his own freedom and a thrill. But he ironically goes back to delinquent tendencies of retaliation despite maintaining his code of "freedom and quiet".

Masukodera does point out that Nomura loves freedom and quiet a lot, but does Nomura want to bestow it to the other guys? The anime doesn't seem to indicate that Nomura is fighting on behalf of the other guys "correction". Instead, we have a protagonist who rather fight for freedom rather than run from an oppressive school for his own freedom on the basis that the latter would be boring.

I'm not sure if I missed anything, but I don't think there was of any indication that Nomura was partly fighting for the freedom of the other guys.

Still, I'm wondering now if the school will allow the other male students to quit the girly shenanigans (if they're able to) and are allowed to rise up their ranks, because Nomura has demonstrated a side of a man that would be appealing to the female students. I would like to see those changes there on some Season 2.

If the manga gets localized, I'd probably start buying the Volumes from where the anime left off if the Hokkai Arc is anything good. What do you say, manga readers? Do you think the manga is more enjoyable than the anime?

I can't say that I enjoyed the anime nor hated it, but from this wall of text, I apparently had a lot to say about the anime.

tl;dr
5.5/10 anime for me. Mediocre and a bit janky, but bearable enough for me to continue watching it and looking forward to it every Tuesday.
Edit: Warabi Hanasaka is best girl, but Amou is pushing it. I wish that Hanasaka had more screentime and that she makes some significant appearances (as well as Amou), even if sparingly, in the next arc or subsequent arcs.

Jun 21, 2017 10:42 PM

Jan 2013
Wrapped everything up surprisingly, don't know what would even happen in a second season. There was no conflict foreshadowed.
Nice finale, the fight was a bit rushed and less spectacular than it could have been.
Jun 21, 2017 10:50 PM

Dec 2013
Ok/passable ending episode. The bit with the headmaster and that weird looking student looked like a setup for a second season, or another way to garner intrigue for the source material, but I can't say I care much for either.

The show as a whole was very hit or miss with the "hits" being pretty enjoyable, and the "misses" being anywhere from from "meh" to absolutely dreadful. Unfortunately, I feel that the shows biggest (and only) strength, which is its characters, is also its biggest weakness. Despite them all being pretty one note in terms of characterization, I did still enjoy some of them.

Admittedly I have a negative bias against this genre unless the animation team change up the typical formula that you usually come to expect with this particular genre, but I will say that this show exceeded my initial expectations.

With that said, I felt the show was average overall.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 21, 2017 10:58 PM

Jan 2015
It's always awesome to see a fight under the rain.
Even after all that fight, Nomura's act as a gentleman by visiting every girls that still in the infirmary and say goodbye. Even after all that, thankfully Headmistress is just joking about getting Nomura expelled.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 22, 2017 12:05 AM
Jun 2017
Verzweif said:
This scene, LOL

Manga hasnt tell much about her. Just that she much stronger than Amou. And she the one forced Amou transfer to certain school under her name which show in the anime.
Nomura also supposes to transfer school. For upcoming arc2.
But anime changed it and make Nomura stay.
Jun 22, 2017 12:25 AM

Sep 2013
Well colour me impressed, I was expecting some nonsense and plenty of unnecessary cliffhangers, but that was actual a good, solid ending.
Jun 22, 2017 12:26 AM
Aug 2016
Finally this retarded trash ended. It was stupid and cringy af but also somewhat enjoyable for some reason.
4/10 doesn't seem to generous.
Jun 22, 2017 1:16 AM

Sep 2015
Remind me of Sasuka going to say good bye to Naruto
Good thing not another Naru Sasu drama

Original end? oh fine
Into the Internet!
Jun 22, 2017 2:06 AM

Aug 2013
I'll say the first half was very lack luster, but it got slightly okay at like ep 9? I forgot
okay series I guess, good ending tho
Jun 22, 2017 2:28 AM

Apr 2011
Nice finale. Amou kissing Nomura wasn't expected. I was expecting he would really get expelled. It was a good last episode. It wrapped everything nicely. It was a fun and entertaining series with cute girls. Inaba, Satori, and Warabi are my faves.

There're 33 chapters out of the manga but up to 22 chapters are translated. I'm curious what the next arc in the manga will be.
Jun 22, 2017 2:30 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty nice ending and overall the adaptation was good enough, obv could've been better, but nothing you can do. A little dissapointed about the last fight, expected stuff, but felt that it was too easy.
Even if Tsukuyo didn't get much screentime overall i liked her interactions in the last episode. And all the farewell scenes. Onigawara looked really cute in normal cloth =/
So there is more story after all that and if i got it right that was Satori's sister talking to headmaster, mb one day the manga will be translated. Enjoyed the series, 7/10
Jun 22, 2017 3:04 AM
Sep 2016
Great ending. Sad that Amou had to leave but at least they kissed in the end. The show started weak for me but redeemed itself throughout the last few episodes. 8/10

aparebiiJun 22, 2017 3:10 AM
Jun 22, 2017 3:14 AM

Feb 2014
This show was one of a kind. Gonna miss the 5 swords and Amou!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 22, 2017 3:17 AM

Dec 2015
Was okay. 7/10. Nice action and most of the girls were okay. (5th and 1st one were best. Then the green-haired. Then Amou. And the 2 blond-haired are last in my ranking.)

