Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 12, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Zero and Mercenary's reunion got tense. I'm not surprised but still chilling to see. Felt kinda bad for Zero as she got trapped like a bird in a cage.

Albus and Hordem learned some interesitng stuff this episode as well.

I like how Mercenary challenged Thirteen's ideals though even as he is outmatched. What a brave beastfallen.
Jun 12, 2017 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
Zero and Mercenary's reunion was heartwarming. She was so lonely without him. Holdem almost killed, but someone saved him. Mercenary outsmarting Thirteen was great. Zero is free now and is going to fight Thirteen again. Everything that happened was because of him. He did it all for her.
Jun 12, 2017 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Zero and Mercenary's reunion was really nice. Zero was so cute. <3

So Thirteen was the one behind it at all from the start, he was the founder of the Sorcerers of Zero and made up this entire plan just to show Zero the world, presumably a happy one where magic is used for good but we all know how that turned out. Quite the instigator he is. I suppose this means that Zero knew about Thirteen's plot from the very beginning as well. It does make sense considering how she was the one telling Albus about the founder having stolen the Grimoire of Zero.

I'm glad Hordem survived. :)

Mercenary manages to successfully free Zero from her cage using the potion. Thirteen vs Zero next.
Jun 12, 2017 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
Awh, the reunion was heartwarming.

So Thirteen was behind everything. What a conspiracy that is. Though his plans are interesting, he won't be able to accomplish then. Youhei was able to outsmart Thirteen.
Hordem survived. I thought he was going to be killed for a second.

Thirteen vs Zero next episode. Hope their hunger doesn't interrupt the fight.

Jun 12, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
Well Zero, save those precious words for Mercenary later. Because this time Thirteen really makes his move for both you and Mercenary.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 12, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2016
Like expected, this was a sweet reunion.

Thirteen is the mastermind behind the Sorcerers of Zero or better said he was the one who encouraged them after all.

Looking forward to the fight next week, hopefully it won't be a letdown.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2017 10:30 AM

Sep 2015
13 be like
i found 0 the true loli nobody can't understand her? screw you all. i will present 0 a kingdom ruled by 0
13: shut up Mercenary you only know 0 for a while. i know 0 more than anyone 0 IS MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE
Into the Internet!
Jun 12, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2014
The reunion was pretty touching.
Felt good to see Thirteen getting owned by the Mercenary.
Zero vs 13 again, I hope she gives him a good beating. Can't wait for the next episode!
Jun 12, 2017 11:26 AM

Nov 2009
Well, my suspicions from previous episodes have been confirmed. Thirteen is indeed That Person, and he plans to kill all the witches.
I would not trust him on saying he plans to put Zero in charge.

Stark700 said:
I like how Mercenary challenged Thirteen's ideals though even as he is outmatched. What a brave beastfallen.

It's great somebody actually told Thirteen all that. We wanted to say that for a while, didn't we?

Lelouch0202 said:
So Thirteen was the one behind it at all from the start, he was the founder of the Sorcerers of Zero and made up this entire plan just to show Zero the world, presumably a happy one where magic is used for good but we all know how that turned out. Quite the instigator he is. I suppose this means that Zero knew about Thirteen's plot from the very beginning as well. It does make sense considering how she was the one telling Albus about the founder having stolen the Grimoire of Zero.

I think she did not knew it from the start. She figured it out somewhere around when she said "I've understood that you betrayed me" a couple of episodes ago.
Jun 12, 2017 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
flannan said:

Lelouch0202 said:

I think she did not knew it from the start. She figured it out somewhere around when she said "I've understood that you betrayed me" a couple of episodes ago.

I remember when Thirteen and Zero were talking about their past they said something along the lines of the founder killed everyone and only both of them survived. Now that we know Thirteen is the founder, it just seems very likely to me that Zero knew Thirteen was the founder. Surely she noticed something but yeah Thirteen could've tricked her or something.
Jun 12, 2017 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
Thirteen is Him and he was behind everything :O
Yohei makes up with zero and they fight with 13.
Jun 12, 2017 11:54 AM

May 2015
Great reunion moment.

Things are about to get rowdy with that ending.

Jun 12, 2017 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
Not really surprising Thirteen was "him" all along considering how shady Thirteen was and how "him's" persona didn't appeared at all during the series. I would have been surprised if "him" would have end being another person.
Jun 12, 2017 12:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The first half of this chapter was food for the soul. Zero and her mercenary are too cute.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 12, 2017 1:15 PM

Sep 2014
This anime started quite nicely but now it feels a bit mediocre to me. Depending on how they handle the ending this will be a 6 or 7 for me.
I sort of like thirteen. Nobody cares what you want. Im pretty sure most kids in school would rather play outside. 20 years later they might regret it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 12, 2017 2:12 PM

Jan 2016
ahhhhhhh that was a great reunion!

