Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow...

This episode took a quick turn for the worse in the second half. I mean, even the mail office isn't safe from danger in this series. How bizarre. That dude with the Rock Lee haircut gave me a good laugh this episode. What a jobber
Jun 14, 2017 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
Nice to see Sakura.
The perpetrator is controlling the ghost. Hmm what is Mitsuki up to?

The Nue gonna be trouble when it gets free.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 14, 2017 3:08 AM

May 2015
I'm probably going to be wrong and it's just a hunch but I feel like Orochimaru is connected to this (Wood Style Jutsu ie signs of Hashirama cells at the crime scene) Mitsuki is going to spill the beans hopefully next ep. Hopefully, the series starts picking up from here and gets more serious.
Jun 14, 2017 3:57 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode.

I honestly find Naruto chastising Boruto for trying to meddle in serious affairs to be a little off somehow. I mean Naruto got where he was by meddling in affairs and facing all those dangerous situations. Boruto is simply displaying the same trait he had, so I thought it was a little off but ultimately he let them investigate due to Shino's support. Times truly have changed, Props to Shino for supporting his students. :)

Anyway, nice cameo of Sakura.

The perpetrator shows up at the Mail office and this possesses the senior dude, luckily with some help Boruto and co rectify the situation.

Mitsuki is upto something.
Wonder what's up with the monkey antagonist at the end.
Jun 14, 2017 4:04 AM

Dec 2012
Oh look at that, another episode of this stupid bad arc.
Man, where's my Zabuza fight for Boruto?

Every week this just makes me want to drop it even more.
Jun 14, 2017 4:21 AM

Nov 2016
It's always cool to see how much Naruto has grown and became a responsible and caring father. Even though he did some way more dangerous things in his own youth it's understandable from his pov to be worried about his son. That's what a father is like I guess, not everyone heals the enemy and lets his son get beaten up to a pulp. Nice action of Shino btw, backing up Boruto like this.

The situation got more interesting this episode with the masked attacker, but I'm actually more curious to know what's behind Mitsukis behaviour.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 14, 2017 4:39 AM
Sep 2012
I have this wild theory, it is implied that Class Rep has no parents, and than I realized she looked similar to another character, and perhaps she is in kudos with this villains like Mitsuki. My theory is another clone created by Orichimaru using the DNA of Nagato and Konan. She does resemble Konan a bit and I always wanted them to find a way to Nagato and Konan linage continue like everyone else.
blfanJun 14, 2017 5:22 AM
Jun 14, 2017 4:51 AM

Jan 2017
ehh that episode was abit better and we finally saw some forward action.
but really; i can't believe the animators or the story creators tried to put a heroic purpose to delivering mail...
that was a definite cringe moment

im really hatin on mitsuki at the moment 'cause the b****rd lets the dude go wtf
there is something definitely wrong with mitsuki.

a great reminder of konan's paper jutsus with that bureau chief

at this moment, if i were to rate this series it'd be a 5 or 6
Jun 14, 2017 4:58 AM

Feb 2013
That guy reminded me of Konan when he used those letters to block their attacks.
Jun 14, 2017 5:26 AM
Apr 2016
At the final scene, that's monkey looks like Sarutobi Kuchiyose(i forgot that monkeys name).
Also, that paper jutsu remind me of Konan(not only me maybe everyone).

Btw, anyone know the OST. Name? when shino's acknowledge boruto?
Jun 14, 2017 6:45 AM

Jun 2014
It looks like we might be a step closer to learning about that monkey thing that seems to be behind this whole shadow ghost ordeal.

RyouKousaku said:
At the final scene, that's monkey looks like Sarutobi Kuchiyose(i forgot that monkeys name).

His name was Enma.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 14, 2017 6:59 AM
Dec 2016
tirafesi said:
Oh look at that, another episode of this stupid bad arc.
Man, where's my Zabuza fight for Boruto?

Every week this just makes me want to drop it even more.

Then drop it, no one is stopping you
Jun 14, 2017 6:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It truly is quite funny when we're reminded that these guys are a bunch of first years lol....Inojin telling Metal that they don't know how to walk on water yet was hilarious - THIS IS WHY I WANT TO SEE THEM LEARNING THE BASICS....PIERROT PLEASE GIVE ME MY NATURE TYPE TRAINING EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the episode itself, I loved how much emphasis they placed on two things in particular:

1. The bond between these kids - It's really nice to see how caringthese kids are when it comes to helping each other out and this really adds another dynamic to their bond without having to play on the obvious notion that all of their parents are friends so naturally they would be too. Stuff like this reminds me of the special episodes like Konoha Hiden or when everyone went to that bathhouse

