Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 18, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, they actually had the final episode go out with a bang in the form a duel. Seems like they poured most of their budget into it as well.

The fight pretty much went what I had expected and Kazuma manages to prove himself. Ofc, he got fed and had a comfy bath afterwards...lucky bastard. Meh, this show felt pretty much like an advert for the main manga as the story continues far from here. Overall, really underwhelming.
Jun 18, 2017 8:52 AM

Apr 2010
This ending clearly suggested a second season and seeing as this didn't even cover the first 20 chapters they still have a lot of material left, the manga is at chapter hundred something i think.
Anyway it was really nice too see this animated after years of reading the manga it was really worth the wait.
And the did a great job.
Jun 18, 2017 9:48 AM

Jun 2015
The duel stretched into the final episode. It was pretty cool. Kazuya did really well in defeating Sunao. He had a good time after that. Sunao' mother is mad at her. She's going to have to marry Kazuya if she's going to inherit the house. Kiriha transferred into Kazuya so she can be closer to him. The way this show ended feels like it needs a second season.
Jun 18, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
The fight was short but intense and Kazuya has proved himself.

Sunao was given the option of marrying Kazuya. He got himself a new member to his harem.

'Divine Possession' kinda reminded me of Naruto's Sage mode.

This show has made me want to read the manga.

Jun 18, 2017 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
sad that it end at this point since it just start getting better in the mango
like Kazuya x Sunao ayyyyyyyyy

season 2 won't hurt
Jun 18, 2017 10:56 AM

Nov 2016
Wouldn't it be something if for once the protagonist didn't win the final battle? Set against an opponent with superior training, strength, and experience they always win despite the obvious fact they shouldn't. Instead, Kazuya won with a random technique that was neither mentioned nor hinted to existing prior to this point, how cliche and anticlimactic.

It was also nice of them to leave the last half of the finale for garbage fan service, though I suppose that does reflect this show's general atmosphere. Seriously, there were more bathing scenes in this show than there reasonably should be in a show. I hope that that second season that's being hinted at does not happen, cause I don't want to sit through another twelve episodes of this trash.
Jun 18, 2017 11:07 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Vanschia said:
sad that it end at this point since it just start getting better in the mango
like Kazuya x Sunao ayyyyyyyyy

season 2 won't hurt

I have only seen the anime, but while I was waiting weekly, I took a peek at some parts of it, and

This episode ended with some great budget values too, and a pleasing ending, overall a 7.4/10, would be higher if it was uncersored, it would be awesome if the BDs were uncersored... anyway it was a good anime, enough to get me wanting to read the manga, guess I will start from chapter 1.

Jun 18, 2017 11:13 AM

Nov 2014
What an unexpectedly fun show. Great characters, style, action, comedy, and soundtrack. I'd definitely watch another season if one happened.

Episode: 5/5
Overall: 7/10
Jun 18, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2016
Woah that fight end was much better than I spected.

In overall it has been a fun ride and deserves at least a 7
Jun 18, 2017 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
finally over....

lets talk about the final episode first.
kazuya's V-shield yet again bounced sunao's attack. sunao seems at her end towards it. the result is just a matter of time now.
(in fact she has one way to win at that time. when in close quarter, she can use a replication attack while she attacks using the sword itself in a vertical direction. that V-shield can only bounces axial attack, a vertical attack will hit it in all forces and tear it.)
kazuya can wait and win, but he decides to use his final shape and beat down sunao's ultimate move directly, and he succeeds! that means a perfect win with no accident. our mc defeats the boss (in this stage) and gets a new harem member.
kukuri gets some chance to serve kazuya besides table, and she imagines to be kazuya's wife. sugar for kukuri's fans.
kiriha and kukuri help kazuya in the bathroom omg~
prize from kiriha to kazuya, u know what that means...
ive heard that in some manga and game settings, male and female can refuel and recover after battle loss through sex. tsugumomo clearly indicates the same thing in this session.
sumeragi suzuri blames sunao for losing the battle, and orders her to marry kazuya! if you two become a couple, then this loss is just between family members, and sumeragi clan is still undefeated. it reminds me an old proverb, "if you can't beat them, join them". right KD35?
i thought it would be sunao to turn into kazuya's class, but its kiriha!
the narration come out in the end of this episode, unlike former episodes before the op.

