Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 15, 2017 10:16 PM
Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, Episode 12 wasn't anything too epic of a conclusion. I guess they just wanted to end on a safe note.

That being said, I like the human touch and the slice of life moment in the 1st half. Su Mucheng was especially cute sleeping on Ye Xiu's shoulders! I also like that Ye Xiu didn't realize he had actually gathered a future team until Huang Shaotian highlighted it, and he thought of it as a nice idea.

In the 2nd half, we get to see the pro team of Tyrannical Ambition in action (I think it's called Tyrannical World) fighting against Ye Xiu, and a glimpse into Ye Xiu and Han WenQing's (the captain of Tyrannical World) past nine years ago. And a glimpse into the esports component! I think it was a nice touch :)

Also, there is a post-credit scene in this episode, so don't miss it! It is a hint to Ye Xiu's future pro team attire :D

And for those wondering whether this is getting a 2nd season, yes! At the end before the post-credit scene, there's a thumbnail that says "See you next season!" It just didn't say when though :/ But that being say, I'm definitely looking forward to season 2 because season 1 ended in a way that leaves me wanting for more. I'm not satisfied that it ended just like that, so looking forward to next season (as well as the OVA which I got word from the Chinese side)!

P.S. Oh, I forgot to mention the OP was sung by a different singer near the end of this episode!

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
ShockedJun 18, 2017 9:41 PM
Jun 15, 2017 10:31 PM
May 2017
I am actually pretty happy about the little plot change here, although I do want to point out Tyranny and Excellent Era fought in the finals of Season 2 not Season 1...I guess they want to make it more dramatic.

It's very sad news that the next season will be done by another company. Fxxking capitalists.
Jun 15, 2017 10:36 PM

Apr 2017
The music, the fight, the flashback, they made me cry.
Jun 15, 2017 10:43 PM
Apr 2017
The fight scene and flashback were superb.
Really like this episode.

As for season 2, there's this:

"“不出意外的话,《全职高手》明年一定会有第二季。”

"Barring any unforeseen circumstances, there will be a second season next year."

this is the source (not sure if it's reliable):
http://hznews.hangzhou.com.cn/wenti/content/2017-06/15/content_6578810.htm

P.S. - The raw episode is available on youtube and dailymotion.

fireTricksterJun 15, 2017 10:47 PM
Jun 15, 2017 11:11 PM
Apr 2017
eplipswich said:

I'm not satisfied that it ended just like that, so looking forward to next season (as well as the OVA which I got word from the Chinese side)!

Do you know what the OVA is gonna be about? Release date? Source?
Jun 15, 2017 11:16 PM
Nov 2010
fireTrickster said:
eplipswich said:

I'm not satisfied that it ended just like that, so looking forward to next season (as well as the OVA which I got word from the Chinese side)!

Source is from the bilibili comments. The Chinese know their stuff, so I'm pretty sure they can be trusted.

Release date is unknown, but as for content, this is what from what I heard, but it'll probably have something to do with Christmas. There's also rumors that it might be the All-Stars event, but nothing is truly confirmed as of yet.
eplipswichJun 15, 2017 11:24 PM
Jun 15, 2017 11:43 PM

Jun 2013
fireTrickster said:

"Barring any unforeseen circumstances, there will be a second season next year."

lol

10 characters
Jun 15, 2017 11:47 PM

Jun 2013
Btw can any source reader tell me if ye qiu doesn't intend to form a squad with tang rou/bao zi/yi fan etc etc on their first meeting and the idea only pop into his head when pointed out by shao tian as depicted in this episode?

I tot when ye qiu meet tang rou and saw the potential in her he was already planning to rope all these "buddies" to be his new squad mates.
Jun 15, 2017 11:48 PM
Nov 2010
Lol, that's a hint. Don't know if it's true, but if it is, that'd be awesome!
Jun 16, 2017 12:16 AM
Jun 2017
Chiyousagi said:
Btw can any source reader tell me if ye qiu doesn't intend to form a squad with tang rou/bao zi/yi fan etc etc on their first meeting and the idea only pop into his head when pointed out by shao tian as depicted in this episode?

I tot when ye qiu meet tang rou and saw the potential in her he was already planning to rope all these "buddies" to be his new squad mates.

He isn't even sure whether Tang and Baozi are interested in professional competition at this time since they are merely just acquaintance.
Yifan belongs to another team so again there is no guarantee at all for now.
So..yes, Ye doesn't really have any plan about his squad at this point.
Jun 16, 2017 12:36 AM
Apr 2017
eplipswich said:
fireTrickster said:

Source is from the bilibili comments. The Chinese know their stuff, so I'm pretty sure they can be trusted.

