Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2017 5:37 PM

Jun 2011
Here come the elitists with their "analysis"
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jun 20, 2017 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
The last episodes were not the highlight of the show. But it's alright. Honestly surprised on how decent this was to watch. It's good the progression went the way it did because the "strong" start to this show helped keep the viewing base around.
Jun 20, 2017 5:56 PM

Apr 2011
Good ending I suppose. It covered volume 5 of the light novel.

And it seems open for a second season which I hope it comes.
Jun 20, 2017 6:13 PM

Jul 2016
Well, an okay last episode. Pretty much like all the rest in this show, actually.

Anyway, Rokudenashi had probably the worst pacing I've ever seen, not just in a series, but in everything.

Also, the introduction of characters was quite odd; characters that were supposed to be important appeared out of nowhere and suddenly the viewer had to like them (like Sera Silvers), also other characters that seemed important were suddenly lost??

And come on, the meaning of Acashic Records was discussed just now????? It was the last episode, and they were briefly explained (not even well), as if they are super useless, and not part of the title.

Overall, I enjoyed the concept and the characters, so I'm easily giving this a 6.
Jun 20, 2017 6:39 PM
Dec 2012
This felt quite underwhelming. This show is average at best imo but hey it had it's moments & I enjoyed them.
Jun 20, 2017 6:45 PM
Nov 2015
Below average. /char limit
Jun 20, 2017 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
welp there it is was partly wrong instead of saving Rumia in the end we had to save Sistine..

what can i say thought the show had some potential at the start but quickly died by following all the tropes it broke in the first episode and just ended up as one of those "average LN adapations ",but that's not to say it was all bad was still enjoyable to watch to a degree those previews were pretty entertaining and it had some likable characters (besides Re=L).

6/10
Jun 20, 2017 8:06 PM

Jul 2016
I love it when a gurl in her wedding dress or any formal dress fights in a battle, then ripped the lower part of it, Sistine such a badass.

Didn't really feel like a finale at all, but well the episode focused more in Glenn's character development. Though still feels rushed at some point, like what happened on the battle on the church. Just hoping for second season.
Jun 20, 2017 8:52 PM
Jan 2017
This finale wasn't as shocking or eventful as I hoped, but it still proved to be a satisfying conclusion. The villains' plot has only been stopped temporarily, but Glenn and his friends still have a long way to go to uncover the mysteries of the world. At the very least, life goes on the same way as before and Glenn can find comfort in the fact he finally found a place where he belongs.
Jun 20, 2017 9:35 PM

Aug 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I will see it tonight when I get back from work. It would have been nice if Leos survived. it seems lazy writing to me. Also the real bad guy appears and dies in the same episode? WTF? I mean it would be nice to have some background on him. But I think they do not expect a S2. And anyway the manga is ongoing so they had to make a fake ending. Do you think it would have been better for the Inuyasha approach? Just pause episodes without a proper end and then continue it several years later? Some hated this so most anime makers take the safe path.

It's a fairly open ending, the possibility of it getting a new season exists depending on the LN sales and popularity I guess. The bad guy isn't exactly dead but he's just defeated as he appears. As for the comparison, isn't this similar? They ended the arc and left a lot of plot elements open just like Inuyasha's first season did. Anyway, you should probably watch it before replying.

Ok, so the end episode was pretty good except for the final fight. For a great strategist Glenn is dumb as heck. Not to mention that many of the things he uses in this episode if used correctly would enable anyone to fight mages. So first off if he can empower regular weapons with magic why not a sword? he could destroy those things and get to the enemy. Second is it a great step from throwing chop sticks to a bow and arrows? Third if you have a gun capable of shattering the creation why not also use it to attack the enemy. If a punch to the face breaks his concentration for a minute a bullet to the leg destroys his concentration permanently and disables his ability to retreat . So instead of shutting all those creations he could shoot just the one between him and the enemy and then shoot his knee cap. The match ends in 30 seconds, the villain is caught, the end. Also is disappointing how the villain knows just one spell. And that although he can create objects he cannot create full plated armor. Why create a giant puppet instead of creating armor, shields, swords? Extremely stupid. And as I said once you introduce fire weapons provided you have sufficient it makes magic weapons useless. But overall it was fun even with the cliche dress tearing.
About the ending being like inuyasha not really. but anyway different stories, different endings. And it does not help Inuyasha is one of my top favorite anime of all time.
Jun 20, 2017 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, what an awful ending. 5/10 series

