Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2017 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A wonderful and warm finale.
Nice to see all the lovable characters carrying on with their fun filled lives, though I would've loved to know a bit more about the whereabouts of Nishimori (probably in jail) and that classmate of Mitsu's. All in all, minor nitpicks (the nutjob sidekick of Nishimori, the sudden abrupt change of tone in the final volume) aside, Dosei Mansion has been one of the finest manga I've had the pleasure to read for some time. The wonderfully diverse and innately down to earth character cast is probably the manga's greatest charm, and in general one of the best in all of manga.
If Planetes was about the awe-inspiring story of garbage collectors in space, Dosei Mansion is about an equally, if not more heartwarming story about a bunch of window cleaners.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jan 17, 2018 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
[COPIED FROM MY REVIEW]

Saturn Apartments is a delightful slice of life set in space. It delves into many topics such as equality, class systems, chasing after the unknown, family values, finding yourself and many more. It's about life and how a young boy finds his value in this strange world. The cast are fun and colourful and support his journey as a window washer.

What I enjoyed about this series was how they all live in their world and how there was a class system. How everyone lives for different reasons and they are all trying to find why they are here and what they need to do. It's particularly interesting because we have a young main character but one of the recurring characters is near retirement and has a wife that is sick and it's nice to see his story as well. There are around 8 characters that all grow and find their purpose in the strange world by the end.

What I wished for more is more of a resolution. Maybe more stories between the window washers and their clients. I thought it could have been a bit more but they hurried into the 'main plot' later on and it became very focused on that. I thought there could have been more to the mystery of the main character's father but they didn't really explain that in the end.

Overall, this is a really cool series and I would recommend it for anyone who likes space, sci-fi, slice of life or someone who just wants something new for a change!

[NOT COPIED FROM MY REVIEW]

Yaaaay I'm glad Makoto and Sachi got together! I loved how Souta and Kayo had such a happy end. I love how Souta properly told Kayo because he saw how the other guy died and he had to cherish his relationship with his wife. Jin and Haruko were precious. When he cried after finding out she can live healthily, I cried too.

Really wish we could have seen more at end. It was quite vague. Wanted to see more about earth/surface.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dosei Mansion Volume 1 Discussion

Mayuka - Jan 15, 2016

0 by Mayuka »»
Jan 15, 2016 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.