Release date is unknown, but as for content, this is what from what I heard, but it'll probably have something to do with Christmas. There's also rumors that it might be the All-Stars event, but nothing is truly confirmed as of yet.

The OVA was hinted by Butterfly Blue(the writer) on his Weibo during the beginning of the season. "After watching the first three episode of the season, I am now to looking forward to the OVA."
Jun 16, 2017 1:04 AM
Apr 2017
A perfect ending of the season for such brilliant anime, I am very satisfied for what I got and it has been a wonderful experience to see my favorite novel made into something great.

I am so pissed that YueWen decided to change studio so they can rush out the season 2 in next years! Eventhough I did hope to see season 2 faster but not under the risk of changing art style and quality drop just because they want to change the whole production team !!!

Season 2 better maintain their quality cuz I hate to drop this anime for a stupid decision made by the capitalist.
Jun 16, 2017 2:49 AM
May 2017
完美! ! ! ! ! !这12集将介绍人物和游戏,它将会变得越来越好,我期待着它
Perfect!!!!!!The 12 episodes are introducing characters and games, and it will only get better and better, and I'm looking forward
Jun 16, 2017 5:56 AM

May 2013
Loved it!!!! I can't wait season 2 and subtitles!! First time I see a chinese anime and really pleased.

Btw... He is fine as f*** here *0*
Jun 16, 2017 7:01 AM
Apr 2017
Good news:Season 2 come in 2018 (official information)
Bad news:90% of possibilities, original anime studios will be replaced

Updated news:Director of the first season said “good luck” to the next production team,so It is almost announced that they are no longer involved
wangdonghuJun 16, 2017 7:29 AM
Jun 16, 2017 7:33 AM
Nov 2010
wangdonghu said:

Updated news:Director of the first season said “good luck” to the next production team,so It is almost announced that they are no longer involved

Hopefully the 2nd season will have just as good quality, if not better :)

Btw, you got the link to the official information for Season 2 2018?
eplipswichJun 16, 2017 7:37 AM
Jun 16, 2017 7:44 AM
Apr 2017
eplipswich said:
wangdonghu said:

Hopefully the 2nd season will have just as good quality, if not better :)

Btw, you got the link to the official information for Season 2 2018?

Yes, in the newspaper, so no link but i can give you pic
http://qjwb.zjol.com.cn/html/2017-06/15/content_3530730.htm?div=-1
here
wangdonghuJun 16, 2017 7:51 AM
Jun 16, 2017 12:43 PM
Mar 2017
The anime was pretty good. But I was hoping for a better end.
Jun 16, 2017 3:41 PM

Feb 2014
WaitingDB5K said:
Loved it!!!! I can't wait season 2 and subtitles!! First time I see a chinese anime and really pleased.

In the LN his description is pallid, skinnyfat, with 1 month old stubble. His jacket is slightly rancid from lack of washing.

Dreamy.
LemonJun 16, 2017 7:59 PM
Jun 16, 2017 4:56 PM
Nov 2015
louissnape said:
A perfect ending of the season for such brilliant anime, I am very satisfied for what I got and it has been a wonderful experience to see my favorite novel made into something great.

I am so pissed that YueWen decided to change studio so they can rush out the season 2 in next years! Eventhough I did hope to see season 2 faster but not under the risk of changing art style and quality drop just because they want to change the whole production team !!!

Season 2 better maintain their quality cuz I hate to drop this anime for a stupid decision made by the capitalist.

welp that a big risk, maybe they don't satisfied with the animations ? its good now but still far from great.

i just hope this is a good step for other manhwa become anime because there a lot of great manhwa not touched to be anime yet.
Jun 16, 2017 5:03 PM

Oct 2010
See how much a series can do if producers don't waste time with fillers and fanservice?
Jun 16, 2017 6:51 PM

Oct 2016
That's some hyper-realistic plates

Jun 16, 2017 7:14 PM

Jun 2015
Wonderful episode. Su Mucheng sleeping on Ye Xiu's shoulders was cute. He didn't realized he gathered such a great team. Huang Shaotian had to remind him of that. Members from Tyrannical World started to fight Ye Xiu. One of them was a rival to him. Got to see a bit of their past. The fight was very cool. Looking forward for the second season.
Jun 16, 2017 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
WaitingDB5K said:

He looks a lot different there than he does in the current anime episodes lol.
Jun 17, 2017 8:01 AM
Jun 2014
Goddammit, this episode was great.

