Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2017 7:19 AM

Jan 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just saw the movie. Yes, a digital version is available, look for it yourself. Anyway, the movie:

Final thoughts: I still think Damnation is the best. This one is not bad, it's well done and much better coming after RE6, but the uninspired villain, taking the spotlight from Rebecca, Leon overshadows Chris at some point after the other, and some unresolved plotlines make this the second best of the CGI RE movies.

7/10
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 20, 2017 7:23 AM

Apr 2009
I thought the movie was absolutely awesome, the best CG Resident Evil movie to date, also the best Resident Evil movie period.
Great action, cool beloved characters done right, engaging story, what more can a fan dream about?

SHINOBI-03
KlimatJun 20, 2017 7:39 AM
Jun 20, 2017 12:22 PM
Jan 2017
Also I'm pretty sure the A stood for
much like the stylised A on the
Jun 20, 2017 12:31 PM

Jul 2016
Compared to the latest RE movie (lol...), it was amazing. However, I gave this a 7/10 because it wasn't exceptional.

What happened to that "traitor's" family anyway? "Please save me family", *gets a phone call from them*, and never hear from them ever again.

I suppose that's for the sequel, if there is ever one :P

Jun 20, 2017 5:53 PM

Oct 2014
it's nothing special. degeneration was better 6/10
also apparently Leon has infinite magazine not realistic at all I know this is a zombie movie but it was stupid anyway.
Jun 24, 2017 12:20 PM
Jul 2007
This movie's only good if you know the characters and their previous relationships/backstories. I enjoyed it because I liked seeing these characters interact with each other. Otherwise, it would fall flat.
Jun 27, 2017 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Chris Redfield DDTed zombie on concrete floor. 5/5
Jun 29, 2017 11:01 AM

Feb 2010
Gonna admit that I fucking loved those 'John Wick meets superheroes'-action scenes.

Ridiculous, stupid fun, which I prob wouldn't have liked much if these characters weren't still so near and dear to me. Rebecca is best girl.
Jul 3, 2017 6:28 AM

Dec 2015
This is the 1st Biohazard movie that actually gave me the creeps and even scared me a bit at the creepy mansion in the beginning, I honestly hoped there would be more moments like that but alas there weren't any.

The movie generally had some great action, especially in the last third, in my opinion if they added a bit of music it would've been much more impactful and fun to watch.

CG was good most of the times, but there were moments where it was noticeably bad compared to the rest of the movie. Especially when it came to face emotions, the lip sync was off half of the time and in general their emotions felt awkward and sometimes even cringy. I think it could've been done better. 6/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 3, 2017 8:43 AM
Oct 2016
The movies was gorgeous in terms of quality and animation, but honestly the plot was kinda meh. Damnation is the best out of 3 movies so far!
Jul 5, 2017 10:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
NeonCountess said:
The movies was gorgeous in terms of quality and animation, but honestly the plot was kinda meh. Damnation is the best out of 3 movies so far!

Exactly how I feel about the movie. The animations were outstanding. The fire fights reminded me of the John Wick movies and I kind of want to see an animated one now, haha.

The plot, however, is as generic as it gets. They just replaced Wesker and spent 5 minutes coming up with a boring revenge storyline we've seen a hundred times before.

Wasted animation potential. 5/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 6, 2017 2:40 PM

Feb 2014
I have to say Arias was weak villain. I like how he was broken by his past trying to replace his dead wife with Rebecca. But why did he want to destroy to world that was left unclear to me.

And why Rebecca's blood was special because she used vaccine on herself ? Would't Arias have found out that vaccine makes A-virus stronger when it was in development.

A-virus is't that usefull or dangerous when compered to C-virus both can be transmitted by air. There is way to control victims of both viruses. C-virus allowed its victims to use weapons and it looked like A-virus didn't.

Have to call bs on the cqc between Chris and Arias. Chris punches boulders what does Arias do ? He had speed ? Chris has fought Wesker who was stronger and faster than Arias.

7/10
MroujeeeJul 6, 2017 2:45 PM
Jul 6, 2017 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
The whole movie felt like fanservice, the fight scenes were badass tho.

