Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 16, 2017 3:21 AM

Jun 2016
Fairy Tail Chapter 540 Discussion
Sof02Apr 6, 12:48 AM
Jun 16, 2017 6:10 AM

Jan 2012
How sweet of Erza to learn Makarov is alive. Speaking of, Anna and Ichiya! 4And the dragon slayers have gathered...in style! XD Pretty threatening boast/threat/face there Acnologia, but this close to the end one wonders just how much he'll get to show off. Especially against the...Magic of Hope! XD
Jun 16, 2017 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
I can see where this is going. The dragonslayers will put up a bit of a fight but will no doubt still fail to beat Acnologia. The dragonslayer will then give Natu their power much like Laxus gave his power Natsu in the fight with Hades and Natsu will then kick his ass. While on the other side Ezra will plot kill Acnologia like she did Irene.

As for the chapter there wasn't anything that I didn't expect. It wasn't bad but not great either. The end page is a bit cheesy but whatever.
Jun 16, 2017 4:25 PM

Nov 2015
Lame. More friendship crap talk.

I'm more interested in the battle with the outside now, hopefully Gray gets some shine now.

also is Lucy the main female protagonist? Doesn't seem like it when it comes to combat relevancy.
Jun 16, 2017 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
Acnologia's plan to seal the remaining Dragon Slayers on the gap of time failed so bad lol and now he is gonna be force to fight all the remaining Dragon Slayers

so Acnologia is so powerful now he have to split into 2 beings eh
Jun 16, 2017 5:11 PM

Jan 2016
Mashima is trying hard to do worse than Kubo
Jun 16, 2017 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
Well Anna & Ichiya are O.K.

7 Dragon Slayers vs Acnologia. Lets GO!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 17, 2017 7:16 AM
Dec 2011
Unknown_Yandere said:
RileyReid said:
Mashima is trying hard to do worse than Kubo

If you don't like it then leave.

Agreed. This thread is for FT fans only.
Jun 17, 2017 9:17 AM
Dec 2011
Aw yeah! This is going to be one awesome battle! :)
Jun 17, 2017 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
I've been giving the series a lot of slack lately, but today's issue had so many ass pulls it was amazing. Ichiya and Anna are perfectly fine even though they should be dead, and the power of friendship freed the dragon slayers. Uh huh. Sure. Okay. Oh and Erza is perfectly fine too apparently.

As much as all of that irked me, I still want to see how exactly this goes down. Hopefully better than the first Broly movie with Goku taking everyone's energy for the final blow, but somehow I get the feeling that's what we're going to get.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 17, 2017 9:22 AM
Dec 2016
So some shit will happen and acnologia will loose both the battles cuz he doesn't have nakama.
But you know what, I still wanna see the fight. Lol
Jun 17, 2017 10:16 AM

Jun 2014
What a fool I am for believing, for even a second, that Ichiya and Anna actually sacrificed themselves. They're back, surprise surprise. Also, it looks like hearing a voice can free you from being encased in a crystal despite the voice coming from a completely different dimension.....ok.

It's so sad that the end of this chapter seems to be hyping up this fight but we all know how bullshit it's going to be. Acnologia is going to be kicking all their asses and all hope will seem lost, but then, like someone else already mentioned, Natsu is going to receive all of the other Slayers' power and defeat Acnologia because friendship. And there's only 6 chapters left so there's no way this fight will drag on, I say 3-4 chapters, max.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2017 10:25 AM

May 2015
Well, at least last panel was epic. The rest i typical hope, nakama, blah, blah, blah...
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 17, 2017 10:39 AM
Apr 2017
When I saw all of the slayers came together to fight arcnologia I really really really want a poster of that. It was low-key amazing. But I cant help but feel someone is about to die. Like this setup practically screams it.
Jun 17, 2017 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
Ichiya and Anna are back cause acnologia is split between the physical and ravine world.
I hope erza solos acnologia's body :)
Jun 17, 2017 11:00 AM
Sep 2015
ichii_1 said:

I hope erza solos acnologia's body :)

i can sense sarcasm
Jun 17, 2017 11:02 AM

May 2011
Oh God help me, more nakama power ups bullshitfairytail. shit/10.
Jun 17, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
this chapter gave me the chills
Jun 17, 2017 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
TheImmortalOne50 said:
Unknown_Yandere said:

So a fan canno't have a negative opinion?
A fan is ought to adore everything mangaka is giving to him?
Jun 17, 2017 12:06 PM
Dec 2011
Zinzoo said:
TheImmortalOne50 said:

