Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2017 10:04 PM

Aug 2015
I honestly think his character in whole would have been better if didn't have a quirk .

Now listen this my opinion but I think I see him more a guy who uses brains and martial arts to overcome people who have quirks.

Sort of like batman . I can't shake the feeling that is whole aspiration to be a hero since the first 2 episode quickly shatter when all might gave him his quirk . Like yes he worked to handle that quirk but even then I feel like that doesn't seem to go right with his character you know .

I will find him more badass if he can go up against bakugou with no quirks just himself .

But I don't know that's just how I feel

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2017 10:18 PM

Oct 2013
is this in response to this or something that also came out today?
https://youtu.be/bhGNzFvNXiY?t=3m44s
Jun 10, 2017 10:33 PM

Jan 2010
deadright said:
I honestly think his character in whole would have been better if didn't have a quirk .

Now listen this my opinion but I think I see him more a guy who uses brains and martial arts to overcome people who have quirks.

Sort of like batman . I can't shake the feeling that is whole aspiration to be a hero since the first 2 episode quickly shatter when all might gave him his quirk . Like yes he worked to handle that quirk but even then I feel like that doesn't seem to go right with his character you know .

I will find him more badass if he can go up against bakugou with no quirks just himself .

Go find fanfictions if you want to entertain yourself with a quirkless deku! There are quite some XD

Anyway, I thought it's interesting too, but it's almost impossible to get into UA without a quirk :(

But I agree to some extent. It would be better if Deku get a non-offensive quirk, like healing or something. A quirk that required him to be more creative if he wants to defeat villains.
Jun 10, 2017 10:35 PM

Mar 2017
*Real talk about finding the proper subforum*

thirtyfriggintomatoesmal
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jun 10, 2017 10:36 PM

Mar 2016
Shicchi said:
deadright said:

Go find fanfictions if you want to entertain yourself with a quirkless deku! There are quite some XD

Anyway, I thought it's interesting too, but it's almost impossible to get into UA without a quirk :(

But I agree to some extent. It would be better if Deku get a non-offensive quirk, like healing or something. A quirk that required him to be more creative if he wants to defeat villains.

I like that idea. I personally feel like hero academy Isn't that good and it's only well recieved because their hasn't been a decent shounen action/adventure story in a while (like 4 years or so. Also I mostly read so maybe an adaption came out that I can't think of)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2017 10:39 PM

Mar 2015
@deadright yeah, i would think so, but there is already side story where one of mc is quirkless...

Extect said:
I like that idea. I personally feel like hero academy Isn't that good and it's only well recieved because their hasn't been a decent shounen action/adventure story in a while (like 4 years or so. Also I mostly read so maybe an adaption came out that I can't think of)

World Trigger >>>>>>>>>> BNHA
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 10, 2017 10:43 PM

Jan 2016
But that's not suppose to happen?

Remember, REAL TALK HERE, he is narrating his story from when he is already the greatest professional hero. So to become that he obviously needs a quirk lmao.
Jun 10, 2017 10:50 PM

Mar 2016
Kuma said:
@deadright yeah, i would think so, but there is already side story where one of mc is quirkless...

Extect said:

I agree... but the manga (or translation) has basically paused at about the same point the anime got to I believe. I really like noragami as well. I view that and world trigger as about equals
Jun 10, 2017 11:33 PM

Mar 2015
Extect said:
Kuma said:

I agree... but the manga (or translation) has basically paused at about the same point the anime got to I believe. I really like noragami as well. I view that and world trigger as about equals

the authos is sick... he has got operation because of it and currently on recovery..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 10, 2017 11:41 PM

Apr 2016
deadright said:

Go and read the manga Boku no Hero Academia Illegals.
Jun 10, 2017 11:45 PM

Sep 2009
Kuma said:

Extect said:

That's honestly the most dead-weight character I've ever seen in a non-harem anime.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 10, 2017 11:46 PM

Nov 2014
"MCs always needs to possess overpowered abilities and be as unbeatable as possible."

Jun 10, 2017 11:47 PM

Jun 2017
I like Boku no hero academia but it wouldn't go to my top list anyway if he was like batman I probably would have liked him but that's impossible because midoriya is a wuss
Jun 10, 2017 11:50 PM

Jun 2017
mizukasa said:
"MCs always needs to possess overpowered abilities and be as unbeatable as possible."