7/10
Jul 6, 2017 3:12 PM
Oct 2016
cyruz said:
NeonCountess said:

Exactly how I feel about the movie. The animations were outstanding. The fire fights reminded me of the John Wick movies and I kind of want to see an animated one now, haha.

The plot, however, is as generic as it gets. They just replaced Wesker and spent 5 minutes coming up with a boring revenge storyline we've seen a hundred times before.

Wasted animation potential. 5/10

I still cannot understand why did they made Leon go full Chris mode when he first appeared (not including that foreshadowing in the beginning). I replayed RE 2, 4 and 6 and it seems so out of his character.

And I think Arius is more like Carla rather than Wesker :) but I get ya. Easily forgettable character with a storyline we already had in RE franchise.
Jul 7, 2017 9:09 AM
Oct 2007
Quite surprise at all the negative comments everywhere. The action and especially the gun fights are super duper cool. CG animation quality were top notch. Enjoyed the 1 hour and 37mins, sat through the credit screen too.

I don't rate the story or plot when I watch an action movie, just like when I watch John Wick, Jackie Chan or Jet Li shows.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2017 4:43 PM

Jul 2011
Best(ish) resident evil CG movie, battles were awesome but was lack of that "desperation", Rebecca's 1st show in the movie. Leon, I lost little respect for him in the start, damn drunk on "holiday ;)", but I respected him during fights, still got the edge.

Arius was quite cool and insane as villain should be ;) transformation was quite generic, next time maybe something unique look ;)

Evil still lurking somewhere... (before credits)
GaichiJul 8, 2017 4:49 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 8, 2017 11:53 PM

Mar 2013
Like the other 2 CG movie this is average at best. The villain was kinda lacking compare to other villain. I could only imagine Wesker putting this guy down in a sec. The best thing overall in this movie is Rebecca. I'm glad Capcom finally show her and what she is up to lately. I still wonder where the heck is Jill during this and RE6 event. The action was pretty good, I kinda laugh when Chris body slam and DDT the zombie, that bring memory of Chris punching boulder. If they make another movie I wish we see Jill or Claire again.
Jul 10, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2011
I liked the little touches like the gun leon is holding is S.T.A.R.S handgun but the movie reminded me of tokyo necro.
Jul 15, 2017 9:14 AM

Nov 2009
I thought it's impossible to encounter characters dumber than characters in Alien: Covenant. I was wrong. Dumb characters and cheesy cliches made Vendetta the worst entry among RE CG films. Shame, I quite liked Damnation.

Jul 17, 2017 7:04 PM

Jun 2014
story was lame.
not enough Chris..nerf his power, his role is useless ,he do nothing, nothing less like side characters.
is this how you treating your iconic character Capcom?
andddd just leeet our most beloved emo Leon fucking kennedy Shine there in whole movie.
Jul 20, 2017 11:07 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a nice film, under the 20 minutes, in this fight on the roof was intense and cool...the worst the animation style, with characters witiout life, very rigid!!!!

6/10
Jul 21, 2017 4:41 AM

Oct 2015
The Cgi on this movie was awesome but does not kill Kingslaive now those were so realistic. But that was not bad especially Leon who kicked Arias's ass unlike Chris.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 28, 2017 3:48 PM

May 2015
I always liked the resident evil CG moves but this is the first one that I had to seriously suspend my disbelief... first this is not the first incident in this universe so even a civilian should be acquainted with hat a zombie looks like so why in the blue hell military personnel who was sent to investigate a biohazard evet looks at a kid with blood dripping down his mouth, breathing very heavily, has very detailed appearance to what a zombie would look like. And the first thing he do is... ask - "Are you okay?" Lowering his gun at the same time… *Facepalm* If this was the first movie I would understand this but this is what the 4 what in the universe (not counting the games) *Sigh*

Leon caused cars to crash with an explosion (possible killing all the drivers & passengers inside) all for just 2 dogs, not to mention he throws a grenade on a highway after the second dog is immobilized and technically dead... then there's the BSAA chick in the chopper who hits 3 skyscrapers with the rail gun, the last one completely collapsing and maybe... scratch that killing multiple of innocent civilians in the process… WTF!?

