Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2017 9:00 AM
Dec 2016
Why is it no longer showing up in Summer 2017? Don't tell me it was delayed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2017 9:02 AM
Jun 2017
guess yes good it wasn't on my plan to watch list for this season because i would've ..
i am sad for the people who were exited for it
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made
Jun 17, 2017 9:03 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
TJHooker said:
I was wondering about it too!
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 17, 2017 9:04 AM
Jun 2017
ask a news moderator
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
Jun 17, 2017 9:06 AM
Jun 2017
TJHooker said:
it has been added here https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/later so the release date is unknown so i guess it was delayed

Jun 17, 2017 9:40 AM
Jul 2016
Why it is delayed?
Jun 17, 2017 9:44 AM
Jun 2017
because they think they will attract more fans like with the shit that happened with p5
or mal news team is shit
or it was just a delusion formed by the imagination of the fans so it was never announced that it will be aired in july
or the first ep was damaged and they want to remake it

Jun 17, 2017 10:26 AM

Feb 2015
Noooooooooo!!! If it is delayed I will be so gutted! I've been looking forward to it for so long!!! ;-;
Jun 17, 2017 10:52 AM

Aug 2016
Don't be silly. Just because some admin decided to erase the release date for unknown reasons doesn't mean it's delayed.
Jun 17, 2017 10:56 AM
Jun 2017
Caciulacdlac said:
Don't be silly. Just because some admin decided to erase the release date for unknown reasons doesn't mean it's delayed.
maybe it wasn't a mistake

Jun 17, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2016
myengisbad said:
Caciulacdlac said:

What makes you say that?
Jun 17, 2017 11:02 AM
Jun 2017
Caciulacdlac said:
myengisbad said:

What makes you say that?
what makes you think that it is not
even if the trailer sad when it will be aired some last minute problems can always occure

Jun 17, 2017 11:07 AM

Aug 2016
myengisbad said:
Caciulacdlac said:

What makes you say that?
what makes you think that it is not
even if the trailer sad when it will be aired some last minute problems can always occure

But it wasn't announced anywhere + other summer 2017 anime charts didn't exclude it. Unless the admin works for shaft (which is highly unlikely), he wouldn't be able to know that it's delayed.
Jun 17, 2017 11:13 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yeah, i dont see news about it being delayed anywhere.
What the hell MAL ?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 17, 2017 11:15 AM

Aug 2016
It's still listed for Summer 2017 in livechart.me

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 17, 2017 11:55 AM
Mar 2017
it will be on july 4th.
Jun 17, 2017 11:56 AM
Jun 2017
it is not i asked a mod

Jun 19, 2017 6:26 PM

Jan 2016
Go check the Owarimonogatari Season 2 in summer 2017 thread on this page. We found out that the July 4th airdate was a false rumor based on a misunderstanding. But as far as anybody knows, it hasn't been officially delayed and should still air sometime in the Summer season (July-September,) but it's probably an OVA that won't air when the rest of the shows do in early July. Just wait for an actual official announcement.
Jun 20, 2017 4:00 AM

Feb 2015
GoldNautilus said:
but it's probably an OVA that won't air when the rest of the shows do in early July.
It's definitely a TV series, to air on TV. Even Hanamonogatari, Tsukimonogatari and Nekomonogatari: Kuro are considered TV series. But yes, it probably won't have a full 10-13 episodes. Probably 7 or 8 episodes, so it might not come out until later in July, sadly.
Oreomonogatari72Jun 20, 2017 1:43 PM
Jun 20, 2017 1:29 PM
Jun 2017
The official website doesn't state, that it will air every Tuesday at 0:00 JST?
So, where does MAL have the information from?
KmMaster9088Jun 20, 2017 1:35 PM
Jun 22, 2017 7:05 AM

Jan 2016
Luke72 said:
GoldNautilus said:
but it's probably an OVA that won't air when the rest of the shows do in early July.
It's definitely a TV series, to air on TV. Even Hanamonogatari, Tsukimonogatari and Nekomonogatari: Kuro are considered TV series. But yes, it probably won't have a full 10-13 episodes. Probably 7 or 8 episodes, so it might not come out until later in July, sadly.

