Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 19, 2017 5:55 AM

Apr 2015
just been reading the forums and I've been seeing so much h8 for this anime.. why?? t-t
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2017 5:59 AM

Apr 2016
The hate and salt is what follow Fate series everywhere.
Jun 19, 2017 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
It's just typical salt, nothing special in all honesty.

But then again when it comes to reception of the source material it's more "mixed" if anything.
Jun 19, 2017 6:03 AM

Feb 2015
It's not like Apocrypha is good.
But ayy, it's Fate so why are you surprised?
A-1 as a studio wasn't an idea a lot would like either.
Jun 19, 2017 6:49 AM

Jul 2013
You can't have Fate without h8. Or, just like an ocean need water to be properlly called that, Fate needs salt to sustain it's existence. It's a symbiotic relationship.
Jun 19, 2017 10:19 AM

Apr 2015
1). It's a Fate franchise, and you either love or hate fate.
2). It's from A-1, and A-1 is supposed to be 'McDonalds' anime.

What else needs to be said?
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jun 19, 2017 7:38 PM

Mar 2017
It's not hate, it's just people being salty af.
Mainly because this is being animated by A-1 instead of ufotable.
Jun 20, 2017 12:28 AM

Jul 2007
KisaKs said:
just been reading the forums and I've been seeing so much h8 for this anime.. why?? t-t

Its second/third WORST fate work(the worst being fgo and apo and extella basically sharing second place as second worst) with the most disappointing second half of the story possible, being adapted by A1 Pictures of all people.

That about sums it up. You think it is bad now? Wait till the show starts airing. This is next Guilty Crown in the making in terms of how much the second half will piss off people.

Oh and there are also some misguided idiots who thing ufotable should template-manufacture every single fate work because people are dumb.
AhenshihaelJun 20, 2017 12:36 AM
Jun 20, 2017 4:38 AM

Apr 2015
Fai said:
KisaKs said:

Its second/third WORST fate work(the worst being fgo and apo and extella basically sharing second place as second worst) with the most disappointing second half of the story possible, being adapted by A1 Pictures of all people.

That about sums it up. You think it is bad now? Wait till the show starts airing. This is next Guilty Crown in the making in terms of how much the second half will piss off people.

Oh and there are also some misguided idiots who thing ufotable should template-manufacture every single fate work because people are dumb.

so i shouldn't expect anything??? ;( i actually really liked ubw
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2017 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
because A-1 pictures will make this

people already forget about the piece of shit called ubw made by Ufotable?
Jun 20, 2017 4:46 AM

Jul 2007
KisaKs said:

You should expect great characters and set up, great action and lore followed by filler and extreme disappointment.

As long as you do not expect anything out of story it should b e flashy enough to be entertaining.
Jun 20, 2017 5:32 AM

Apr 2015
Fai said:
KisaKs said:

You should expect great characters and set up, great action and lore followed by filler and extreme disappointment.

As long as you do not expect anything out of story it should b e flashy enough to be entertaining.

disappointment how??
Jun 20, 2017 11:17 AM

Jul 2007
KisaKs said:
Fai said:

disappointment how??

Its a trainwreck of a plot with author pretty much being bored to death by writing it and just winging it and then ending it in completely trainwrecky fashion. The endgame parts of the plot and how it all is resolved makes Michael Bay's writing look like freaking Shakespeare

I mean even at the start quite a bit of it is a dumb(and its a lot more shounen-y in terms of characters and setup), but it gets dumb dumb dumb and characters get dumb dumb dumb and then at some point of time the density of dumb is so dense that it all morphs into singularity of dumbness as it ends.
AhenshihaelJun 20, 2017 11:20 AM
Jun 20, 2017 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Because A-1 Pictures is the worst choice to handle this.
Only if Silverlink (Fate/Kaleid) adapts this, there could be a chance It will be good.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 20, 2017 12:18 PM

Aug 2010
Fai said:
I mean even at the start quite a bit of it is a dumb(and its a lot more shounen-y in terms of characters and setup), but it gets dumb dumb dumb and characters get dumb dumb dumb and then at some point of time the density of dumb is so dense that it all morphs into singularity of dumbness as it ends.

*snrk* I like that metaphor.

