Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Sep 24, 2017 5:08 AM

Well there was certainly more talking, more fluff and wasted time in this season than in the first, but still I give this a 7/10 like season 1. I look forward to finally getting some damned answers in season 3 roflolmfao

Sep 24, 2017 8:53 AM
I have a big question. Why couldn't Eren transform to fight the smiling titan. In order for him to transform he needs to draw blood and have a clear goal in mind. So you would think that with all that rage and anger against the titans, especially the one that ate his mother iin front of him, that he would be able to to transform right there. But he didn't. Nothing happened.

Sep 27, 2017 1:41 AM
All I can say is OMG.
I loved this season. I watched all 12 episodes straight through.
There were times that I had to get up and pace because my excitement just couldn't be contained any longer.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]

Sep 27, 2017 1:43 AM
EstevanAnime said:
I have a big question. Why couldn't Eren transform to fight the smiling titan. In order for him to transform he needs to draw blood and have a clear goal in mind. So you would think that with all that rage and anger against the titans, especially the one that ate his mother iin front of him, that he would be able to to transform right there. But he didn't. Nothing happened.

This was already explained by Reiner. Eren won't be able to transform for a while because his body is at its limit.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]

Oct 9, 2017 3:38 PM

So, were titian's originally some weapons of mass destruction that just got out of control and then their creators were like "Oops, lets just go with the flow" or "Fuck it, lets just see where this goes.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.

Oct 17, 2017 2:37 PM

I liked the first season better :/

Oct 28, 2017 2:14 PM
Weaker season than the previous one,most of the talking in this season was not important unlike season one.
I gave first season 9 and this one 7.

Nov 3, 2017 9:58 AM
Maybe Eren is Alpha leader of Titan... I want to read manga version...Just curious

Nov 7, 2017 2:48 PM

>Christa being badass
marry me

Erwin being hardcore as ever was fully satisfying.

Looking forward to more glasses monkey dude (have the suspicion he could be Eren's father). And rip Hannes.

Nov 12, 2017 3:19 AM

EstevanAnime said:

it was mentioned before hes body was busy healing & at the time he can't transform

Nov 17, 2017 6:23 PM

It was really good second season. It's start might have been slow but that's story's fault... when we finally got to the great action in the second half, that was a treat. I watched the entire season (except first ep) in one go and yea, Titan's melee and my boy Erwin charging in.

Right I also completely forgot that this was where Hanes died so in this episode it was NOOOOO!

But overall truly, Shingeki is so much better in anime that I really would like to be anime only watcher but sadly the wait was too long. It's still great watch though and after I finally finished it I am surprised that second season didn't get even half of the attention that first season got.

I guess the two reasons for this was 1. the first episodes were too slow 2. no legendary opening this time.

Nov 17, 2017 11:14 PM

eso18 said:
It was really good second season. It's start might have been slow but that's story's fault... when we finally got to the great action in the second half, that was a treat. I watched the entire season (except first ep) in one go and yea, Titan's melee and my boy Erwin charging in.

Right I also completely forgot that this was where Hanes died so in this episode it was NOOOOO!

But overall truly, Shingeki is so much better in anime that I really would like to be anime only watcher but sadly the wait was too long. It's still great watch though and after I finally finished it I am surprised that second season didn't get even half of the attention that first season got.

I guess the two reasons for this was 1. the first episodes were too slow 2. no legendary opening this time.

You forgot the most important point. The 4 years wait.

Nov 20, 2017 4:51 PM
Can't wait until Season 3, the Uprising arc and Kenny Ackerman are both going to be amazing and this will definitely please all of the people who complained about Levi not getting enough screen time this season.

Dec 12, 2017 12:22 AM
SushiAnime said:
Can't wait until Season 3, the Uprising arc and Kenny Ackerman are both going to be amazing and this will definitely please all of the people who complained about Levi not getting enough screen time this season.

Highlight is still the Basement Arc

Dec 15, 2017 1:30 AM
I thought the character who saved the children in episode 1 died fairly early in the series (around S1 ep 5 or 6)? Kind of icy of Mikasa not to lend him a hand, but I'm glad we saw him face that titan again.

Onto the OVA's soon.

Dec 19, 2017 1:53 PM

Nine minutes into the episode all you can here is
"NO NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HANNES!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dec 19, 2017 2:32 PM
0217 said:
I thought the character who saved the children in episode 1 died fairly early in the series (around S1 ep 5 or 6)? Kind of icy of Mikasa not to lend him a hand, but I'm glad we saw him face that titan again.

