Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 14, 2017 6:24 PM

Sep 2011
So, am I the only one who remembered Kamisama no Memochou?? Because this "Angel Dust" drug totally reminded me of that lol Though on Memochou is called "Angel Fix" hahahahaha

Oh man. These guys are super creative with their drugs: same name, same effect. They even have the same dark circles under their eyes when they take it lel.
"If you wish so ardently for your life to disappear then give it to me!"
Jun 14, 2017 6:36 PM
Feb 2016
flannan said:
ss4chris said:

are the light novels translated online?

According to http://www.novelupdates.com/series/akashic-records-of-the-bastard-magical-instructor/ , the translation is currently on the 2nd volume.
The only good thing is this novel isn't likely to get licensed, so we might be able to read it eventually.

IllyaNxS said:

Gives me a silly theory...

FireFistYamaan said:
Cringed a few times during the episode but it was still ok. I'm irritated about the fact that Sistine slapped Glenn even knowing that he isn't such a bad man and his objective probably wasn't her money or something like that.

There is a limit to how many times a man can say he's going to marry you for money without your agreement, even if you know he isn't serious.
Should have slapped Leos too.

Farabeuf said:
Could we please grab the blonde guy, stab him repeatedly, set on his on fire and the scatter his ashes in a black hole. What a detestable prick he is.

The death by Angel Dust is said to be pretty horrifying. Would this be satisfying enough?

Woodfall said:
Quite obvious Leos is using angel dust and Glenn will come back and save the day then Leos will OD. Not sure why Glenn missed his duel and never came back to the school though... once again pretty annoying.

I wonder if the MC refused to fight the blonde guy anymore because he does not want the blonde to die from the drug. Maybe spy on him to track his dealer or something.

Confucius said:
Why was Sistine coming to school at night?

To have a hot midnight date with her teacher, of course.
I mean, Rumia talked her into talking out things with the teacher instead of being angry at him all the time.

Jun 14, 2017 7:30 PM

Mar 2017
It's a good episode, but this show feels so rushed.

"๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ,
๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ
๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต
๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ."
๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ | ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
Jun 14, 2017 11:20 PM

Oct 2011
one more episode noooooo ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jun 15, 2017 12:55 AM
Oct 2013
Whenever a person has that hairstyle, he's going to be an obnoxious villain.

I'm still wondering why their repertoire magic spells is limited. They don't even have flying magic. I guess their knowledge in magic is still at its infancy.
ExplodingGirlJun 15, 2017 12:59 AM
Jun 15, 2017 1:28 AM

Aug 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
the problem with morals is you can only apply them to people that are sane of mind. And by this i do not mean not being insane. Because someone can be insane and evil. I am referring about people being under the influence of a drug or something similar. Also although what he did is not moral, can you say you would do better in the same situation? As Machiavelli said: the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Also the way you influence someone is gradually not in one step. You get the person to accept at first something on the border then when he gets used to it something a bit immoral and so on. But I am rambling. The point is you cannot call him a piece of shit unless you never ever got a bit drunk.

This is merely a matter of perspective, as of this point we don't really know much about Leos apart from his overt actions. From what we've seen so far, his treatment of Sistine, his motives behind courting her, his antagonizing of Glen, everything makes him come off as a big scumbag. We don't really know if he's under the influence of a drug or whatever as you seem to hint. If in the future, the series does reveal some details and victimizes him or shows his true intentions or shows him gradually changing like you say, them my opinion of him and perspective of the situation is subject to change. However, from everything we know now till this episode, he comes off as yet another scumbag antagonist.
true, but you can deduce a lot. If you look at his face and eyes they are stereotypical for someone on heroin. Also the reaction of Glenn when he uses that magic method shows that at his level he should not be normally able to use it. And he did not want to kill him. At least not in front of Sistine.
Jun 15, 2017 2:11 AM
Feb 2017
This show is entertaining, yet very predictable. Leos is a villain that is WAY too easy to hate; and that's not a bad thing by any means, but he lacks clear motivations besides a lust for power.

