Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2017 4:49 PM
Oct 2015
First of all this big question might get somebody annoyed at me ... well im gonna ask anyways , im pretty sure some people will answer it seriously . İ guess there are poeple who are more experienced economists and enjoy reading manga like me :D

We have been taught that once a companies' revenue start to fall from its peak point (i forgot its name but it was something like mature period of a company , bussiness) they close the bussines and get in to new bussines. Well most of manga publishers didnt close when sales were down in 2008-2012 , overall industry is in slight rise again , just slight as much as %0,4 (4,5- billion yen, like it was in 2014 after its fall in 2015 which had 4,43 billion yen)

Manga industry as a whole was doing bad between 2008-2012 what statistic says, but i know there are elements which needs to be considered when calculating the future of indutry of comics in Japan. İ dont know what are those elements. And then there is 2012-2016 rise period where until 2015 sales were raising again. İ looked to AJPEA's report and predictions, they are positive overall but predictions mistake once for 2015 sales and i read what people thinks and im SOOOOO FUCKİNG CONFUSED. And im here to finally ask you guys who loves reading manga or watching anime and somehow i feel myanimelist users are realistic and serious when its about those kind of questions.

So what ya guys think? Will industry be another Kodak case? Will it spread wider to world , be big as much as it was in 1995? Will US market will stay active as long as Japan's market is alive? Why did sales drop last year and rose again in 2016? Are people getting bored of mangas or it was just because companies couldnt catch up in time with digital prints thingy? Will it get bigger as world population grows bigger? Where will industry be in 30 years? 10 years? when One Piece ends?

Jun 16, 2017 5:17 PM

Mar 2016
I'm an engineer not an economist.

But I have never heard of a business shutting down when it does a small decline, from what I know most big businesses follow cyclic patters of good and bad periods.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2017 5:23 PM

Feb 2014
Yes, it'll end when they find the One Piece.
Jun 16, 2017 5:51 PM
Oct 2015
Lemon said:
Yes, it'll end when they find the One Piece.

thank you for your sarcastic answer
Extect said:
I'm an engineer not an economist.

But I have never heard of a business shutting down when it does a small decline, from what I know most big businesses follow cyclic patters of good and bad periods.

And i guess at the same time you are telling me that manga bussiness is one of those big bussinsess. Pretty good point, thanks for your opinion. Time to dig internet :D
Jun 16, 2017 10:24 PM

Jun 2016
I always say this when people say the anime/manga industry is dying.

As long as there is a demand, there will be someone to deliver a product. In my opinion (and I am in no way an expert haha) manga and anime is in far too high demand to just die out, or even decline much from where it's at now.
Jun 17, 2017 12:20 AM

Sep 2013
It fluctuates depending on the number of hit series ending and starting.
Jun 17, 2017 12:43 AM

Mar 2015
digitalization is the future...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 17, 2017 1:29 AM

Apr 2013
orkuncan said:
Are people getting bored of mangas or it was just because companies couldnt catch up in time with digital prints thingy?

i dont think that the statistics on the revenue of the manga industry, alone, entirely reflects the popularity of manga itself. there are some (myself included) who live off reading a ton of sht without even buying a single manga-related product.

i believe that that data only work on those type readers who prefer to collect or read from print books instead of making use of the many online resources out there.
Jun 17, 2017 3:06 AM
Oct 2015
Thank you guys i got a different image for whole thingy that i cant simply tell.

And no, expert view was not that really needed, i asked for it because it gets me excited when i see stats and predictions of experienced people hehe :D

But if its really about anime merch , or itself or about manga then you guys are the expertise. Thank you all for your replies, have a good day.
May 13, 2018 12:17 AM

Feb 2015
no, this post explains just how manga is certain to never rise again.

More topics from this board

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

151 by Armandoriel »»
1 hour ago

» When will be the next chapter of One punch Man released ?

MagrMal - 10 hours ago

1 by Alexioos95 »»
2 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

21 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:55 PM

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

52 by Luxology »»
Yesterday, 5:40 PM

» Ur fav manga

Aoust_Adenca - Mar 10, 2023

21 by eatyourgreenz »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.