Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 10, 2017 3:51 PM
Jul 2017
DandereSuki said:
[ bit spoiler]

I first watch the anime
Now reading the novel.

MC, JUST PLEASE WILL YOU OOXX THAT GIRL, HER TOO, HER ALSO.

Man, why do u have to make everything about sex, cmon you're better than that!
Jul 10, 2017 5:50 PM
Jan 2017
SolonC said:

I mean, they didn't EVEN fukken KISS !
Jul 10, 2017 7:45 PM
Jul 2017
DandereSuki said:
SolonC said:

I don't wanna spoil anything but cmon, who told you they are a couple!
Jul 10, 2017 11:16 PM
Jan 2017
SolonC said:
DandereSuki said:

I don't wanna spoil anything but cmon, who told you they are a couple!

No one, I just want them to be.
Jul 11, 2017 8:03 PM

May 2012
Quite an intense battle in this last episode, but they really left it open for a possible second season I guess. In general this chinese cartoon wasn't all too bad I must say.

The pacing quite changed throughout this series and I personally did find that lacking as it was quite hard to actually keep interested 3 episodes after each other.

In general it was still a nice watch though!
Jul 14, 2017 11:42 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode like the others. Nice backstory about Han and Ye Xiu, I'm looking forward to seeing more things about them.
It's nice that Ye Xiu will form a team with his friends, I can't wait for second season!

Quanzhi Gaoshou was really a great anime! It is the first time I see an anime talking about Esport and I loved it. The animation was impressive, even more when you think that is a chinese anime, and OMG the OSTs are so catchy. The opening is one of my favorite of the season.
It's funny how Ye Xiu is confident when he plans something. Tang and Baozi were great characters too, but I wonder why Baozi always uses a brick during the fight >.<
Jul 16, 2017 6:21 PM

Feb 2013
This anime didn't go out with much of a "bang". There wasn't much point introducing a new character this late. Still, the fight was good, just like the rest of the episodes.

6/10 (above average) for good action.
Jul 17, 2017 8:36 PM

Feb 2014
To be honest, this anime is very empty.

It can be resumed just in action/battle scenes and breaking time records lol. Nothing more.

Well, at least the acions were well executed.

5-6/10
TechOtakuJul 17, 2017 8:46 PM
Jul 20, 2017 2:22 PM

Apr 2013
Trash.

2/10

asdfghjkl;qwertyuiop
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 22, 2017 10:20 PM

Jun 2013
A lot of people are guessing Lord Grim is Ye Qiu/Xiu

Germs_N_Spices said:
That's some hyper-realistic plates

Those dishes looked good.

I think this is the first Chinese Anime that I finished watching. I've started some other ones who but never finished them

This was a pretty good series and I hope to see more Chinese Anime series of different genres released in the seasons and years to come. I'm not really into the gaming genre but the plot of this series was pretty interesting and I'll watch the next season when it comes out.
臭い-
Jul 28, 2017 11:00 AM
Apr 2017
Awsome anime with strong male lead lead. Okk ending but perfect for season 2 . Hoping even more greater fights but of course ye xiu overpowering them. And also could be a bit more slice of life. Will love to see ye xiu and su mucheng together more often.
Aug 7, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at the chat.
I like how Ye Xiu knew what Mucheng wanted to do. They're meant for each other.
Leader is scared.
Ye Xiu going to get some food for his girl. Nice.
Ye Xiu look at Mucheng so passionately.
Oh snap! Mucheng asked if he wanted some and he accepted. AAAAAAAH!
Oh snap! Mucheng is leaning on him. She fell asleep where she felt most comfortable. AAAAAAAAAH!
Rou sees Mucheng sleeping on Ye Xiu.
She recommends Mucheng to sleep in her room, but Ye Xiu says "This is fine." AAAAAAAAAH!
lol at Mucheng hearing what he said.
They're watching footage of Lord Grim's group.
They're about to enter the game.
Dat beautiful Mucheng smile.
How dare those asshole prevent my qi zi, Mucheng, from leveling up. They'll pay!
Lord Grim is attacked.
It's him!
The fight has started.
Oh snap! Dat fist. More reinforcements.
It's him!
Oh shit! Ye Xiu and Han are going at it.
Han realizes its Ye Xiu.
Dat flashback.
Dat OP theme.
He's going to return!
Dat uniform! He's back! AAAAAAAAH!

Amazing end to an amazing season. Can't wait for Season 2. Until then, I'll miss you, Mucheng. You're so perfect.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 13, 2017 5:16 PM

Jan 2013
I just don't get why is this so highly rated in MAL, but it's just an offense for anyone who has ever played an MMO, even SAO or Log Horizon is better than this. Totally not going to watch second season
Aug 16, 2017 6:08 PM
Oct 2016
Just a small not of appreciation on the writing - I really enjoyed how malleable a lot of the relationships were. Motivations weren't force fed in primary color tones but were far more nuanced - aside from the main backstabbing rivalry - everything else was fantastically portrayed "human". What could be a rival today could be a friend tomorrow - etc.

