Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 18, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
Damn frieza is becoming relevant again.

Finally the tournament's bout to start.
Jun 18, 2017 2:07 PM

May 2013
Will frieza even stay on universe 7's team? None the less just glad this tournament is finally starting.
Jun 18, 2017 4:38 PM
Mar 2008
Soli18 said:
Wow Frieze is stronger thsn Goku?!

No Beerus said they are equal and Goku didn't used kaikoken x10 against golden freeza maybe he is he hiding it as a trump card if freeza betrays the team
Jun 18, 2017 4:42 PM

Apr 2011
Darius said:
mootjee said:

Looks damm nice!
Is it possible to make it bigger so i can use it as a wallpaper pls?
I am talking about the right side with the nice animation xD

Good enough?

link: https://image.prntscr.com/image/HnNAgi_jQCuYkmGL4X0bzw.png

Awesome! Tyvm! :)
Jun 18, 2017 4:51 PM

May 2010
hanging inside a cocoon with a relaxing landscape > defeating strong opponents > time-chamber > gravity capsules > martial art training

guess hell = heaven for martial artists.
Jun 18, 2017 4:56 PM

Apr 2015
moogleking said:
Soli18 said:
Wow Frieze is stronger thsn Goku?!

No Beerus said they are equal and Goku didn't used kaikoken x10 against golden freeza maybe he is he hiding it as a trump card if freeza betrays the team

How could I forget about that.... You're totally right Goku till has this massive powerboost.
Jun 18, 2017 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
Damn that episode was so good. I don't about what other people are thinking but Freezer is the best replacement for Buu. I would say I like this even better as with Buu.

So Freezer managed to tank that destruction energy pretty easy, he got really strong. Goku of course as naive as he is got trapped into that destruction energy and for a moment it looked like Freezer wants to betray universe 7. Good thing Beerus and Whis appeard. Looked so funny how Beerus "blew" that energy away as it was nothing :D

With that you don't know about Freezers true intention at the tourney. The fight at the end with looked so good holy shit. The animation was perfect. I couldn't stop smiling. I really like that Freezer is so relevant again. He's almost as strong as Goku which will be pretty important at the tourney.

And finally with the next episode the tourney will begin. I don't want to wait another week >.<
HYPE!

Jun 18, 2017 6:33 PM

Jun 2014
I felt a little unsure when Naoki Tate stepped in on the second half, because the first half looked superb artwise and animation was on point but then the king of all animators stepped in, NAOTOSHI SHIDA
Jun 18, 2017 7:32 PM
Jun 2017
I think the episode was awesome as for goku not geting himself out of sidra's energy i really think he could do so but he just wanted to learn how to use the power of destruction
Jun 18, 2017 8:50 PM

Dec 2016
In the end it was a good twist to drop Bu and call Frieza as his replacement. As this episode showed, this immediately added much more unpredictability and intrigue to how this arc is going to unfold. Made things much more interesting.

I also liked this episode because, after Frieza's recruitment, of course some wrong things just had to happen. Expecting Frieza to tamely join Goku's team as if he wasn't a dude who kept a deep resentment feeling towards him and his friends after 2 humiliating defeats, was obviously so naive.

Goku was like a sheep asking the wolf for some help. Of course this was going to be a very risky move, a playing with fire situation, so the series just had to address that, it wouldn't have been something believable that Frieza gladly accepted to help the U7 team when he was sent twice to be tortured in hell for so long thanks to them.
Jun 19, 2017 3:26 AM

Dec 2015
Are they pointing out some sort of interesting intrigue? o_O I wanted that but I thought they wouldn't even do it.