Side note: That is one of the least attractive wedding outfits ever and that hairstyle is atrocious.
Jun 20, 2017 9:46 PM

Dec 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Lelouch0202 said:

It's a fairly open ending, the possibility of it getting a new season exists depending on the LN sales and popularity I guess. The bad guy isn't exactly dead but he's just defeated as he appears. As for the comparison, isn't this similar? They ended the arc and left a lot of plot elements open just like Inuyasha's first season did. Anyway, you should probably watch it before replying.

Ok, so the end episode was pretty good except for the final fight. For a great strategist Glenn is dumb as heck. Not to mention that many of the things he uses in this episode if used correctly would enable anyone to fight mages. So first off if he can empower regular weapons with magic why not a sword? he could destroy those things and get to the enemy. Second is it a great step from throwing chop sticks to a bow and arrows? Third if you have a gun capable of shattering the creation why not also use it to attack the enemy. If a punch to the face breaks his concentration for a minute a bullet to the leg destroys his concentration permanently and disables his ability to retreat . So instead of shutting all those creations he could shoot just the one between him and the enemy and then shoot his knee cap. The match ends in 30 seconds, the villain is caught, the end. Also is disappointing how the villain knows just one spell. And that although he can create objects he cannot create full plated armor. Why create a giant puppet instead of creating armor, shields, swords? Extremely stupid. And as I said once you introduce fire weapons provided you have sufficient it makes magic weapons useless. But overall it was fun even with the cliche dress tearing.
About the ending being like inuyasha not really. but anyway different stories, different endings. And it does not help Inuyasha is one of my top favorite anime of all time.

To be honest, I don't think it's worth questioning the logic and strategy behind battles in these types of shows since the actual mechanics behind spells are often left vague, Rokudenashi did do a better job at explaining spell mechanics in the earlier parts of the series but they didn't really capitalize too much on it. It's probably just better to take the fights at face value.
Jun 20, 2017 9:51 PM
May 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Wow, what an awful ending. 5/10 series

Side note: That is one of the least attractive wedding outfits ever and that hairstyle is atrocious.

Agreed to all of the above.
Jun 20, 2017 9:54 PM

Jun 2016
Really loved this show, but as it goes on it becomes repetitive. Glenn always saves the day, meanwhile his students or just the 3 (Rumia, Sistine, and Re=L) are always in danger. I watched the whole finale with a poker face. I'm so disappointed, but I give it a 7/10, because I enjoyed the hilarious parts, that's all. :/

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 20, 2017 10:08 PM

Jan 2017
Seemingly uninteresting finale episode, hope for season 2. need more sara scene
Jun 20, 2017 10:10 PM

Aug 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

To be honest, I don't think it's worth questioning the logic and strategy behind battles in these types of shows since the actual mechanics behind spells are often left vague, Rokudenashi did do a better job at explaining spell mechanics in the earlier parts of the series but they didn't really capitalize too much on it. It's probably just better to take the fights at face value.
Why? I mean the way they use magic is as a tool and thus it can be judged. I have no problem with the fights before that since Glenn had no time to prepare and he took advantage of everything around him but this was just dumb. Also the fact that every member of the magic corps has basically just one attack seems dumb. Not to mention the fact that I am assuming they had a sleeping spell or something like that for the junkies. why not use it? And I hated the whole villain gets thrown to the wall and appears crucified thing.

Also the fact that the last episode is the first that mentions the akashic records without saying anything about it seems rushed. It is the title, it should be present in the show, somehow. Maybe just a legend or something.
Jun 20, 2017 10:31 PM
Oct 2012
I started watching this just yesterday, all the way from eps 1 til 12. I'd say an okay series. I'm giving this 7/10. There are some enjoyable moments, funny scenes, and some expectations. But this adaptation failed to brings out every potentials that it has.