It wasn't my intention to sound rude. Any negative comment I see directed at an anime is automatically interpreted as a hater. That's just how it is with me.
Jun 17, 2017 2:32 PM

Oct 2015
Erza: " I gotta swim to Magnolia!"
Yeah, while one of her arms is the only thing that isn't completely shattered to pieces, and she still had the strength to run to Makarov. Yeah.
Don't tell me she's going to be the one defeating Acnologia's physical body in that state. That'd be bullshit on a completely new level.
Of course Anna and Ichiya can't die either. In this manga good guys always survive.
And Nakama bullshit. Combined powers given to Natsu spiced with more nakama speech incoming.

At least the last page looked epic.

I understand if some people don't like negativity about their favorite manga, but some things just can't go unnoticed.
Jun 17, 2017 2:36 PM
Sep 2012
So Acnologia has a split personality, in human form he seems must more compost more of a master mind, while in dragon form he is just a brute.

We all knew as soon as Makarov, that is only a mater of time till Ichiya and Anna cameback, we all knew that. I wonder is Lucy ever going to meet Anna, is that possible, or can that cause a time rift, and how would see react to learning that her ancestor is in love with Ichiya, and also was also the 5 dragon slayers teacher, but mostly in love with Ichiya, that is going to be the big shock to Lucy.

So what is going to go down now, well I hope the other 6 dragon slayers do something, and this is not the Natsu show, but I got a bad feeling.

Also when it comes to dragon Acnologia, everyone else is going to team up and try to deal with them, this would be a good for the surviving Spriggen to show up and lend a hand, granted the stronger ones are dead, but still there are 5 or 6 still alive. All there talk of taking down Acnologia, well now it is your chance big shots.

So okay we got about half a dozen chapters to go. We will see how this will end. I want my relationships confirmed. If that happens I am happy. I don't care about the fights, just give me the pairings.
Jun 17, 2017 2:50 PM

Dec 2013
Good thing they had the power of friendship to free themselves from the crystal.

I'm not surprised in the slightest to see Ichiya and Anna return...
Jun 17, 2017 3:11 PM
Apr 2017
Random question now, but what do u guys think will happen to the four main couples in the end of FT?
Jun 17, 2017 4:46 PM

Dec 2015
TheImmortalOne50 said:
Zinzoo said:

It wasn't my intention to sound rude. Any negative comment I see directed at an anime is automatically interpreted as a hater. That's just how it is with me.

First of all, it's the manga.

Second, this is a general discussion and not a fan club.
You'd be doing yourself a favour if you looked at things with a more mature standpoint and accepted that people will have different opinions and are allowed to express them in here.

This is just my opinion but I believe that most authors value honest feedback from their readers.
What they need is a communicative readership that expresses their level of enjoyment while also offering constructive criticism (that comment you replied to wasn't one I admit but you said you generally associate negative reactions with mindless hating ) so that said author can improve their stories and create something much better while continueing their journey as an artist /writer.

And just because you have something negative to say, doesn't mean you're not a loyal fan, it's actually proof of your attachment/devotion since you've decided to stick with a series despite it's flaws and it's a way of expressing the wish for improvement (showing you want it to become enjoyable again, want to stay a fan), ultimately helping the creator.

Nothing I'm saying is meant to be an insult, I truly believe you'd profit from changing your viewpoint and becoming more open to other's opinions.

Just as a hater's comment often indicates blatant ignorance, blind faith and unquestioning commitment can have the same effect.
Jun 17, 2017 5:01 PM
Aug 2016
Still waiting for Ultear. Am I the only one here?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 5:36 PM

Jan 2016
Exclude Laxus and Kobra and it would have been a better chapter. They're not "real" Dragon Slayers in my eyes and have also been portrayed as fake dragon slayers throughout Fairy Tail.

Well it wasn't a bad chapter but not good either.
Jun 17, 2017 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
mega cringe, not surprised of this fight
Jun 17, 2017 6:38 PM

Apr 2011
Another bs friendship power up comming :(
Jun 17, 2017 6:54 PM
Apr 2016
Unknown_Yandere said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This will be another epic Fairy Tail scene!

Who'll win? The Dragon King or the Dragon Slayer?

Place your bets and thoughts below!