To the people claiming animation got better, you are simply comparing drawings quality. Not movement or choreography (in other words, actual animation)

4/5

GosuGian said:
What if at the end of the series Goku becomes a god of destruction? I think that would be pretty cool

He will reject the proposition. Each time someone hands him a divinity situation, he always does.
Jun 19, 2017 6:13 AM

Nov 2009
Comander-07 said:
Cell would just make so much more sense to me. Actual room for character developement, actual knowledge about martial arts, kind of a connection to goku and his friends. you could even be cheap and say "in hell he attoned for his sins and now wants to become "perfect" by himself" but naaaaaah. Lets give frieza a 50000% powerup. And then another 1000% powerup. And then...

If Cell attoned for his sins, his soul would have been cleansed and started as a new lifeform, so bringing him back wouldn't be possible (Freeza's soul wasn't cleansed because he didn't attone).
It's even possible that Cell may have not gone to the afterlife, due to him being an artificial lifeform.
Jun 19, 2017 9:01 AM

May 2014
Good episode, Frieza is entertaining.
I think Goku trying to hold the ball down is forshadowing, along with a universe using a member outside of their universe bit.

I'm disappointed we haven't seen Goku shirtless battle mode in a while though.. It used to happen frequently but we haven't seen it in Super at all... Thought we were finally gonna see him like that when he breaks out of the destruction energy ball.

They've also tamed down his muscles (He barely looks muscular anymore).. Sigh regular Toei, they do that to Zoro constantly but to do it to even Goku..

Jun 19, 2017 10:02 AM

Apr 2012
Aohh said:
-Even if you are a villain, surely you have something to protect, a love one, scenery , memories...?

-I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Frieza 101.
Those 2 idiots from U9 never seen pure evil before. They're actually lucky Freeza wasn't able to change teams because they won't be able to handle such "scum".
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 19, 2017 10:06 AM

May 2010
ezodagrom said:

If Cell attoned for his sins, his soul would have been cleansed and started as a new lifeform, so bringing him back wouldn't be possible (Freeza's soul wasn't cleansed because he didn't attone).
It's even possible that Cell may have not gone to the afterlife, due to him being an artificial lifeform.

cell did go to hell with freeza and others, during the kid buu fight hell was viewing the fight, cell was there, freeza, ginyu force, the ogres from snakerroad, babidi etc.

freeza's cocoon flowery prison is something new from db super.
Jun 19, 2017 10:35 AM

Nov 2009
Aapjuh said:
cell did go to hell with freeza and others, during the kid buu fight hell was viewing the fight, cell was there, freeza, ginyu force, the ogres from snakerroad, babidi etc.

freeza's cocoon flowery prison is something new from db super.

That scene was filler (though I have no idea why it was included in Kai too).
Jun 19, 2017 11:03 AM
Oct 2016
j0x said:

its also nice to know that Hakai attack will make the victim never go to the afterlife and will completely be out of existence

While it's nice to have confirmation (I always suspected that was the case) if Frieza die while having a halo, the result would be the same regardless of the cause of death, did Toei just forgot about that?

SweetKotomi said:

Freeza escaping the Destruction sphere makes him stronger than Goku right?

Frieza was in his Golden form, Goku was in his base form, nuff said.

The_Nut_Cracker said:

This episode is a good remainder on why Goku is a moron for still adding frieza to the team

The idea to get Frieza in the team was great, even the wise Whis agreed.

However, having Goku handle the negotiation in Hell, and the extraction at Baba's, THAT was the moronic part.

Beerus is the one to blame, he knows he can't trust Goku, and yet he let him manage a situation that could threaten Universe 7.

Comander-07 said:

its frieza again. Cell would just make so much more sense to me.