Again, an okay series, but to be honest.. it was a bit disappointing in my opinion. Also the reviews and those who compares this series' mc with Tatsuya from Mahouka are... weird. How is the mc in this series OP?
Jun 20, 2017 10:46 PM

Jul 2012
Might be one of the best shows I've watched in a while.

Great art, characters, story, OP, and ED.

Sucks that this was the last episode. Sistine looked really pretty in that dress. I'm guessing the Akashic Records are in that underground labyrinth that Celica was talking about, that's probably also where that crazy woman was when they showed her standing by that stone door or whatever it was. I'm guessing there will be a fight down there over the Akashic Records.

Anyway this might've been AotS, but there were 3 this season that were really close in how much I liked them, so it's hard to say between those 3, but this show was extremely awesome.

Jun 20, 2017 11:26 PM
Feb 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Why? I mean the way they use magic is as a tool and thus it can be judged. I have no problem with the fights before that since Glenn had no time to prepare and he took advantage of everything around him but this was just dumb. Also the fact that every member of the magic corps has basically just one attack seems dumb. Not to mention the fact that I am assuming they had a sleeping spell or something like that for the junkies. why not use it? And I hated the whole villain gets thrown to the wall and appears crucified thing.

Also the fact that the last episode is the first that mentions the akashic records without saying anything about it seems rushed. It is the title, it should be present in the show, somehow. Maybe just a legend or something.

The akashic records have no clearly explainations even in the lastest light novel. Also,people who infected 'Dust of Angles' just became zombines, they are dead so no other ways to stop them except killing them.
Jun 20, 2017 11:37 PM
Apr 2016
the ending was rushed. That was about it. There's many plotholes but Im guessing thats for season 2
Jun 20, 2017 11:42 PM
Jun 2017
I think they rushed to the ending.
Jun 20, 2017 11:54 PM
Sep 2011
Lol what a shit show full of typical cliche

Shit protagonist shit heroine lol
Jun 21, 2017 12:11 AM

Aug 2013
so it's finally end..
ok I guess, the start was so good, but it end up rush all the way

well, 2nd season won't hurt
Jun 21, 2017 12:14 AM

Jun 2014
Meh. Pretty mediocre.

But feels a little bit better than Attack on Titan S2. 7/10.
Jun 21, 2017 1:02 AM

Jul 2015
So this is the end, huh. The series was pretty good for the most part, but idk man, that ending was just a bit of a turn-off.. Glenn's 'hiatus' or rly seemed kinda stupid.. it felt pretty rushed, and that final battle tho.. wow.. Glenn was clearly no match for Jatice, but when you add in Sistine, all of a sudden they're OP, even though Glenn's like 100x stronger than her... k. Open ending, but then again, I guess it was okay since the story isn't finished. Would've liked to see a bit more Rumia in here as well. Nothing in particular was special about this anime, but nonetheless, these magic/academy/romance (if you could even call it that) anime are my guilty pleasure so despite the flaws, it was still enjoyable.

Overall, I'll give this a 7/10 (and that's being generous). I'd like to read the light novel, but I'm sad bc apparently there's 8 volumes out, and only volume 1+2 are translated atm... and volume 2 covers like barely half of the anime.. and not only that, but the release dates of each scanned chapter isn't consistent (every few months or so) sooooo WELPPPP.

caught in the wonder
Jun 21, 2017 1:09 AM

Aug 2012
IllyaNxS said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

The akashic records have no clearly explainations even in the lastest light novel. Also,people who infected 'Dust of Angles' just became zombines, they are dead so no other ways to stop them except killing them.
the fact they can still move means they are alive and they can be restored more or less (maybe with a mind of a child but still) but of course no one ever bothers to heal the infected. The way angel dust works is similar to a number of real drugs like heroin. Now imagine we would just kill heroin addicts... would you consider it ok?
Jun 21, 2017 1:20 AM
Sep 2016
i enjoyed the first five episodes and then it started to going south with the pace and the cliches
6.9/10
Jun 21, 2017 1:36 AM

Mar 2008
08/12
I hope it comes to the 2nd season, but please with more romance
Jun 21, 2017 1:55 AM
Feb 2010
nightcrawlercyp said:

Are the Akashic Records in this anime even supposed to refer to something different from just the Akashic Records? I thought it was just the name of the show, since the show is more or less just tracing back through Glen's life.