Though, some people say that because the last volume wasn't translated and people getting their info via hastily put together summaries, it lacks the nuances that give proper context to these snippets.
I don't know how true that is, and i can kinda see it making sense because

I'm not saying that this is guaranteed to be the case with Apocrypha, but i think we should at least get the full context before firmly judging that part of the story with finality.
Jun 20, 2017 1:07 PM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Fai said:

*snrk* I like that metaphor.

Though, some people say that because the last volume wasn't translated and people getting their info via hastily put together summaries, it lacks the nuances that give proper context to these snippets.
I don't know how true that is, and i can kinda see it making sense because

I'm not saying that this is guaranteed to be the case with Apocrypha, but i think we should at least get the full context before firmly judging that part of the story with finality.

AhenshihaelJun 20, 2017 1:13 PM
Jun 20, 2017 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
I'm sitting over here just waiting to see the reception Sieg's character gets. Secondaries will have something else to feed on than Shirou for once.
Jun 20, 2017 1:50 PM

Jul 2007
Still as relevant as ever:
Jun 20, 2017 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
Still better than the jailbait anime.

Rayzer said:
Only if Silverlink (Fate/Kaleid) adapts this, there could be a chance It will be good.

bullshit. A-1 can assemble great staff to make great anime, as they have on many occasions. But i don't see point in arguing this point if you are some digibro fan. But just looking at this season Saekano, Eromanga-sensei, Granblue Fantasy, SAO and Black butler movies are all high quality with great animation. The lesser studios like Silverlink are much more limited in their talents and dont have the connections that A-1 has.

Don't forget the "quality" of 3rei season, even the movie trailer had some bad looking CGI. So i don't see why some Fate fans are wanking over Silverlink.
FrozenkexJun 20, 2017 2:18 PM
Jun 26, 2017 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
Frozenkex said:

Rayzer said:

bullshit. A-1 can assemble great staff to make great anime, as they have on many occasions. But i don't see point in arguing this point if you are some digibro fan. But just looking at this season Saekano, Eromanga-sensei, Granblue Fantasy, SAO and Black butler movies are all high quality with great animation. The lesser studios like Silverlink are much more limited in their talents and dont have the connections that A-1 has.

Don't forget the "quality" of 3rei season, even the movie trailer had some bad looking CGI. So i don't see why some Fate fans are wanking over Silverlink.

This. I'll never understand some Fate fans unreasonable passion for Silver Link. A-1 might not be impressive as Ufo but they won't disappoint like SL did with 3rei.
Jun 26, 2017 10:10 AM

Oct 2014
Frozenkex said:

Rayzer said:

>Eromanga, the show where everyone but one character looks bizarre half the time and that one character that looks fairly consistent has a dedicated animator working on her.
>Black Butler movie still has the terrible CG that plagued the show. Admittedly Book of Circus looks significantly better than the previous two seasons (though for some reason, Book of Murder, an OVA, doesn't look quite as good) and all I've seen from the movie are decent enough trailers (save for the ugly CG boat) so I can't judge the actual quality of the animation until August.
>SAO is a movie but still doesn't look as polished as other movies from around the time, and I'm not even referring to Your Name or A Silent Voice because that'd be cheating tbh.
>Haven't seen Granblue or Saekano so I can't comment.

A-1 as McDonald's is something of a meme because they don't have a consistent studio culture like others, but they consistently put out products that don't look good. From last season, I thought Blue Exorcist S2 started out OK but the quality degraded as the show went on; from last year, I thought ERASED looked consistently decent throughout, save for some conspicuous CG here and there and I thought Ace Attorney looked terrible all throughout. I think the prettiest thing they've put out (that I've seen, at any rate) is AnoHana. I don't really care for Silver Link that much, I think kaleid liner is pretty good but not up to snuff with stuff like Fate/Zero and UBW (which, despite having some questionable character designs and not being as well-directed as Fate/Zero, still has top-notch visuals). I haven't seen many Silver Link shows but I think they did a fantastic job with Tanaka-kun and a terrible job with Chaos;Child. I'm personally banking on ufotable, Production IG or WIT for Mahoyo, SHAFT for Fate/EXTRA (and hopefully CCC one day since that's even more SHAFT's style) and hopefully Bones for the inevitable Fate/strange Fake adaptation one day.
Toa_of_GallifreyJun 26, 2017 10:14 AM
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jun 26, 2017 10:38 AM

Jul 2007
Its useful to put it this way:

Silverlink messed up 1 episode out of ~40+ and more than made up for it with next episode being absolutely stellar in animation.
Ufo messed up a whole show.