I also GUARANTEE that Glenn is going to either barge on Sistine's wedding and kick Leos' ass, or Leos is going to Overdose on Angel Dust, since it's very obvious that he's using it.
I honestly don't know anymore.
Jun 15, 2017 7:40 AM

Dec 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Lelouch0202 said:

This is merely a matter of perspective, as of this point we don't really know much about Leos apart from his overt actions. From what we've seen so far, his treatment of Sistine, his motives behind courting her, his antagonizing of Glen, everything makes him come off as a big scumbag. We don't really know if he's under the influence of a drug or whatever as you seem to hint. If in the future, the series does reveal some details and victimizes him or shows his true intentions or shows him gradually changing like you say, them my opinion of him and perspective of the situation is subject to change. However, from everything we know now till this episode, he comes off as yet another scumbag antagonist.
true, but you can deduce a lot. If you look at his face and eyes they are stereotypical for someone on heroin. Also the reaction of Glenn when he uses that magic method shows that at his level he should not be normally able to use it. And he did not want to kill him. At least not in front of Sistine.

I didn't really pay too much attention to his eyes or anything cause they haven't really given us anything to hint at him possibly being under the influence of something. It's most because this is first time we've seen his character, so we don't have anything to compare him with to speculate that he is not himself. Like if say Glenn had been influenced it'd be much easier to notice that he was acting strange since he'd be different from the way he normally acts. Nevertheless, if he does turn out to be under the influence of a drug or something then that's pretty awesome that you picked up on it. (Unless you've read the LN. XD)
Jun 15, 2017 10:00 AM

Jan 2015
Dull and predictable. Solid 3/10. Looks like a cliched finale coming up.
Jun 15, 2017 1:41 PM

Aug 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I didn't really pay too much attention to his eyes or anything cause they haven't really given us anything to hint at him possibly being under the influence of something. It's most because this is first time we've seen his character, so we don't have anything to compare him with to speculate that he is not himself. Like if say Glenn had been influenced it'd be much easier to notice that he was acting strange since he'd be different from the way he normally acts. Nevertheless, if he does turn out to be under the influence of a drug or something then that's pretty awesome that you picked up on it. (Unless you've read the LN. XD)
I only read the LN until Rumia gets kidnapped.
Jun 16, 2017 1:02 AM

Oct 2014
Another bad episode. All is well until this cheap plot fix marriage on the main heroine with a bad guy. And after this episode, I think I know what will happen next episode.

A good ending is a must to be a great anime. With this storyline about that idiot blonde teachter, I think the ending will be very generic.
Jun 16, 2017 6:04 AM
Jul 2015
Probably my favorite episode so far. By the way this may be offtopic but i'm really curious to find out how and where exactly those suspenders that hold the girls miniskirt are attached to? This is the first time I see a school uniform with suspenders in anime.
Jun 16, 2017 5:55 PM

Sep 2014
Glenn was a bit annoying with that marriage thing even tho he just wanted to protect Sistine.
Hope that Leos bastard whoever he is gets wrecked good next episode tho this feels kinda rushed. Feel like there's still many things not explained.

Those chibis at the end always put a smile on my face, gonna miss them.
That ending card oh boy ( อก° อœส– อก°)
Jun 17, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2008
first part was just like Mahouka all over again...2nd part was Glen-sensei told Sistine all about Sara
then Glenn didn't show-up on the duel...maybe so depressed? or he has some comeback plans to redeem himself!?!?
4/5.

Jun 17, 2017 5:22 AM
Feb 2016
Seigen said:
So in the end where did Glenn go? lmao

make some prepartions for the last battle
Jun 17, 2017 1:06 PM

Jun 2013
The contrast between Glenn and Leos is really intresting to watch
Jun 18, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2017
Cant wait for ep 12!
Also if someone knows when is the OST gonna be released because i really like it.
Jun 18, 2017 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
I really hope that Glen has some kind of great reason not too show up to duel. It does not suit his character at all, while he was jerk most of this episode he still always cared for those kids and Sistina in particular abandoning such cutie is sin.

I enjoyed this series way more then i thought i would mostly cuz Glen/sistine/rumia everyone else is dust as far i am concerned.
Jun 18, 2017 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
IllyaNxS said:
Since they have deleted many backstories , I can give you more details about Sara and Glenn. It won't disturb you enjoy the coming ep 12.
·

Thank you! I wonder if anything related to a "confession" between Glenn x ?someone? is gonna happen in episode 12.
Jun 18, 2017 7:03 PM
Feb 2016
CaptainJumBo said:
IllyaNxS said:
Since they have deleted many backstories , I can give you more details about Sara and Glenn. It won't disturb you enjoy the coming ep 12.
·

Thank you! I wonder if anything related to a "confession" between Glenn x ?someone? is gonna happen in episode 12.

