Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2012
A sequel is not surprising at all. There is a ton of manga material left to adapt.
Jun 17, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
Amazing chapter!!! When eren commanded the titan was awesome o.o. even Reiner and Bertholh could feel it. I thought Eren and Mikasa would kiss there xD.
Jun 17, 2017 8:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Big Z just casually chilling on the wall lol, I love it

Great finale to such a great season (You better believe I'm rating this a 10 again lol) and finally the anime only's knows the significance of the word coordinate (Well I hope they do even though it was spelled out for them)

Next arc is going to be full of reveals and other cool stuff and if it's 2 cour (Which I'm hoping it is), the payoff for the next arc will please everyone since I can already tell how some people will react to it

RIP Hannes and RIP Smiling Titan....I can't even be happy or sad given what I know
TokoyaJun 17, 2017 8:13 AM
Jun 17, 2017 8:11 AM

Sep 2016
I haven't read manga but who was this guy at the end??

Same glasses as eren's father O.O
Jun 17, 2017 8:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
--Smoothie-- said:
I mean it went from 10 to 7 real fast on the last episode (imo) ... I just don't understand wtf happened, all of a sudden Eren goes from being a titan to controlling titans... ok.
It's quite simple.....Why do you think Reiner, Annie and Bertholdt were after Eren? That's literally what they were referring to every time they mentioned the word "coordinate"

Also, we've already seen an example of this ability from the Beast Titan at the start of the season too (Remember that because it all plays into the mysteries to come) so don't act like this is something that hasn't been built up
Jun 17, 2017 8:12 AM

Sep 2008
Great season, btw.
But it feels so short!
Every episode and whole season feels so short!
I waited so long for second season and we get like 12 episodes?
Not cool -.-

But... 3rd season confirmed?
YEAH! *.*
Please, don't make me wait too long for this!

Also, soundtrack... I must get it! *.*
Jun 17, 2017 8:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
SenpieX said:
I haven't read manga but who was this guy at the end??

Same glasses as eren's father O.O
Read the manga if you wanna find out lol....But I will say that he is a very significant character to this series
Jun 17, 2017 8:13 AM

Jun 2014
RIP Hannes, he wasn't really a major character and he didn't get a lot of screen time, but he'll be missed.

Pretty good and action-packed finale, and it's great to see season 3 was confirmed. Now hopefully all the entitled crybabies who complained about this season's episode count in relation to how long the wait was will shut the fuck up.

I posted this in the thread of the S3 announcement, but I'll post it here as well:

IMPORTANT FYI FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN’T LIKE THE SECOND SEASON BECAUSE THERE “WASN’T ENOUGH ACTION” AND “TOO MUCH TALKING”: Don’t even bother watching the next season. The arc the next season (or the first half at least, if it's 2 cour) will cover is probably the most dialogue heavy arc in the entire series, and you won’t be getting a lot of the mindless, flashy action that you crave. The focus shifts away from Titans for a while, and instead the arc focuses more on inner political turmoil. So again, if you didn’t like the second season because of the bullshit reasons above (nothing but action would be more boring, in my opinion, and we kind of need that “pointless talking” to answer our questions and you know…..develop the damn story and characters), next season would be even worse for the action junkies. Let’s face it though, the people that this post applies to are going to completely ignore this warning and watch season three anyway, and then they’ll complain week after week after week despite the fact that I, and probably many others, warned them about the nature of the upcoming arc.
thebrentinator24Jun 17, 2017 8:18 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2017 8:14 AM

Jan 2017
Eren's laugh actually sent chills down my spine. Brutal, oh so brutal.

Can't believe it's over already. Happy that we won't have to wait 4 years for the next season ~

“People may gain strength through doing things for the sake of another. But the one thing that will always ring true... whatever you do, never make it an excuse that you are doing it for the sake of another.” - Xerxes Break

Jun 17, 2017 8:15 AM

Sep 2016
@Tokoya I'll most likely read it soon because I can't wait for 2018 lol
Mar 2014
TenszNeumann said:
Amazing chapter!!! When eren commanded the titan was awesome o.o. even Reiner and Bertholh could feel it. I thought Eren and Mikasa would kiss there xD.

Yeah.... Eren x Mikasa 'ship' confirmed in the long run? :P

Tokoya said:
Big Z just casually chilling on the wall lol, I love it

Great finale to such a great season (You better believe I'm rating this a 10 again lol) and finally the anime only's knows the significance of the word coordinate

Next arc is going to be full of reveals and other cool stuff and if it's 2 cour (Which I'm hoping it is), the payoff for the next arc will please everyone since I can already tell how some people will react to it

S3 better be 2 cour t.T From the few I read up ahead on in the past to what is being hinted on this season... It's that much and probably explosive to anime-only, they can't properly do it in 1 cour.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)

Oct 2013
--Smoothie-- said:
I mean it went from 10 to 7 real fast on the last episode (imo) ... I just don't understand wtf happened, all of a sudden Eren goes from being a titan to controlling titans... ok.