2. The emphasis on believing in the kids - The scene with Naruto in the beginning really bugged me because this was a prime example of Naruto regressing into his whole "You're not good enough, you're just a kid seeking attention, and so instead of taking you seriously like I should be, I'm just gonna continue to undermine your feelings and drive" mode and it's really sad how literally every other adult figure can see that Naruto is wrong and understand his own son way better than he does

But anyway, that speech from Shino was beautiful and all he spoke was the cold hard FACTS so I wanna give mad props to him for showing his growth but also showcasing why he's a great mentor. This episode was a perfect culmination of Boruto's development ever since this arc started so it was nice to see him learning from his mistakes in the past episode and how he actually took council from his peers - Shino's belief was also reflected onto the mail guy that they worked with too so that was nice to see as well (He's awesome and I respect his work ethic)

As for everything else in the episode, the art was lacking in some scenes as usual but it's whatever at this point, the stakes felt a bit more higher once we saw just how serious the effects of the ghost are on people, loved seeing the character development of Sai vs his Shipuuden counterpart, dat Sakura cameo lol, and seeing Sumire watch as her friends went home with their parents gave me some serious part 1 Naruto vibes.....I hope that they go more into the whole orphan thing in the next episode

Lastly, I still don't buy the theory of Sumire being the villain, but based on some certain scenes and ESPECIALLY because of how Mitsuki reacted to the guy, I feel like maybe the culprit is one of the many Mitsuki clones......Also, if this is the case, it would be a perfect opportunity for them to transition to Mitsuki Gaiden via like a flashback or something - I could be wrong and this could be a random ROOT reject but who knows (I just don't want it to be Sumire)

Very good episode overall (Is it just me or did anyone get mad Hiruzen and Enma vibes from the very end lol)
Jun 14, 2017 7:02 AM
May 2017
At last things are getting interesting . Who is that Anbu any guess anyone ?
Jun 14, 2017 7:25 AM
Jan 2017
Santoryu_XBurner said:
Nice to see Sakura.
The perpetrator is controlling the ghost. Hmm what is Mitsuki up to?

The Nue gonna be trouble when it gets free.

IT WAS PRETTY COOL THOUGH
Jun 14, 2017 7:33 AM

Apr 2014
Shino's scene with Naruto was so good. I really liked how he stood up for Boruto and I'm starting to think the masked person is Sumire based on the previews and some of the information in this episode. I don't think it was confirmed in previous episodes that she was an orphan so it's possible she has some ties to Danzo's organization.
Jun 14, 2017 7:41 AM

Jun 2015
Nice to see a cameo of Sakura. Boruto and his class mates came up with a good plan. The perpetrator showed up in the mail room and let the ghost possess the senior guy. He got stopped quickly. The mail flying around reminds me of Konan. Mitsuki followed the guy, but didn't do anything. I wonder what he's up to. The monkey at the end looks like Enma.
Jun 14, 2017 7:55 AM

Sep 2009
anybody else thinking that class rep might be the one behind this?
Jun 14, 2017 7:57 AM

Sep 2013
Did that mail guy just use konan's technique? :O
Class rep being the masked man would be good.
Jun 14, 2017 8:10 AM

Jun 2012
So... When will this arc finish? And why is an arc this boring at the beginning of the series??

We just want to get on to discovering what Boruto eye is. And how is it that no one has saw his eye once yet? 11 episodes of this arc that feels like filler.

Legitimately feels like filler.
Jun 14, 2017 8:27 AM

Sep 2013
Not gonna lie but I thought their plan to find the ghost was pretty good and well thought out. The downside is that the villain in this episode was the head of the mail department while one of his employees put himself in danger of getting a few thousand paper cuts for a single package.

I was sitting here thinking they should've at least had the adults help them out. I get they are just children who want to do things their own way but they've accomplished nothing here. At least with a capable shinobi, its possible they could've caught that masked person.

Then I found out that these kids can't walk on water yet...at least Metal Lee can't. After realizing how worthless these kids are, I face palmed so hard I may have broken my nose.

2/5- This episode was bad and just shows how inexperienced and miserably inadequate these kids are. We did get a few things revealed and saw that Mitsuki is up to something but that's about it.

I might give this series the Dragon Ball Super treatment and put it on hold. Fortunately for the series, Mitsuki is keeping this arc interesting for now and I'm hoping for a good payoff.

Jun 14, 2017 8:29 AM

Oct 2015
Z4k said:
...Sumire... I don't think it was confirmed in previous episodes that she was an orphan so it's possible she has some ties to Danzo's organization.

According to the wiki she was an orphan, but I don't remember either.

The episode itself was ok I guess. We finally saw it's a masked person who manipulates people. I find the interaction between Naruto and Boruto very off, and some other things are weird as well. E.g.: So the masked guy was surrounded, and in the next scene all we see is him/her running. I understand that person must be powerful, but we still could have been shown something.

