Forums
New
Jun 17, 2017 5:49 AM

Aug 2014
Watching - Currently Watching
Completed - Have finished watching/reading
On-Hold - Stopped for reasons
Plan to Watch

Dropped - Skipped/Dropped due reasons,but should it be marked included as "Not interested"?
Dropped might sound harsh for people who not interested before actually watching it a single episodes/trailer.
Jun 17, 2017 6:50 AM
Apr 2017
I agree. I'm on the ninth episode of an anime right now and I'm just not interested. It's not that I Dropped it because I hate it, just not my thing. A "Not Interested" Would be a really good idea to show that you like gave it a try but it's just not for you
Jun 17, 2017 11:51 AM
Jun 2017
i would rather a won't watch button because this will help the top anime based on the popularity become more reliable because i am sure pokemon is more popular than death note but it is just that there are mAny people who don't want to watch so they can not Add it to the list
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made
Jun 17, 2017 12:50 PM

Oct 2014
There's this magical thing MAL allows us to do which is add tags to anime. You can categorize your drop list into "hated", "not interested", "fell behind", ect. so that everyone knows why you stopped watching.
Jun 17, 2017 1:13 PM

May 2013
myengisbad said:
i would rather a won't watch button because this will help the top anime based on the popularity become more reliable because i am sure pokemon is more popular than death note but it is just that there are mAny people who don't want to watch so they can not Add it to the list

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=4555#msg10606127

American_Artist said:
I agree. I'm on the ninth episode of an anime right now and I'm just not interested. It's not that I Dropped it because I hate it, just not my thing. A "Not Interested" Would be a really good idea to show that you like gave it a try but it's just not for you

If you drop it, it's dropped, is it not? Whether you drop it because you find it boring, whether you find it bad, or for any other reason. If you want to leave a note regarding the reason why you dropped it, you could for example place a tag like "not amusing" or "bad" or anything at the tags column.

OP, not exactly understood if it would be just a "won't watch" or an alternite of "dropped" but if dropped, I think it is dropped.

The only real use of something like "not interested" I would see in suggestions, I think, e.g. to not show shows at suggestions one already told not interested watching, but I guess that's actually something else than what you mentioned?

Edit: Remind me to refresh a page before posting XD
Jun 17, 2017 4:40 PM

Aug 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
There's this magical thing MAL allows us to do which is add tags to anime. You can categorize your drop list into "hated", "not interested", "fell behind", ect. so that everyone knows why you stopped watching.
really? where?
Jun 17, 2017 4:41 PM

Oct 2014
Xaelath said:
zombie_pegasus said:
really? where?
When you edit an anime (to change the amount you've seen, # of rewatches, date, ect.) you have an option to add tags. You can call the tags whatever you want.
Sep 19, 2017 9:41 PM

Oct 2012
I'm thinking of using the "Dropped" for Not Interested because Not Interested doesn't exist. It should though. There is a bit of a difference and if the reason from the site is that people don't need to know what you're not interested in then simply program it so you don't show anyone, make it a private checkmark or something.

The reason I want a Not Interested button is because I research a ton of anime and if I've already read the reviews and determined one isn't something I want to watch I want to mark it somewhere so I don't go through the process again.
Sep 19, 2017 9:55 PM

Oct 2014
modboy said:
I'm thinking of using the "Dropped" for Not Interested because Not Interested doesn't exist. It should though. There is a bit of a difference and if the reason from the site is that people don't need to know what you're not interested in then simply program it so you don't show anyone, make it a private checkmark or something.

The reason I want a Not Interested button is because I research a ton of anime and if I've already read the reviews and determined one isn't something I want to watch I want to mark it somewhere so I don't go through the process again.
You can keep it in a blog. MAL doesn't like deliberately adding negative things like that. It's not at all difficult to program, but it's a banned suggestion for other reasons. Making parts of lists private (eg. hentai) is fairly difficult to program, though, which is why it would be easiest just to keep them in your blog or mark them as dropped if you want an option that will show up as being an anime you already know about but don't want to see.
Sep 19, 2017 10:17 PM

Oct 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
modboy said:

You can keep it in a blog. MAL doesn't like deliberately adding negative things like that. It's not at all difficult to program, but it's a banned suggestion for other reasons. Making parts of lists private (eg. hentai) is fairly difficult to program, though, which is why it would be easiest just to keep them in your blog or mark them as dropped if you want an option that will show up as being an anime you already know about but don't want to see.

I haven't used blogs yet. Thanks for your idea and taking time to respond.
Oct 4, 2017 4:04 AM

Mar 2014
Actually, sometimes I use my dropped list for shows that I'm still interested in, but for whatever reason ended up putting them on hold for too long.

Basically, my rule of thumb is... when a show has been on my "oh hold" list for so long that I'd be better off just re-starting it from the beginning, I move it to my "dropped" list, to perhaps be picked back up one day.

Or I just drop something because it's trash... one of the two...

In any case, while changing the name of "dropped" isn't a great idea... I would definitely like a "not interested" filter, personally... Even if it didn't surface to the public, but just for my personal use. I would like to be able to not only filter out specific shows, but also that show's sequels, as well as specific genres, studios, creators, etc... this would allow me to give myself a list which has been automatically curated for my own personal tastes without adding any kind of public negativity on the site.
::End of Transmission::

Oct 5, 2017 6:05 PM

Dec 2016
You can always use the tags option to briefly specify the reason why you did not keep watching a show and you don't have the intention to ever resume it. Problem solved.
Oct 5, 2017 8:36 PM

Aug 2015
cool idea, but i would just use the tags like a few people have been saying.
Oct 5, 2017 10:48 PM

Apr 2014
> Add Won't Watch list - Rejected
So stop reviving threads like this.
Haters always gonna hate.

More topics from this board

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Yesterday

4 by Fleeting_Dream »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 20, 2:02 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.