13 is gonna get his ass whopped in the next episode cause NEVER MESS WITH ZEROS MERCENARY
Jun 12, 2017 2:42 PM
Aug 2013
I hope Zero will kick Thirteen ass :D
But how the hell did she stuck in this cage?
Jun 12, 2017 3:49 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That reunion was 20/10....Man I ship it so hard

Other than that, I hate 13 even more now and I cannot wait to watch Zero destroy his ass....Why am I not surprised that this cunt is behind everything
Jun 12, 2017 4:06 PM

Jun 2012
So 13 = Him. Most melodramatic plot twist ever. We could see that coming from a mile away. 13's already been shown to be very villainous, and there's no time to present another villain really.
Jun 12, 2017 4:31 PM

Apr 2011
Zero and Mercenery's reunion was "aww" inducing.

It was him doing everything all along, huh. He is truly evil.
Jun 12, 2017 4:49 PM

Dec 2016
Now that was a great episode.

Will be even better next time when Zero kicks Thirteen's ass.

Very heartwarming reunion for Zero & Mercenary.

I had a feeling what was going to happen next, I remember the trap from the Church.

Thirteen & Him being the same person, I reckon most people already knew that.

How great has the OST been for this series? I love it.
Jun 12, 2017 5:09 PM

Jan 2016
Well almost all anime this season have plot twist at episode 9-10 like Kado, Saekano, etc.. I said Zero has a plot twist too.

Can't wait to see the battle between Thirteen and Zero
Jun 12, 2017 7:29 PM

Jun 2017
Great episode, the reunion was heartwarming :D
Felt a little slow paced, but that's just my short attention span xD
Jun 12, 2017 7:50 PM

Dec 2014
thirteen you bastard...that guy is really nuts...he is truly a Akuma
Jun 12, 2017 9:30 PM

Oct 2011
Great reunion omg 😲 ahh
Jun 12, 2017 10:59 PM

Dec 2013
A really nice reunion:)

Fuck thirteen lol
Jun 13, 2017 1:06 AM

Jul 2014
Another solid episode, even though their reunion was long overdue. Still, let's hope they can defeat Thirteen so we can at least somewhat see some of Zero and Mercenary's chemistry from earlier in the season again.
Jun 13, 2017 3:08 AM

May 2015
I didn't really like the reunion to be honest.

Mercenary voices his reasons for leaving and doubting her:
-The whole witches playing a part in creating Beastfallen.
-To survive he had to doubt and not trust others.

Instead of hearing him out and understanding his reasons, Zero just went "What about ME! ME! ME!." She ain't the only one that lived a lonely life.

Also, those idiot guards reading battle plans in front of the fucking HOSTAGES!

Jun 13, 2017 4:00 AM
Nov 2016
Wait, if 13's goal is to erase the fear of witches...then go with the plan to erase magic. That simple.
Jun 13, 2017 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
The most compelling thing about this episode, having seen the scene so striking between Zero and the Mercenary, is when it comes to discovering who is the true builder of all that is happening in history. The mercenary is really an interesting type, not even this time, let go of silly speeches, that man! I hope Zero beat up strong, that bastard of Thirteen.
Jun 13, 2017 6:55 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, I thought they were with "Him" because they had seen him,talked to him and stuff, but they trusted a totally unknown person with their lives. These witches are more dumb than I thought xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 13, 2017 8:08 AM

Nov 2009
Comander-07 said:
I sort of like thirteen. Nobody cares what you want. Im pretty sure most kids in school would rather play outside. 20 years later they might regret it.

And if they listen to their parents, 20 years later, the parents would regret it and complain about not having grandchildren. You can't win at life.

CtrlZED said:

Instead of hearing him out and understanding his reasons, Zero just went "What about ME! ME! ME!." She ain't the only one that lived a lonely life.

Which part of Zero seemed mature to you? Creating a book of convenient spells that turn out to be good for destruction? Trusting a random fluffy stranger? Having a lover's quarrel with that stranger when she found out he had doubts about her? Maybe her loli body? :)
Jun 13, 2017 2:10 PM

Sep 2014
flannan said:
Comander-07 said:

And if they listen to their parents, 20 years later, the parents would regret it and complain about not having grandchildren. You can't win at life.

Im pretty sure no parents complaim about kids going to school. You can win at life, just dont suck and its an auto win ^^
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 13, 2017 3:10 PM

Mar 2016
Thirteen revealed himself this episode and the stage is set for an epic showdown between him and Zero! I can't wait for the big fight and the battle of ideas for what is the right way to apply magic to the world. Mercenary will have a front row seat to the big show but will he have a pivotal role in the end?
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 13, 2017 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Things worked out well in the end. Nothing too surprising.
Jun 14, 2017 1:01 AM

May 2015
flannan said:
CtrlZED said:

Which part of Zero seemed mature to you? Creating a book of convenient spells that turn out to be good for destruction? Trusting a random fluffy stranger? Having a lover's quarrel with that stranger when she found out he had doubts about her? Maybe her loli body? :)

