Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 19, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, mini Zero is cute!
Too bad that magical showdown didn't go exactly the way she wanted.

I also felt bad for Albus as there's still mistrust against witches and anything associated with magic in general. Good development episode and it sets up for the finale rather well imo.
Jun 19, 2017 9:49 AM

Jan 2015
Seriously, it's not so easy to "Focus" after the smol Zero appeared. Well at least it can divert my mind about what currently happen to Albus for the moment. Talk about Albus that finally saved and rendezvous again with Zero and Mercenary. But the "bad" part is when Thirteen told the truth about Albus' grandma. :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 19, 2017 12:58 PM

May 2014
11th episode made me overthink about Re:zero's Plot and this anime they're so similar like so freaking much its like this is the light happy version of Re:zero its like Zero is linked to The Witch in Re:zero like her ancestor or something maybe Subaro could have seen a better fate if he meet Zero instead
Jun 19, 2017 3:14 PM

Feb 2016
JZO9 said:
11th episode made me overthink about Re:zero's Plot and this anime they're so similar like so freaking much its like this is the light happy version of Re:zero its like Zero is linked to The Witch in Re:zero like her ancestor or something maybe Subaro could have seen a better fate if he meet Zero instead

Seriously now?

Anyway, nice to see the gang back but sadly, the truth from thirteen came all along in this episode... will 1 more episode be enough to wrap things up?

(nice punch from wolf dude, thirteen deserved it)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 19, 2017 3:14 PM

Jun 2015
The magical duel didn't go well for Zero. Thirteen and Mercenary thought she died. The way she came back was funny. Thirteen turned good and is going to help Zero. Albus is still not being trusted by the witches. She really wanted to kill Thirteen, but if she did, she will vanish. Hearing the truth about him was tough. This episode is a good setup for the finale.
Jun 19, 2017 3:17 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That fight between Zero and Thirteen was awesome but man, I knew that Zero was gonna own him but I didn't expect her to be THAT powerful lol and thank god her injuries afterwards weren't that serious either

But other than that, even though it was nice to see he and Zero's history and how much he genuinely cares about and respects her and also how he was inspired to correct his wrongs and join them + freeing Albus from the pact, I can't forgive him for all the stuff that he's done

But I feel like in the end he'll end up sacrificing himself somehow so in that regards, his death will be a good yet respectable one that will also atone for all of the crap he's done....Looking forward to the finale a lot more now to see how all this will wrap up (Plus I'm gonna pray for a second season announcement too)

Jun 19, 2017 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
Little Zero is so cute.

Zero owned Thirteen in their fight. She was even holding back, though she still had that curse she put on Youhei.

So Thirteen decided to side with Zero even after everything that he has done. At least he showed remorse.

Final episode next week.

Jun 19, 2017 3:53 PM

Mar 2009
Little Zero is adorable.
Thirteen is trying to redeem himself, huh? Interesting.
Jun 19, 2017 4:05 PM

Sep 2015
Oh 13 you don't care yourself become a ladder for 0

13 u still so evil how can u say you can kill me AND ALL OTHER WITCH ON CONTRACT now
to Albus
Into the Internet!
Jun 19, 2017 4:05 PM

Nov 2008
very good episode ; now I am left to wonder how they will do the finale.. there is a great deal to do.. and 23 minutes seems awfully cramped to do it.. looking forward to seeing what they do with it.. though id like to see this continue with another season ( I am not sure how much of the source material has been covered )
Jun 19, 2017 4:41 PM
Sep 2016
The first half of this anime was good but every episode it gets worse and worse and while the plot could have been better what really is ruining it for me is the execution.
Jun 19, 2017 5:28 PM

Mar 2016
Well that was tricky...so Zero created slightly altered incarnations for the Grimoire to lower the power that can be drawn from the spells meaning that she would be the only one with the full powered spells! It was good to see 13 come around and accept the error of his ways and he told Albus that he wants to make up for the mistakes he's made. Great episode and I can't wait for the conclusion to the series!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 19, 2017 7:26 PM

Dec 2016
I was like, oh crap I knew what was going to happen the moment Mercenary tried to protect Thirteen.