They aren't series, technically they are specials, since none of them were aired in a serial manner, although Hana was originally supposed to. I just said that for the sake of understanding. If you wanna correct someone, then by all means, correct them, but at least make sure your information is correct. I'm not saying Owari 2 won't be a series, I just doubt it, and I'm personally hoping it's a special.
Jun 22, 2017 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
GoldNautilus said:
Luke72 said:

They aren't series, technically they are specials, since none of them were aired in a serial manner, although Hana was originally supposed to. I just said that for the sake of understanding. If you wanna correct someone, then by all means, correct them, but at least make sure your information is correct. I'm not saying Owari 2 won't be a series, I just doubt it, and I'm personally hoping it's a special.
I will be surprised if Shaft ends adapting Owari 2 as an special. Normally, when they did that format, they just adapted one arc (Tsubasa Family, Suruga Devil and Yotsugi Doll), but this Owari 2 has three arcs, and considering what a TV special means, that will mean they they will end releasing the 8/13 episodes of Owari 2 at once.

The thought of finish the entire season in one day is honestly weird.
Jun 22, 2017 7:32 AM

Feb 2015
GoldNautilus said:
Luke72 said:

Okay, fair enough, I know the marathon airing of Neko Kuro, Hana and Tsuki isn't conventional. But no monogatari series is actually listed as a "Special" anywhere, so clearly it misses some factor that makes it a special. It's always a TV series. And I'm pretty sure that Owari S2 will have too many episodes to air in that special format. But no one actually knows how this will air yet, I'm just saying that the series are listed as TV, not special or OVA.

But sure, maybe I don't have all the information to correct you. My bad.
Jun 22, 2017 5:49 PM

Jun 2015
So, I'm guessing this is old news now? MAL has it listed in Summer 2017 both on the main page and in the Seasonal Anime list, so as far as I can tell it's still airing in July. Also, I'm seeing unsourced comments about it potentially being in a special format; where is the evidence for this? It'd be very strange for a series like Monogatari to condense three arcs, especially for the final season, and there's no precedence for it.
Jun 23, 2017 9:04 AM
Jun 23, 2017 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
Nitos said:
All this comment on it being a "special format" are baseless, pay not attention to them, shaft is currently airing the first season of Owari on TV as preparation even, it IS a TV series, that will release this july, it will most likely be around 12 episodes judging by the arcs it adapts
these 3 arcs won't be enough for a full 12 episodes probably. All 3 owarimonogatari volumes are similar in length, and they already adapted the first 2 into just 13 episodes. This last volume will be too much for a 'special format' and not enough for a full 12 episodes, most likely. But I'm with you, it is a TV series that will release in July.
Jun 24, 2017 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
Another pv is scheduled to come out next Friday (6/30) according to a tweet on the official anime twitter https://twitter.com/nisioisin_anime/status/878275881789038592
Jun 24, 2017 12:59 PM
Nov 2014
Luke72 said:
these 3 arcs won't be enough for a full 12 episodes probably. All 3 owarimonogatari volumes are similar in length, and they already adapted the first 2 into just 13 episodes. This last volume will be too much for a 'special format' and not enough for a full 12 episodes, most likely. But I'm with you, it is a TV series that will release in July.

My assumption has always been that it'll combine Owari 3 and Zoku-Owari to close out the "final season" of the novels, in which case 12-13 episodes makes sense.
Jun 24, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
mfolwell said:
Luke72 said:

My assumption has always been that it'll combine Owari 3 and Zoku-Owari to close out the "final season" of the novels, in which case 12-13 episodes makes sense.
yeah, I'd considered that too. It would make sense to complete a full cour. But I heard that it would work best as a side adaptation as the ending of Ouri Dark is fit for a final episode. I haven't read it though, so I'm not sure. I think that is a good possibility.
Jun 24, 2017 6:58 PM
Jun 2017
actually shaft has been REALLY cutting monogatari up for the sake of a proper adaptation not being too long

3 arcs of owari could easily fit 12 episodes if shaft is willing to adapt it more throughouly, and we know if any studio can make us sit through 15 minutes of monologue it's shaft
Jun 24, 2017 9:34 PM

Jun 2015
Nitos said:
All this comment on it being a "special format" are baseless, pay not attention to them, shaft is currently airing the first season of Owari on TV as preparation even, it IS a TV series, that will release this july, it will most likely be around 12 episodes judging by the arcs it adapts

That's what I figured as well. Owari Season 1 was 83 chapters total, and Owari Season 2 should be 67 (Vol 3 + Zoku). But they also adapted the 34 chapter Shinobu Mail into 6 episodes. I imagine this will be a 12 episode run with less cut out, considering all the Ougi reveals will be happening.
Jun 25, 2017 2:25 AM
Apr 2014
4th July first episode Tokyo MX and BS. Not been delayed at all!
Jun 25, 2017 8:50 AM
Nov 2012
Shame i already read LN spoilers when shaft announced they were done (was a few years ago~) So basically already know the ending>,<
Jun 25, 2017 3:37 PM
Feb 2016
yanderes_anime said:

When did you get that info? Not even Nisio's twitter confirmed that.

