Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Jun 19, 5:58 AM
post your favorite anime quotes
post anime quotes that you liked, loved, found great, inspiring, it made you laugh and so on...
Modified by PeachesRose, Jun 19, 6:04 AM

Jun 19, 6:01 AM
Kindred Spirit

You should lead by example first >.>

Jun 19, 6:02 AM

In that case, have some words of wisdom:

Obligatory too:

Jun 19, 6:04 AM
I work to support my hobby. So if you asked me which I'd choose, my job or my hobby, my hobby takes priority. - Itami Youji from GATE.

Jun 19, 6:12 AM

well.... this had to come out sooner or later
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/642/338/8b8.png

Jun 19, 6:13 AM

Illyricus said:

Obligatory too:

I can't help but feel uncomfortable knowing how sticky and smelly their bodies must get after taking a bath in pudding.

Jun 19, 6:17 AM

"Annie, fall."

adorably inspiring, source of energy, deepest meaning ahead, the best quote

Jun 19, 6:19 AM

Well these are only the ones I have saved.

Jun 19, 6:25 AM

SuperRed said:
Illyricus said:

Obligatory too:

I can't help but feel uncomfortable knowing how sticky and smelly their bodies must get after taking a bath in pudding.
Shhhhhhhh.... It's just symbolism ;)

PatheticRanger said:
Never seen that anime in the first one, but made me laugh. The other two I'm certain I've watched before but don't remember the anime. Probably come to me in a few days time when I've forgotten about this thread.
The three of them belong to the same series (Monogatari). It's just that the last two are from the two first entries of the series, whereas the first one belongs to one of the most recents ones.
Modified by Illyricus, Jun 20, 12:57 AM

Jun 19, 6:47 AM

"Kakarot"

"Oh no, I'm turning into a carrot!!"

"Was that german?! Don't do that in front of me either!!"

"You're under arrest for infanticide and mutilation of corpses"

"Can you punch fog with your fist?"

"You just made a 2D-girl cry"

"WATCHA NAYMEE"

"It's as inevitable as belching after you drink a cola"

Guess which animes are these
“One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.”

Jun 19, 6:52 AM
post it in one single spoiler thx my friend.

Jun 19, 10:45 AM

Every word that comes out of Conrad's mouth is so precious and inspirational to me <3

This is your world
Welcome back your majesty
To the place your soul belongs to

Jun 19, 11:03 AM

Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.

Jun 19, 11:55 AM

"Unfortunately, I don't have a nice eyeball like you, that can see this and that. All I can do to pursue one thing in front of me. So whether it's the abyss of death or an empty void, I won't fight for the manju offered to my grave. I'll fight for tomorrow's breakfast. That's all." - Sakata Gintoki

"Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators." - Sakata Gintoki

Jun 19, 12:28 PM

Here are some quotes I like (and could find easily) anime's are Bleach, FMAB (FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood) and 1 No Game No Life one. Theirs probably quite a few more I could add but trying to find them is gonna be hard to do and trying to think of some more anime to search quotes for.

I only watch anime dubbed (my personal preference)

feel free to add me if you'd like I'm always open to Friend Request's :)

Jun 19, 12:34 PM

Writing randomly for 30 character limit

Jun 19, 12:38 PM

Sterps said:

Writing randomly for 30 character limit

tbh kind of what I did for mine as well lol (I kind of wish we didn't need that sometimes)
I only watch anime dubbed (my personal preference)

feel free to add me if you'd like I'm always open to Friend Request's :)

Jun 19, 12:40 PM

tanoshii things are tanoshii

tl note: tanoshii means fun

Jun 19, 12:53 PM
Master Expander

Yay Another Listing Thread yet again!

Ey!

Jun 19, 12:53 PM

"You are already dead." - Simple words by simple man

Jun 19, 12:54 PM

Wise words from a true man, "yare yare..."

Jun 19, 12:55 PM

Pyxus said:

Oh, I know better ones:

OOOOHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOD!

Jun 19, 12:57 PM

AWAKE JUDGMENT GUN MORPHING FIGHT FOR J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-J-JUSTICEEEEE!!!!

Daily reminder Madoka:Rebellion is absolute fucking dogshit.

Jun 19, 12:57 PM

REOSW said:
Pyxus said:

Oh, I know better ones:

OOOOHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOD!
Even better, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jun 19, 12:58 PM

"Its not gay if the dick is cute."

gotta break them limits

Jun 19, 12:59 PM

Pyxus said:

Upgrade - "Yare, yare, daze "

limits limit me

Jun 19, 1:02 PM

Omkar_Nagwade said:
Pyxus said:

limits limit me

Best Jotaro´s quote for me is:

"Only reason you lost is because you really pissed me off."