Is anime the only thing you watch sometimes it's better with the character have human strength but high skill and high intellect for example batman my favourite American super hero for 1 reason and that is because batman sticks out the most in JL in the comics he can beat everyone in the JSA because of how smart he is
Jun 10, 2017 11:54 PM

Sep 2009
So are you talking about the power he got from the all might dude, or something from the manga? Anyhow, there wouldn't be any academia in the title if he didn't have the one for all thin.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 10, 2017 11:58 PM

Nov 2014
Unknown12468 said:
mizukasa said:

Is anime the only thing you watch sometimes it's better with the character have human strength but high skill and high intellect for example batman my favourite American super hero for 1 reason and that is because batman sticks out the most in JL in the comics he can beat everyone in the JSA because of how smart he is

Sorry but most Japanese authors doesn't think so. Most anime or manga and even light novels are like that. They seem to think
would be a necessity if they want their works to be popular. And it works because most casual fans have shit taste. So why go for something else if it already guarantees the popularity and money? Why risk the hard work for something you don't know if it'll be popular?

Westerners and the Japanese people have very different tastes. And the latter doesn't even care about the former's tastes.
mizukasaJun 11, 2017 12:01 AM
Jun 11, 2017 12:01 AM

Mar 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
Kuma said:

That's honestly the most dead-weight character I've ever seen in a non-harem anime.

i need to know which one you are reffering to.. is it WT? or BNHA? or Vigilante? or my reply?

mizukasa said:

again, World Trigger says HI
Jun 11, 2017 12:05 AM

Apr 2017
Welp I'd find Deku way more a reliable character with decent traits unlike Kirito with zero yet negative personal developments. Kinda dull if you compared it to the "Gary Stu" with a perfection but no flaws itself.

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 11, 2017 12:07 AM

Nov 2014
Kuma said:

mizukasa said:

Sorry if I'm generalizing too much. I'm actually talking about most, not all superpower anime or manga and their authors who seems to always think like that. It's almost like a tradition to have a certain MC like that for them.
Jun 11, 2017 12:09 AM

Aug 2015
Read the bottom:

It too must say that i would liked it more if he would be a quirkless hero, especially because the boku no hero powers are not that OP like in HxH or something, where someone without a power is an ant compared to someone who does have a power.

But the problem is, even if deku could somehow master martial arts etc, he would be at the level of like the tape guy or iida. He still couldn't compete to Bakugo, Todoroki etc. because of the sheer, raw combat power.
Jun 11, 2017 12:12 AM

Mar 2015
mizukasa said:
Kuma said:

Sorry if I'm generalizing too much. I'm actually talking about most, not all superpower anime or manga and their authors who seems to always think like that. It's almost like a tradition to have a certain MC like that for them.

well, story telling always need need a tool to give exciting powerful story telling... easiest way is either drama, tragedy or surrounded around powerful character it self as action... that's just how the way is it and not special to anime in anyways... even if take a look at traditional folklore, it's pretty much same... i don't understand why it is need to be noted...
KumaJun 11, 2017 12:15 AM
Jun 11, 2017 12:42 AM

Oct 2016
i'm so fucking amazed with the whole Finger all for one, i hope it stay that way for a little bit longer.
Jun 11, 2017 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
Doesn't like... Tiger & Bunny have a Batman expy as the protagonist? That's what I've heard, at least.

If I want Batman I'll probably consume some Batman-related media. The concept of a powerless guy fighting powerful guys feels just as generic to me as a powerful guy fighting other powerful guys.

Besides, Deku's inability to fully control One For All due to getting it at such an older age than is the norm for quirks still allows him to play the underdog pretty often in these early stages.
TripleSRankJun 11, 2017 12:53 AM
Jun 11, 2017 6:51 AM

Aug 2015
TripleSRank said:
Doesn't like... Tiger & Bunny have a Batman expy as the protagonist? That's what I've heard, at least.

If I want Batman I'll probably consume some Batman-related media. The concept of a powerless guy fighting powerful guys feels just as generic to me as a powerful guy fighting other powerful guys.

Besides, Deku's inability to fully control One For All due to getting it at such an older age than is the norm for quirks still allows him to play the underdog pretty often in these early stages.

i think that whole show is cause we want to root for the underdog ..when in fact he probably has the most op ability in the whole school . Yes it has his draw backs but i think he stands out more if he didnt have a quirk .
Jun 11, 2017 6:51 AM

Aug 2015
Shicchi said:
deadright said:

you okay dude you seemed pissed off at something i said ?
Jun 11, 2017 6:54 AM

Jan 2008
In the spin-off manga to Boku one of the MC has no quirks and is a rip off of Batman.

