Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Quan Zhi Gao Shou Episode 12 Discussion

Jun 18, 5:37 AM

Hyped as fuck for season 2 personally! Show wasnt on my radar and came out of nowhere for me and i really enjoyed it mainly because ive been playing mmorpgs since 1999 and i really like how this show is really about the game and the competition and not one of those "stuck in an mmorpg anime"

9/10

Jun 18, 7:30 AM

Deximum said:
imo that scene is far in the future when xiu is actually making a comeback to pro scene that is his new jacket..
dw, pro or not he's still gross so it'll start to smell like old uncle and stale cigarettes in like 3 days max.

Jun 18, 10:52 AM

This episode almost brought me to tears. This anime was Great, had some good animation and it was pretty funny! 9/10

Jun 18, 12:34 PM

Why was this changed to ONA in the database?

Jun 18, 3:39 PM
Biggest surprise series of the year so far! I really expected nothing from this show. In fact if I'm being honest I really thought this anime was going to be a heaping pile of trash! But boy was I way off the mark because this anime was amazing! This anime makes me want to get back into computer gaming and the action and fantasy elements from within the game are top notch as well! I was so pleased with this ending it was maybe a little more low key than some people were expecting but it was the right transition of the story to prep for season 2 which I can't wait to see! Seeing Ye and his friendship with Han that they developed through being opponents for over 9 years was a really cool addition to the story and the way they cranked up the music at the end it was all so well done it gave me goosebumps of excitement for season 2 and all the potential this show has! Good job China! With anime like this one there may just be a future in Chinese anime

Jun 18, 3:58 PM

Inferno792 said:
Because it's an ONA.

The TV tag was a mistake that took a while to correct as the database mods checked it over.

Jun 18, 5:21 PM

Lemon said:
Inferno792 said:
Because it's an ONA.

The TV tag was a mistake that took a while to correct as the database mods checked it over.

So, it never aired on tv in China?

Jun 18, 5:55 PM

Inferno792 said:
Lemon said:
Because it's an ONA.

Not on TV but through streaming sites.

Jun 18, 5:57 PM
To be honest though, I don't think this anime would have gotten as much exposure if it was put as ONA in the first place :p

Jun 18, 6:00 PM

Inferno792 said:
Lemon said:
Because it's an ONA.

Nope. It's on Tencent and Bilibili.

Jun 18, 7:23 PM

eplipswich said:
To be honest though, I don't think this anime would have gotten as much exposure if it was put as ONA in the first place :p

Yes, I absolutely agree. I was searching for it on seasonal page to mark it as completed and wasn't able to find it because I only searched the top of the seasonal as it had been there all along.

Jun 18, 10:16 PM

Deximum said:
eien_kiseki said:

LOL I'm about to start reading the novel now that's a nice image to take with me. I always knew the anime beautified characters so they fit more in line with mainstream's expectation of handsome and accomplished people. Still hilarious now I'm looking forward to reading the novel even more to discover what else the anime corrected xD.

imo that scene is far in the future when xiu is actually making a comeback to pro scene that is his new jacket..

IIRC, that's not Ye Xiu!! That's actually his

Jun 19, 4:03 AM
Old Time... Old Friend... New Season...

Next Season: Old Memories

Jun 19, 4:36 AM

Quan Zhi Gao Shou was one of the best for me in this season. I haven't watched any Chinese anime before, so this was my first and I loved it! It was always interesting and I really liked the plot and all of the characters. The second season can't come soon enough... (o.o)

Jun 19, 5:56 AM
It seems that the next season is going to focus on the e-sport aspect of the series, can't wait for it to come out.
That was a beautiful ending for one of the best shows this season, from the interactions between the characters to the flashback in the end.

Jun 19, 7:39 AM

I hope to god this has a second season coming out soon. First chinese anime I watched and it immediately became one of my all time favourites. Gave me some flashbacks to sao which was one of the first anime I watched and loved, can't wait to see more from this series and if not I will try to satiate myself with the manga!

Jun 19, 9:00 AM

saw the anime cause of its description and i loved it cant wait for season 2

Jun 19, 2:02 PM

Overall it was ok I guess. Started pretty promising, but after the first two episodes it didn't go the direction I hoped for.

Regarding the execution and the technical aspects it was pretty good, tho. The way the character acted as well as the visuals and sound were for my liking.

I was between a 5 and a 6, but this last episode helped me to round it up to a 6.