I hope the pace becomes faster soon.
Slim_LamieJun 14, 2017 8:33 AM
Jun 14, 2017 9:12 AM

Apr 2014
TehSnawn said:
Then I found out that these kids can't walk on water yet...at least Metal Lee can't. After realizing how worthless these kids are, I face palmed so hard I may have broken my nose.

What? Naruto didn't learn how to walk on water until he was a genin. These kids are still in the academy.
Jun 14, 2017 9:42 AM
Mar 2015
TehSnawn said:

Of course they cant.. That's not something new, cz these kids are still in academy...
Jun 14, 2017 9:52 AM
Sep 2012
Z4k said:
Shino's scene with Naruto was so good. I really liked how he stood up for Boruto and I'm starting to think the masked person is Sumire based on the previews and some of the information in this episode. I don't think it was confirmed in previous episodes that she was an orphan so it's possible she has some ties to Danzo's organization.

Yeah that is the most realistic theory.

But I still love my totally out there theory that is somehow Nakato and Konan's daughter though dna cloning experiments. Please let that happen.
Jun 14, 2017 10:02 AM

Sep 2013
Z4k said:
TehSnawn said:

What? Naruto didn't learn how to walk on water until he was a genin. These kids are still in the academy.

The point I was trying to make was that how Boruto and the other children aren't capable to do much because they're just kids. So I was thinking how do they expect to catch the bad guy when they are inexperienced. Like I said before, I get it, they're kids and this is Boruto's story, not the adult's. I'm sure they'll develop their skills more in the future. At this moment however, they aren't capable despite wanting to solve this case themselves.

To me it just felt like I was watching a fireman trying to fight fires without water.

Jun 14, 2017 10:05 AM

Dec 2016
I think there's something wrong with mitsuki. I really hate mitsuki's smile/smirk when the mysterious mask's guy gone
Jun 14, 2017 10:35 AM

Jan 2016
Stupid episode, You don't blame yourself for the injury to the president because you didn't deliver the mail.
Also WTF Shino, It's not your child ffs. Naruto knows very well how dangerous the world is and I see some people saying that Naruto used to do the same thing but I think you're all forgetting something. Naruto didn't have any parents and that's why he became such a trouble maker. Also he actually started meddling into serious stuff when he graduated the school, Boruto is still in his first year.

Also WTF is up with the post man? He's ready to die for the post to be delivered? What a dumbass.

I don't criticize Boruto that much to be honest but the whole episode was horrible
Jun 14, 2017 10:42 AM

Mar 2016
Chrissydesu said:
I'm probably going to be wrong and it's just a hunch but I feel like Orochimaru is connected to this (Wood Style Jutsu ie signs of Hashirama cells at the crime scene) Mitsuki is going to spill the beans hopefully next ep. Hopefully, the series starts picking up from here and gets more serious.

Yeah or like one of his minions!

This episode just was like yeet! And I loved it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2017 11:06 AM
Mar 2014
It's all to obv that most people who have seen the first few episodes of Baruto has never seen the original Naruto show. This show does exactly what Naruto did, and that is build fucking character, you don't go straight into the action of killing people off and such before you even fucking know who everyone is. so many bad reviews from people who never got to learn about Naruto as a kid before he became cool, so many episodes in the beginning of Naruto with no action, then a little and then for a long time non. it's the same deal here, so we know they are serious about building the world of Baruto, while also making sure that everyone is not just doll husks with no actual impact on the whole premise. A true Naruto fan could never wish for more than this, so sad to see MAL be run over by children. sadly it's been like this for a long time now. so if you have a problem leave, and let the adults enjoy there childhood ones again.
Jun 14, 2017 11:07 AM
Dec 2016
Finally Shino did something good! I want to find whats Mitsuki upto in next episode.

anku9998Jun 17, 2017 12:46 PM
Jun 14, 2017 12:01 PM

Sep 2015
Its very likely one of the classmates may be the masked person. Class Rep is my guess.
Jun 14, 2017 12:16 PM

Jan 2017
nothing important really happened in this episode we already knew someone was controlling the ghost and that mitsuki was involved somehow
Jun 14, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2014
I really thought that this one was Mutsuki since he wasn't seen neither in the post office neither chasing the masked guy , but later we saw that it's not him. Only that he's somehow connected , which was kinda obvious. Interesting how the crew doesn't put a little bit ( or at least they don't show us that ) of suspicion towards Mutsuki since probably all these Ghost incidents started happening around the time he arrived.

Masked figure of course should be someone close.. maybe some girl from the class ? Many speculate about Class Rep.. Yep , there should be a reason she has purple hair.

All the paper flying and forming so reminded of Konan and whole Yahiko Nagato and Konan trio story.. Sadly I don't feel Boruto's atmosphere , characters and story will be as strong as Naruto's was.
EtherealisJun 14, 2017 1:42 PM
Jun 14, 2017 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Guys there is literally one chapter of manga made by kishimoto explaining who Mitsuki is, if you are curious you should just look it up, Its Naruto ch. 700.6 I think?