If I'm not mistaken.
Jun 11, 2017 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
Rojo said:
In the spin-off manga to Boku one of the MC has no quirks and is a rip off of Batman.

If I'm not mistaken.

nah, he is not reach... just crazy old man...
Jun 11, 2017 9:44 AM

Jan 2010
deadright said:
Shicchi said:

you okay dude you seemed pissed off at something i said ?

What? No! I didn't mad! Quite the opposite! ^v^
Jun 11, 2017 10:08 AM

Jan 2014
Extect said:
Shicchi said:

i also quite like the idea when something almost impossible becomes possible with hard work. to train like ippo or shirahama kenichi and thereafter become invincible at some points, however it wouldnt be so cool if he just ends up like one punch man XD cause i like to see some efforts
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jun 11, 2017 10:17 AM

Jan 2014
Corvus8 said:
Read the bottom:

It too must say that i would liked it more if he would be a quirkless hero, especially because the boku no hero powers are not that OP like in HxH or something, where someone without a power is an ant compared to someone who does have a power.

But the problem is, even if deku could somehow master martial arts etc, he would be at the level of like the tape guy or iida. He still couldn't compete to Bakugo, Todoroki etc. because of the sheer, raw combat power.
well that wouldve deppended on how powerfull the mangaka wouldve made the characters to begin with
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jun 11, 2017 10:52 AM
Aug 2016
then deku would be too weak, so in order to make him competent, the author would have to go with Fairy Tail style and make things like fire blasts do as much damage as normal punches instead of actually burning the target.
Jun 11, 2017 2:19 PM
May 2015
It isn't that simple. I understand where ur coming from but I think everything is fine as it is.
Jun 11, 2017 9:56 PM

Nov 2014
NudeBear said:
sort of like batman...
So like nerf every super-powered hero whenever they run into Deku so he can beat them?

Nah
+1

Completely agree with this.. i think deku is already great as he is, given he himself hasn't mastered his quirk yet.. Now without quirk, i'm pretty sure he need a thick plot armor (just like batman) to beat any other combatant that possessed a quirk and it would get old pretty quick.. so yeah, i don't think it would be a good decision story wise..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Jun 12, 2017 12:00 AM

Dec 2015
deadright said:

I thought that was the story's direction at first... I mean It'll be cool to see Deku defeat an opponent using only his Wits and Physical abilities .

but I have to agree w/ some of the comments above, I like the story as is. And to me personally I don't think brains and martial arts are enough for him to become number one like All might and save others from a strong Villain, especially in BNHA world where majority of the population have quirks and rely on it. It would've take a lot of plot armor for him to be able to do so.
QueenSapphireJun 12, 2017 6:25 PM
Jun 13, 2017 12:24 AM

Jul 2015
QueenSapphire said:
deadright said:

I thought that was the story's direction at first... I mean It'll be cool to see Deku defeat an opponent using only his Wits and Physical abilities .

but I have to agree w/ some of the comments above, I like the story as is. And to me personally I don't think brains and martial arts are enough for him to become number one like All might and save others from a strong Villain, especially in BNHA world where majority of the population have quirks and rely on it. It would've take a lot of plot armor for him to be able to do so.
True, especially the Villains that showed up later on, it just won't work(or if it did it would get repetitive because you would always have to depower the villain before the Non quicker Main character can go in)
Sup...
Jun 16, 2017 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
this is a part of japanese mentality i think. literally every shonen hero either natural born genius or was gifted with talent. this is really stupid and negating the whole point of character development. it doesn't matter what character doing, because he is already the best and the strongest character from the beginning.
batman is very non-japanese character.
Jun 16, 2017 10:05 AM
Apr 2013
I would have been a lot happier if he didn't have a quirk. Deku is observant and smart on his own. He would have been fine as a Batman-like super hero that used his smarts and maybe some weapons to win in fights.

It just seems... pointless to give him a quirk.

Best Waifu: Holo - Spice and Wolf
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate
Read my Wolf's Rain fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12618229/1/Finding-Paradise-Wolf-s-Rain
Jun 16, 2017 5:23 PM

Jul 2015
Okami1 said:
I would have been a lot happier if he didn't have a quirk. Deku is observant and smart on his own. He would have been fine as a Batman-like super hero that used his smarts and maybe some weapons to win in fights.