That is attack on titan for you, things seems random at first, but in the end it will all make sense.
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a great and cool surprise the Eren did it!! This mean a lot, right?
Hannes did, is a poor, but in this anime the surivival is brutal, today you can be a one of the best characters, and the next week you are buried!!!kekeke

Thanks to the notice of the third season!!!!!

9/10 for this second season ;)
Jun 17, 2017 8:18 AM
Mar 2014
Tokoya said:
--Smoothie-- said:
It's quite simple.....Why do you think Reiner, Annie and Bertholdt were after Eren? That's literally what they were referring to every time they mentioned the word "coordinate"

Also, we've already seen an example of this ability from the Beast Titan at the start of the season too (Remember that because it all plays into the mysteries to come) so don't act like this is something that hasn't been built up

Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Jun 17, 2017 8:19 AM
Oct 2013
Damn, that scene with Barricades and Historia jumping in animation was A+.

A solid finale to the season. They rushed some post-battle scenes to end it with the 'big' reveal though.
Jun 17, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode and a really good finale to this season.

How the hell did Hannes block that titan's first swing with just his body? :O
Anyway, R.I.P Hannes, you fought well. :(

The Mikasa and Eren scene was brilliant and really poignant but throughout that entire scene it had this vibe that something huge was gonna happen. I had no idea what was gonna happen bit I least as hell didn't expect what happened. That was so awesome.

Anyway, based of this episode. The whole 'Coordinate' thing seems to be inclined to some kind of power to control Titans as Eren demonstrated. This also makes it seem like that instead of the Titans being an experiment gone wrong, it's more along the lines of weaponry. I'm just guessing but it seems very likely that the Titans were made to be controlled and used as a weapon. I think this makes a lot of sense as to why people who were arrested in the past were injected with the drug. To turn society's unwanted into weapons, Awfully clever of the Church. XD

That Erwin smile and final scene with ape titan. O.O

Overall, excellent followup to S1, the wait for all these years was worth it. Action was awesome, the gore was brutal and loads of new revelations and hints. I guess I can only keep theorizing until whenever they decide to reveal more information but I'm sure excited to know what the truth really is.

9/10, super glad they announced S3 for 2018.
Jun 17, 2017 8:21 AM
Dec 2014
I had kind of mixed feelings throughout the entire season (as an anime exclusive only watcher), but its definitely been worth the ride, and it finished quite strongly.

I am looking forward to season 3!

Felt a little bad about Mikasa getting stood up as Eren goes and be a hero, haha.
Jun 17, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2016
RIP Hannes, sometimes trying to be a hero doesn't pay off :/

I can't believe how fast these last couple of weeks went by.

This was like expected a great season and it had some awesome moments, but overall I prefered the first a bit more that's why I'm giving this one "just" an 8/10, it's a strong one, tho.

Of course I'm hyped for the third one too, the news that we will get one so soon is really a pleasant surprise. (Please God, let it be double cour.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 17, 2017 8:27 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Great end to this season. Though Hannes's death didn't affect me as much as it did in the manga (but that's probably because I'm seeing it for the second time), the handled and executed that scene perfectly. I can see why the opted for a 12 episode season, since it's better to end off with this arc that the political heavy next arc. That's not to say that the next arc is bad or anything (it's actually great), it's simply not ideal to end a season with a slower paced arc. The next season will most likely have the next arc and the one after that, so expect another 2-cour season later.

9/10
Jun 17, 2017 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
Holy shit. This was a great finale.

I'm started to understand this a bit with all the 'Coordinate'. But we still need more. That Erwin smile though, Levi was pissed. Erwin looks good with that stubble. That ape titan scene and the man in glasses. I got a feeling of who he might be.

RIP Hannes. AOT killing all those great characters. My heart can't take this anymore. I know it’s all great and that but geez… Hajime Isayama needs to calm the fuck down.

S3 announced for 2018. Forget that. Can't wait that long. I'm reading the manga.

Jun 17, 2017 8:29 AM

Jul 2016
Amazing way to end this series!

The visuals with Historia and the titans was amazing. The soundtrack this episode was so good, it sent chills down my spine. Then the animation for the Coordinate, just beautiful.

I'm really looking forward to season three, especially with the focus being on inner turmoil. I will say this to anyone who complained about the dialogue this season; there's a lot more next season. There will be some action, but not a lot.