Well,I don't know .. (cuz anime will make some changes) but Sara died just 1 year ago and if Glenn confess with someone at this point,it's a little insane.
Jun 18, 2017 7:13 PM
Feb 2016
Hei316 said:
Cant wait for ep 12!
Also if someone knows when is the OST gonna be released because i really like it.

The OST iwill be in in BD/DVD vol4 you need to buy it.
Jun 19, 2017 2:47 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty damn good episode i thought!
Jun 20, 2017 10:58 AM

Nov 2009
SigOpram said:
Whenever a person has that hairstyle, he's going to be an obnoxious villain.

I'm still wondering why their repertoire magic spells is limited. They don't even have flying magic. I guess their knowledge in magic is still at its infancy.

They do have flying magic - it featured in the tournament. Probably it's not really combat-effective or something, and anime-style magical jumps are considered a better idea.
Jun 21, 2017 1:07 PM

Dec 2014
things suddenly went out of hand again... damn he finally showed his true colours
Jun 21, 2017 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
Glenn is a smart guy, he always knows where to laugh and were to "try to be more serious" but in the end, he always fails the 2nd one xD
The blonde guy is strong, one more eps left.
So we are getting a closed ending? Hope so...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 22, 2017 6:59 AM

Jan 2014
what??
I thought Glenn is more bloody as he says. turn out to be powerless.
Jul 3, 2017 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
The mage battle was pretty funny. Re-l is OP.

BurntJellyJul 3, 2017 5:03 PM
Jul 4, 2017 10:36 PM

Jan 2013
Sad end to the duel. Forced marriage sucks.
Jul 5, 2017 7:53 PM

May 2015
You didn't show to the duel... come on Glenn!?
Aug 7, 2017 6:37 PM

May 2012
Oh snap that ending! Pretty impressive, let's see what the last episode has to offer!
Aug 10, 2017 9:34 PM

Dec 2016
oh my gosh! Who could have possibly guessed that Leos was actually a crazy, douchebag! Nawt meiii!!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 30, 2018 6:39 AM

Nov 2010
This fcking bitch slapping our MC.
Apr 3, 2018 5:16 AM

Jul 2014
Leos's true identity is revealed... and wtf is this about Glenn never showing up for the duel and to the academy??
Feb 12, 2019 1:54 PM

Mar 2018
I would give this show 10/10 if it ended here lol.Just knowing that stupid tsundere got what she deserve with Leos would be perfect.Slapping scene was the last nail in the coffin for me.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Dec 28, 2019 7:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Leos is really a jerk, but I'm sure Glenn will save Sistine then happy end etc... btw what's that art at the end it's totally killing the mood wtf xD
Mar 22, 2021 2:24 AM

Apr 2009
What the hell did I watch on the last 5 minutes of the episode? Damn it all.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 26, 2021 8:40 AM

Jun 2020
This competition got a bit heated from who's marrying who, and It's probably getting pointless might as well be a one on one

Sistine having all these fantasies now I thought that she wouldn't like the idea but I guess she kind of likes it like just be honest with yourself already, That was a hard slap that Glenn has to take in as expected he didn't break his character

A few bits of information was revealed discussing it with Sistine, Leos had a trick on his sleeve literally and left Glenn very injured after that and oh well he decided to disappear I can't anticipate what will happen in the last episode but I feel like it's going to involve an intense battle.
Sep 10, 2022 10:36 PM
Sep 2021
Interesting episode, glenn's team won the duel but leo's defeat glenn in thir own unofficial match and we also see another side of leos

I give this episode 6/10.
Sep 17, 2022 1:26 PM

Jul 2016
Shironeko is good wife.
Sep 30, 2023 3:42 AM

Apr 2013
There is nothing in this episode that I haven't seen in other shows before. Pretty standard power fantasy finale I'd say.
Oct 28, 2023 6:52 AM

Dec 2022
Shit went 0 to 100 real quick. This guy Leos is seriously pissing me off so much rn, Glenn better smoke that dude.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

335 by ggultra2764 »»
Mar 20, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

258 by nima_bio »»
Jan 30, 3:52 PM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.