As for the class rep, I don't see the basis of why anyone could think of her as part of the plot if anything, for me at least I think she will be a victim of the shadow (since she seems sad/lonely) maybe she will be the last one? And boruto and their team will have all more the resons to butt in. Maybe.

It surprised me that Sarada wasn't in the mail ambush like, Chou Chou who never gives a damn was there and she wasn't, but it makes sense in a way, if Sarada was there.. then the masked guy wouldn't have scaped so easily. At least Mitsuki would't have the leisure to see the masked guy go with that smile of his.

hope the shows picks up soon, I want to see them train and stuff
Jun 14, 2017 2:44 PM

Mar 2016
Thing are getting more interesting now as they are really close to finding the person behind the "Ghost"
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 14, 2017 2:48 PM

May 2013
Well atleast something happened this episode. The man with the white mask is trying to resurrect could be interesting.
Jun 14, 2017 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
That masked anbu guy could be Oro in disguise seeing how Mitsuki is in on it, he didn't even try to stop him. In the next ep preview looks like Mitsuki is ready to confess that he's a double agent.

Wish we would have seen the masked guy fight and knock a couple of kids out, would be fun.

Anyways nice ep.
Jun 14, 2017 3:39 PM
Mar 2017
lol poor Boruto rejected by his own bunshin.

On the other hand, Naruto kagebunshin skill has reached godly level to the extent where he can be at different places at the same times.

I bet Naruto can "have fun" with Hinata all-day at home, while his bunshin do the paperworks at the hokage office.
Jun 14, 2017 5:05 PM

Oct 2015
komic said:
im thinking the same lol
Jun 14, 2017 6:26 PM
May 2017
I surprisingly enjoyed this episode. Most of the episodes have been pretty boring due to lack of development but this one actually let the story move forward with its latest reveals.

The overall plot of Boruto and friends fighting to stop a demonically possessed ninja mailman with the horrifying power to control envelops was the kind of creative ridiculousness I love.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope this show focuses more on the mailroom if it leads to more of this insanity.

There's hints of traitors among the cast and I love a good betrayal arc (even when its obvious who the traitor is). Hopefully they keep the momentum going by revealing just the right amount each episode.

Jun 14, 2017 6:28 PM
May 2017
Hinata said:
Its very likely one of the classmates may be the masked person. Class Rep is my guess.

I hope your right. There could be an awesome story there if its used well.
Jun 14, 2017 7:15 PM

Jan 2008
Intense mailing music! Paper cut no jutsu! Dramatic package defending!
Jun 14, 2017 9:39 PM

Jun 2013
Mitsuki is definitely shady.
Jun 14, 2017 11:11 PM

Oct 2011
Ghost incident is picking up nicely. Hmm class rep is suspicious
Jun 14, 2017 11:30 PM

May 2017
Tayori guy is too suspicious, he's the culprit I think the masked guy is just a puppet
Jun 14, 2017 11:50 PM
Oct 2007
This episode is very enjoyable and well done personally for me!

komic said:

That might be a good guess based on the preview and could get really interesting with that sort of twist.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2017 12:15 AM

Dec 2015
I think the class president might know about the guy with the mask, she seemed like she was hiding something.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 15, 2017 1:44 AM

Apr 2010
I really think that Boruto's gonna surpass his father someday. The way he thinks about what's the most important thing for shinobi or the way he's making the strategy or cooperating with his friends and finally, his abilities while being such a young child yet (much better than Naruto at his age) are just wow. Keep it up♥
And about the episode, it's always nice to see the old Naruto characters in this new season (Sakura at work this time). I don't know, it's just a nice addition. I like that:D
And once again, I wish there were no this post office thing again. It's kinda boring. Anyway this episode was so much better than the previous one imo. I loved the dialogue between Naruto and Boruto the most. Pretty tense.
This comment is getting pretty long so I'm just going to say I can't wait for the next episode:)
Jun 15, 2017 4:53 AM

May 2014
The episode was awesome.
Character dialouge between Shino and Naruto was great! Sakura cameo, Sai showing his resolve, we even get a fight scene with the villain and we got so many clues (Did anyone notice Iwabe's expression while Boruto was explaining the real plan xD)

I did not notice the Sumire hints AT ALL until Sawyer7mage pointed it all out and it made so much sense.. Wow what a shocker, didn't expect this at all especially from the hints from the previous episode that I didn't notice.

Mutsuki is as sly as ever, we knew from the beginning that he knew something about this, and now it's time to know what's up next episode! So hyped for that, this arc is turning full circle and I'm impressed.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 66 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

11 by Gabriel31YT »»
Apr 7, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 116 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2019

32 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 3, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.