Jun 19, 2:32 PM
I just cant add it to my favorites because i dont have any space left xd
#season2FTW

Jun 19, 2:55 PM

Dxcon said:
Does anyone know where this ended in the manga?

Don't read the manhua, it's far far behind the anime now. Read the Web novel, it's getting translated on Gravity Tales. You can start from chapter 1 since the anime skipped a lot of things.
You may now recite your death Haiku.

Jun 19, 4:49 PM

As someone who reads the web novel, from the perspective of the web novel, I'm not happy about it. Up until episode 8, it may have skipped many details, but it was quite faithful to the story. I feel the biggest issues born from this is that it becomes fairly difficult to produce episodes using the novel and it could possibly harm the story presented in the anime.

As for the animation without putting care for the novel; It's well made and brings the story and characters to the audience in an appealing way. I feel it's worth an 8/10. The jumps in time are too wide making the scenes that could give you more information about the world but do not prevent it from being as good as it can be.
Although becoming attached to the novel may affect your enjoyment of the anime, knowledge from the novel can fill in places that feel incomplete. I feel if you treat the anime as its' own work while using the novel for understanding is a good way to enjoy this anime.

Jun 19, 7:15 PM

It was an enjoyable anime if anything but every other department felt lacking. Definitely needed more episodes.

Jun 19, 10:51 PM
Dxcon said:
Does anyone know where this ended in the manga?

It actually isn't from a manga, but a light novel. Haven't read it but there are about 600+ chapters to this light novel, so, they have a ton of source material to work with.

I may as well read this light novel. Yay for tackling such a huge series

Jun 19, 11:42 PM
Definitely the best anime I have seen coming out from China in term of overall! Resonated with me as well since I was a huge MMOrpg player before. This episode feels quite right for season 1 ending. Looking forward to the second season!!

Did they mention which new studio is taking over?

Jun 20, 1:46 AM

It actually isn't from a manga, but a light novel. Haven't read it but there are about 600+ chapters to this light novel, so, they have a ton of source material to work with.

Keep in mind that the chapters for this Web novel are much shorter than regular Light novel chapters. Each one is like 3000-5000 words. There are currently ~650 translated chapters, but there's around 1700 and even with a chapter/day schedule it's still gonna be a while before it's all translated.
You may now recite your death Haiku.

Jun 20, 10:16 AM

That ending got me hype, especially the answer "of course" by Ye Xiu pretty much saying they want to do a season two, hopefully this show was watched/praised enough to make a season 2 possible!

Jun 20, 5:56 PM

That was a great finale. The fights and meeting his old rival was awesome.

Ye Xiu and Su Mucheng would make a great couple.

This show is 9/10 for me. Great entertainment. Can't wait for season 2. Looking forward to Ye Xiu and his team in tournament.
"I want to become a steamed cheese roll"

Jun 20, 8:15 PM

Leo_10 said:
That was a great finale. The fights and meeting his old rival was awesome.
This is a spoiler yet not a spoiler so I'll tag it. It's only a spoiler for those who read the novel (and maybe the manga but it's so far behind the novel...).

Jun 20, 8:50 PM

Jealot said:

Keep in mind that the chapters for this Web novel are much shorter than regular Light novel chapters. Each one is like 3000-5000 words. There are currently ~650 translated chapters, but there's around 1700 and even with a chapter/day schedule it's still gonna be a while before it's all translated.

Have you read the series? I was looking for what chapter the anime ended on. I plan to read from chapter 1, but I want an idea of how far the anime got into the series so I can decide whether to wait for more to be translated or not.

Jun 20, 11:26 PM

Chocolatey said:
Have you read the series? I was looking for what chapter the anime ended on.
I recommend not considering a bunch of information from episode 8 on since the story gets noticeably changed.
Since the team Tiny Herb arc is defined more thoroughly and enjoyably as well, I recommend starting from the point where Wang Jiexi (Magician) gets 5 10th-server account cards for the newer members.
Qidian International - The King's Avatar Chapter 127

For those who want to continue where the anime left off, seeing as the story is changed a lot, this is a place you could probably get away reading onward from. You will be missing a lot of details but I know the feeling of wanting more!

Yesterday, 2:57 AM
12 episode why i dont like tang rao that girsl just annoying and my fav character is i forget name he job is boxer and red hair

Yesterday, 2:59 AM

started promising but got a little repetitive in the later half, 5/10 for me.

still, can't wait for next season showing the esports, could be interesting.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]