Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2017 9:16 AM

Feb 2016
@BenMS Ah I dont know why...
But that scene when Mikasa and Eren had really intense conversation and titan behind them was so "NOW KISS" :D
Jun 17, 2017 9:17 AM
Oct 2013
Click

This scene though D:
Jun 17, 2017 9:21 AM

May 2012
The ape titan is Eren's dad bruh! I'm sticking to that theory! I swear its him!

Great last episode and great season 2! I actually loved this season more than season 1. The fights and all were cool, but the mystery and secrets is what grabbed my attention this time a round.

R.I.P.Hannes. I wonder why Eren couldn't transform tho? For a second I thought Miskasa was going to tell him that she love him. She def was going in for a kiss.

Now what the fuck was that power Eren was using? Does it have to do with the heart that glows in the opening? Are all the titans connected to this big network and Eren or the ape titan has control over it?

So many questions! Can't wait for season 3.
AntearionJun 17, 2017 9:27 AM
Jun 17, 2017 9:24 AM

Sep 2014
That final shot with the "camera drone" was epic af
Jul 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
RIP Hannes, he wasn't really a major character and he didn't get a lot of screen time, but he'll be missed.

Pretty good and action-packed finale, and it's great to see season 3 was confirmed. Now hopefully all the entitled crybabies who complained about this season's episode count in relation to how long the wait was will shut the fuck up.

I posted this in the thread of the S3 announcement, but I'll post it here as well:

IMPORTANT FYI FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN’T LIKE THE SECOND SEASON BECAUSE THERE “WASN’T ENOUGH ACTION” AND “TOO MUCH TALKING”: Don’t even bother watching the next season. The arc the next season (or the first half at least, if it's 2 cour) will cover is probably the most dialogue heavy arc in the entire series, and you won’t be getting a lot of the mindless, flashy action that you crave. The focus shifts away from Titans for a while, and instead the arc focuses more on inner political turmoil. So again, if you didn’t like the second season because of the bullshit reasons above (nothing but action would be more boring, in my opinion, and we kind of need that “pointless talking” to answer our questions and you know…..develop the damn story and characters), next season would be even worse for the action junkies. Let’s face it though, the people that this post applies to are going to completely ignore this warning and watch season three anyway, and then they’ll complain week after week after week despite the fact that I, and probably many others, warned them about the nature of the upcoming arc.

I really wish the people you're speaking of would heed your warning (and many others') and stop watching the anime altogether. But as you said, of course it won't happen. They will ignore the warnings, watch it anyway while expecting mindless action, get disappointed because of their meaningless, misplaced expectations, and start flooding the episode discussion threads with pitiful comments. Normal days in MAL.
As for the episode, it was fantastic. I adore how this anime does justice to the manga. There were some skipped dialogues and scene obviously, but the way they edited it in their constricted time works perfectly.
Cannot wait for season 3. I hope it would be 2 cours as the uprising arc and the one after it would flow and fit perfectly together, but it seems doubtful.

Nov 2015
I hope season 3 will be a 2 cours anime <3
Jun 17, 2017 9:25 AM

Mar 2014
I knew this was gonna be a fantastic end to the season when I saw Historia's scene

Loved every second of it and sad I won't see anymore this year, but at least we have season 3 to look forward to now!
Jun 17, 2017 9:26 AM
May 2016
Man, just finished, this episode was movie-quality, so damn good. Fantastic season, miles better than season 1. Ymir and Historia were amazing characters, same with Bert and Reiner.
Jun 17, 2017 9:26 AM

Nov 2013
Antearion said:
Why would Eren's father kill people though.
Jun 17, 2017 9:27 AM
Mar 2017
S3 2018 Thank god we dont have to wait 4-5 years :D
Jun 17, 2017 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Nou-Tan said:
I hope season 3 will be a 2 cours anime <3

already confirmed. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1628820
Jun 17, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
Gyappu said:

I really wish the people you're speaking of would heed your warning (and many others') and stop watching the anime altogether. But as you said, of course it won't happen. They will ignore the warnings, watch it anyway while expecting mindless action, get disappointed because of their meaningless, misplaced expectations, and start flooding the episode discussion threads with pitiful comments. Normal days in MAL.
As for the episode, it was fantastic. I adore how this anime does justice to the manga. There were some skipped dialogues and scene obviously, but the way they edited it in their constricted time works perfectly.
Cannot wait for season 3. I hope it would be 2 cours as the uprising arc and the one after it would flow and fit perfectly together, but it seems doubtful.