I just watched through the anime. I didn't particularly analyze it or watch critically, but from what I can tell, there didn't seem to be any implication that Akashic Records in the show is in anyway different from Akashic Records IRL. Simply seemed like the bad guy is looking for knowledge/power that may or may not even exist. The anime seems to suggest that it does exist, but I don't see a reason it would need a definition or explanation beyond what it is outside of the anime.
Jun 21, 2017 2:01 AM

Mar 2013
Eh predictable and cliched finale.
And screw SisShit for ruining Glenn's fight ~_~

Started good but it got repetitive and predictable over the course. And to see the final arc and finale was such bummed out, I couldn't even like it anymore.

6-7/10
Jun 21, 2017 2:07 AM
Sep 2016
Overall it was good, although the ending was unsatisfying and so rushed. 6/10

Looking forward for a second season.
Jun 21, 2017 2:32 AM
Aug 2014
ss4chris said:
DevilJhoe said:
i read a light novel synopsis. Do you want to know? It might contain a big spolier for a season 2 and i feel a bit regret

Ya sure that be nice. i dont mind being spoiled i end up watching enjoying it the same.

try this link https://www.google.co.id/amp/www.inquisitr.com/4298420/akashic-records-season-2-to-rokudenashi-majutsu-koushi-light-novel-of-bastard-magic-instructor-anime-manga-spoilers/amp/
Jun 21, 2017 2:43 AM
Mar 2016
at the first time i had a hope for this anime
i really wanted anime "magic academy" with epic story
but in the fact that really broke my expectation
school uniform with "Unmagical" concept
story isnt focus for magic
well
5/10 for average fan service anime but 1/10 for magic academy anime
Jun 21, 2017 3:03 AM

Jun 2013
The ending was pretty lackluster, it felt kinda rushed.
The anime itself is promising, but i wouldnt be surprised if it didnt get a second season
Jun 21, 2017 3:27 AM

Aug 2012
hypersonixz said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Are the Akashic Records in this anime even supposed to refer to something different from just the Akashic Records? I thought it was just the name of the show, since the show is more or less just tracing back through Glen's life.

I just watched through the anime. I didn't particularly analyze it or watch critically, but from what I can tell, there didn't seem to be any implication that Akashic Records in the show is in anyway different from Akashic Records IRL. Simply seemed like the bad guy is looking for knowledge/power that may or may not even exist. The anime seems to suggest that it does exist, but I don't see a reason it would need a definition or explanation beyond what it is outside of the anime.
The final scene is one of the "bad guys" saying they finally found the path to retrieve the akashic records. So yes there are a real thing. Basically the akashic records are supposed to be if we go by standard mythology records of everything that happened on the planet from the beginning until now, or according to some until the end of its existence since the akashic records apparently seem to exist in a different dimension. Their power lies in knowing exactly what everyone will do and what will happen in the future and thus be able to control it.
Jun 21, 2017 4:50 AM
Feb 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
IllyaNxS said:

the fact they can still move means they are alive and they can be restored more or less (maybe with a mind of a child but still) but of course no one ever bothers to heal the infected. The way angel dust works is similar to a number of real drugs like heroin. Now imagine we would just kill heroin addicts... would you consider it ok?

It is much more dangerous than drugs cuz when you infected the dust once,u just died,when doses are small,they just act like the normal perople,but they have been dead ,and can be easily controled by Jatice.
Jun 21, 2017 4:55 AM
Jun 2017
here comes the RIOT train demanding 2nd season... while the LN itself still hasnt reach end of 2nd volume :|

well.. for the akashic records, u might want >> Mirai Nikki << for a reference.
TL;DW (Too Long; Don't Watch) = its kind of record(literally), which content everything from the beginning
Jun 21, 2017 5:37 AM
Jun 2017
anyway, where did the Episode12 left off from the LN? Volume 2 prologue?
Jun 21, 2017 6:55 AM
Aug 2016
A lot of people says the anime cover 5 volumes
if that the sense they made the anime just to advertise the light novel
unlike other anime from light novel adopt the story really well