This season will have 12 episode. It adapts the Vol 3 of the Owarimonogatari novel, which is divided in 3 arcs (Mayoi Hell, Hitagi Rendezvous and Ougi Dark) so 3-4 episodes per arc will be 12 episode at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2017 4:20 PM

Feb 2015
LuckoBj said:
This season will have 12 episode. It adapts the Vol 3 of the Owarimonogatari novel, which is divided in 3 arcs (Mayoi Hell, Hitagi Rendezvous and Ougi Dark) so 3-4 episodes per arc will be 12 episode at the end.

These are short arcs. Much shorter than the main ones of, for example, Monogatari Series Second Season. There isn't enough content in vol 3 to adapt into a full cour. Remember again, vol 1 and 2 were both adapted into the first season of Owarimonogatari, and all 3 volumes are similar in length. That's where the idea of adapting Zoku-Owari to complete the cour of owari s2 comes from. And it's also possible to have an incomplete cour of around 7/8 episodes. It can happen.
Jun 25, 2017 6:01 PM
Feb 2016
Luke72 said:
LuckoBj said:

These are short arcs. Much shorter than the main ones of, for example, Monogatari Series Second Season. There isn't enough content in vol 3 to adapt into a full cour. Remember again, vol 1 and 2 were both adapted into the first season of Owarimonogatari, and all 3 volumes are similar in length. That's where the idea of adapting Zoku-Owari to complete the cour of owari s2 comes from. And it's also possible to have an incomplete cour of around 7/8 episodes. It can happen.

Yeah, but you still have to remember. It's Monogatari Series that we are talking about. So much dialogues, talking and talking until reaching the very specific thing and Araragi, of course, it's an idiot. He doesn't get everything at one shot..

My guess is that it will be at least 10 episodes. But with no date yet, i'm waiting for the oficial thing...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2017 7:44 PM

Mar 2009
yanderes_anime said:

says who, and where?
Jun 25, 2017 11:17 PM

Jun 2017
ufufufu said:
yanderes_anime said:

says who, and where?
its in the official website
Jun 26, 2017 3:28 AM

Apr 2014
StephanCoc said:
ufufufu said:

says who, and where?
wrong

The text says "TOKYO MX・とちぎテレビ・群馬テレビ・BS11にて2017年4月7日(金)より毎週金曜24時~放送開始"

Translated it says "TOKYO MX · Tochigi TV · Gunma TV · BS11 Starting broadcasting every Friday from Friday, April 7, 2017 ~ (Fri)"

This is speaking about Owarimonogatari season 1 rebroadcast that has been going on since April.
Jun 26, 2017 4:37 AM

Jun 2017
moodie said:
StephanCoc said:
wrong

The text says "TOKYO MX・とちぎテレビ・群馬テレビ・BS11にて2017年4月7日(金)より毎週金曜24時~放送開始"

Translated it says "TOKYO MX · Tochigi TV · Gunma TV · BS11 Starting broadcasting every Friday from Friday, April 7, 2017 ~ (Fri)"

This is speaking about Owarimonogatari season 1 rebroadcast that has been going on since April.
My bad i thought its about 2nd season...Thanks :)
Jun 26, 2017 4:38 AM

Mar 2009
this is why, unless you speak japanese, you shouldn't try to be the one breaking some news from a jp source. it's just annoying for everyone else
Jun 26, 2017 8:18 AM
Dec 2016
Nitos said:
Okey so my followup comment on this now that I have some new info from shaft's twitter account, this week is the last episode of the Owari first season rebroadcast thingy, they've announced on their twitter that they'll have some news at the end of it, which would most likely be the release date for the new season and probably a PV, I believe they broadcast it on Fridays, not sure tho, so just hang on till then and we'll get news.