overall this anime tells an interesting story with bizarre settings and lots of fanservices. main characters are ok and have their points. only sister kasumi hasnt got detailed portray, but i feel that she will get her own episodes in later chapters (probably even with her mother). the animation is average, but ZERO-G really did its job somehow. i dont like the op, but that ed song is so sad! its good, and it would be better if the original manga is a tragic ending for kiriha. though this anime cant afford lots of famous voice casters, they managed to call in some top casters like taketatsu ayana (experts in ecchi shows). other good casters like Boruto, Satanichia, Isuzu, Albas, Ruruko, Koizumi Hanayo and Katsuragi Misato also performed well. p.s. i love Inoue Kikuko!
this anime left a lot of hints for a sequel: sunao's marriage, kiriha's school life, sealed memory of kazuya (kanaka mentioned in kazuya's dream), and even kanaka's death. however this anime gained no commercial success, the blu-ray discs sell is estimated like less than a thousand, and we saw no boost for the original manga when its aired. additionally, i heard that this old manga got adapted just because they want to fill that empty schedule. in other words, its lucky enough for this manga to have a tv series and it should not hope to get more luck.

final verdict:
story:6
character:6
animation:5.5
sound:5.5
music:5
personal enjoyment:6.5
overall:6
(5 as average)

all in all, i'm still obliged to Toei, Pony Canyon, studio ZERO-G, Futabasha, and every people that contributes in this anime. thanks for a good time.
i still hate manga adaption. its so hard to watch a completed story!
vellabrownJun 18, 2017 2:48 PM
Jun 18, 2017 1:13 PM

Jan 2015
This was l33t! Superb finishing episode. I really hope for the second season to come
Jun 18, 2017 1:20 PM

Oct 2010
This manga really needed 24 episodes to flesh out its story. I'm a bit disappointed with the adaptation. Tsugumomo deserved more than this.
Jun 18, 2017 1:34 PM
Apr 2017
Well Kazuya once again proved himself to be the malison cleaner everyone needs..and up to the last ep fanservice is rampant..I thought the transfer student was sunao but..Well the ending suggests a 2nd season..right m8s?
Jun 18, 2017 1:48 PM

Dec 2015
I kinda felt the Anime was just a advertisement for the Manga like Deadman Wonderland. But i still liked the Show and had many times that i laughed my ass off (nearly everytime kiriha got angry at kazuya). Im actually worried about the reward kiriha gave him does somebody know something about that?
Jun 18, 2017 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
mousukoshi said:
This manga really needed 24 episodes to flesh out its story. I'm a bit disappointed with the adaptation. Tsugumomo deserved more than this.
it needs 240 episodes to be fully adapted, i think.

Firesei said:
I kinda felt the Anime was just a advertisement for the Manga like Deadman Wonderland. But i still liked the Show and had many times that i laughed my ass off (nearly everytime kiriha got angry at kazuya). Im actually worried about the reward kiriha gave him does somebody know something about that?
in fact, most manga adaptations, or most adaptations, is made for boost the original source in market.
the original manga didnt display the "reward". otherwise it will turn to a hentai manga, i think.
Jun 18, 2017 3:25 PM
Jan 2014
Superb adaptation overall. The fight scene was as great as expected. The ending would've been funny if they adapted the rest of that extra chapter, though. Like so:

I would've given this a 10/10, but they didn't adapt this part:

KeiichiroSeiichi said:
Well Kazuya once again proved himself to be the malison cleaner everyone needs..and up to the last ep fanservice is rampant..I thought the transfer student was sunao but..Well the ending suggests a 2nd season..right m8s?