Not to mention Silverlink delivered the best fight in whole history of fate adaptations.

So far Silverlink is on top in terms of quality.All in all they more often succeed rather than fail, while A1 SOMETIMES does it decent and fails majority of time.
Jun 26, 2017 1:29 PM

Feb 2014
For being a fate fan since the localization of the original visual novel, loving the first 2006 series and the movie. Buying a psp just for fate extra. Watched prototype, carnival and zero. I was hugely into it, that is when apoc was a thing. You see apoc was special because of the massive success of zero. Everyone was into fate again so when apoc was a thing beside being a video game it became a book series. But everyone expected another version of zero which it tries to do. However it doesn't and without getting into spoiler territory I will say that it turns into its own beast 3/4 in the first book. For those that know let's just call it the berserker disaster. Then things turn for the worst as time goes on. I honestly couldn't read the 4 and 5 book for language barrier problems but I got told what happened by one of my college roommates. And trust me it is not pretty. That is one reason why actually fate fans are mad. It started strong enough to pass but ended in a rough, very rough way like the author stopped caring.
That ties in another problem is the studio. I have my problems with A-1 they are not consistent, they don't communicate with one another to make a product better, when they don't give a fuck it shows constantly in their results. I am not saying that they don't do shows right. I am saying that for a fan that is terrifying. There is a massive and I mean huge 50/50 chance whether or not they will continue with the same quality or dip because there is not a massive fan base after 4 episodes. That is how they lore you in, they start with 4 consistent episodes and then dip to move on to the next project if it doesn't get big. I have seen this done countless of times in the past. And it is not fun to deal with everytime. For the fan of the series they have watch a dumb down version of the show they fell in love with episode 1. There is no passion project, no creative animation or art, there is no love for what they do there and it shows. That is another reason why fate fans are mad. Everything is in a factory like manner. I don't care if it was done by the table or not. But give it to someone that won't toss something aside like madhouse or ig or even Kyoto. There are more reason that but this will take too long to explain but I have to address something first.
MightyM16 said:
Frozenkex said:

This. I'll never understand some Fate fans unreasonable passion for Silver Link. A-1 might not be impressive as Ufo but they won't disappoint like SL did with 3rei.

You see the reason that we love them is the same reasons why alot people love silver link outside of the jailbait. They can make some of the most generic and trashy light novel series into decent to good shows. For example failed knight and baka to test. And sure jailbait is a trashy show that should of ended at season one. But then you got to accept that it is a parody of the entire fanchise (well try to make fun of zero) not taking itself too seriously and embraces the the stupidity​ that is happening on screen. You can see the fun and heart they put into each shot to make it funny, cute, and even action packed. Sure there are hits and misses (mostly misses) and the more questionable parts. But you can see fire in their eyes that they want to continue having fun no matter how small the fanbase is or what brings in the money or not or how little budget they have. They have potential to become bigger and one of the best. Give them the table or shaft money and very popular material and I can promise you it will be a big thing. Most of the times A-1 is not the same. Sure they can animate well even better than silver link when push come to shove but you don't get they same type of potential or fun in their work. You give them a trashy show and they will treat it like trash. Simple as that. They treat show that have a small fan base like utter shit. Or when they get comfortable they get cocky and the quality dips as well. At least silver link tries.

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jun 26, 2017 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
komet3 said:
For being a fate fan since the localization of the original visual novel, loving the first 2006 series and the movie. Buying a psp just for fate extra. Watched prototype, carnival and zero. I was hugely into it, that is when apoc was a thing. You see apoc was special because of the massive success of zero. Everyone was into fate again so when apoc was a thing beside being a video game it became a book series. But everyone expected another version of zero which it tries to do. However it doesn't and without getting into spoiler territory I will say that it turns into its own beast 3/4 in the first book. For those that know let's just call it the berserker disaster. Then things turn for the worst as time goes on. I honestly couldn't read the 4 and 5 book for language barrier problems but I got told what happened by one of my college roommates. And trust me it is not pretty. That is one reason why actually fate fans are mad. It started strong enough to pass but ended in a rough, very rough way like the author stopped caring.
Excuse me a bit, but, can you tell me what is that supposed bad thing about the execution of the plot of Apocrypha? (be in spoiler or directly commenting in my profile).
I don't tell this trying to be defensive, Hell, I don't know nothing about what happens in the novel except some bits of information, I just want to know what it's so awful about the project, since I heard a lot of fans complaining about that, and I want to know what it bothers them that much about the novel.