Doesn't seem so doubtful after seeing this promo for season 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jzElmpJeM
:3
Jun 17, 2017 9:30 AM

May 2012
Botato said:
Antearion said:

Maybe its not to kill people. Maybe he was working on humans turning into titans and was trying to figure out how people can turn into titans and then revert back into human form. Maybe that's what he injected into Eren in season 1. That's my theory at least.
Jun 17, 2017 9:32 AM

Nov 2013
Antearion said:
Botato said:

Maybe its not to kill people. Maybe he was working on humans turning into titans and was trying to figure out how people can turn into titans and then revert back into human form. Maybe that's what he injected into Eren in season 1. That's my theory at least.
He made titans eat that random scout after stealing his equipment o.o
Jul 2015
alpha_shadow said:
Gyappu said:

Doesn't seem so doubtful after seeing this promo for season 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jzElmpJeM

Well I'll be damned. If those pictures are any indication, season 3 will probably be the best yet. (25 episodes of pure enjoyment for non-mindless watchers & fans).

Feb 2014
Everybody like Shingeki no Kyojin!!! But Im with Reiner coz he has too much on his hands as a warrior.
Believe in Reiner!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 17, 2017 9:34 AM

Oct 2011
Season 3 to come :) And it'll have to be 24 episodes otherwise there's no way they'll be able to cover the entire arc up to the reign of the Survey Corps (at least I remember it being rather long)

Jun 17, 2017 9:34 AM

May 2012
Botato said:
Antearion said:

See that's what I'm saying. He has the power to control other titans just like Eren. If not his father then some related to him? Or can anybody do this ability?
Jun 17, 2017 9:35 AM

Sep 2015
Eren Yeager command you KILL ALL THE TITANS
Into the Internet!
Jun 17, 2017 9:36 AM
Oct 2013
SenpieX said:
I haven't read manga but who was this guy at the end??

Same glasses as eren's father O.O

If you try and look closely, its possible that it's actually Hohenheim from FMA, and is collecting tons of lives for his stone and next arc might possible an AoTxFMA crossover.
Jun 17, 2017 9:37 AM

Oct 2011
Antearion said:
Botato said:

See that's what I'm saying. He has the power to control other titans just like Eren. If not his father then some related to him? Or can anybody do this ability?

Jun 17, 2017 9:41 AM

Jan 2017
Best fukin episode of all anime!!! Just amazing, and the last fukin moment,

This episode has saved the whole season!!!

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJun 17, 2017 10:59 AM
Jun 17, 2017 9:42 AM

Aug 2015
Shingeki no Kyojin is a hard work to judge because season 1 had given me a good impression and I had so many expectations for this new season, especially since it would adapt my favorite arc
Personally I didn't feel the same atmosphere type "end of the world" in the anime. The dialogues were inserted at untimely moments where the staff should have focused on action. (Episode 11)
Ironically, the secondary characters were entitled to a longer screen-time than the main ones. It didn't bother me but I thought it was better in the manga.

Overall, the animation was satisfactory despite all the reviews I read. I hope that season 3 can improve the pace that I found particularly slow in some episodes. (Episodes 8-10) And then I'd like the adaptation to produce something more... ambitious and brings its own touch of originality, rather than being a pale copy of the manga.

