Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jun 15, 11:19 AM
I noticed the score of TKA jumped from 8.19 to 8.28 in one day, what happened?

Jun 15, 11:25 AM
~ Nyan-chan ~

Not too sure but I'm probably going to guess it ended around China's end? Or not really and its just MAL fucking up a bit. Not too sure about this. But it would be understandable if it was like ending on the actual day that it was released without the English subs.

Jun 15, 11:28 AM
Symphyon said:
Not too sure but I'm probably going to guess it ended around China's end? Or not really and its just MAL fucking up a bit. Not too sure about this. But it would be understandable if it was like ending on the actual day that it was released without the English subs.

The final episode is not released yet. It will be released in about 10 hours.

Jun 15, 11:33 AM
~ Nyan-chan ~

lollideath said:
Symphyon said:

The final episode is not released yet. It will be released in about 10 hours.

Then its just MAL fucking up a bit again. Not surprised because some shows happen to have this where it gets an pump score a day before its end.

Jun 15, 11:34 AM

The 8 and the 9 rating probably took 1k vote each. That or MAL is pushing my buttons.

The anime is completed by 83 viewers though. Wonder if that's genuine and there are things happening on China's end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 15, 11:34 AM

The last episode that came out in this anime was very good

It's a rough answer, but you never know

Jun 15, 11:40 AM
LordKurtis said:
The last episode that came out in this anime was very good

It's a rough answer, but you never know

I am guessing it's MAL changing something. The last episode came out last Friday, and the official sub is not released yet. Doesn't make sense that new people suddenly rushed in and gave a ton of 9s and 10s yesterday.

Jun 15, 11:48 AM

I swear it's the same thread every end of season... When the status of an anime changes from "airing" to "finished airing", only the scores from people who have seen at least 1/5 of the anime will be taken into account. That means that all the people who dropped this after only watching one or two episodes, and logically rated it badly, don't count in the overall score of the anime anymore.
Hence the sudden variation.
Modified by HapHazrD, Jun 15, 11:55 AM

Jun 15, 11:51 AM
Time killer

lollideath said:

When the anime is completed, the mean score doesn't take into account the scoring of people who have watched less than 1/5 of the series.

Jun 15, 11:57 AM

HapHazrD said:
I swear it's the same thread every end of season... When the status of an anime changes from "airing" to "finished airing", only the scores from people who have seen at least 1/6 of the anime will be taken into account. That means that all the people who dropped this after watching a single episode, and logically rated it badly, don't count in the overall score of the anime anymore.

Oh that's actually fair. And also fairly problematic, given that the ones who usually finished a show is a fan who, frankly, is not going lower than 7. Compromises, I guess. The option with the least possibility for fuckups.

Ho boy...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 15, 12:20 PM

Are u all stupid? It's listed as COMPLETED.

That means everyone who didn't watch 1/5th of the show scored don't count.

That's why Shippuden got +0.4 score
I have yet to find a man who fapped more to anime than me. https://discord.gg/FjFP4jR

Jun 15, 1:45 PM
Reading rules is helpful

Jun 15, 2:20 PM
Takamura-sama said:
Are u all stupid? It's listed as COMPLETED.

That means everyone who didn't watch 1/5th of the show scored don't count.

That's why Shippuden got +0.4 score
don't be rude not everyone knows that shit you must be stupid to not take that in consideration
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made

Jun 15, 4:11 PM

HapHazrD said:
I swear it's the same thread every end of season... When the status of an anime changes from "airing" to "finished airing", only the scores from people who have seen at least 1/5 of the anime will be taken into account. That means that all the people who dropped this after only watching one or two episodes, and logically rated it badly, don't count in the overall score of the anime anymore.

0.0 I had no idea that's how it worked.

Jun 15, 4:17 PM
Ah, this also explains why the number of users who scored this anime dropped. It was originally about 15000 users before this change. Now it's about 12000. Means about 3000 people watched less than 3 episodes of this anime and rated it (since 1/5 of 12 episodes is 2.4).

