Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Movie: Hoshi wo Yobu Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 21, 2018 12:10 AM

I enjoyed Tatsuya superior military magic. but this movie lacks of combat fight. I want to see more of Tatsuya in magic combat rather than problem solving like this.

Apr 21, 2018 9:54 PM

Was honestly bored for most of the movie...it somewhat picked up towards the end, but even then I still couldn't help but feel a sense of "Why do I care?" about whatever plot was going on....I really loved the tv show and I know it's been 3 years since I watched it but this was definitely quite different from it....in a pretty terrible way...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

May 9, 2018 9:32 AM
I am disappointed... I hope there is more curve, round or anything else with the story line. But, what can I call this... It's like the story line just go straightforward. It is just telling you a story about How Tatsuya kill the "security", save the children, and destroy the satellite + little fanservice.
I spent about 1 hour and 30 minutes, only see how the character fighting and win easily

Score : 6/10

May 26, 2018 6:45 PM

Not a too bad movie, quite liked it actually but it felt more like a regular episode rather than a movie.

Still pretty solid!

Aug 8, 2018 1:04 PM

I hate human experimenting, those guys should be tortured every single day.
Tatsuya's suit was really cool.
They saved those girls, that's good.
Imouto love is unbreakable.
It was a cool movie.

Aug 24, 2018 12:44 PM
Movie was definitely made for ln readers. Wish they make more anime that is more like the ln. It would be interesting to see everyone reactions to the shit that goes down in the ln.8/10 for the movie

Aug 26, 2018 8:10 AM

Pretty boring movie tbh, the art and animation was good though as expected of a Madhouse production. I enjoyed Juumonji fighting the most actually, at least he doesn't seem omnipotent like Onii-sama.

Sep 2, 2018 4:15 PM

Well that was kind of a boring arc.

Sep 16, 2018 6:08 PM

Didn't really quite enjoyed this.. nothing really too bad here but it's just dull.. They literally talk about stuffs we don't care about.. the whole "sequence: complete" thing took up 2 minutes at least, it's boring. It's like a magical girl transformation sequence but without the flashy visuals, hence a lot more boring, and wasting time. It's always been the criticism of this show, there's too much technical mumbo jumbo that people really don't care about.

Way too little focus on Tatsuya if you ask me.. and way too much focus on characters that don't really need development, and boring. Tatsuya is boring too but he's the protagonist and he should be getting his development.

Only part I actually enjoyed was the sword fight between the red haired girl and the STARS swordsman. It was short lived though lol

Oh yea I didn't like Kokoa's part when she first arrived at their summer time holiday mansion, too much pity-fest for me, it just got very annoying. It's like they're saying "now, feel sorry for this girl" I will feel sorry when I want to, not when you tell me to.

They also went up to the official military forces on some girl's request.. There better be some kind of consequences to this else there's no rules and regulations anymore in this country.

Could've been much better if they cut down on the useless stuffs, change the script a little on Kokoa's part and add a little bit more to the action. Also a little more of that Tatsuya x Miyuki connection would be great.

OST is still great.

Hoping for a season 2 and more Tatsuya action.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Sep 16, 2018 8:42 PM

ToG25thBaam said:
They also went up to the official military forces on some girl's request.. There better be some kind of consequences to this else there's no rules and regulations anymore in this country.
The research facility was essentially going rouge and preforming illegal experiments and Tatsuya got backing from his unit with the gear they lent him, so no consequences due to the circumstances given.
My Queens

Sep 16, 2018 9:23 PM

-Mahesvara said:
ToG25thBaam said:
The research facility was essentially going rouge and preforming illegal experiments and Tatsuya got backing from his unit with the gear they lent him, so no consequences due to the circumstances given.
I see, I must've missed that part because I only remember Tatsuya being asked to destroy the "meteorite" and later it was shown him getting the gears, but I don't remember the part where it was mentioned that he got the backing from the higher ups.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Sep 16, 2018 9:35 PM

ToG25thBaam said:
-Mahesvara said:
I see, I must've missed that part because I only remember Tatsuya being asked to destroy the "meteorite" and later it was shown him getting the gears, but I don't remember the part where it was mentioned that he got the backing from the higher ups.
Well the scene where he gets the equipment implies that his unit was backing his decision, they wouldn't have helped him otherwise.
My Queens

Nov 22, 2018 11:07 AM

Is Kokoa clone of Miyuki?
They resemble each other so much like their skin complexion, hair style, face structure and eyes color (basically everything except their height).

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Dec 31, 2018 7:52 AM

Nothing makes sense. New characters without proper introduction. Badass shit happens at the very end of the movie.

Jan 26, 7:18 PM
I love this and i want season 2

May 2, 5:42 PM
Great movie!!

I was confused about Lina in the beginning. I liked the fan service, especially with Honoka. Koako and her clones were very cute.

Overall, 8/10. I am looking forward for season 2

Jun 8, 2:30 PM

Legends says that you can see a nipple at 36:47.
Pervertedness aside, this was a pretty good movie, first half felt a bit boring but the second half was amazing.
Too bad the anime adaptation didn't cover the original source until the point of the movie, since there were a few characters which haven' been introduced in the anime yet lke Lina.
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Jul 9, 8:13 AM
-Mahesvara said:
mizukasa said:
What kind of fanservice does the movie have? Does it have uncensored nipples?
Besides the beach scene at the beginning of the film, there is a good amount of nudity in the sauna scene. You'll see a lot, but they didn't show any nipple. Though it might be different for the DVD/Blu-Ray version, like how it was for the SAO movie and that scene with Asuna.

Reapermask said:
Legends says that you can see a nipple at 36:47.
Pervertedness aside, this was a pretty good movie, first half felt a bit boring but the second half was amazing.
Too bad the anime adaptation didn't cover the original source until the point of the movie, since there were a few characters which haven' been introduced in the anime yet lke Lina.

I'd gracefully like to disagree. There are nipples but you might need a really good monitor to see the color difference.

****** Warning: As I AM stating there are nipples. These examples do show them. ******
Two Versions of the Bath Scene (Original and Modded)
Original Imgur post - https://imgur.com/a/nvQXY6B

**Edited: BBCode to add imgur image tags in didn't work so please go to the link.**

I quite liked this as I did the anime. (with the incestual stuff ignored)
Modified by NerdyGamerChef, Jul 9, 8:24 AM

Jul 9, 8:19 AM
BTW, I created this account just to make sure the community knew the truth! :) I'm sure I'll be adding more to it soon.

Sep 3, 9:22 AM

This was a 'I'll probably forget everything about it by tomorrow' kind of movie. Very very boring and uninteresting.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]