Are you serious man? Its obvious that the dragon slayers will win considering all the major asspulls Hiro created throughout the story. Why would you ever think that the villain will win? Especially if its an asspull series like Fairy Tail.
Jun 17, 2017 7:27 PM
Oct 2010
hmm, usually hearing voices gets you labeled schizophrenic, not broken out of crystals
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 17, 2017 7:38 PM

Mar 2015
i can't stop laugh... it was really nakama power on steroid...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 17, 2017 9:00 PM

Oct 2015
>somehow rushing the series even tho there was no need to,
>FFs
4 chapter left, acno at best is defeated in 4 chaps, with his body also taking that long side by side

im probably gonna make a fight summary thread to see how bs this arc is,
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jun 17, 2017 9:35 PM
Apr 2014
lul even Mest is alive

Jun 17, 2017 11:18 PM

Oct 2011
Do you hear that - it's the sound of the manga's score dropping with each cracked crystal. The got out of the crystal with just hearing one quietly said sentence a guild member.... uhm no. And like usual they showed that not even 1 person who died is actually dead X_X

Jun 18, 2017 2:51 AM

Dec 2015
"We heard their voices".....no comment.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 18, 2017 2:57 AM
Jan 2016
This chapter exceeds even my level of bullshit-I-can-accept.
Jun 18, 2017 4:58 AM

Sep 2014
Acnologia so scary oh no, time to get Nakama-ed lololol
Jun 18, 2017 8:44 AM
Apr 2017
Did anyone else randomly here the fairy tail theme song start playing at page 21 of chaptpter 540?
Jun 18, 2017 8:56 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ugh....the ravine of cringe. C'mon Natsu, don't try to pretend that you're going to lose, I know you will win with the power of bullshit again.

Go Acnologia, destroy those cringy dragonslayers.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 18, 2017 10:01 AM
Oct 2013
Viz said:
lul even Mest is alive

Did anyone care ever about this guy?

It was stupid enough that he was introduced as a Fairy Tail member out of nowhere, just be revealed to be a government member just to be revealed to truly be a Fairy Tail member, that contributes nothing to the plot besides being a convenient teleporter. Someone could argue that his character was wasted potential, but this applies to the series as a whole.
Jun 18, 2017 1:04 PM

Dec 2015
Viz said:
lul even Mest is alive

He's the lolicon perv that is going to marry Wendy at the end the series. That's the only reason he's alive.
Jun 18, 2017 3:05 PM
Jun 2017
And here I was thinking that Bleach had the worst ending but it looks like FT is trying to overthrow it.... Nothing about this manga is worth understanding anymore
Jun 18, 2017 5:41 PM

Nov 2013
I tried not to laugh but I failed :D

NAKAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA POWER !

Ah ah ah ah :D
Jun 19, 2017 6:08 AM
Jun 2015
Honestly, I can't think of a way where the dragonslayers could actually win at this point and considering how many chapters left till the end, it's going to be nakama as usual. What I'm interested is how the reaction for the fans would be when Acnologia gets defeated. I mean, it's been a deeply rooted reputation for the entire series that he is an enigmatic villainous character. Even I still hoped for him to do something against those seven, no matter how tiny it is. Zeref, on the other hand, didn't give me any impact at all ever since his appearance and relationship with Natsu. I hooked into this series because of its fantasy-theme concept. (Magic, skills, supernatural things, etc.) Characters are likable at the very least and the plot story is questionable for others but I can see its downfall ever since the timeskip.

Nevertheless, it's such a shame that this series ended this way. It could've gone with better results if not for its intended rushed ending. Well, at least it served a good food for fanfics and louder shrieks from shipping fans.

Sorry to say, I'm dropping this. It's been a long ride.

Jun 19, 2017 11:24 AM

Nov 2016
At least the panel with the Dragon Slayers looked cool.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 19, 2017 12:04 PM

Jun 2013
Unknown_Yandere said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This will be another epic Fairy Tail scene!

Who'll win? The Dragon King or the Dragon Slayer?

Place your bets and thoughts below!

Boy, what a twist it would be for Acnologia to win and the world falls into chaos. It would be such a dickish, but also very cool ending.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 19, 2017 1:55 PM
Jul 2015
This will be the greatest battle in all of history.
Jun 19, 2017 4:08 PM

Apr 2014
TheImmortalOne50 said:
Unknown_Yandere said:

Technically, this thread is to discuss this chapter. People can say whatever they like.
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Jun 19, 2017 4:13 PM
Dec 2011
HakuryuNoKou said:
TheImmortalOne50 said:

Technically, this thread is to discuss this chapter. People can say whatever they like.

Your right. I meant no disrespect.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.