7.5/10 (I hesitate between 7 and 8)
TuyNOMJun 17, 2017 9:45 AM
Jun 17, 2017 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
What a great ending! At least they confirmed a 3rd season, so no more 4 years waiting xD
I stopped reading the manga when that Titan had eaten Erwin's arm, so this ending was a total surprise.
So Eren apparently can control Titans woooooow xD That moment was so epic when he send all those titans to Colossal Titan!
So now i think it's the perfect moment to resume the manga xD
Can't wait for 2018!
10/10

P.S- Almost forgot to mention that moment between Eren x Mikasa <3.
R.I.P Hannes :(
AivanKJun 18, 2017 4:21 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 17, 2017 9:44 AM

May 2012
uzee said:
Antearion said:

Naw I'm not reading no spoilers. I wanted to be surprised.
Jun 17, 2017 9:48 AM

Aug 2015
Uuuhhh.. that last shot of the beast titan was so sexy. Mhh, no, actually this whole episode was sexy.

Jun 17, 2017 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
Antearion said:
Botato said:

Even if controlling titans somehow confirms it's his father, again why would he kill that soldier. And why did he attack the ruined castle when he noticed there were people there.

Also Ymir pointed out Reiner and Bert know the beast titan and implied they're in league with him. But we know those two are responsible for breaking the wall. Why would Eren's father be part of any of that. It just doesn't add up.
Jun 17, 2017 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
itsyhy said:
SenpieX said:

If you try and look closely, its possible that it's actually Hohenheim from FMA, and is collecting tons of lives for his stone and next arc might possible an AoTxFMA crossover.
Wow, you are absolutely right! Cannot wait for the Homunculus Titan to appear!
Jun 17, 2017 9:55 AM
Jun 2017
BTW I didn't expect myself to crying, but when Mikasa started crying I couldn't hold my tears Imao

I'm too excited for season 3 😎😎😎😄
Jun 17, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2012

Holy shit wrong Anime Charakter at the end :D

Jun 17, 2017 9:58 AM

Mar 2016
Like Boku no Hero Academia, Attack on Titan is just a fantastic adaptation of the source material...
This episode was awesome and the finale... That wasn't on the manga but... good they put it! Season 3 will be the best ever...

SenpieX said:

I can tell you he will a major player in Season 3 and who he is will leave you gaping your mouth... Nothing more than that 'cause would be major spoiler!
Jun 17, 2017 9:59 AM

Nov 2014
Amazing episode, got chills so many times. Can't wait for season 3!
Hi there
Jun 17, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2016
So this whole time, the Beast Titan's true identity was actually Von Hohenheim.

That explains everything.
Jun 17, 2017 10:02 AM

Jan 2016
Dammit Mikasa deserves someone better then Eren, he doesn't even look twice at her. Although him telling her he will wrap the scarf as many times as she wants around her and carrying was adorable asf.

Hannes death had more impact in the anime, which was good cause I didn't feel anything when reading the manga.

Well that's the end of an anime which surpasses it's manga counterpart. Yes normally the manga is better but in Attack on Titans case the anime is surperior.
Jun 17, 2017 10:03 AM

Nov 2012
HOLY CRAAAAP!! THIS WAS PERFECT!!

-I was a little scared of them stretching things in the first part, but no, this was very satisfying.
-Eren practically tearing the flesh off his hands was painful to watch, then using his new screaming powers was top notch animation. That titan's death was really brutal.
-Mikasa's confession T_T Can't help but wanting to hug her. Damn you, Crunchyroll, in the LatAm spanish version when Eren responds to Mikasa he says "Te la pondré las veces que quieras" which can also mean "I'll put it in you as many times as you want" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I couldn't help laughing.
- Hannes lasted a bit more in this version, we'll miss you nevertheless :C
- They basically stopped at Erwin's creepy laughing scene, I was expecting that, as the season needed some confirmation of the discoveries made so far.