Less good than other girls + fighting anime. (Which either are better with story/plot - like Strike the Blood - or better with Ecchi like female-only cast + clothes getting destroyed in Queen's Blade.)

I don't think I'd watch more (if there were more seasons in the future). But depends on how the story continues. New girl at the phone seemed interesting. I'd had preferred if there were fights between schools and Amou + other girls + MC allying. Seems it will stay in the school and MC vs girls and later that girl we saw on the phone with the headmistress.

Felt like that girl hat the most power (even controlling the headmistress). Maybe her joke wasn't even a real joke at first (and she really can't decide by herself but then tried to explain to that other girl who holds the real power).
Jun 22, 2017 3:22 AM
Jan 2017
Kit_Le said:

Manga hasnt tell much about her. Just that she much stronger than Amou. And she the one forced Amou transfer to certain school under her name which show in the anime.

Is that the reason Amou leaves?

If Nomura stays in the Amine while he was supposed to transfer in themanga, does that mean there is not going to be a season 2 even if the manga proceeds?
Jun 22, 2017 3:29 AM

Jan 2017
WHY DID AMOU LEAVE THE ACADEMY?
SHE IS THE BEST GIRL!
AMOU X FUDOU FTW!

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jun 22, 2017 3:58 AM
Apr 2015
swirlydragon said:
SHE IS THE BEST GIRL!
AMOU X FUDOU FTW!
Damn right . I dont need harem . Just choose amou . She the best girl >.<
Jun 22, 2017 4:35 AM
Dec 2012
davremedy said:
swirlydragon said:
SHE IS THE BEST GIRL!
AMOU X FUDOU FTW!
Damn right . I dont need harem . Just choose amou . She the best girl >.<
I agree with the both of you.
Jun 22, 2017 4:39 AM
May 2016
I already knew from the beginning that Amou is the best girl. Now i need more scene of her.
Jun 22, 2017 6:01 AM

Oct 2016
whyyy, just why that yandere girl go away.

Amou should ended up with Nomura
xd
Jun 22, 2017 6:01 AM

Mar 2014
Kit_Le said:
Verzweif said:

She is Tsukuyo's older sister, Koharu. She is the main antagonist of the preceding works, and is one of the strongest swordmasters in that universe.

Well, I'm not sure if someone said before in MAL though, there are two mangas beofore Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism. It is in the same universe and there are some same characters in the three mangas.

In the preceding works, top 10 swordmasters in the country, "the number holders" fight against each other. And 2 years or some later, the three of "the number holders",

"No.2" Koharu
"No.3" Tsukuyo
"No.7" Yukino (the headmistress)

(plus Eva, Tsukuyo's maid) appear in Busou Shoujo.

(If you read the preceding mangas, you will understand why Tsukuyo wants to make friends in Busou Shoujo).
dmrchJun 22, 2017 8:17 AM
Jun 22, 2017 6:08 AM

Jun 2014
Eh the fight kind of felt rushed in the end, but everything wrapped up nicely and Nomura even got a kiss from Amou.

This show was kind of a mess for me, personally. It was basically just annoying bitches fighting Nomura week after week after week, a lot of times for seemingly no apparent reason. And sorry if I missed something, but what was the point of Amou's murderous rampage? Was there ever a specific reason for that? If not, then it seems like it was just thrown in there to make this series more edgy (I hate using buzzwords but that's the best way to describe it). At least the ending was somewhat decent, but the same can't be said for the whole show itself. 4/10.
thebrentinator24Jun 22, 2017 6:53 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 22, 2017 7:25 AM

Sep 2013
Saving the budget for the last ep XD
The fight was nice and amou going easy on nomura and taking a kiss as she goes :)
Nomura stays and becomes miko's student 8/10
Jun 22, 2017 7:38 AM

Aug 2014
loved it <3 sad that amou left but other than that it was very enjoyable to watch , 8-9/10
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 22, 2017 7:54 AM

Mar 2014
eh . . . is that the last episode ?
are they sure ?

No Justice for our beloved Butterfly !!
Sorry for the Butterfly died in vain
Jun 22, 2017 7:57 AM

May 2015
That was very bad ngl. 3/10. Did they go past the manga?
Who did it better?

That Nomura scream was cheesy af too lol.

Jun 22, 2017 8:14 AM

Dec 2014
okay I kinda liked the ending...left me with a satisfying feeling
Jun 22, 2017 8:24 AM

Jun 2012
It ended up satisfyingly. And there's no more static animation of fighting for the last time, well done. 10/10 for this episode.

Overall, I already knew the story was good but the animation was shit. 5/5

Jun 22, 2017 9:04 AM

Dec 2013
Yeah, the end was alright, but not spectacular. I guess that's what happens when you go for an anime only ending.

HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 22, 2017 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
I really like Amou in the beginning just because of her character design. Long Black Hair, Black Socks that go all the way up, the Boots with heels, and just her look was pretty awesome. Then this arc happened and I fell in love with her even more. Amou, Rin, and Tamaba are the best girls easily. But man did Amou make a strong push for that number one spot with this episode. She was super cute in that dress at the end, and she even got that kiss!

Headmistress was pretty funny lol.

Frigging Kikokujou ruined a great moment at the end though. Why do two people need to watch over Nomura? Just let it be Rin and end it!

A good ending to an Average anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 22, 2017 9:15 AM

Feb 2015
What a cute ending. I wasn't quite sure how this anime would end up in the end, with the latter half of the season feeling a bit rushed, but I'm glad it finished the way it did.

The series itself wasn't amazing, but it definitely put a smile on my face at the end of the day, and for that, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Definitely one of the better anime to come out this spring season; I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would coming in.
9/10
Jun 22, 2017 9:40 AM

Nov 2016
That was a good final.

This was nothing groundbreaking, but overall a solid show with badass MC, definitely something to have fun with.

6/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 22, 2017 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
Just the final I expected.

That 'Bang' tho
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2017 11:02 AM

Mar 2016
Great end for this anime! The fight was awesome! The confession of love at the airport by Amou was good and the ending scene was a perfect way to end it all
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 22, 2017 11:46 AM

Mar 2013
The fight was alright. Seems Amou deliberate chose to lose to MC she loves. And that kiss! Yes!! I like how she declared that MC only belongs to her XD

But that ending.. would've preferred if he was transferred too.
Jun 22, 2017 11:47 AM

Apr 2017
Does the manga go further than the anime?

Discord come hang out :D

Jun 22, 2017 1:33 PM

Mar 2017
Ok now, I got pretty excited in this anime at first but starting from episode 10 everything felt so rushed and it's such a huge turn off for me. I was thinking about go to the manga after watch this episode but I guess I'll go from the beginning.

At the beginning of the series I was like "wow this could be good" then at the end I was like "uh......why do I even watch this anime?". It ruined all the curiosity I got from what type of a character Tsukuyo and Amou is, not enough character development for those two despite being probably the most interesting character traits in the series. I'm really disappointed at how this anime could've gone better.

Overall, it was still enjoyable for me, 7/10.
BlueIsLoveJun 22, 2017 1:38 PM
Jun 22, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2015
Made me laugh, like all the girls. Sadly, nothing all that special.
6/10
Amou = Satori = Inaba > Rin > Hanasaka > Mary
Jun 22, 2017 2:28 PM

Dec 2016
dmrch said:
Kit_Le said:

She is Tsukuyo's older sister, Koharu. She is the main antagonist of the preceding works, and is one of the strongest swordmasters in that universe.

Well, I'm not sure if someone said before in MAL though, there are two mangas beofore Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism. It is in the same universe and there are some same characters in the three mangas.

In the preceding works, top 10 swordmasters in the country, "the number holders" fight against each other. And 2 years or some later, the three of "the number holders",

"No.2" Koharu
"No.3" Tsukuyo
"No.7" Yukino (the headmistress)

(plus Eva, Tsukuyo's maid) appear in Busou Shoujo.

(If you read the preceding mangas, you will understand why Tsukuyo wants to make friends in Busou Shoujo).

Mind to tell us the names of the 2 manga before this please ?
Jun 22, 2017 2:48 PM

Nov 2009
Nobody's gonna confuse this for any kind of masterpiece (except for some of that kikakujou art, goodness), but it tried to be *fun* when so many other shows put in ill-fitting drama that they can't write anyway. Honestly pretty cheesy, but we're watching cartoons aimed at 15-year olds so w/e, 7/10, would watch more.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Jun 22, 2017 3:36 PM

Feb 2014
That tie pull kiss was hot. 8/10 I will definitely read the manga
Jun 22, 2017 5:41 PM

Aug 2016
Seems all the budget went to that Amou vs. nomura might and it had a ton of still frames. I ejoyed them smacking each other though.

An okay serires. Final episodes were imo the best episodes. It had a good start but it seemed to dip down on the middle because of the formula. I wouldn't mind an s2 since the manga is still publishing.

6/10

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 22, 2017 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
HereticHunter said:
Amou could have been a better character if she were an interesting Rival instead of a Jealous Yandere bitch. It could have been better if it was Onigawara the one that got that kiss Imo, she deserved it more (fuck that blonde girl, she ruined the moment when Nomura encountered Onigawara)

overall a disappointment

This. Hardly worth typing in on gelbooru, honestly. Typical harem esque show. Whatever decent action to be had was broken and muddled through constant cutouts, flashbacks, and exposition. The only character that didn't seem to fall for the whole "I think suddenly like this guy" was the one with the bear and stupid ass laugh, even one else was either broken and fixed by him or dickmatized. It was fun 10 years ago. But with every show having this format, good or bad you have to really overcompensate else where in order to be memorable. Something this show didn't even try.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

176 by ishudamor124 »»
Feb 21, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

102 by Talamare »»
Jan 2, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2017

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 27, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2017

95 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 27, 2023 5:24 AM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

51 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 27, 2023 4:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.