Other than that though, this was amazing to see, especially since I decided to catch up to the manga while S2 was airing.
Jun 17, 2017 8:33 AM

Jun 2015
What an amazing finale. Eren controlling the titans was mind-blowing. It sucks Hannes died trying to kill the smiling titan. That was heartbreaking. Got to see the guy than controls the Beast Titan. That's very interesting. As short as this season was compared to the first one, it was still amazing. Very hyped for third season next year!
Jun 17, 2017 8:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
BenMS said:
Tokoya said:

Jun 17, 2017 8:35 AM

Mar 2014
damn that was an awesome finale. that moment when the titan ate hannes and eren started crying helplessly was very sad and impactful

i hoped that in this episode we would get to see the end of the beast titan, that guy is seriously giving me the creeps. and the guy on him in the end had similar glasses to eren's father but idk if that's important or trivial.

anyway i'm so glad that wit will give us s3 next year and i will be alive to witness it. i'm not interested solely in the action part of the series so politics could be quite intriguing (also fingers crossed there's more levi and erwin)
Jun 17, 2017 8:36 AM
Jun 2017
I really enjoyed this season although it was short. Awesome ending. Can't wait for S3 and so I will probably read the manga.

My question @mangareaders: Can I just start from the end of this season or do I need to read from Chapter 1? What would you recommend? Thanks in advance
Jun 17, 2017 8:37 AM
Aug 2016
A sublime finale! Loved the music and especially Kaji Yuki's voice-acting!

Really liked the season even though I wasn't all that looking forward to it. Goes to show the good work the studio did. Already looking forward to the next season, hopefully not years and years from now this time.
Jun 17, 2017 8:37 AM
Aug 2015
Good finale but as impressive as season 1. I liked this season 2 but...

Pros:
- good action
- lots of tragic deaths (sad for them)
- Sasha and Connie got more screentime
- Reiner and Bertolt transformation scene and their development
- Ymir's background
- the talk with Bertolt, Erwin's "sasageyo" and the whole fight (episode 11)
- the fight against Smiling titan with Hannes (with "Barricades") and everybody fighting titans
- good new ost ("Barricades", "Call of Silence", "YOUSEEBIGGIRL"...)
- animation, scenery...

Cons:
- the scene with Hange and Nick on the top of the wall (episode 1): it was better at the end of the second movie
- the lack of ost during some episode
- Ymir and Christa's talks at pratically each episode which became annoying. Too much emphasizes on Christa, making her look badass (episode 12) while she's absolutely not. I'm not saying they're not interesting characters, but their friendship is pissing me off because I liked Ymir better as a "bad girl" who only seems to care about herself and Historia's development is more interesting when Ymir is not around (I've read the manga). But together they're uninteresting.
- lack of Hange and Levi (lol)
- shi*** ending

So season 1 was 10/10
Season 2 is 9/10 maybe 8... but this is still my favorite series.
Jun 17, 2017 8:38 AM

Jun 2014
Leo_10 said:
S3 announced for 2018. Forget that. Can't wait that long. I'm reading the manga.

Chapter 51 is where you should start btw. The second half of the episode adapted some of that chapter, but a lot of things were skipped (like the first 16 or 17 pages, and most of Connie and Hange's conversation with Erwin, Levi, and Pixis).

@Brolex You can start at chapter 51. Like I said in the above part of this post, some of it was adapted but a lot of things were skipped.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2017 8:38 AM
Jan 2016
Brolex said:
I really enjoyed this season although it was short. Awesome ending. Can't wait for S3 and so I will probably read the manga.

My question @manga readers: Can I just start from the end of this season or do I need to read from Chapter 1? What would you recommend? Thanks in advance

You can start from chapter 51, but i would recommend reading from chapter 1. You won't miss many things, just a few details, butt they might prove to be big plot points later on.
Jun 17, 2017 8:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Brolex said:

My question @mangareaders: Can I just start from the end of this season or do I need to read from Chapter 1? What would you recommend? Thanks in advance
You can start from where this season ended if you want to
Jan 2016
Amazing season, excellent finale. Awesome in every aspect. 10/10 AoT s2 in my book. Better than S1.

Dec 2014
Wow, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Great episode, with all the despair before the revelation of Eren's power (that Coordinator thing), at a certain point I almost though Mikasa was going to die too, really happy it was not the case.

Finally we get to the discovery (obvious at this point) that Titan are transformed humans, interesting to see the different reactions from Levi and Erwin. Levi's feeling seems to be the most human of the two.

And most important: the guy at the end, controlling the Beast Titan.
I don't know who he is, since I haven't read the manga, but since I've seen him, I have an idea of who he could be. That hair color got me wondering if...
If I'm right, it's gonna be a big shock in the future.