I did not read the light novel but if the light novel has more story than fan service its a shame though the anime series did not do that well
Re=L has the most concrete storyline deliver
the akashic record did not explain very well though I think they meant it that way so that you buy and read the light novel

if there a chance for 2nd season I will still watch it
the anime is good but not that memorable
overall I rate the anime 7/10 despite negative comment about it
I really enjoyed those funny moment in the anime
Jun 21, 2017 7:16 AM

Jun 2016
looks like i'm one of the few who liked the ending, and it isn't like there isn't going to be a second season, i think the chances are a lot because of the maid at the end and there are also a lot of things that were not explained yet.
talking about the episode.. omg sistine looked beautiful in her wedding dress ;-; and the fight was great.
i'll give the anime a 8/10 overall
Jun 21, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
The season was interesting and there is still a lot to say. The most obvious thing of all, is that dragging the story was just Glenn's character. They could make better use of what was there, but it did not go anyway, but I can not complain about how it ended this season, and I hope there is also a second season. My vote is 7/10.
Jun 21, 2017 9:06 AM

Nov 2009
HelpMeFindAnime said:
Eeeeeeeeh, dont know how i feel about this. The seeing Shironeko as Sera is.... heh? Like, i dont like it when someone likes somebody because they remember them of a past love or that kind of deal. Kind of a underwhelming ending.
That's like the main reason why I'd rather see Glenn with anyone but Sistine as endgame.

jamsven said:
This anime has much potential from episode 2-6, i give 9 but down to 8 until episode 10 and down to 7 in the last 2 episodes.
Pretty much my dynamic as well. The last arc was so underwhelming that I'm tempted to slap it 6 as the final score and haven't done it only because the beginning was really good and I still remember it.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 21, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2013
Good final episode!

Overall, this had an amazing first half, but the story started to become extremely generic after the sports festival Arc and the anime stopped being unique, it was however still very enjoyable at the very least.

Was considering giving this a 7 due to the weak second half, but the first half was too entertaining so
8/10
Jun 21, 2017 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
DevilJhoe said:
ss4chris said:

Ya sure that be nice. i dont mind being spoiled i end up watching enjoying it the same.

try this link https://www.google.co.id/amp/www.inquisitr.com/4298420/akashic-records-season-2-to-rokudenashi-majutsu-koushi-light-novel-of-bastard-magic-instructor-anime-manga-spoilers/amp/

ty that was well worth a read
Jun 21, 2017 10:18 AM

Aug 2008
While the series itself was pretty much "standard mediocre" but not offensively bad, the last episode was just atrocious. Half assing all the blandest and worst cliches topped with awfully pretentious cross symbolism was too much to stomach. It could be a rather forgettable guilty pleasure series with memorable fetish school uniforms but last episode will leave some really unpleasant aftertaste.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 21, 2017 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
Funny how the anime started with a poor episode 1, followed by good 2-11, and then ended with a poor episode 12. This ended up becoming one of my favorites for this season and I'm glad to say it kept me entertained for the entire run. I'm interested in the light novel now though, may look around to see if I could pick it up.
Jun 21, 2017 11:53 AM

May 2014
gg...
A weak annoying egoistic enemy. Not weak? Oh sure he is...
It's just that the MC is also very disappointingly weak. Where is his past personality who "killed several powerful magic users"? Yeee, there must be a silly explanation to that as is always in cases like this.

Time to drop another series.
Jun 21, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2014
not much closure in the last episode as I was hoping... ahhh oh well
Jun 21, 2017 1:36 PM
Aug 2014
I felt like things were rushed in this anime, but still beside feeling also generic, I think that show was more enjoyable than many other where I'm starting to feel a little bored seeing the same situations.
It's a little late too but thanks for the ones who answer my question in the first page !
Jun 21, 2017 2:07 PM
Oct 2016
Could be better. It appeared a little desperate, since it was the last attempt to do something good
7/10 for the anime
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

335 by ggultra2764 »»
Mar 20, 8:31 AM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

120 by lazypanda666 »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.