I don't mind spoilers, btw. Sorry if I waste your time.
Jun 26, 2017 9:38 PM

Mar 2015
komet3 said:

You see the reason that we love them is the same reasons why alot people love silver link outside of the jailbait. They can make some of the most generic and trashy light novel series into decent to good shows. For example failed knight and baka to test. And sure jailbait is a trashy show that should of ended at season one. But then you got to accept that it is a parody of the entire fanchise (well try to make fun of zero) not taking itself too seriously and embraces the the stupidity​ that is happening on screen. You can see the fun and heart they put into each shot to make it funny, cute, and even action packed. Sure there are hits and misses (mostly misses) and the more questionable parts. But you can see fire in their eyes that they want to continue having fun no matter how small the fanbase is or what brings in the money or not or how little budget they have. They have potential to become bigger and one of the best. Give them the table or shaft money and very popular material and I can promise you it will be a big thing. Most of the times A-1 is not the same. Sure they can animate well even better than silver link when push come to shove but you don't get they same type of potential or fun in their work. You give them a trashy show and they will treat it like trash. Simple as that. They treat show that have a small fan base like utter shit. Or when they get comfortable they get cocky and the quality dips as well. At least silver link tries.

This entire reasoning seems kind of entirely subjective to me to be honest.
Jun 27, 2017 5:19 AM

Nov 2015
Frozenkex said:
I'm personally banking on ufotable, Production IG or WIT for Mahoyo, SHAFT for Fate/EXTRA (and hopefully CCC one day since that's even more SHAFT's style) and hopefully Bones for the inevitable Fate/strange Fake adaptation one day.

I'm guessing Shuka or Brain's Base could get Fate/strange Fake.
Jun 30, 2017 2:41 AM

Sep 2012
Fai said:

Silverlink messed up 1 episode out of ~40+ and more than made up for it with next episode being absolutely stellar in animation.

Not to mention Silverlink delivered the best fight in whole history of fate adaptations.

So far Silverlink is on top in terms of quality.All in all they more often succeed rather than fail, while A1 SOMETIMES does it decent and fails majority of time.

I don't know about you but that doesn't really look too impressive. What are you trying to prove here? How bad your preference in animation is?
Jun 30, 2017 3:45 AM

Apr 2016
FlamingMangos said:
I don't know about you but that doesn't really look too impressive. What are you trying to prove here? How bad your preference in animation is?

It's "Fai" he is the shining gem of Fate community here on MAL.
Jun 30, 2017 5:49 AM

Jun 2013
Why so much hate?

Because people don't have better time to do.

I know how the plot goes, someone calls it disaster, others stupid - some even great.

To me it's ok, as in my eyes Apocrypha is all about characters and it has a lot of good ones ( Saber of Red master FTW!!! ). Storywise it's not that bad and it;s certainly not a train-wreck that we will unfortunately get in a form of 3 movies.

All in all - give Apocrypha a shot, characters and battles in it are more than worth the watch.
Jul 1, 2017 3:17 AM

Jul 2007
FlamingMangos said:
Bait Brigade Post

Its better than any fight in fate anime history with beautiful choreography, dynamic camera and directing that perfectly captures how Archer should fight and how his fights are described in VN. Its a complete opposite of silly explosion fests UBW tried to do. But you would know that already since this post is clearly a coordinated bait slash smear campaign alongside few other usual suspects bandwagoning seconds after. Nice try, but it is so damn transparent.
AhenshihaelJul 1, 2017 3:24 AM
Jul 1, 2017 5:41 AM

Apr 2016
If it's better than Fate/Grand Order: First Order, then that means this won't be anything worse than a 3/10 at least. Still somewhat skeptical about this one, especially after that abomination I mentioned this being hopefully better than.
Jul 2, 2017 2:13 AM

Aug 2014
Fai said:

tbf Prisma Illya season 1 is the only good anime adaptation of Prisma Illya, and that fight is the best animated Fate fight, but it's also the last good one made by Silverlink.
Silverlink then decided to take the trashy filler route with 2wei, even giving Herz a fucked up finale to stall for more filler in 3rei, which horribly backfired in a trainwreck of a 3rei anime that had to go back on track first, then kept going with awful animation, disgusting CG, important details cut out and a movie in the works with an official trailer showing just how bad the CG will be and how they aren't even capable of handling perspective shots anymore.