Oh and last but not least what happened to saving the rat familly plot...?

To ended in a positive note my favorite scenes was the fighting the mass of zombies in the hallway and the attention to detail in the extended magazine for some of the weapons to justify the rain of bullets in some of the fight scenes.

On a side note:
I would have love to see the reaction of those who have eaten a person and got cured at the end or killed one would do after realizing what they have done unintentionally but nonetheless they did it...
Jul 29, 2017 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
The only watchable part was the action sequences, both gun-slinging and CQC. The plot of 'vendetta' was meh, also I thought Rebecca would kick ass but she became a damsel-in-distress of a bland villain. 7/10
Aug 19, 2017 11:30 PM
Jul 2015
Just finished it today. It was okay. Action scenes were pretty top, story had me laughing my ass off.

That scene in the resort where Chris, Leon, and Rebecca are sitting at a table and talking made me want a RE Reunion movie where ALL of the past and present RE characters team up and fight the zombie apocalypse.

Shoutout to Leon for using a John Wick/Resonance of Fate gun-fu style.

Shoutout to Chris for switching to normal weight lifting and giving up steroids.

Shoutout to Rebecca for wearing a updated version of her old S.T.A.R.S. uniform.

Shoutout to Billy for not being in a RE game or movie for who knows many years.

Shoutout to George Clooney for being the main villain.

And uhh...... shoutout to that brunette chick in the osprey. She was hot I guess.
Sep 16, 2017 8:59 AM

Jul 2014
The only thing that I can think about after watching this movie is... "Leon Wick" for some reason.
Nov 3, 2017 11:28 AM

Jul 2009
The movie was okay. I would say the last two movies are much better. The pacing is kinda all over the place. Constantly switching Leon, Chris and Rebecca rather than one full section for one another.

I thought the main bad guy was cool at first. Kinda like Wesker, but without superpowers. The way he dismantled Chris's weapons is awesome.

However, his motivations were kinda weak. Not to mention the final boss fight with him is very disappointing compared to the last two movies.

I love Leon in this. He had some cool moves like jumping in the air on top of a tower. Didn't like how he became drunk at the beginning though. That was Chris in RE6 lol.

Rebecca is cool, but felt like she was there just so people know what she's up to. Didn't like how her blood became the antidote for the new virus out of nowhere. Also, wish we had seen more of her classic Stars outfit rather than the scientist one. Hope she returns in the main games soon.

Finally Chris, didn't like him. Not to mention they had once again change his voice. I understand Rebecca since she's older in this, but why Chris too?

I do hope they still make more of this in the future, but they need to fix the pacing and add more cool fights next time around.

6-7/10
Feb 3, 2018 1:40 PM

Jan 2009
very good movie, action and story is very entertaining for me, a villain that makes zombies to control or destroy the world because he wants revenge
Jul 22, 2019 8:23 AM
Jan 2017
wow the CGI Is very cool and the fight is intense, leon with his gun and bike, i very enjoy every move its look smooth,
ethe ending Chris got the cure and make the B.O.W turn back into human,, but im suprised they did not deat after become zombie.. and the last 20 minute its feel very long.
this the best biohazard movie series,,
Sep 20, 2021 2:44 AM

Apr 2009
Story is meh but I came for the the zombie kicking action and it didn't disappoint. I didn't know Leon can do Fast and Furious chase acrobatics on a bike, cool! o_O Leon, Chris and Glenn's gun kata on the rooftop was pretty awesome too! ...and they have a railgun? Sweet!

In the end, Maria is still standing so we get another movie? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

7/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 19, 2023 3:26 AM
Oct 2020
This film was good that i want the blu-ray right away.

More topics from this board

» Original japanese dub?

CataOrShane - Jun 16, 2020

0 by CataOrShane »»
Jun 16, 2020 10:06 AM

» Thoughts on What to Expect?

Raging_Berserker - Mar 11, 2017

2 by Raging_Berserker »»
May 26, 2017 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.