Jun 15, 4:49 PM
not one day,actually half a day.
its 8.19 for several days.
6 days ago.its

20.2% (2908 votes)
26.3% (3788 votes)
28.6% (4123 votes)
14.6% (2113 votes)
5.0% (717 votes)
2.5% (366 votes)
1.2% (173 votes)
0.6% (83 votes)
0.4% (52 votes)
0.7% (103 votes)

when the score changed:
10分    (2908-3140 votes)+232
9分    (3788-4066 votes)+278
8分    (4123-4464 votes)+341
7分    (2113-2294 votes)+181
6分    (717-786 votes)+69
5分    (366-408 votes)+42
4分    (173-184 votes)+11
3分    (83-89 votes)+6
2      (52-57 votes)+5
1      (103-106 votes)+3

and "aring"→"aried"
Yestoday,one person replied 1-9ep discussion.

The last ep WILL BE online for about 4hrs in China.Idk why its "aired"

Jun 15, 5:18 PM
aaangelaa said:

when the score changed:
10分    (2908-3140 votes)+232
9分    (3788-4066 votes)+278
8分    (4123-4464 votes)+341
7分    (2113-2294 votes)+181
6分    (717-786 votes)+69
5分    (366-408 votes)+42
4分    (173-184 votes)+11
3分    (83-89 votes)+6
2      (52-57 votes)+5
1      (103-106 votes)+3

You can't take this into account because this one still includes all users who watched less than 3 episodes and rated.

As for the "aired" thing, I think MAL doesn't take into account the time, bur rather just the day according to JST.
Modified by eplipswich, Jun 15, 5:23 PM

Jun 15, 9:04 PM
HapHazrD said:

TuyNOM said:
lollideath said:

When the anime is completed, the mean score doesn't take into account the scoring of people who have watched less than 1/5 of the series.

Ahh, thank you. I was guessing it's related to the status of the show somehow.

Jun 17, 2:19 AM
Why are you so obsessed with a .11 change?
MAL is for making your own ratings. I think Fate UBW was the definition of mediocre but you don't see me making threads asking why the rating is more than 5.5. You make ratings for yourself; don't freak out if other people have different opinions. They have a right to express what they want.

Jun 17, 9:30 AM
imbricator said:
MAL is for making your own ratings. I think Fate UBW was the definition of mediocre but you don't see me making threads asking why the rating is more than 5.5. You make ratings for yourself; don't freak out if other people have different opinions. They have a right to express what they want.

he probably upset because his fav anime doesn't even get above 7

Jun 17, 10:15 AM
The animation has just been over,many fans was satisfied with the whole.They were so excited that they decided to get over the barrier of internet to support the animation.Due to the barrier,millions of fans can't express their feelings

Jun 19, 5:54 AM

imbricator said:
I think he's just curious, I don't really see OP talking shit

Jun 20, 6:53 PM
Custom Title

It's not just that people who have watched less than three episodes get booted out of the rating it's also that a lot of people who enjoyed the series enough to invest the time to watch until the end haven't rated it yet and are more likely to rate highly when it's completed.

There are multiple factors that go into an end of season rating boost but you see it all the time. If you look at the scores for previous seasons they are usually much higher on aggregate than that of a current airing season for this reason.
Forum Signature

Jul 7, 8:10 PM

lollideath said:

Now the score has dropped to 8.17. I'm super surprised that the score is not between 6.0 - 7.5. I rated it a 5

Jul 8, 8:31 PM
GrimorumInvoke said:
lollideath said:

Now the score has dropped to 8.17. I'm super surprised that the score is not between 6.0 - 7.5. I rated it a 5

It's called preferences.

Jul 8, 8:36 PM

TKMike said:
GrimorumInvoke said:

It's called preferences.

Yes I know about preferences. That doesn't change the fact that I am surprised

Jul 8, 8:40 PM
GrimorumInvoke said:

You know preferences exist, yet you're still surprised. May I assume the reason for this surprise is because you assume the mayority shares an opinion similiar to you instead of the opposite?

Jul 8, 8:48 PM

TKMike said:
GrimorumInvoke said:

You know preferences exist, yet you're still surprised. May I assume the reason for this surprise is because you assume the mayority shares an opinion similiar to you instead of the opposite?

Normally, MAL ratings do not deviate much from my rating for the genres I like

Jul 8, 8:50 PM
GrimorumInvoke said:

I'm not sure if I believe this statement, but I haven't memorized all the animes you've watched, so can't confirm it. But alot of scores I've seen are questionable.

Jul 8, 8:55 PM

TKMike said:
GrimorumInvoke said:

I'm not sure if I believe this statement, but I haven't memorized all the animes you've watched, so can't confirm it. But alot of scores I've seen are questionable.