Frieza is way stronger, so, no, it wouldn't make sense to get Cell instead.
Jun 19, 2017 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
ezodagrom said:
Comander-07 said:
Cell would just make so much more sense to me. Actual room for character developement, actual knowledge about martial arts, kind of a connection to goku and his friends. you could even be cheap and say "in hell he attoned for his sins and now wants to become "perfect" by himself" but naaaaaah. Lets give frieza a 50000% powerup. And then another 1000% powerup. And then...

if they can asspull golden frieza they can asspull a cell in afterlife
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 19, 2017 7:25 PM
Oct 2008
Frieza on U9 would've been a really great plot development... but this is DBS

... still can't get over how stupid it is that Roshi is in the u7 team.
Jun 20, 2017 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
as much as i love Goku but the dude is seriously stupid and naive
Jun 20, 2017 1:57 PM
Oct 2016
pillsburyXV said:

Frieza on U9 would've been a really great plot development... but this is DBS

Great plot development?

It would be stagnant actually.

Frieza in another team would've provided just a re-rematch.

Having Frieza in the heroes' team, that's ​fresh, that's improvement.

Still, there's the chance that Frieza is allowed in U-9, supposedly having Trunks taking his place, but I'm hoping that's BS.
Jun 21, 2017 8:35 PM

Sep 2011
Goku needs to go through dat Piccolo training...
Jun 22, 2017 1:53 AM
May 2017
So Golden Freiza shows his true colors again...not even slightly surprising.
But why the hell freeza came out of the god of destruction attack but goku can't
Jun 22, 2017 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
Daaaamn son. After all these years, I'm finally getting the same hype I got as a kid watching Dragon Ball Z. I love it.
Jun 22, 2017 2:02 PM

Jan 2015
I ship FrieGoku. Lol
Jun 22, 2017 11:41 PM

Aug 2015
It was really OK , In the next episode will the tournament begin? it will be interesting.

Jun 27, 2017 3:23 AM

Jun 2017
Goku will always be a moron anyway. But I think by adding Frieza to their team, at least it will be a good twist to the story.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 16, 2017 11:24 AM

Feb 2015
I like how Frieza is a motherfucker, he still is a siniester guy that only thinks in his own benefits. I don't know how Goku can trust him that easy, because they need him.
Aug 30, 2017 3:21 PM
Dec 2014
So this was supposed to show Frieza power ?
The fights are just meh and don't really show how he is powerful.
Apr 29, 2018 11:14 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Freiza showed his real face, but if i am sincere, was a bad episode again, all that happened can be summarized in 3 minutes!!!
I prefer that Satan would have gone to this tournament!!!
Apr 11, 2019 11:21 PM

Jan 2013
Previous dbs arcs: mediocre fights without any weight behind battles

"DB Fan": I miss dbz

This Ep: Makes improvements using beautiful still frame shots & pretty great animation with pacing like old school dbz

"DB Fan": "all that happened could be summarized in 3 minutes!!!" ^^^
"animation sucked" "DBS get's worst every episode"

Great bait guys, cause we all know there's no way these are serious remarks. DBS isn't perfect but its sure as hell better than a DB fan that can't make up there mind and contradicts themselves
Apr 13, 2020 5:14 AM

Jun 2013
damn this ep looked amazing, movie level art
Jun 20, 2020 3:47 PM

Dec 2012
Shin no Golden Freeza.
Dem finger beams.
Yamero!
Dem head pokes. Dem head explosions.
They going after Baba.
Goku saves Baba.
Hakai ball.
From under!
Freeza is inside the ball.
He's faking?
Freeza has the ball now.
Dat finger beam.
Freeza hits Goku with the ball.
The ring is complete.
Zen-chan.
Goku cant escape.
Dem finger beams.
Freeza's talking in the ball.
Freeza's deal. He wants to be on 9th Universe team.
lol at Freeza not understanding what they said.
Beers and Whis arrive.
Beers blows it away.
Goku vs Freeza 1 hit fight.
Dem simulations.
Goku goes SSGSS.
Dat sakuga.
Dem double hits.
Jiren.
lol at Kuririn jumping up.

Freeza is one evil fuck. The sakuga in this episode was good.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 1, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2019
It's finally starting.....
Dec 20, 2022 7:19 AM

Nov 2020
Golden Frieza is a pretty dope form, not gonna lie.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.