The one who died was Thomas ine episode 5 if I remember correctly . He had blond hair that why you probably thought it is him

https://myanimelist.net/character/62483/Thomas_Wagner

Dec 21, 2017 3:35 AM
thepath said:
0217 said:

The one who died was Thomas ine episode 5 if I remember correctly . He had blond hair that why you probably thought it is him

https://myanimelist.net/character/62483/Thomas_Wagner

Just rewatched this episode recently, this is correct

Dec 23, 2017 5:42 AM

Hannes with the save.
Oh, Krista doesn't want to be called Krista anymore. Fine then.
Dat OST!
Look at Historia moving so elegantly in the air.
lol at Eren's hands.
Hannes!!! No!!!!!
Mikasa so pretty.
So they're having a moment while Hannes gets eaten in the background. Not sure how to feel about that.
Mother F'er! You made Mikasa shed tears.
Hold up! Was Mikasa about to kiss Eren then he just densely dodged it?
His hand is healed. Dat punch. They all felt it.
Wait...WTF! Dat Titan is attacking it.
Eren gained a new power?
The Titans are now attacking Reiner.
Ymir went back to help Reiner.
They're alive...and on the wall.
Erwin.
The Titans...are human?
Erwin's face.
Dat ending. The Beast Titan...with someone standing on it. Koyasu? AAAAAAAH!

And that was the end...for now. This season was good, but the 1st season was way better. Also a 4 year gap between seasons ruins momentum. With that said...I'll miss Mikasa and Historia. Also, I still miss Petra. *sheds tear*
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Jan 7, 2018 9:46 PM
originanime

Greatest finale ever!

Jan 11, 2018 3:37 AM

in the final scene we get a glimpse of a man with glasses on the (ape like beasts) shoulder, this man kinda looks like Erens father.

could it possible that the man on the titans shoulder was Erens father? if so that would explain a lot

does anyone else think this theory is possible?

Jan 11, 2018 4:27 AM

EagleEd said:
in the final scene we get a glimpse of a man with glasses on the (ape like beasts) shoulder, this man kinda looks like Erens father.

could it possible that the man on the titans shoulder was Erens father? if so that would explain a lot

does anyone else think this theory is possible?

Exactly my thoughts man. I think that the Beast titan also has some relevance towards Eren. Could be his brother that Eren never knew. Something like that anyway lol.
*insert cringey anime reference here*

Jan 21, 2018 8:16 AM

Finally they figured out that the titans are actually humans, but I really hope for more explanation in the next season.
Eren wasn't done regenerating so he couldn't change and now Hannes is dead and Reiner still alive. I was hoping we would be rid of Reiner at the end.

Jan 28, 2018 9:40 AM
so good so good..but what that silhoutte mean by "not yet,eh?!" :/ was he waiting for something with that beast titan.!!! :/goddamn fuck shit..cant wait for 3rd season!

Feb 2, 2018 10:31 AM

That ending was really thrilling. Can't wait for season 3.

Feb 11, 2018 8:14 PM

This season introduced many new questions to the backlog, but didn't provide much in the way of answers. It was very mystery-oriented, but ultimately feels like a glorified setup arc prolonged with great action scenes with the degree to which we were expected to just roll along with what was happening. The atmosphere, intensity, and captivating aspects didn't match the first season's, but were still very well done. The next season should definitely be interesting and hopefully bring resolution to at least some of the burning mysteries that have been thrown at us since the beginning.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Feb 22, 2018 2:27 AM
HANNES, NOOOO!! T.T Gahhh, I was crying when he got eaten by the titan because he died the same way Eren's mom died. :( He definitely had character development because, in the beginning, he froze seeing that smiling titan but now he didn't even hesitate...even though it ended with him dying. :( ugh, thinking about that scene just makes me so sadd!!

The Mikasa x Eren moment is just...no. Okay, so I understand why people ship them...maybe if they weren't introduced as "siblings", I would have shipped them too but because they gave that vibe since the beginning (mostly Eren since Mikasa is obviously in love with him), I just can't see it, I'm sorry!! I'm a Ymir x Krista shipper all the way though! ;) those two are so cute together, I just want them to make it official, ahh.