Jun 19, 1:06 PM

REOSW said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

limits limit me

Best Jotaro´s quote for me is:

"Only reason you lost is because you really pissed me off."
Best Jotaro quote for me is "STAR PLATINUM, THE WORLD", but I'll never get over "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR DA"

Jun 19, 1:14 PM
Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life's greatest lessons are learned through PAIN!" ●Pain(Naruto)

-"Man seeks peace, yet at the same time yearning for war... Those are the two realms belonging solely to man. Thinking of peace whilst spilling blood is something that only humans could do. They're two sides of the same coin... to protect something... another must be sacrificed." ●Uchiha Madara(Naruto)

-"While you're alive, you need a reason for your existence. Being unable to find one is the same as being dead" ●Uzumaki Naruto(Naruto)

-"The true measure of a shinobi is not how he lives, but how he dies." ●Jiraiya(Naruto)

-"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum" ●Uchiha Obito(Naruto)

-"Is a reason necessary? I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone…a logical reason isn't needed, right?" ●Kudo Shinshi(Detective Conan)

-"In this world, wherever there is light ,there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love." ●Uchiha Madara(Naruto)

-"When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when they are forgotten." ●Dr.Hiluluk(One piece)

-"A lesson without pain is meaningless.You cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But once you have recovered it and made it your own... You will gain an irreplaceable FULLMETAL heart." ●Elric Edward(FMAB)

-"He who forgives and acknowledges himself... that is what it truly means to be strong!" ●Uchiha Itachi(Naruto)

-"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... Their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" ●Itachi Uchiha(Naruto)

-"Fear of death is worse than death itself" ●Akai Shuichi(Detective Conan)

-"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her :3" ●Nara Shikamaru(Naruto)

-"It's never been :The one who becomes Hokage will be acknowledge by everyone, it's The one who is acknowledge by everyone, becomes the Hokage" ●Uchiha Itachi(Naruto)

-"Those who stand at the top determine what’s wrong and what’s right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" ●Donquixote Doflamingo(One Piece)

-"It's human nature not to realize the true value of something, unless they lose it." ●Orochimaru(Naruto)

-"No matter how deep the night, it always turns to day, eventually." ●Brook(One piece)

-“The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.” ●Lelouch Vi Britannia(Code Geass)

Jun 19, 4:43 PM
Mutated Elitist

"THEY'RE GIRLS! If they're not doing gay things with eachother, THEN WHAT ARE THEY GOOD FOR!?!?!?"

...Wait, god danm it, that's not an anime quote, that's a quote from an anime reviewer/analyst.
- - - -
"Let me give you just one little warning. -brief skip- The Wired is just an advanced medium for communication. Don't ever get it confused with the real world. Pause for emphasis Do you understand what I'm warning you about?"
Smirk "You're wrong."
"Huh?"
"The Border between the two isn't so clear. Pause for emphasis And I will be able to enter it soon. In full range and full motion. I'll be completely metamorphosed."
~Iwakura Yasuo and Iwakura Lain, 'Serial Experiments Lain' Episode 4.

Personally inspirational because it's a near-perfect mimicry of discussions I've had with family, friends, and co-workers about the internet...minus the whole "I'll be metamorphosed" part.
- - -
"I promise you I'll always be right here. I'm right next to you, forever."
~Iwakura Lain, 'Serial Experiments Lain, Episode 13

Inspirational because SEL was a religious experience for me, and Iwakura Lain is one of the most believable human-yet-not human depiction of a deity. In a sense, this allowed me to accept the Abrahamic God, his metaphorical 'son' Jesus/Yeshua, and the concept of a 'Holy Spirit' as an actual deity-trio-in-one that might care for (at least some) people rather then creators with no actual investment in humans beyond a tallying game.
- - -
The next three come from three separate works, but really only work all together as one.

"Yes. You made the right decision."
"No! That's impossible! How can that be the right decision!? 200 survived...but 300 died so they could live! The scales are tipped the wrong way!"
"No. Your calculations were correct. You made a choice to sacrifice the few to save the many."
~Internalized Realizations of Kiritsugu Emiya, Fate/Zero S2, Ep11

"Just because you keep trying to do the right thing doesn't mean you're guaranteed the happy ending. In fact, the more stubborn a person gets about what they think is right the less happy they're going to be. It's like we stop being rational all-together. Slight skip If the only way to help was to do something drastic, would you do it?"
"Yeah."
"Then you should do something wrong."
~Junko Kaname and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Episode 6

"I don't expect you to understand. No one in the world could possibly understand."
*Huge time skip*
"I'm an existence called 'Evil' now. And if Evil is supposed to disrupt the divine and be a force of chaos, it's only natural for me to upset the laws of a 'God'."
~Akemi Homura, Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion

Jun 19, 8:13 PM

Illyricus said:

Never seen that anime in the first one, but made me laugh. The other two I'm certain I've watched before but don't remember the anime. Probably come to me in a few days time when I've forgotten about this thread.

"Rejection is a part of any man’s life. If you can’t accept and move past rejection, or at least use it as writing material - you’re not a real man."

"All the girls in Konoha are so hot these days." - Jiraiya (Naruto).

Jun 19, 11:07 PM
Forum Moderator
Kanade♥

Thread locked for simple listing.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, simple listing, etc.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.