Luckily Zero was trolling everyone and wasn't badly hurt.

I liked how she tricked everyone by making mistakes on purpose in the book.

Nice move there by Thirteen releasing Albus' contract so she can kill him if she wants, cliffhanger ending.

A bit sad this is ending next episode, really enjoyed Zero, she is a fun character.

Anyway looking forward to the final episode, hopefully it's action packed.
Jun 19, 2017 7:32 PM
Aug 2009
Yeah, the past few episodes did nothing for me with regards to Albus, I actually rather like 13 now. To a certain degree I agree with his philosophy anyway. He may have offered power but it was the witches who ultimately used and abused it, it was their decision he didn't force anyone's hand. So Albus being pissed at 13 is so hypocritical and don't get me started with the ass-wipes in the Sorcerers of Zero. IMO, only Zero has the rught to pass judgement on 13. I seriously hope Zero, 13 and Yohei live and disapear after the next episode and the kingdom can go and wipe its own ass.
Jun 19, 2017 7:44 PM
Mar 2017
I really like this show, i think the political aspect is well executed and the magic is interesting. 0 and the mercenary have a charming character relationship thats fun to watch. But i feel like they messed up bad with 13. They set him up as a villain and i thought the goal was to neutralize him and end magic. Instead they flip all of that and make him an ally in one episode. It just feels rushed. And look, I know hes just some misguided fool who does everything for 0 but that feels like some ducktape to get everyone a happy ending in the last two eps. Either way 0 fo life and i hope this show ends well cause ive really enjoyed the ride for the most part.
Jun 19, 2017 8:02 PM

Nov 2015
Zero sure is a genius, to make her grimoire full of mistakes so that she can be the strongest whenever facing another magic user was a great idea. And Thirteen is not that bad, he does care a lot about Zero after all. So the next episode is the last one, I'll miss this anime, it was pretty good.
Jun 19, 2017 9:15 PM

Apr 2011
13 turning sides that fast was unexpected. Now how will this series end next week?
Jun 19, 2017 10:19 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Zero totally owned Thirteen in that showdown, really cool how she wrote in errors into the Grimoire of Zero in case a situation should arise where she had to protect herself.

Little Zero is so adorable, I found it really funny how both Mercenary and Thirteen were looking at Zero with their faces all sullen and then Zero gets up like it was nothing. XD

The flashback with Thirteen and Zero was really nice, I'm glad to see Thirteen genuinely cares about Zero and decides to join her to eradicate all magic in Wenias.

Expected that Albus and Holdem would be angry with Thirteen, Holdem sure did a number on Thirteen with all that pummeling. Pretty cool of Thirteen to void his contract with Albus and accept his death by her hand should she wish for it.
Jun 19, 2017 11:44 PM

Oct 2012
ZBlastHistory said:
Oh 13 you don't care yourself become a ladder for 0

13 u still so evil how can u say you can kill me AND ALL OTHER WITCH ON CONTRACT now
to Albus
I don't think that's how the contract works. Iirc Thirteen's term was that whoever signed it could not attack him, so since Albus is no longer under the contract, she can kill Thirteen. It shouldn't have any effect on the others since they didn't attack Thirteen themselves right?

And yes, the scene with Zero using him as a ladder was cute af
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 20, 2017 2:09 AM

Jul 2014
Kinda feels as if Thirteen's turnaround came way too quickly, but with only one episode left I can kinda live with it. It's an interesting revelation that Zero deliberately wrote the spells down incorrectly in the Grimoire, and while I'm not certain that it was particularly well foreshadowed it does explain a few things nonetheless. Should be interesting to see how they can wrap this up in one episode though.
Jun 20, 2017 2:35 AM

Sep 2013
Little Zero is so fucking cute. Holy shit. It was very smart of her to also change the chants around a bit to make sure she won't be defeated by anyone. Since she knows the real chants, no one can beat her with her own book if it was stolen.