Feel free to read the spoiler, but it might spoil you of what's to come:

Will wait for a season 2. And an OVA adaptation of Fake Marriage Parts 1 and 2.
Jun 18, 2017 4:04 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
It was fun to watch. They have material for a 2nd season yes... is going to happen probably not. For the persons that want to know what happen, you should read the manga

Jun 18, 2017 4:49 PM
Jan 2014
PipeBoss said:
It was fun to watch. They have material for a 2nd season yes... is going to happen probably not. For the persons that want to know what happen, you should read the manga

You're talking about chapter 69, aren't you?
Jun 18, 2017 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
It only took 12 episodes but we finally had one that was decent.
Jun 18, 2017 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
While I wasn't wetting myself for Danmach, nearly every episode felt like a disappointment when compared to this one. In all fairness there is a limit in new content with respect to the overarching plot of that show. Still the character interactions from Danmachi compared to this are mediocre at best. I normally find myself focusing on 2-4 shows. And honestly this has been the most rewarding. Granblu I've been watching when I don't have anything else to watch, Danmachi kinda makes me just wanna finish it and throw it to the side. Renai is just too seriousness and all over the place for me, so essentially there is just this one. I definitely look forward to a second season for this. I think it deserves one more than Re Zero from last year, considering the cheap consistent rehashing that show kept on with.

As a quick note I noticed this thing seemed to have more balls with the ecchi than some show that features frontal and full moon shots, I'm looking at you, Masou Gakuen HxH.
Jun 18, 2017 7:09 PM
Jan 2015
Overall a pretty ok series, with some enjoyable parts, I will be interested to know if this gets picked up for a second season. I did like the duel this episode in fact that was probably one of the better parts of the episode the bath scene afterwards was also quite funny.
Jun 18, 2017 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
I found it pretty enjoyable week to week. It won't get another season. I agree with with the statement that this was more of an advertisement then an adaptation. 12 episodes for something that has a lot of material to play with pretty much tells you that. Still, I had some fun with it.
Jun 18, 2017 7:39 PM
Jul 2018
This series is quite a decent watch, quite entertaining moments albeit generic (again not a bad thing). Decent animation, good characters and decent music. Quite something that you can just pass the time and enjoy.
Jun 18, 2017 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
Oliversmillie said:
Overall a pretty ok series, with some enjoyable parts, I will be interested to know if this gets picked up for a second season. I did like the duel this episode in fact that was probably one of the better parts of the episode the bath scene afterwards was also quite funny.
Don't think there is a battle from Danmachi that tops this from the retelling.
Jun 18, 2017 8:23 PM

Jan 2015
I wish we had more stuff but thats where we are leaving i guess. And my favorite content is coming right after this episode. With Sunao and whole Mayoiga stuff. Glad that adaptation was fairly loyal obvious lewd stuff would be censored im just glad the story remained the same. (unlike in Fuuka last season *cough* *cough*)
Still though i feel like fights were done better in manga and i just love manga better overall.

I really like Opening and ending I feel like they are among the best this season but in a final episode i wish we would've skipped them and instead have more content, but the ending wasnt that bad i suppose. Obviously it makes the story feel unfinished but at least it didnt leave on a cliffhanger like many other animes do. Sunao's mom making her marry Kazuya makes it really tempting to get a season 2. Anyway i liked the adaptation and this episode (the one i was worried about the most)
Jun 18, 2017 8:37 PM

Jul 2012
This was good. I like this type of show.

I liked Kiriha, she was a good character.

This last episode did a good job finishing the final fight and then wrapping up the show.

Jun 18, 2017 8:46 PM

Mar 2016
Great ending out of this anime! Yet another anime I didn't expect anything from this season...but it was surprisingly entertaining! I will probably forget about this series as time goes on but it was a really fun enjoyable anime! The fight was really well done for a heavy comedy focused anime so I'm pleased out of what I got from this anime! 7/10 for the good effort!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 18, 2017 8:55 PM

Jun 2014
The final fight was pretty good, and it looks like they saved their budget to make it look pretty.