Lastly, what's in the basement?? I've been waiting since it was mentioned in episode 2 of season 1 (I think?) that Eren's basement holds the answers to how the titans came to be and all that and, since then, I've just been waiting for them to go to the basement already so we can all find out what exactly is in there!! Confession: I'm not a manga reader so I truly don't know what happens but I might have spoiled myself a few days ago just because my curiosity was killing me (the curiosity killed the cat, I knoww) and I have to say...I wasn't expecting that! But it doesn't really matter to me if I get spoiled or not because I would still watch it either way but now I'm just expecting it and can't wait to see it happen on screen!

Wooo, can't wait for season three being released later this year!! I would normally prefer to binge rather than watching it weekly but I just might have to do the latter in this case because I'm honestly so excited! I hope there's 20+ episodes but I'll be fine if it's around the same episodes as season two, as long as the content is good and relevant!! Fingers crossed the basement will be revealed in season three!!

Mar 15, 2018 1:21 PM

This season is done masterfully! The animation is fast and engaging, along with detailed and vivid visuals and the perfect synchronization of the sound effects and the BG music. Truly an outstanding second season with many revelations that only makes me more curious than ever!

Eren's power must've been the 'coordination] power that Reiner and Bertholdt were talking about. The power to control the Titans is definitely a plot-thickening subject. The beast titan was unsurprisingly controlled by a human...

Attack on Titan deserves a third season! ( I might start reading the manga)
Modified by ShadowkillZ_, Mar 15, 2018 1:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 5, 2018 3:17 PM

The season was great. But the episode was kinda weak for a final episode.
And it still left so many questions.

Apr 18, 2018 8:16 AM

I'm glad I waited until now before I started watching & just finished this season.

Seriously looking forward to season 3.

Oh, and that moment with Eren and Mikasa, beautifully done.

Found an interesting post with that scene on YouTube, which I totally agree with.

The reason why Mikasa decided to confess during that obviously very dangerous and grim moment is she thought that they were finally going to die, (seriously, like for real this time, no escape, no 3dm gear, no titan power to help them out of that fucked situation, if you don't count the coordinate power which eren didn't know he actually had that time) and she will never have the chance to do it. She wanted to comfort eren, convince him that he was actually not useless (like some people say). Eren NEVER was useless for me too. Then she leans for her first and supposedly LAST kiss for Eren, and Eren actually understood what Mikasa meant and what she was trying to do with that kiss, "she was giving up on life" with that kiss. This made Eren remember what her mother was telling her about also being always there for Mikasa, so if he accepts Mikasa's kiss then it would just mean that he was accepting their current situation, their fate, their inevitable death, and this would break his promise to his mom, contradicting what he always told Mikasa to never back down and fight. So he stood up, the kiss can always wait later, and this time he always be there for Mikasa.

Apr 22, 2018 1:35 AM

God damn that was so good. I watched these two seasons again in preparation for season 3 in the english dub and i felt even more satisfied than when i first watched it in sub form. Made me go from a 8/10 to a 9/10

The dub voice actors just nail it, especially that scene with Eren and Mikasa having their romantic moment at the end. God that almost made me tear up especially when you understand why Mikasa confessed there. Props to the funi cast. The last few episodes were phenomenal.

Also can i just say that the ost to this anime is fucking 10/10? probably the best anime ost i've heard.

Apr 25, 2018 10:14 PM

I thought SnK was overrated with S1, but this really caught my attention. S1 was 4 years ago so I don't recall too well, but I feel that story has gotten much deeper with so many "secrets."

That passion in Eren and Mikasa is really amazing to watch.

Really looking forward to that Season 3!

May 21, 2018 1:32 AM

Couldn't fucking wait for the 3rd season, so I watched the first two seasons again.

May 22, 2018 4:11 PM

It is definitely a masterpiece. But not as good as Season 1 was. Season 1 is an show to be remember even after decades. Probably the most close thing to perfection we ever had in anime. This season however, we will probably forget in 5 years at best. But still, it deserves a 9.5/10, but mostly because of stuff that we already now and love about the first season, like the really great direction, amazing soundtrack and superb animation

Nov 21, 2018 1:43 PM

I think season 1 was a little better, but only maybe because it was longer? this is all the same and I am not hyped for this anime. This would be better if made weekly shounen like Naruto.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

Jan 21, 5:14 AM

Me when Eren turned away from Mikasa while she was coming closer to him for a kiss
[NSFM]

But, yeah, that was not a very great place for anyone to have his/her first kiss and considering the number of people who've died, it's not a wise idea to ship anyone. XD

Whatever happens, happens.

Mar 21, 5:45 PM

AGAIN!!!! Survey cops died again because of Eren!!! grrrr I feel frustrated. I thought Erwin will be killed too.