It was obvious for the viewers that Ye Qui was gathering an Esport teams. But it's cool to see that Ye Qui didn't even think about that, since he was always playing Glory for fun. So seeing him training people who he sees potential without any plans to form a team is really cool. Something I don't see often in real life when playing games. Since people are often ignorant. So another +1 for Ye Qui's character.

Mucheng and Ye Qui scene was quiet cute, especially when Mucheng says it sounds disgusting when Ye Qui calls her Mu Mu :'D

Han's rivalry with Ye Qui was really cool and emotional aswell and a nice way to end the season.

A bit sad that we didn't see much of the third master tactician. But they did well for a 12 episode anime/donghua(or whatever people call it these days). So I'm not disappointed. They showed enough to let us picture what kinda person he is.

A bit sad we got weird McDonald adds implemented unnaturally in their past episodes, while they could've implemented it in this final episode more naturally :p It feels as if they didn't like to put Mcdonald adds, but were forced to do it because of Mcdonald being the sponsor! The foods looks delicious though in this episode!

Overall a 7 for me. The anime has flaws, but:
What they did well > their flaws.

The reason why it's a 7 instead of a 6 for me is because I enjoyed the anime/donghua alot. My enjoyment is an 8, the first few episodes being a 7, but they made the anime/donghua better and better so it became an 8 in the end.

That's why my final verdict will be a 7.

I wish the next studio alot of luck. Hope they will do an even better job. It would be sad if the new studio get alot of hate, because of the high expectations after this season.

TKMikeJun 17, 2017 8:04 AM
Jun 17, 2017 1:48 PM
Jan 2011
Lemon said:
WaitingDB5K said:

In the LN his description is pallid, skinnyfat, with 1 month old stubble. His jacket is slightly rancid from lack of washing.

Dreamy.

LOL I'm about to start reading the novel now that's a nice image to take with me. I always knew the anime beautified characters so they fit more in line with mainstream's expectation of handsome and accomplished people. Still hilarious now I'm looking forward to reading the novel even more to discover what else the anime corrected xD.
Jun 17, 2017 8:37 PM

Dec 2010
Not bad as a finale, though I wish they didn't spend so much time on the vice captain's OCD eating habits.

When's season 2 coming out?
Jun 17, 2017 8:46 PM

Jan 2017
Tournament arc next season???
F
Jun 17, 2017 8:51 PM

Sep 2015
Done this was an okay ride. I really wished it wasnt to rushed and some more details from LN could be put in but overall 8/10. That future glimpse through at the end.
Jun 17, 2017 9:06 PM

Dec 2015
Well ... the ending was expected , nice fight for the last episode , gonna miss this i think , it's a nice change of pace

Bye bye GLORY , see you again
Jun 17, 2017 9:10 PM

Apr 2011
12 episode is just not enough. I was not that impressed to be honest. This is really just an advertisement nothing more.

Season 2 is probably not gonna happen. If it does I just hope it covers more.
Jun 17, 2017 9:29 PM

Dec 2016
Now that was quite the ending, a draw leading up to an upcoming fight in another season.

I like how he made a team with his work colleagues and the others he has met.

Can't wait for him to destroy his former team.
Jun 17, 2017 9:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a great finale, and I must say that seeing the GOD run into his old main rival(s) and also having a match with them was really cool to see and I CANNOT WAIT to see when he eventually goes back into competitive play

Looks like he's gonna make a team with his current friends (Which I'm 100% behind) so seeing them form and enter the E-Sports league together is gonna be a lot of fun. And speaking of his friends, best girl, is she and Ye actually dating each other or were they just playfully flirting there
Jun 17, 2017 9:49 PM

Jan 2016
I'm glad he decided to make a team with his friends <3 (or at least the one he usually plays with)

I really enjoyed this series. Can't wait for second season! :')
Jun 17, 2017 9:49 PM
Nov 2010
hellogarry said:
12 episode is just not enough. I was not that impressed to be honest. This is really just an advertisement nothing more.

Season 2 is probably not gonna happen. If it does I just hope it covers more.

It's confirmed to happen in 2018 :)
Jun 17, 2017 10:23 PM

Dec 2014
Great finale.

I loved the part where Su Mucheng was sleeping on Ye Xiu's shoulders. That was such a sweet scene. <3

Shaotian hinting that Ye Xiu should form his competitive team with the members he's gathered, that was nice and I would totally love to see Grim compete with his current squad.

So Grim runs into his old rival from his competitive days, the captain of Tyrannical Ambition's pro team. Their fight was really cool and the integration of their flashback into it was a very nice touch. I'd love to see more of Grim's past and how he came up in the World of Glory. I hope we get to see some of the old competitive matches in the future.