Loved this season, 10/10 for me!
Great they announced season 3 for 2018!
Jun 17, 2017 8:41 AM
Aug 2016
Brolex said:
My question @manga readers: Can I just start from the end of this season or do I need to read from Chapter 1? What would you recommend? Thanks in advance

I think it's fine to continue from the end of the season if you haven't forgotten too much about what happened in the previous season.
I do recommend cheching out the OVA 'Ilse's Notebook' as that was an actual chapter in the manga.
Jun 17, 2017 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Yoooooooooo what a way to end the season! They actually made 'him' appear at the end.

Good to see that S3 already got announced and that they're not going to wait for a few years this time.
Jun 17, 2017 8:45 AM
Jun 2017
@thebrentinator24, @CrimsonGeek, @Tokoya, @AkiKitazawa,

thank you for your advice :) Really excited to find out everything about the story :P
Jun 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Jul 2013
They actually added the OST of the PV! It was the OST I wanted to hear the most, and it sounds really good! Based Sawano delivered it again.

I had the feeling Hannes was going to die, which sucks, since he was a cool guy. At least Eren avenged him (and his mother) with his new power up.
This season somewhat made me appreciate Misaka's beauty a lot more.
Poor Connie too.

I would be disatisfied if I wouldn't had read the announcement of the third season/second cour. Good grief Wit wouldn't troll as I believed it would.
The Beast Titan was a Titan Shifter after all... nothing surprising. Too bad his screentime was that short, he is so cool... Hope next arc would feature him (and Jean) more.

Was a good way to end the arc.
Jun 17, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
Hannes going all out toward that creepy-smiling Titan. And doesn't take long for Eren to see another people he known for long get eaten in front of him by that Smiling Titan. Wrapped it up with some encouragement from Mikasa, and done. Eren, you're now leveled up for the season.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 17, 2017 8:46 AM

May 2016
So, this season deserves a 7/10

Nice but too much boring moments
Jun 17, 2017 8:49 AM

Aug 2015
Great last episode. Can't wait for the 3rd season in 2018 <3
Jun 17, 2017 8:50 AM

May 2015
I was wondering when they would play the Barricades OST, and they did in the finale! I'm so addicted to this song <3.

That Eren and Mikasa moment was just fantastic, ugh. Felt better than the manga actually. Totally ship it now! Also, RIP Hannes. I miss this man already ;__;....

Can't wait for S3. 2018 is a long wait, and IIRC Wit has Koutetsujou no Kabaneri on the agenda as well in 2018, so yeah.... Just hoping there will be no more many delays this time, lol.

10/10.

Jun 17, 2017 8:52 AM

Jun 2016
9/10 (where S1 was a 7/10). This season was one crazy ride. I'm super stoked there will be an S3 at some point - Studio Wit is doing an amazing job with this series.
Jun 17, 2017 8:52 AM

May 2015
Hahahah YES! They showed him! So glad season 3 is next year too!
Jun 17, 2017 8:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
/quote]

I think you mistake, Eren can change this plot a lot of...
Jun 17, 2017 8:55 AM
Oct 2013
Wow, I actually read all the 94 chapters from the manga within this week, because I was so excited for the last episode >_<
And I'm glad I did!
I was almost crying when everything started going slow motin, Mikasa almost like saying goodbye to Eren (then he got up and Mikasa was like, dude, I was going to kiss you motherfucker) *sorry not sorry for this*
But really, I was almost crying because I knew what was going to happen and seeing this animated left me speechless.
I think that's one of the best adaptations from a manga. Didn't changed plot, characters, everything is the same as the manga, but animated.
I want to rate it 100/10!!
I can't wait for season 3 and can't wait to see the latest chapters animated, I'm in love with SNK!!!
Jun 17, 2017 8:56 AM

Aug 2012
It ends faithfully though I feel bad for Ymir

Can't wait for the next season "Uprising Arc"
Jun 17, 2017 8:59 AM

Sep 2014
Nice episode and ending for this season. Eren can control Titans and Reiner wanted him for this power. Many people died once again including Hannes. I rate it a 8/10 and nice to have a confirmed next season.
Jun 17, 2017 9:00 AM

Oct 2016
Awesome episode!!!!, i think that the first season was better, but this one was also great, i was waiting around 2 years to see this episode.
Jun 17, 2017 9:03 AM
Nov 2007
Felt disappointed. They dragged too long and in the end gave very little. The whole season could have been 6-7 episodes
Jun 17, 2017 9:04 AM

Oct 2013
Nothing better than when you watch an episode and you get so emotional and you have chill down your spine...Priceless!
Jun 17, 2017 9:05 AM
Dec 2016
That moment when Mikasa tried to Kiss Eren :'( but he just stand Up and acting like nothing happens

HOW could you be coo cruel :D
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.