EDIT: actually it's not shaft's twitter account, it's Nisio Isin's anime account, which is the official account for all anime Nisio Isin things, here's a link to the tweet in question: https://twitter.com/nisioisin_anime/status/878275881789038592

Interesting. Thanks for the info!
Jun 26, 2017 11:37 AM

Mar 2009
Nitos said:
Okey so my followup comment on this now that I have some new info from shaft's twitter account, this week is the last episode of the Owari first season rebroadcast thingy, they've announced on their twitter that they'll have some news at the end of it, which would most likely be the release date for the new season and probably a PV, I believe they broadcast it on Fridays, not sure tho, so just hang on till then and we'll get news.

EDIT: actually it's not shaft's twitter account, it's Nisio Isin's anime account, which is the official account for all anime Nisio Isin things, here's a link to the tweet in question: https://twitter.com/nisioisin_anime/status/878275881789038592

this was already posted in this thread days ago lol

like cmon now
Jun 27, 2017 4:48 AM

Jun 2014
Turns out it's just a special, not a 1 cour anime.

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/879666648025661440
:3
Jun 27, 2017 10:29 AM

Jan 2016
I'm guessing this will be 6-8 episodes.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-27/new-owarimonogatari-tv-anime-is-two-day-special/.118075

Please, tell me again how I'm wrong, how this could never happen. Everyone's predictions in this thread other than mine were wrong, good job looking like a bunch of fools.
GoldNautilusJun 29, 2017 7:04 PM
Jun 27, 2017 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
GoldNautilus said:
I'm guessing this will be 6-8 episodes. P

Not sure how that works with "2 days". 6 would be my top end, if they were shorter episodes. I'm just assuming they'll be an hour a day tops. So 2 episodes at one "hour" (40ish minutes) seems most realistic.
Jun 27, 2017 10:51 AM
Nov 2015
It's Delayed...to August 12th and 13th. And I'ts not going to be an Anime just two episodes. Sorry for breaking your illusions... Here you have a new of what i'm saying. It's on Portuguese. Here it is
http://www.otakupt.com/anime/owarimonogatari-2017-e-especial-tv/
Jun 27, 2017 11:03 AM

Nov 2013
CrazyPetelgeuse said:
It's Delayed...to August 12th and 13th. And I'ts not going to be an Anime just two episodes. Sorry for breaking your illusions... Here you have a new of what i'm saying. It's on Portuguese. Here it is
http://www.otakupt.com/anime/owarimonogatari-2017-e-especial-tv/

Can't really be delayed if it never had an official airdate to begin with.

OT: I'm still thinking it'll be 5-8 episodes, depending on the time slots they get it in. If it's anything like they did for Hanamonogatari, where they just aired all 5 episodes in a 2-hour time slot, it'll work out.

2 hour time slot x 2 days = up to 8 episodes.

My guess on it, anyway.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Jun 27, 2017 2:02 PM

Feb 2015
[Response to the news that it will be a 2-day special in August]

So this is not good news; it means we have to wait a lot longer still for it to be released. But it doesn't mean that it won't have enough airing time. Hanamonogatari had the airing time of 5 TV episodes in just one day. Since this has 2 days, it could be pretty long in total. 8 episodes would be plenty for these arcs.

In a way I'm not surprised because there wasn't enough content to fill a TV cour, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to air this way either. Oh well :/ it should still be a lot of Monogatari.
Oreomonogatari72Jun 27, 2017 5:31 PM
Jun 30, 2017 11:34 AM

Jan 2016
Kougeru said:
GoldNautilus said:
I'm guessing this will be 6-8 episodes. P

Not sure how that works with "2 days". 6 would be my top end, if they were shorter episodes. I'm just assuming they'll be an hour a day tops. So 2 episodes at one "hour" (40ish minutes) seems most realistic.

I was being sarcastic when I said to tell me I'm wrong, but you proved me right again, it's 7 episodes. Y'all need to educate yourselves before you go and try to correct others.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-30/owarimonogatari-anime-special-previewed-in-video/.118237
GoldNautilusJun 30, 2017 12:20 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

238 by RioFS »»
Apr 11, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

33 by RioFS »»
Apr 10, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

35 by RioFS »»
Apr 9, 6:48 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

99 by RioFS »»
Apr 9, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

47 by RioFS »»
Apr 9, 5:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.