It just seems... pointless to give him a quirk.
Yeah, so a lot of the fights would have been reliance on others, or fightning against Non Quirk Crooks(which makes no sense in tis world), and he's nowhere near Rich enough to be Batman like(and Batman mostly fights NON super power people anyway)
Sup...
Jun 16, 2017 5:23 PM

Jul 2015
d445 said:
this is a part of japanese mentality i think. literally every shonen hero either natural born genius or was gifted with talent. this is really stupid and negating the whole point of character development. it doesn't matter what character doing, because he is already the best and the strongest character from the beginning.
Even though his quirk at the start and even now is weaker than a lot of Quirks in his grade(and higher)
Sup...
Jun 17, 2017 3:10 AM
Jan 2017
Unknown12468 said:
mizukasa said:

Batman is a bad example has become the epitome of a gary stu character now, fighting people beyond him like Superman and winning is complete bullshit and just insults the reader (non canon). Constant plot armor and surviving things no human should.

Batman works when his fighting villains similar to him and in Gotham.

If Deku was going to be quirk-less Kohei writing would have to be much more tight and grounded to avoid wins looking like plot contrivances and aspulls.
Jun 17, 2017 4:42 AM
Dec 2011
Not having a quirk in Boku No hero universe it's like not having neither Haki nor devil fruit in One Piece or Nen in Hunter X Hunter.
Also, unlike Batman universe where very few people have super power in Boku no Hero World 80% of population have super power.
So if Deku has no quirk he can become a hero but he would never be able to become top 10 heroes let alone becoming number 1.
tiagraJun 17, 2017 4:45 AM
Jun 17, 2017 1:24 PM
Jun 2016
Batman is ridiculously overrated though.

He's one of the richest people in the world. Knows 100+ martial art moves AND is the worlds greatest detective?

Do people actually know much about Batman? He's not exactly powerless and in many cases I'd say he's more OP than Deku. After all with enough "prep time" Batman can beat anybody.

Jun 17, 2017 1:30 PM
Jun 2016
d445 said:

Uh Batman was born into one of the richest families on the planet and inherited it all. He's also super smart, knows practically every type of fighting technique, is a gifted inventor, super detective, ace pilot, ace driver, can beat any other hero regardless of their power given enough time to prepare, etc...

How is batman not like the types of characters you're complaining about?

I'm glad Deku has the quirk he has instead of giving him asspulls to beat superior opponents. It's not like he's invincible anyways.
Jun 17, 2017 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
Why the fuck did the author promote the whole "Even an ordinary guy can become a hero" theme at the beginning only to contradict it by giving the MC powers?
Jun 17, 2017 5:53 PM

Dec 2015
RascalEnn said:
Why the fuck did the author promote the whole "Even an ordinary guy can become a hero" theme at the beginning only to contradict it by giving the MC powers?

Because he literally was an ordinary guy who became a hero?

I think most people have forgotten BUT... Deku literally passed the first few stages of the contest with-out his quirk.
~
Jun 17, 2017 6:21 PM

Jun 2014
Touka__Kirishima said:
RascalEnn said:

Because he literally was an ordinary guy who became a hero?

I think most people have forgotten BUT... Deku literally passed the first few stages of the contest with-out his quirk.

The show was going a different direction at the start where it wanted to get the point across that anyone could be a hero even if they didn't have the abilities to compete with those who have powers, but it did a complete u-turn by giving the MC powers anyway. The editor's comments seem to reflect this decision as well. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth when the audience is given false hope like that
Jun 17, 2017 7:00 PM
Jul 2014
deadright said:
TripleSRank said:

i think that whole show is cause we want to root for the underdog ..when in fact he probably has the most op ability in the whole school . Yes it has his draw backs but i think he stands out more if he didnt have a quirk .

Its hilarious how people keep saying this after he lost the tournament hell if you kept up with the manga you'll be wishing he won more fights. Having a strong power doesn't mean much of anything if you can't use it to its full potential.
Jun 18, 2017 1:02 AM

Mar 2014
RascalEnn said:

He EARNED his powers, All Might said during last episode why he chose him and not someone else.

Jun 19, 2017 5:09 AM

Jan 2014
Deku is new Naruto.

meh
Jun 19, 2017 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
It's not a bad idea, OP... but that's just how the author wanted to write Midoriya so there's no helping it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

234 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2017

205 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 11, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

alpha_shadow - Apr 15, 2017

227 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 9, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.