The thing I hate the most is the face turn of Thirteen. It seems like he has an On/Off switch for turning good or bad. It just came that quick and out of no where. Can we all agree that Thirteen was pretty much a slave for Zero? All of this nonsense was done for her. Since he realized he can't force Zero to his side, he joins her just like that. Now he has to fix his bullshit mistakes.

Jun 20, 2017 2:35 AM

Nov 2011
...And now Thirteen is fully face and i got to say im suprised they didnt bury( professional wrestling term) him after he lost to Zero.
Jun 20, 2017 5:01 AM

Sep 2014
Little Zero too cute hnnngggg.

The fight with Zero seems kinda pointless at this point since he'd just do whatever Zero wishes later. Maybe he needed a wake up call I guess.
Still Zero using Thirteen as a ladder was really cute.

Cancelling Albus's contract was nice although he'll need to work hard if he wants to atone for his crimes...at least Holdem gave him a nice beating also.
Looking forward to the next episode, seems like happy ending for all.
Jun 20, 2017 5:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm not actually as disappointed as most here.

Thirteen explains every single thing thrown at him without any hesitation, no matter how good or bad it is. He doesn't know (or care?) about the emotions of others. He for himself has good reason why he should go with the group.

I found this pretty surprising and i don't think i have seen this kind of turn around for a supposedly ''bad'' character in like how long? It makes sense though.
Jun 20, 2017 5:58 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Soo....uhh....did Thirteen hit his head or something when Zero's magic exploded? I mean he was like "Oh, you don't want this kingdom Zero? Alright I'm joining your side, sorry Albus hehe"

As much as I like this anime, Thirteen's conversion from antagonist to support just like that is the worst thing I've ever seen in this seasons anime.

What a disappointment, really.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 20, 2017 6:04 AM

Dec 2015
what a bs, I'm tired of the 'don't kill your enemy' notion in anime.

Hah, the face of the blonde cross dresser when he realised how retarded he was all this time hahaha so priceless.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 20, 2017 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
It was a good episode, despite the narrative rhythm being fast because of the contingent times. I'm satisfied!
Jun 20, 2017 7:57 AM

Jan 2016
Mini Zero is to damn adorable!

Anyways 1 episode to go, isn't this gonna be rushed madly?
Jun 20, 2017 8:51 AM

Apr 2016
This episode was so amazing. Little Zero is so adorable ..She really is a genius..She wrote the spells wrong in the book...so no one can beat her only with the magic in the Grimoire of Zero...
Lmaooo that dying zero scene!!
13 & youhei : Rest in peace... Zero D':
Zero be like : sup, im not ded yet hahahaha

Jun 20, 2017 9:12 AM

Sep 2013
Zero wrote all her magic with small differences with the real ones so she can have the upper hand, she spares 13 cause of yohei and albus gets told the truth.
13 is sorry and undoes the contract with her.
Jun 20, 2017 9:29 AM
Sep 2016
Totally did not expect 13 to switch sides that fast.

Well at least he's sorry for his actions.
Jun 20, 2017 9:43 AM

Apr 2013
Really liked the flashback, little Zero was cute

lol when Zero used Thirteen as a ladder

13 seemed like an older brother to Zero in the past it's kinda sad he messed up so much

I don't expect too much of the final, the show was by far nothing special but decent enough to continue watching though
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jun 20, 2017 12:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
13's rehabilitation came along too soon IMO. He needs to suffer a bit more before I forgive him
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2017 1:47 PM

Jun 2012
Thirteen changed sides, just like that, without even changing his facial expression or anything. Or even thinking about it. I mean, c'mon. I love this show but put some effort into this, writers.
Jun 20, 2017 5:28 PM

Oct 2011
little zero so cute
What 13 joins them omg
Jun 20, 2017 6:17 PM

Sep 2015
Zero looks so cute.
Thirteen suddenly changing side is not only too quick, random but also illogical. he captured Zero earlier and explained his plan. yet when she refused, he didn't stop then. I'm fine with him being a massive yandere, obsessive father/man slave all at the same time with twisted sense of justice.... But damn everything was fine up until this point.
He didn't switch sides earlier but decides to now. He switches so quickly. They readily accepts him. And after his lack of care for others but zero, he apologizes. Either he was the author's favorite character or they just ran out of time to extend the ordeal and develop the guy properly.
I would say something like this needs 1-2 full episodes to fully transition to feel natural.
Jun 20, 2017 8:38 PM