What is even going to be fixed in the blu rays? I can't think of many things as opposed to season 1.
YAAAAY season 3 confirmed for 2018!!! *¬*

5/5
My season score went from 9 to 10 with this episode, it lived up to the hype.
kchorrex2012Jun 17, 2017 10:56 AM
Jun 17, 2017 10:07 AM

Jan 2017
is this the 12th episode, nooooooo....
why, oh why?

why d'you die for hannes, this is why you shouldn't be makin' heroic speeches but exit just as fast... so bye hannes; i liked you, now i don't
bloody poetic historia was.. did you see her movin through the air

is that mikasa's idea of a confession... OH SHITE, it does seem that way
'muad tings' (mad stuff) from eren

what's with the creepy music tho
i just realised armin cant die since he's the guy that's narrating the story. and unless they change him this means that he is explaining the story after being the survivor of what has transpired

eren's now taken the burden of shouldering everything
-control titans
-take a wall
-kill reiner
etc. etc.

that, to me, is saying that "yep, well i'm gonna die through this"

can eren still transform or what... gonna read AoT as soon as i've cleared my 'plan to read'
but i hope the make a third season asap
Jun 17, 2017 10:08 AM

Sep 2013

Mikasa is so cute.
Jun 17, 2017 10:08 AM
Jun 2017
Why did Erwin smiled in the last scene?
Jun 17, 2017 10:10 AM

Apr 2009
Am I really the only one who felt the whole Ymir and Historia thing was a bit too much?

Honestly they came out of nowhere and felt a bit like i didnt care about their story, if they are meant to be a big part of the story they shouldve been introduced earlier.

Out of nowhere they focus on these characters, seemed random to me and i didnt care.

Thats my only downside on this season.
Jun 17, 2017 10:10 AM

Dec 2016
Ok guys cya next year :cry:
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jun 17, 2017 10:11 AM

Dec 2016
btw it wasnt the best episode , from far ... someone know if , in mangas , there is the history after this?
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jun 17, 2017 10:12 AM

Oct 2013
Loved the scene with Erwin and Levi. Two of my favourite characters and it was fun to see them disagree in a scene. Up until now they kind of felt like they were on the same page for everything.
Jun 17, 2017 10:13 AM

Jan 2017
itsyhy said:
SenpieX said:

is that likely, those worlds seem so different; unless youre bein' sarcastic; in that case I get what you mean (no, i really don't, i need to rewatch fma to understand you heh heh)
Jun 17, 2017 10:17 AM

Jul 2015
10/10
wow , that was really a long time i didnt give 10 lol

See you next year
i will miss this anime so much

Jun 17, 2017 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty great season, not as good as season 1 tho.

Would rate it 8/10.
Jun 17, 2017 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
IncognitoUser said:
Why did Erwin smiled in the last scene?

read the manga and you will know why
Jun 17, 2017 10:26 AM

Feb 2008
Your drunk face, your contribution as a garrison, and your utmost concern about Eren, Mikasa & Armin will always be remembered...

Good bye Hannes, you've done well :'(((

Also, good luck in avoiding spoilers from excited manga readers while waiting for Season 3 dear innocent souls :3
Jun 17, 2017 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Gdesu said:
Am I really the only one who felt the whole Ymir and Historia thing was a bit too much?

Honestly they came out of nowhere and felt a bit like i didnt care about their story, if they are meant to be a big part of the story they shouldve been introduced earlier.

Out of nowhere they focus on these characters, seemed random to me and i didnt care.

Thats my only downside on this season.

Trust me, there's more to this than it meets the eye.
Jun 17, 2017 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
What a reveal: Eren can control titans! And they fiigured out that titans are humans. So this was season 2. A great season! And 3rd season is confirmed!
Jun 17, 2017 10:28 AM
May 2016
I can't praise this anime enough. I personally think it deserves an audience as huge as GOT. It lives up to all its hype. What an amazing ending, stellar ending and so much emotions. The voice actor of Eren is so dope! I don't what to say, this is all too good. Waiting for season 3 🙌
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.