I always check ratings before I watch. I'm 100% sure that highly rated anime with fantasy/swords, are within a small deviation from my ratings.

Jul 8, 8:56 PM
GrimorumInvoke said:

I always check ratings before I watch. I'm 100% sure that highly rated anime with fantasy/swords, are within a small deviation from my ratings.

Cool, too lazy to confirm if your statement is true. People can check it themself if they are interested, you don't need to type something to make a point. You just made it possible to make an assumption of you being insecure and feeling the need to type something instead of letting people judge it themself by checking your list.
Modified by TKMike, Jul 8, 8:59 PM

Jul 8, 9:02 PM

TKMike said:
GrimorumInvoke said:

Cool, too lazy to confirm if your statement is true. People can check it themself if they are interested, you don't need to type something to make a point. You just made it possible to make an assumption of you being insecure and feeling the need to type something instead of letting people judge it themself by checking your list.

Insecure? Maybe I am not sure.

I do know for sure that I wanted to vent and a discussion

Jul 8, 9:06 PM
GrimorumInvoke said:

Glad you didn't throw away the possibility of you being insecure, it shows you're open-minded and willing to accept it.

I myself am the wrong person to discuss with though, since a discussion about a subjective topic is tricky and unnecesary, unless you want to justify something like people do these days by trying to act as if said person is "objective", while they are actually "subjective", aka both parties will most likely not agree with each other.

Jul 8, 9:19 PM

TKMike said:
GrimorumInvoke said:

Glad you didn't throw away the possibility of you being insecure, it shows you're open-minded and willing to accept it.

I myself am the wrong person to discuss with though, since a discussion about a subjective topic is tricky and unnecesary, unless you want to justify something like people do these days by trying to act as if said person is "objective", while they are actually "subjective", aka both parties will most likely not agree with each other.

Agreeing with each other is boring. I prefer a debate lol. I see you rated it a 7. What did you like and dislike about this anime?

Btw, I rated High School DXD reborn a 6
also, I rated this ecchi anime: Maken ki S1 a 6 and S2 a 4.
Rias Gremory is a big reason I rated this ecchi anime highly. I enjoyed many character's personalities in DXD

Jul 8, 9:32 PM

It's not even that good though..

I guess you got a bunch of SAO fans who can't wait for another MMORPG style anime with a MC that could easily be mistaken for Jesus.

Jul 8, 9:39 PM
Kuraokani said:

I guess you got a bunch of SAO fans who can't wait for another MMORPG style anime with a MC that could easily be mistaken for Jesus.

Jesus as in: Good at everything?

Or Jesus as in: Good at a specific something, in this case Glory?

Jul 8, 9:50 PM
GrimorumInvoke said:

Agreeing with each other is boring.

There's a difference between respecting each other's opinion/preferences and "agreeing' with each other. The first one is the most logical one, since you can't force someone's preferences to be wrong, since there's a reason people call it preferences. I can respect someone's opinion without agreeing with his/her opinion. Just like I did with you. I don't understand why you're saying "agreeing with each other is boring" as a reply to the context of my previous comment, but I won't ask you why you said it, since tbh, I don't care enough.

I prefer a debate lol.

Depends on the situation. But I will call it: "Feeling the need to "justify" yourself", since we are talking about an entertainment media, instead of important things.

I see you rated it a 7. What did you like and dislike about this anime?

Wrong person to talk about this as I said before, especially when my impression of you so far makes me assume this would be a waste of time.

As an example:
if I say I enjoyed the music/ost. You will most likely disagree with me and use the generic arguments(like: the music sounds generic or the music is bad) while not realizing each individual has their own taste of music. The reason for this is because you felt the "need" to debate "taste" and claim your "taste" is the "superior" one.

Btw, I rated High School DXD reborn a 6
also, I rated this ecchi anime: Maken ki S1 a 6 and S2 a 4.
Rias Gremory is a big reason I rated this ecchi anime highly.

Couldn't care less, people can check it themself and form their own opinion.

Jul 9, 3:58 AM

Kuraokani said:

When you said not even that good, I thought you rated this anime a 5 or 6. What does 8 mean to you?

Jul 9, 6:58 AM

GrimorumInvoke said:
Kuraokani said:

When you said not even that good, I thought you rated this anime a 5 or 6. What does 8 mean to you?
Should be a seven. I'll change that. 2 whole points below overlord sounds good to me