I also really loved the whole layered aspect of who knows what about Ye Xiu. His old teammates and rivals know the truth to one extent or another. A level below them suspects, a level below that thinks he's just really good - then his boss thinks it's all luck. Meanwhile her biggest idol is taking shit from her with a shrug and a smile.

All fantastic setups for big payoffs later.

Some of the best characterization I've seen in a while and was pleasantly surprised.
Aug 17, 2017 12:37 AM

Apr 2009
They finally made a team and lived happily ever after. Amen.

7/10 Nothing to complain about.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 5, 2017 11:47 PM

Jul 2015
pls get a second season and not be another one of those that are supposed to get one but don't .-.
Sep 6, 2017 10:26 AM
Apr 2017
Turttrise said:
pls get a second season and not be another one of those that are supposed to get one but don't .-.

Season 2 got delayed till 2019.

The All-stars weekend OVA will come out on May 2018.

Leaked OVA trailer (fancam recording):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2Bwo01tqg

Official OVA trailer 1 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuAxj8e8l3s

Sep 6, 2017 5:29 PM

Jul 2015
fireTrickster said:
Turttrise said:

Season 2 got delayed till 2019.

The All-stars weekend OVA will come out on May 2018.

Leaked OVA trailer (fancam recording):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2Bwo01tqg

Official OVA trailer 1 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuAxj8e8l3s

Ah well at least it should be coming
Sep 8, 2017 7:59 PM

Sep 2011
Dammn that conclusion was crazy!
Sep 9, 2017 4:52 AM

Dec 2012
Need mooooooore SEASONS!

Oct 23, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2012
wtf how did he go to a tournament n win n still be anonymous?
Dec 2, 2017 7:54 PM

Nov 2012
Question: How far are they into making the second season? I know the next season should come out in 2018, but I've been reading the light novel and Steamed Bun just came back and he cracks me up, so I googled pictures of him. Spoiler, I found pictures of him meeting Ye Xiu and Chen Guo (in anime style), what is like 400 chapters after the end of the anime.
Jan 23, 2018 7:33 PM
Jan 2017
Overall this anime was really good. I really liked the action, the dramatic story from the start. And the whole concept of a big league gamer starting from scratch to rise back to the top. Very good I'd give it a 9.5/10
Feb 18, 2018 8:57 PM

Sep 2013
Hmm...it just kind of ended.

6/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 21, 2018 8:46 AM

Mar 2016
ehhh, what this series really needs is a redeeming second season
Mar 15, 2018 6:10 AM

Mar 2015
Introducing new characters at the very end.. grr.

Overall a solid 7/10, not so bad but it didn't shake me to the core either.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 27, 2018 1:29 AM

Aug 2017
Does anybody know why I can't seem to add the light novel to my list? It just says 'pending approval' and has been like this for a while.
Apr 4, 2018 11:32 AM

Sep 2011
Damn I want to see Ye Xiu with his new team. Can't wait for 2nd season.

Sep 12, 2018 8:33 PM

Mar 2012
Definitely took a couple of eps to get used to Mandarin but honestly pleasantly surprised by this. one. A little silly with its depictions of gaming pro scenes but entertaining

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 12, 2018 10:02 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very nicely done anime. It was true to its genre from the beginning and didn't try to be all things at once. The CG blend was appreciated for some extra sparkle and the characters just kept getting better along the way. The villains weren't so odious as to be terrible just sort of annoying as some folks are in real life. Good stuff...8/10 and looking forward to another season.
Oct 6, 2018 12:01 AM

Oct 2013
I finally got time to catch up with this. OMG. After watching this, SAO is really nothing interesting. LOL...
I like the drawings and effects. And the technique and strategy of each battle in each episode.

Now on to the movie...
Dec 25, 2018 12:39 PM
Dec 2018
Nggak sabar rilis Season 2 nya
Jan 3, 2019 5:58 AM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't want the MC and Mucheng to be a couple? Manager is a much better choice for him!
Jan 27, 2019 2:59 AM
Dec 2009
xkazutox said:
How can people work as gamers? Plot hole more like no plot. Give this a 7 for art.

Have you played competitive games like Dota 2, LoL, etc?

China especially has a lot of pro gamers and even has academies for Dota 2. They offer wages and stuff. You should probably do your research.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Feb 1, 2019 5:48 PM

Aug 2017
So, Ye Qui was gathering an Esport team. Han's rivalry with him is fun to watch.

I think that the show is good. The characters here aren't very memorable and some episodes have inconsistent pacing but some of them grow thanks to Ye Qui. The animation is decent despite some bad CGI. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 12, 2019 8:08 AM

Mar 2016
Ye Xiu has finally begun to think about starting a team with his own party members! That's interesting...
The post credit scene literally showed their team's matching uniform!