Well, pardon me for expecting some character development. She was imprisoned and could have used that time to reflect on why the Mercenary left. I guess it's better for her to remain a perpetually naive loli that doesn't mature right? Because that makes for such a compelling well written story!
Jun 14, 2017 3:18 PM

Jan 2017
that hands !!!
is thirteen an early version of i, Petelgeuse Romanée-Cont???
Jun 15, 2017 4:40 AM

Aug 2012
joe_g7 said:
Wow, I thought they were with "Him" because they had seen him,talked to him and stuff, but they trusted a totally unknown person with their lives. These witches are more dumb than I thought xD
You mean you did not realize 13 was Him from the moment he was first mentioned? I mean come on: everyone dies , only two survivors remain , and the only the one that appears to know what happened leaves almost immediately would seem a bit suspicious no? No one ever wonders why Him let Zero alive? If Him would be anyone else would have killed everyone.
Jun 15, 2017 4:47 AM

Dec 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
joe_g7 said:
You mean you did not realize 13 was Him from the moment he was first mentioned? I mean come on: everyone dies , only two survivors remain , and the only the one that appears to know what happened leaves almost immediately would seem a bit suspicious no?
I mean that I'm amazed that NONE of these witches seems to doubt His identity even a bit, everyone is just following him blindly.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 15, 2017 5:12 AM

Jul 2009
So 13 was the one that did everything! He is "Him", I was not expecting that! Zero is mad now.
Jun 15, 2017 5:20 AM

Aug 2012
joe_g7 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
You mean you did not realize 13 was Him from the moment he was first mentioned? I mean come on: everyone dies , only two survivors remain , and the only the one that appears to know what happened leaves almost immediately would seem a bit suspicious no?
I mean that I'm amazed that NONE of these witches seems to doubt His identity even a bit, everyone is just following him blindly.
well, most people are like that. If the con artist has enough charisma most people will fall for it. Most people that do not study very strict sciences like mathematics cannot follow long logical inferences with ease so it is easy to lose someone this way and trick them. There are a lot of books about how to trick someone this way basically based on that to most people a inference seems correct when is not (an inference is A=>B). For instance if you say "that all cretans are liars" the negation is not "all cretans are truth tellers" but "not all cretans are liars" or "some cretans do not lie" . This type of logical little traps may seem silly but most people fall for them. And you should remember that the witches had no studies.

PS: here is a more detailed explanation: http://archive.cudahynow.com/blogs/communityblogs/122552808.html
nightcrawlercypJun 15, 2017 5:28 AM
Jun 15, 2017 5:25 AM

Aug 2012
bittersweetlove said:
So 13 was the one that did everything! He is "Him", I was not expecting that! Zero is mad now.
I am surprised it took so long. the first hint (at least to me) that 13 was Him (not that I did not have this suspicion before) is that both 13 and Him use rats for sending messages and spying. No other witch we see in the whole Wenia uses rats for communicating. He could have used different animals but it seems he likes rats more since he is like a rat.
Jun 15, 2017 7:37 AM

Oct 2011
I don't know what spell they were casting at the end, but Zero obviously will finish chanting first: her name is faster to say. :p
Jun 16, 2017 5:48 AM

Oct 2008
I hope their clash won't get interrupted just like last time...lolz
Zero & Youhei reunion was great!
4/5.

Jun 16, 2017 8:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a great surprise!!!
Jun 16, 2017 3:12 PM

Sep 2013
Thirteen is pretty boring. But at least Zero and Merc are together again.

Gotta love the convenient magic sealing. Zero can't use magic but Thirteen can, Thirteen wants to kill Youhei but that would kill Zero, when Zero get's out of a cage both of them can now use magic.
Jun 17, 2017 12:11 AM

Aug 2010
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Wait, if 13's goal is to erase the fear of witches...then go with the plan to erase magic. That simple.
You know you are absolutely right. But I think he wants to kill all the witches is because he tried teaching and he fucked up so he wants to erase the people he created along with his death so that when Zeo can come out of the cave she would be inclined to look at what he had done in a positive way in light of his death and perhaps carry out whatever he had planned her to do afterwards.
Jun 17, 2017 4:26 AM
Nov 2016
ThRippJck said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
You know you are absolutely right. But I think he wants to kill all the witches is because he tried teaching and he fucked up so he wants to erase the people he created along with his death so that when Zeo can come out of the cave she would be inclined to look at what he had done in a positive way in light of his death and perhaps carry out whatever he had planned her to do afterwards.

When looking from that perspective, that actually does make sense. 13 does have the face of a psychopath, so deaths don't probably mean anything to him emotionally.
Jun 17, 2017 1:12 PM

Jun 2013
The reunion was so goooood <3333
Jun 18, 2017 6:41 PM

Sep 2015
Cmon another fcking cliffhanger ;-;
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

150 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

64 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

89 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

82 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2017

113 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 9:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.