Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Poll: Re:Creators Episode 11 Discussion

Jun 20, 9:47 PM

Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Tony_SansNom said:

You are self-assuming and self-centered. This is your point of view when in reality things work differently. Forcing the thought that everyone has to think or feel like you is also a side of narcissism because it means you believe that you're absolutely right.

Bro, quit talking to that pile of straw. I'm over here.

A pile of straw eh? Well, whatever...

Jun 20, 11:06 PM

Tony_SansNom said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Bro, quit talking to that pile of straw. I'm over here.

A pile of straw eh? Well, whatever...

Oh, do I need to explain it? You were strawmanning pretty hard bruh.

Yesterday, 1:30 AM
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I'm saying Sota's line of thought is stupid. Thinking you can just swoop in and say some nice words to the meanie pants online will solve all of your friend's problems is extremely narcissistic.

Yep, it's stupid, but also realistic.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/supporting-survivors-of-suicide-loss
[...] But survivors of suicide loss experience additional challenges, such as shame (which is reinforced by societal stigma about suicide), guilt over being unable to prevent the death, and a preoccupation with understanding why the death occurred.

Though to be fair, suicide is a little more tolerated in Japan than the US, so Souta's behavior may be exaggerated for the Japanese; this is kinda ironic since the people calling this whole thing "edgy" are likely form cultures where this behavior would actually be more understandable.
Modified by MysteriousBanana, Yesterday, 1:45 AM

Yesterday, 2:00 AM

MysteriousBanana said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I'm saying Sota's line of thought is stupid. Thinking you can just swoop in and say some nice words to the meanie pants online will solve all of your friend's problems is extremely narcissistic.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/supporting-survivors-of-suicide-loss
[...] But survivors of suicide loss experience additional challenges, such as shame (which is reinforced by societal stigma about suicide), guilt over being unable to prevent the death, and a preoccupation with understanding why the death occurred.

Though to be fair, suicide is a little more tolerated in Japan than the US, so Souta's behavior may be exaggerated for the Japanese; this is kinda ironic since the people calling this whole thing "edgy" are likely form cultures where this behavior would actually be more understandable.

Okay, let me make this clearer. I do not think the writing is stupid (okay, for Sota it's a little stupid). I think the characters are behaving stupidly which is fine as long it goes somewhere

Yesterday, 2:25 AM
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
MysteriousBanana said:

Okay, let me make this clearer. I do not think the writing is stupid (okay, for Sota it's a little stupid). I think the characters are behaving stupidly which is fine as long it goes somewhere

Yeah, sorry, I kinda suspected that was your point, but wanted to reply in a way that (hopefully) wouldn't come across as accusatory.

That aside, I think Sota's development mirrors the characters of the old 80s~90s isekai stories, where they start off flawed, develop a spine, then have to bid farewell to their friends at the end when they return to Earth.

Yesterday, 2:33 AM
Ep 12 preview up.

Seems like Ep 12 spoilers were spot on.

Yesterday, 12:08 PM

firemagnet said:
Ep 12 preview up.

Are they releasing the trailer even though the anime is going on break, or is it still going to air?

And yep, spoilers were spot on. Didn't really doubt them though. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RIP the shitty Rewrite anime adaption. Read the visual novel.

Yesterday, 1:02 PM
PeacefulWard said:
firemagnet said:
Ep 12 preview up.

Are they releasing the trailer even though the anime is going on break, or is it still going to air?

And yep, spoilers were spot on. Didn't really doubt them though. :)

It's still airing. They have no break.

Yesterday, 1:49 PM
firemagnet said:
Ep 12 preview up.

Ass, ass, ass, ass and a little more ass.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]