Feb 2014
zcv45 said:
Zero looks so cute.
Thirteen suddenly changing side is not only too quick, random but also illogical. he captured Zero earlier and explained his plan. yet when she refused, he didn't stop then. I'm fine with him being a massive yandere, obsessive father/man slave all at the same time with twisted sense of justice.... But damn everything was fine up until this point.
He didn't switch sides earlier but decides to now. He switches so quickly. They readily accepts him. And after his lack of care for others but zero, he apologizes. Either he was the author's favorite character or they just ran out of time to extend the ordeal and develop the guy properly.
I would say something like this needs 1-2 full episodes to fully transition to feel natural.

Can't say that I can agree with you on that. 13 and Zero were more than just adversaries, they were the only one's in the whole cave that could understand each other and respect as so. All 13 did was to make Zero live a life glorious than the cave. And if Zero denies his ways with resolve, what ore can a guardian do than follow her?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 20, 2017 9:49 PM
Nov 2016
13 went from psychopathic mass murderer to cliche "let me atone for my sins" guy within 2 minutes.
Grimoire of Zero is nothing remarkable in any area, but this is just BAD, writing.
Jun 21, 2017 1:59 AM

Dec 2013
Little Zero was adorable.

13 switched sides stupidly fast.
Jun 21, 2017 4:55 AM
Dec 2016
Two old Witch just like Rem and Ram. LOL... ithink 13-s goal was soo stupid....i dont like it how the story turned this way...13 should have been killed by zero in the beginning of the episode...
Jun 21, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2015
now should I love Thirteen or hate him?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 21, 2017 3:45 PM

May 2015
Little Zero was pretty damn adorable.

Jun 21, 2017 4:49 PM

Sep 2015
dasprn said:
zcv45 said:
Zero looks so cute.

Can't say that I can agree with you on that. 13 and Zero were more than just adversaries, they were the only one's in the whole cave that could understand each other and respect as so. All 13 did was to make Zero live a life glorious than the cave. And if Zero denies his ways with resolve, what ore can a guardian do than follow her?

That's not the problem. The fact that he ignored her complaints the first few times make this final sudden change unbelievable.
Jun 21, 2017 9:40 PM

Feb 2014
zcv45 said:
dasprn said:

That's not the problem. The fact that he ignored her complaints the first few times make this final sudden change unbelievable.

That just shows how much of a complex 13 is over Zero that he wants her to be what he shows.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 22, 2017 2:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
That "Thirteen" was in "Him", for me it was not a surprise, very predictable to this point...

.... now we have to wait to the next episode to watch how end story, or it a step in a large way, but i think not!!!
Jun 22, 2017 8:54 AM

Dec 2014
okay that was pretty messed up...Thirteen can never be forgiven can he that bastard
Jun 22, 2017 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
13 is not a very bad person, he just wants to give all to Zero, but never asked her.
Jun 22, 2017 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Well, this was unexpected, 13 switched sides and. We can kinda understand him, he wanted the best to Zero at any cost.
So what now? Will we get a closed ending? Because i don't see more plot after this, does the LN/manga end here or we will have more?
Glad that the team is back xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 23, 2017 9:19 PM

Oct 2008
Zero is really OP witch! since she purposely made errors on the Grimoire of Zero and only her knows the correct and complete incantation of spells.
So Sorana's death wasn't because of 13-ban but from a different sorcerer but still 13-ban won't deny that he has something to do with the death of Sorena.
I don't think Albus would kill 13-ban...even if the curse has been lifted...
4/5.

Jun 24, 2017 8:03 AM
Jun 2015
Is this anime original ending or something?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

150 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2017

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

89 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

82 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2017

113 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 9:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.