Overall, the best if not the only good Chinese anime I've seen till date. The story is nice and the take on video game culture and E-sports is also pretty cool to see. Characters are really likable and kinda charming in a way, I totally ship Ye Xiu and Su Mucheng. The action was seriously awesome and I love the trash talk that happens during the fights. As a whole, this was a really enjoyable and entertaining series and I do hope to see more. Really looking forward to seeing Ye Xiu make a name with his new team in the competitive Glory world.

9/10, can't wait for S2.
Jun 17, 2017 10:40 PM
Jun 2017
eien_kiseki said:
Lemon said:

Dreamy.

LOL I'm about to start reading the novel now that's a nice image to take with me. I always knew the anime beautified characters so they fit more in line with mainstream's expectation of handsome and accomplished people. Still hilarious now I'm looking forward to reading the novel even more to discover what else the anime corrected xD.

imo that scene is far in the future when xiu is actually making a comeback to pro scene that is his new jacket..
Jun 17, 2017 11:29 PM
Dec 2016
A disappointing and forgettable series. I hope s2 will never come out.

2/10
Jun 17, 2017 11:29 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
How can people work as gamers? Plot hole more like no plot. Give this a 7 for art.
Jun 17, 2017 11:51 PM

Dec 2016
wangdonghu said:

I realized what Ye Xiu said "rest for 1 year, then go back" his talkin about 2nd season is he?
Jun 18, 2017 12:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, yet another fascinating episode to end things off the first season. Highlights of the episode, in my opinion include the scene between Su Mucheng sleeping on Ye Xiu's shoulder during the first half and the exhilarating fight between the great two rivals, Han Wenqing and Ye Xiu, coupled with the glimpses of their past. 👌
By the way, rumors say that season 2 will be out in early 2018 with a different company in charge.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 18, 2017 12:11 AM

Jul 2015
xkazutox said:
How can people work as gamers? Plot hole more like no plot. Give this a 7 for art.

This is how
Jun 18, 2017 12:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, yet another fascinating episode to end things off the first season. Highlights of the episode, in my opinion, include the scene between Su Mucheng sleeping on Ye Xiu's shoulder during the first half and the exhilarating fight between the great two rivals, Han Wenqing and Ye Xiu, coupled with the glimpses of their past during the second half. 👌
By the way, rumors say that season 2 will be out in early 2018 with a different company in charge.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 18, 2017 12:42 AM
Jan 2017
A boring anime with uninteresting characters. Garbage. ~ 3/10 :/
Jun 18, 2017 12:48 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
xD Wow, that OCD eating...I would get a headache trying to eat everything so meticulously. Not going to finish the leftover sauces though? Jk.

Guess we'll be having another season.
Jun 18, 2017 2:04 AM
Dec 2015
Does anyone know if there will be a full version for the opening song? If so, when is the release date?
Jun 18, 2017 2:17 AM

Sep 2016
that duel while reminiscing old times were great. teasing for team building and esports part. I hope it's early 2018 not mid or late. fortunately, english translation of web novel is ongoing and still have like 3 years left (1 chapter/day), so I won't really miss this.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 18, 2017 2:22 AM

Nov 2011
Didn't realize it was the final episode until the end. My only complain about this is show is the abundance of characters that I couldn't remember and care. I only remember the main character's name and his teammate. It doesn't help that their name are chinese I guess.

Jun 18, 2017 2:50 AM
Jun 2017
Does anyone know where this ended in the manga?
Jun 18, 2017 3:43 AM
Aug 2015
Shaotian is right, Ye Xiu should build a team with Bun, Soft Mist, Yi Fan and Mucheng (and the guy with glasses that helped them in the previous episode). The battle against Tyrannical was great, I really liked the flash back, it was so epic!
And that ending with Ye Xiu with his new uniform!!

This is the first chinese anime I've watch and I loved it!!! It was interesting since it's not centered on characters trapped in a game but on e-sports, there were action, good characters... And this was a good episode for the final, I was so happy when I saw there'll be a second season!!! I look forward to it!!

This was really a good season, I enjoyed it a lot!! Even if there were some flaws in the animation, I think the art is really beautiful, the action scenes were well done, I also like the music. Characters are badass (Lord Grim, Bun, Shaotian, Wang Jiexi, Blue Rain's Captain...) In short, this anime is great! (Just sad we couldn't see Samsara's captain in action, but I hope it will be the case in the next season).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

62 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 17, 2022 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.