I really love the Prisma Illya manga and I adored how Silverlink adapted the first part, actually improving on it (bad art was the main issue I had at that point with the manga, and the anime beautifully fixed it), but I can't honestly understand how anyone, and I mean anyone, can even think of defending the anime from half of 2wei onwards.
Jul 2, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2014
Illyricus said:
You can't have Fate without h8. Or, just like an ocean need water to be properlly called that, Fate needs salt to sustain it's existence. It's a symbiotic relationship.

Or, they're just people who are sick and tired of seeing fate everyfuckingwhere, when they never thought it was that special to begin with. The fact that it's the same studio that make SAO only ad more insult to the injury.
Jul 2, 2017 2:27 AM

Jul 2009
wow, flame war about quality already started.

anyway, i just glad to see Jeanne and Mordred.
bruh
Jul 2, 2017 4:48 AM

Jul 2007
LeloTheUnamused said:
Fai said:

tbf Prisma Illya season 1 is the only good anime adaptation of Prisma Illya, and that fight is the best animated Fate fight, but it's also the last good one made by Silverlink.
Silverlink then decided to take the trashy filler route with 2wei, even giving Herz a fucked up finale to stall for more filler in 3rei, which horribly backfired in a trainwreck of a 3rei anime that had to go back on track first, then kept going with awful animation, disgusting CG, important details cut out and a movie in the works with an official trailer showing just how bad the CG will be and how they aren't even capable of handling perspective shots anymore.

I really love the Prisma Illya manga and I adored how Silverlink adapted the first part, actually improving on it (bad art was the main issue I had at that point with the manga, and the anime beautifully fixed it), but I can't honestly understand how anyone, and I mean anyone, can even think of defending the anime from half of 2wei onwards.

Most of 2wei fights come close to it, especially Bazzet's.

herz also is not filler but anime original material. There's only one episode there that is not needed and everything else brilliantly builds up upcoming plotlines even beyond where manga is now.
The only 3rei flaw is that it is 10 episodes instead of 12-13 and even then the last episode of 3rei was pure epicness.

TyrelJul 3, 2017 12:03 AM
Jul 2, 2017 1:13 PM

Jan 2015
komet3 said:
I have my problems with A-1 they are not consistent, they don't communicate with one another to make a product better, when they don't give a fuck it shows constantly in their results. I am not saying that they don't do shows right. I am saying that for a fan that is terrifying. There is a massive and I mean huge 50/50 chance whether or not they will continue with the same quality or dip because there is not a massive fan base after 4 episodes. That is how they lore you in, they start with 4 consistent episodes and then dip to move on to the next project if it doesn't get big. I have seen this done countless of times in the past. And it is not fun to deal with everytime. For the fan of the series they have watch a dumb down version of the show they fell in love with episode 1. There is no passion project, no creative animation or art, there is no love for what they do there and it shows.

Aren't you making a little too many assumptions? Yes they are less consistent than other studious due to the amount of people they work with an the amount of anime they put out, but the rest depends on the people that work on the anime, the scheduling and such. A-1 isnt a person, the people who work on the anime are, so whether there is care or passion in the project depends on people working on it.

Fate is a big, popular franchise so I'm sure they'll put some extra care.
Silverlink isn't really an inhouse studio that is super consistent either, and you should look at their anime on ANN you'll see how much they outsource to other studios.

But then you got to accept that it is a parody of the entire fanchise (well try to make fun of zero) not taking itself too seriously and embraces the the stupidity​ that is happening on screen. You can see the fun and heart they put into each shot to make it funny, cute, and even action packed. Sure there are hits and misses (mostly misses) and the more questionable parts. But you can see fire in their eyes that they want to continue having fun no matter how small the fanbase is or what brings in the money or not or how little budget they have.