And also they chase each other, I don't know why, but they waste a lot of soldiers for Eren. I like to see that they successfully go to Reiner's hometown, all the secrets of Titan can be revealed if they just let Eren to them.

And also, even if they hint Eren x Mikasa ship, I can't ship them. Eren doesn't seems care to Mikasa, Mikasa always chasing Eren, Eren doesn't care, he just help him when they were kids, after that. Nothing! Mikasa x Jean is more suitable.
まだまだだね ~

Apr 30, 10:34 AM

That was EPIC!
I'm glad that i finally decide to watched this anime <3

May 19, 4:10 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Kinda forgotten Hannes was going to die, since I read this arc so long ago.
They could have done his death a bit more dramatic though, aside that, another adaptation that kinda improves the source material, but that seeing this is as better as the first time you experience it.

(Historia is really darn cute, even turned Ymir in a lesbo lol)

Jun 8, 2:40 PM

I still dont really understand why Ymir changed teams 2 times here.

Overall the season was better than I remembered, they probably fixed quite a lot of shots for the BD
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Jun 10, 3:57 PM

aaah, shounen cheesiness. I sure didn't miss that. I still hate that constant flashback development that doesn't really add anything to the story.

This season was ok, worth rushing after years away from the anime. The "big reveal" scene was incredible and the highlight of the show, but nothing of note beyond that. Some episodes were almost entirely skippable. Now it's on to see if the hype of late is justifiable.

Jun 12, 1:06 AM

Satyr_icon said:
aaah, shounen cheesiness. I sure didn't miss that. I still hate that constant flashback development that doesn't really add anything to the story.

The whole ymir flashbacks or the conversation at the tree top connects to the story afterwards.

Jun 12, 10:21 AM

ThatShiny_Hex said:
The whole ymir flashbacks or the conversation at the tree top connects to the story afterwards.

eh, it's still blatant exposition, which doesn't help since they literally converge that with dialogue exposition to add insult to injury. That leaves nothing for the audience to figure out, like the whole Reiner confusion, which was an interesting touch until the show felt the need to openly explain that to me. Not really a fan of that.

Anyway, I was referring more to the Sasha episode with that part. It felt like a filler to slog through.

Jun 12, 10:36 AM

Satyr_icon said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

eh, it's still blatant exposition, which doesn't help since they literally converge that with dialogue exposition to add insult to injury. That leaves nothing for the audience to figure out, like the whole Reiner confusion, which was an interesting touch until the show felt the need to openly explain that to me. Not really a fan of that.

Anyway, I was referring more to the Sasha episode with that part. It felt like a filler to slog through.

Not a major spoiler but
Lmao even the girl that sasha saved becomes a major character and a plot point concerning her relationship with sasha during the events of what will be in season 4.

Jun 13, 11:16 AM

Stunning episode! Shingeki no Kyojin just has the perfect cliffhangers and this certainly is one of the top intense ones! Definitely enjoyed this a tad more during this rewatch over the initial whilst it was airing!

Mikasa’s near confession was very touching to see, mad props to Ishikawa Yui-sama for this! Eren’s “I’ll wrap this around you as many times as you want” is one of the most manliest replies I’ve seen in a long while too, and the combination of the two is just .. superb! And then Eren managing to unlock his Coordination ability just in the nick of the moment, Armin/Jean and countless others wouldn’t have survived even a couple more minutes jeez, was just the perfect pay-off! Great stuff! Ymir’s pat to Historia was very painful to see but it was both nice and stupid of her to let go of her life for the sake of the other two. But well, she understand them most apparently. Dat aside, Erwin’s wicked laugh there is a little too reminiscent of a certain someone who did the exact same this episode but yeah he’s totally right, it’s at least a step forward. And then that music kicking in followed by the quick ride to the Beast Titan was amazing! A huge mention to the Soundtracks this Season too and the Directing, they’ve been breathtaking! Including Ymir’s flashbacks for this season not only thickens the mystery but just blends in with the story so fabulously, it certainly made for a delight to witness! I’ve said this in the Episode 25 Discussion of the first season but it’s always a pleasure seeing the anime adaptions pull of something inventive and blow it out of the park!

Easily another solid 9.25/10! Had this season been longer, I would’ve felt more inclined to bump it up to a 9.4 (=> 10) but well it is what it is. Besides, the focus of the show changes so there’s that too. Time for the Recap Movies and Season 3!

Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

Preview MangaManga Store