This boxer captain has only been shown in a few scenes, yet his 1v1 against Lord Grim + their brief relationship from the past actually made their fight one of the most memorable ones out of all the fights in this show so far. The OP playing during their duel was a nice touch too.

This show's first season holds potential for a broader story and event to unravel, I myself never read the novel, but there's 1 huge difference between this story and other stories related to video games... That is the fact that this story focuses more on how a pro-e-sport player, Ye Xiu live his life after being cast out of his own team. That alone deserves applause, the slice-of-life aspect itself felt realistic.
There's many great and flashy animation during the fights but you know what? Honestly, most of the fights are either not very impactful (lack of backstory when fighting actual pro players) or not very satisfying (constant horde ploughing gets tiring after a while). Jokes (not all) are horrible, but mostly due to the fact that I probably don't understand them.

But damn, if I have to say one thing that's very noticeable in this show is the attention to detail for the gaming peripherals being used, such as the Logitech g903 and especially all those racing-type gaming chairs!

Jul 31, 2019 10:53 AM
Jul 2019
Well, another anime I watched with a very awkward ending! After finishing Berserk I felt empty and filled the gap with Quan Zhi Gao Shou.

I fell in love with the atmosphere of the infamous internet café and the laughable, but loveable characters.

The story didn't feel as strong as it could have been. The main character didn't seem to have a very strong drive or arc in this solo-season. I can only hope for the next season to push them even further! After watching it, you can see where the story is going to head and I can't wait for the following seasons. Bring it on!

7/10
Feb 2, 2020 7:02 AM
Mar 2018
Men talking with their fists-I am a big fan of this troupe so I was very happy to see the fight between Ye Qiu/Desert dust and the Ye Xiu/Desert dust. They made things very interesting. I rewatched this in preparation for the upcoming season and now I feel unfulfilled. I am headed back to the drama and if that won't do it, back to the light novel.
Mar 29, 2020 10:22 AM

Aug 2018
I hope second one will be nice.
Jun 1, 2020 2:03 AM
Aug 2018
Lol just want to say that my yaoi mind can't help but ship everyone. Im fucked up.
Jun 27, 2020 2:00 AM

Aug 2012
Well, this was boring as fuck.
Jul 8, 2020 7:00 AM

Aug 2016
Boring "story", OP MC, no development of the main characters.

Waste of time 4/10 (for visuals).
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Jul 22, 2020 10:56 AM

May 2015
Kind of meh. 5/10 at best.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 29, 2020 9:55 PM

May 2013
This donghua was surprisingly so good Q~Q

God Ye's dark hair is so sexy and intimidating <3 <3 <3 I wish he had his old chara back, but the new one with the umbrella wep is awesome too :D

The fighting scene animations were AMAZING! And I liked the food as well.
Loved Mucheng falling asleep on Ye Xiu's shoulder. THEY. ARE. SO. FREAKIN. ADORBS!!!

Some characters were introduced and then nothing much happened with them :3 like the ice cream model. Wasn't he supposed to be Gun King or whatever?

Great series nonetheless 8.5/10
Will def watch S2
May 18, 2021 10:59 AM

Apr 2018
The flashbacks were amazing, friends becoming rivals and meeting them again.
The end of the episode was so good, Our MC with his new team clothes.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 27, 2021 4:04 AM

Dec 2008
This is such a weird anime to rate
I did enjoy watching it but I can't in good conscious say that it had a good story
I have no idea who the characters are, I have no idea about the game works, there are no stakes in the story, no tension, it's stale even during the exciting parts.
On the other hand, Ye Xiu is just smug enough to be hot, some fight sequences are pretty nice and character interactions are okay.

I'd give it 6/10
Aug 26, 2021 3:17 PM

May 2015
This was an interesting series. I'm glad I gave it another shot. I originally dumped it after episode one cause I couldn't stand the Chinese but after coming back to it I've gotten used to it.

It did feel most of this season was just chill playing. I have heard that season 2 is the tournament one.

I really like the OP of this series and that final fight with the OP playing in the background was pretty nice. It felt like there was some history between the two. Most of the characters in this series I kind of just forgot about after they were introduced cause it still is a bit more difficult to keep up with when its Chinese. But it was a nice watch.

I'm imagining season 2 will be having the MC in more tough situations rather than being a god like he is in this season.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 3, 2022 6:28 PM
Apr 2020
best show like no joke
haikyuu was good but this shit is even better
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM
Oct 2019
yet another rival is introduced. literally impossible to keep track. this one is the biggest, baddest rival yet apparently

dude seriously never thought about creating a team with the band of misfits he had been putting together? i find that so hard to believe. that was his life for a decade. of course he was thinking about it. because they're already a team, they just aren't pros. i really want to see them all get together, too. the two non-stop talkers (pk pk pk, what's your star sign?), the two ladies, ghostblade, and the strategy wiz noob. that makes 7 players

episode 11 was PERFECTION. this series overall is good (not great). 7/10
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

62 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 17, 2022 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.