I don't see how it's parody of entire franchise at all, it sure has humour and doing its own thing, but from what i've seen and how people talk about it - the author takes its story pretty seriously. 3rei shows that it is taking itself really seriously. It's not trying to make funny of Zero, hell it's trying to match it at some parts, like the edginess department. And I actually think that's a good thing.

Most of the "fun" in Prillya already exists in manga, or it is filler basically.

You give them a trashy show and they will treat it like trash. Simple as that.

well... according to memes and a lot of people Eromanga-sensei is trash. Not that i necessarily subscribe to that idea, but A-1 definitely didn't treat as trash. It is very well animated show, fun to watch, some good humour and it had lots of events dedicated to it. Qualidea code was actually not trash (by A-1) but i admit it had awful animation and very unfinished that kind of spoiled the enjoyment of the decent story and characters it had. So, you see what you suggest is not consistent with what you suggest.

I think it depends more on popularity of source material and people that are hired to work on the project.
Fate franchise is really popular(and sales arent too bad) which is why Silverlink put extra effort into it, and so will A-1. It is good business.
Jul 2, 2017 1:43 PM

Sep 2008
Swagernator said:

It's rated 88th. Eighty fucking eight!

Call it hate, or salt, or whatever the heck you want, I haven't seen a single thing in this first episode that warrants top 100 position.

But hey, it has Fate in its name, that adds +2 on many peoples scores.

But oh well, it is what it is. First episode was solid 7 for me, absolutely nothing special. Neither characters nor battles (I couldn't see half of the shit going on during intro fight) nor animation nor anything else made me go WOOOOW.

This anime is going to get high scores and be above things like Trigun, Gungrave, Berserk, Baccano based on the name alone.

To each his own though, people like what they like. Such is the life in the zone :P
Jul 2, 2017 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
nina4life said:
Swagernator said:

It's rated 88th. Eighty fucking eight!

Call it hate, or salt, or whatever the heck you want, I haven't seen a single thing in this first episode that warrants top 100 position.

But hey, it has Fate in its name, that adds +2 on many peoples scores.

But oh well, it is what it is. First episode was solid 7 for me, absolutely nothing special. Neither characters nor battles (I couldn't see half of the shit going on during intro fight) nor animation nor anything else made me go WOOOOW.

This anime is going to get high scores and be above things like Trigun, Gungrave, Berserk, Baccano based on the name alone.

To each his own though, people like what they like. Such is the life in the zone :P

Since when does the rating after the first episode ever matters? This happens every season, with shows that even got into the top freaking 10 after the first episode, then dropped below below 100 by the final episode.

Also, no, it won't get a high score based on the name alone. The Fate name puts a ridiculous pressure on this show, not the opposite. You think people would judge this without high expectations, the show that follows Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works?

Come on, let's not be silly.
Jul 2, 2017 2:56 PM

Sep 2008
I don't have ANY expectations for this one.

I never read/played/whatever Fate/Apocrypha is. I am judging it on an episode to episode basis, and this episode was just ok. Neither spectacular nor bad.

I've read FZ, I've played FSN, Tsukihime and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (didn't like this one).

FA though? Never heard of it.

And MAL fanbase for Fate franchise is bigger than MAL hatebase for the same. It will get bigger score based on a name.

But in the end, it doesn't even really matter. If a person enjoys something, he enjoys it, doesn't matter what others think.

But let's not pretend this is a masterpiece when it's not. Hell, it might be by the time it finishes, but first episode sure as hell wasn't. And if we take the FATE name out, we'd get an average 1st episode with some cliches, one stupid ass mage apprentice that uses his fingers to sum 7+7 and generic looking servants.

Again, take Fate name out and you'll get hate for those things, not Fate name, just for being average. I've seen better shows than this get shit on by people because they didn't like X or Y.
The fact this is rated 8.5 average after first episode tells more people enjoyed it than hated it.

Where am I going with this long ass post? This thread is pointless and serves no purpose. It can be made on LITERALY any anime ever. All anime get some hate, this one is no exception.
Jul 2, 2017 3:54 PM

Mar 2016
Probably because it's made by A-1! I don't know! The only thing I know is that Apocrypha will give 10-0 to UBW...
azertz99Jul 29, 2017 9:35 AM
Jul 2, 2017 4:02 PM

Nov 2014
Nothing new. Just people liking to hate on things that are popular to feel a sense of superiority. Just let them have their moments, only time they'll ever feel superior in life.

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.