Overall this show wasn't one that'll stay in my memory for very long. It had some funny moments here and there, and the final fight, like I said, was pretty good, but other than that it's a pretty forgettable show.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 18, 2017 9:07 PM

Feb 2015
Not bad, not too good, but it was worth the watch. Not sure I'd recommend this to someone, but I don't regret watching it, might even rewatch it or read the manga after this.
Solid 7/10
Jun 18, 2017 10:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man that final fight was badass....Really proud of the performances from both of them

Overall, this series was pretty fun and even though it dragged on a bit at times, I found myself enjoying most of it due to how nice the characters are + the action scenes and comedic/ecchi moments

And now that I know that the BD's are confirmed uncensored, my body will be quite satisfied as well lol

Solid 7/10
Jun 18, 2017 10:04 PM
Innocent PerVert

May 2014
For the people that are interested on continuing the series and cannot wait for a season 2 (if there is going to be a season 2), click on the spoiler

Jun 18, 2017 11:23 PM

Nov 2016
not going to lie i thought the transfer student was going to be sunao not kiriha
Jun 19, 2017 12:06 AM

Sep 2011
Well, I enjoyed this. It was never more than I expected from it but it was never particularly bad in my eyes. At the very least it convinced me t read the manga.

7/10
Jun 19, 2017 4:28 AM

Jan 2017
This series was an enjoyable watch. I'll probably check out the manga in the future if the show doesn't get a season 2.

7/10
Jun 19, 2017 4:55 AM

Nov 2011
The clash between Sunao and Kazuya was pretty fascinating, while the remainder of the narration reserved some great comic moments and not just eheheheheh! The series behaved well, though not revealing itself original, but if it comes to a second season, I will look at it with great pleasure.

For now, my vote is 6.95/10. I look at the BDs, to further unbalanced me.
Jun 19, 2017 5:36 AM

Dec 2015
vellabrown said:
mousukoshi said:
it needs 240 episodes to be fully adapted, i think.

Firesei said:
in fact, most manga adaptations, or most adaptations, is made for boost the original source in market.
the original manga didnt display the "reward". otherwise it will turn to a hentai manga, i think.

Well im kinda glad that they didnt show it. But hopefully they explained what happend i mean kiriha couldve only kissed him and he passed out (hopefully) its always kinda weird when i know that some char had sex or something
Jun 19, 2017 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Epic fight. 9/10
Show was funny. This or Hero academia is my anime of the season.
I hope it gets a second season
Jun 19, 2017 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
so good the last episode ..here is to hoping for a season 2
Jun 19, 2017 7:21 AM

Dec 2013
Still cannot believe how PG this show has been so far. Did they really skip out on almost all of the lewd parts of the manga?

Ending things here was a good move. Possible to get to the next arc, and also alright if they decided not to do a second season.

Overall it was a good refresher for the start of the series. Time to go back to the manga, lol.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 19, 2017 8:22 AM

Jan 2011
Lord_of_Anime said:
Great ending out of this anime! Yet another anime I didn't expect anything from this season...but it was surprisingly entertaining! I will probably forget about this series as time goes on but it was a really fun enjoyable anime! The fight was really well done for a heavy comedy focused anime so I'm pleased out of what I got from this anime! 7/10 for the good effort!
Reminds me of the Konasub end battle from the second season.
Jun 19, 2017 9:17 AM

May 2012
The fight was good in this episode

7/10 my final score

I hope it get 2nd season
Jun 19, 2017 10:12 AM

Sep 2011
I started reading Tsugumomo years ago. I always wondered why an echii manga with such good art and decent story never got an adaptation. Yet stuff like To Love Ru has gotten several, but I digress.

It wasn't a perfect adaptation, and to be fair the worst part of Tsugumomo is the first half. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the over all quality of the adaptation. The animation was pretty good considering the budget and time. The art style was fairly close to the original. The casting was probably the best thing about the adaptation. Even the soundtrack was pretty good. I'm happy with what we got and would love an extra OVA now and then. Tsugumomo is the type of series that would have been a huge hit had it aired 10 years ago (then again the manga is about that old). Sadly the industry today content with churning out 12 episode long commercials.

I'd rate it a solid 8/10.
Jun 19, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2017
Considering the comedy elements I didn't expect such a clear-cut victory by Kazuya and Kiriha. It made the episode all the more fun.

I'm actually a little sad this is already finished, because they did a pretty good job with this Anime. Needless to say I hope there will be a season 2 in the not so distant future. Plus, the show already got me hooked for the manga.
Jun 19, 2017 1:36 PM

Apr 2015
8/10 i hope for a 2nd season :)
Jun 19, 2017 3:38 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like Sunao was holding her strength back for the second half then. Though Kazuya did well in the first half though now he needs to contend with the second half. The invention of a new move at the moment though was a surprise though. Hmm so instead of blocking Kazuya used misdirection eh. This dual is gonna be close though thats for sure. I didn't think that they would enter a stalemate though tbh. Kazuya's inventiveness sure is impressive in surprising Sunao. The convo between Kukuri and Honoka was hillarious though. To think that Honoka used such a powerful technique on Sunao just to test her though. I guess Kazuya is determined to win over Sunao to show her that his way of thinking is the correct way. Charging in is the last thing Sunao would have expected though. The commentary that Honoka and Kukuri give during the dual was pretty interesting. If a Tsugumomo and its user has a deep enough bond then they can use this to enhance the user eh. Hmm Divine possession eh. Man what a dual and a dramatic one as well. But man what a victory for Kazuya and Kiriha though. It seems that after the victory Sunao has at least developed more respect for the tsugumomo. It seems that Sunao's views and attitude are not as bad as they thought then.

So Kazuya eventually fainted due to exhaustion eh. At least he didn't when he was in the middle of the dual. To think that Kazuya would go all out for this dual though. Lol Kazuya is one lucky guy in being fed by a goddess though. Kasumi would be pretty jealous lol. Kasumi's imagination though lol. Hmm unique way of having a bath though. Still i guess this could be said to be a reward for Kazuya though lol. Hmm Kukuri waking up with someone's pants on her head lol. Hmm the response from Kasumi though was just like her. Horny Youkai was a great description for Kiriha though lol. Wow to think that there is something that even Sunao is scared off eh. To think that was her mother though. Hmm i think both options are kinda unrealistic but the second one is more possible. Hmm its nice that in the end they showed what happened to all the characters though. This is the best type of ending though. Lol so the new transfer student is actually Kiriha eh. Tbh i thought it will be Sunao though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2017 4:43 PM
Jul 2015
I get why the rating is low for this series. The first few arcs of the manga were more comical and didnt have too many series moments and this ended right when Kazuya finally started to unlock his potential at this and when things are gonna start getting more series. I really hope a season two happens to show how really great this series will be.
Jun 19, 2017 7:11 PM

Nov 2011
I'm actually surprised how much I really liked this anime. It just felt kind of different. Really enjoyable show and great characters. Also Kazuya was pretty bad ass in that ending fight.

Really hoping for a season 2!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 19, 2017 8:02 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
UltimusInfinitum said:
PipeBoss said:

You're talking about chapter 69, aren't you?

Lol maybe maybe :D

Jun 20, 2017 10:46 AM

Aug 2016
It started of a bit boring, but the last episodes were really good! 8/10. Also, the ED is so good!
Nanika ga Okashii
Jun 20, 2017 4:57 PM
Jan 2014
Vert said:
For the people that are interested on continuing the series and cannot wait for a season 2 (if there is going to be a season 2), click on the spoiler

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

46 by Bupkis7 »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

38 by rohan121 »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:14 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

31 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2017

54 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 14, 2023 4:01 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

92 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.